What are the chances that I could be pregnant?

I need advice…please keep this anonymous. A little back story - on my last birth control pack, I accidentally started my Estrylla birth control pack one day early, on August 1st, but it was supposed to be August 2nd. Well I started my period early (around Aug 16-18, I can’t remember which day, but it was one day that week), and it was really painful. Well, I started a new pack on August 23rd, so the 23-29 would have been my first week in the new pack. I have been extremely busy with work and stuff, so I mistakenly missed Thursday (8/27), took only one pill Friday, and also missed Saturday (29th) and Sunday (30th). My usual cycle is 28 days, like clockwork (I always start on Thursday the week of the placebo pills), and I know you ovulate 14 days before the 1st day of your next period if you have a 28-day cycle. So this means I would ovulate around September 1st. I had unprotected sex with my hubby This Sat (the 29th), not even thinking of the missed pills. My question is, do I need to start a new pack since I have missed three pills? I’ve heard you have to, but I DIDNT miss 3 in a ROW like stated above. I missed Thursday but took my Friday one, and missed Sat and Sun for a little review. So, since my last period seemed to start a little earlier than usual, would my ovulation date be off? I usually have mild cramping during ovulation, and I am currently doing that. What are my chances of getting pregnant due to the three missed pills, and should I start a new pack? Or just take the 3 I missed and one a day until the lack is finished? Has anyone gone through this?

19 Likes

Well normally if you forget to take one day, double up the next and than go back to one. But forgetting two days in a row? And if it’s a low dosage your body could think it’s time to “drain”. Screwed up your system. Missed many pills. Have protected sex and have your period than start over! But congrats you possibly could be prego unless you’ve been on the pill for a long time. See/call the doc. Good luck

1 Like

Stay off the “ D” then u won’t have to worry… duh? :roll_eyes:

Precis,did you ever learn this word at school?.

Why are you even posting this on here. Go to the doctor.

I’m just here for the comments :joy::woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

🤦 okay so your ovulation day does not have to be a certain day of your cycle. It can be different days. Your period is probably messed up because you are not taking your pills properly. :roll_eyes: consult your Dr.

6 Likes

Just take the rest of the pack as normal and find a better routine for taking your pills (put the with your toothbrush so you remember them every night when you brush your teeth or something like that) not taking your pills properly is going to effect your period and of course there is a chance you could be pregnant. Your periods are like clockwork because the pills cause them to be. Might want to use other protection for the next week or so as well

3 Likes

Just welcome the bundle with open arms…

10 Likes

Finish the pack normally. You probably aren’t ovulating like you should since you are on the pill. I missed them all the time and never got pregnant until I completely stopped taking them. Your period will probably be irregular since you’ve missed some pills. If you don’t get a period at all then maybe take a test. Other than that I wouldn’t worry.

Wait it out. Can’t find out your pregnant in 2 days. Talk to your doctor, aint nobody here gonna be able to follow that type of logic.

2 Likes

You’re probably not pregnant, but you still should consult a doctor rather than Facebook. Also, you should definitely be more diligent taking your pills regularly or use a different form of birth control unless you’re wanting to have a child.

4 Likes

I got pregnant with my 1st daughter on the pill. I missed 1 day just 1 and yep apparently thats all it takes. I had a bunch of health issues that should have made it almost impossible and yet 1 missed pill sex on 1 weekend and bam welcome my miracle baby :laughing: took me 2 years of trying for my 2nd born. So ya its definitely possible to get pregnant missing a dose

4 Likes

A pharmacist can tell you if you should start a new pack or not. It depends on what day it was in the pack and how many pills. They know all of that. And the possibility of pregnancy not really sure. They might know that too. I switched from the pill to the ring because I wasn’t absorbing the pill and I wanted protection right away. The pharmacist was able to tell me when to do the switch. Good luck!

Has anyone gone through this? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Um. Take a pregnancy test lol

3 Likes

When you miss a pill you should take 2 the next day. If you miss more than 3 days in a row, you would stop the pill wait for your cycle then start new pack after

1 Like

I would just continue the pack you already started

This sounds like a whole mess lol. I would get a birth control plan you can’t forget.

2 Likes

Speak to your pharmacist or doctor.

1 Like

I have done this. I was told to throw the pack and start a new one by my doctor

Wowzers sorry that was a mouth full :sweat_smile: . Take a test babe! Call your doctor ! :heart:

1 Like

I missed one pill and got pregnant with my daughter😁

1 Like

Chances are higher that you can get pregnant because you didn’t have a steady dose, had unprotected sex after missing a pill and missed another the next day.

You can get pregnant by having unprotected sex several days before ovulation as sperm usually lives about 72 hours, but since you can’t calculate ovulation based on your “cycle” while taking birth control because that cycle is “chemically” set by the hormones in the pill, you might have ovulated just because you had missed a bunch of pills and your body was missing the hormone that HAD been stopping it.

I named my missed pills Daniel.

What is to be will be, God or Fate has a plan.

Take your pills and finish the pack. And next time, if you realize within 48 hours of the mistake, ask a pharmacist how many pills equals a dose of Plan B, which is essentially the same progestin hormone to prevent ovulation as birth control pills just in a higher dose and take those all at once. Or just buy Plan B. It’s over the counter at every drug store.

1 Like

Both my daughters are pill babies. And I took it religiously.

1 Like

U basically explained yourself like 3x
Anyways there’s a chance
U missed 3 days and then didn’t compensate by taking plan B or the extra pills u missed
Sperm can stay alive for 3 days which falls on the days you actually missed ur pills😏
U need to take a test

1 Like

I’m just gonna put this out there… the poster clearly has a ton of anxiety/dread over thinking she’s pregnant, telling her to welcome a baby if she’s pregnant isn’t gonna fix the fact that so many unwanted children are abused and neglected. Maybe stop making it the norm that people have to have kids, more people probably shouldn’t have kids than those who should, not everyone steps up and becomes a decent parent. The system is full of children proving that. To the OP… consult a doctor, not Facebook. You are more than likely A - OK :ok_hand: but if you’re worried there are other options a doctor can speak about… plan b might be an option to take if you’ve missed birth control and had unprotected sex, but again I’m not a doctor so you need to consult one to get the information you need.

3 Likes

Yes, if you miss pills there is a chance of pregnancy. My advice would be to talk to your doctor. They get these types of questions on a daily basis. You may also wanna think about another form of BC besides pills.

8 Likes

Hope hubs has a good pull out game. Missing pills is how some of us got here. For real talk to a doctor. Dr. Facebook is not always accurate and the med school is super easy to get into.

7 Likes

Bc isn’t 100% no matter what… Always a chance. Just higher when you miss a pill. It’s probably too soon to even be detected at this point. Call your Dr before you do anything. If you’re concerned you might be and afraid to take more pills, I’d stop talking them until it can be confirmed but I’m not a Dr. I’ve known too many people that have gotten pregnant while on bc and were worried about birth defects because they kept talking their pill.

1 Like

There’s always a chance of pregnancy even if you’re on birth control. There,xs a bigger chance of pregnancy if you miss pills. I’d call your doctor so you get a straightforward answer from a medical professional instead of a hundred different answers from FB.

3 Likes

Talk to your doctor. Believe it or not, facebook is not medically sound information.

22 Likes

I got pregnant with one baby just because I took bc a few hours late. Another I missed a day and ended up pg. Id call the Dr and see what they recommend. I didnt take them when I realized I’d forgotten one and my period cramps that come the day or 2 before I start didnt come… Also, if your not pregnant and don’t want to be for a few years think about an IUD. That way you don’t forget about it.

1 Like

Sweetheart, listen. It’s ok. Breathe. From your post I get the impression that you are a younger woman, perhaps not been married that long and all of that is PERFECTLY 100% normal! It’s ok to be worried about forgetting to take a pill. Or 3. But … If you don’t do anything else, do yourself this favor, don’t listen to people on the internet. Half of them don’t care and only want to dog and degrade someone because it makes them feel better about themselves, some are nut jobs, some of us genuinely care because we’ve been there (but we learn a little more as we age :wink:) but in the end, we’re all strangers who didn’t go to medical school. So for now, I would suggest just relaxing and phoning your obgyn at you earliest convenience. They literally specialize in this and if they are a good doctor, they will be more than happy to talk with you and address any concerns you may have.

28 Likes

Very slim. I’ve missed days from being busy but the chemical is still in your body. Set a daily reminder to take the pill. I take mine at night because thats usually the quiet part of my day.

1 Like

I was on the pill when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. And then I figured I go on the shot nope I still got pregnant on the shot and had my sec son. So pills don’t really help. Should go see ur dr in the am or get a test

1 Like

Birth control isn’t 100% effective. I’ve gotten pregnant twice on birth control. I’d just call your doctor to get accurate information instead of stressing about a bunch of bullshit that people on Facebook are telling you. Also, most birth controls have folic acid in them now for the purpose of most women not knowing they’re even pregnant yet and still taking their pill.

How can you be so precise on dates but forget to take a daily pill? This is one of the dumbest things I have ever wasted my time reading! Agree with Kristy Dennis, keep your personal junk off FB.

8 Likes

Ummm if you want this keep “anonymous” you may need to be taught what FaceBook is all about

2 Likes

I got pregnant and was on the pills regularly. But found out too late. And pills killed my baby. Never knew I was pregnant and kept taking my pills.

1 Like

I missed 2 random days when I was on the pill. My son is now 6. Even if you take bc correctly it is not 100% effective. Take a test or wait till your missed period. There’s always a chance you could be pregnant when you have sex.

1 Like

Lol. Yeah I have a wonderful 33 year old son due to missed birth control pills. Wouldn’t trade him for my life.

3 Likes

I would suggest that you get the arm implant thing so you don’t have to worry. :hugs:

1 Like

You screwed up your system by messing up your pills , you may bleed more or not at all! Sounds like you want to be pregnant!
Cal your doctor ! Don’t waste your time asking us !

Whoa you are either pregnant or you are not simple enough

1 Like

Wait a week or two , if you haven’t started, take a test. Don’t take any pills just incase you are pregnant

Depending on what time you had sex in the 29th you could go grab a plan B pill and try that still

I wouldn’t take no more pills and call the Dr

2 Likes

Why would you not call your doctor first?

3 Likes

Call your dr. If you are preg, then talk to him about plan B pill.

If you want to keep a secreat you in the wrong place. Take a test or see a doctor

2 Likes

I recommend an iud, you won’t have to worry about any of that

3 Likes

I got pregnant after missing only two

If you miss any there’s always a chance. Call your doc

Get a bc method you don’t have to think about

1 Like

Don’t take 3 at once. You can get pregnant by missing pills. Some do some don’t. Some get pregnant even with not missing pills.

1 Like

Take a test and then go to the dr to make sure

Can’t really help with this. All 4 of my pregnancies I was on the pill. Didn’t miss a day and took at exactly 7pm. :joy: good luck

Your chances are slim to none

1 Like

The chance is there. You missed pills and had unprotected sex :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Well you don’t ovulate when you are on the pill. It skips that part of the cycle

You should consider yourself unprotected.

2 Likes

Listen, I am not calling anyone out here on this thread, and I am no dr. But there is ALOT of misinformation on here, and some advice that is harmful to you. Go to sleep, stop panicking, and call your gyn first thing in the morning.

5 Likes

If you are concerned then wait till you can test (walmart has some that are a dollar or less (gotten them for .88 before) and they are accurate and can detect as early as 3-6 weeks depending on how much of the hormone you have I always had a high level cuz I used those at 3 weeks and got a positive. Or see your Dr. Better safe than sorry.

1 Like

I used to miss a pill a lot , busy with 2 kids , work… sometimes I used to take 2 in a day - one from previous day. Doctor said that’s fine. I didn’t fell pregnant even with missed pill. I think you should continue with new pack , just like nothing happened.

If you missed pills and had unprotected sex, there’s a chance you could be pregnant, it tells you in the fine print in the disclosures you get when you get your pack of pills. I got pregnant with my first baby after I missed a couple pills. It happens.:woman_shrugging:t2: It may be too early to test yet, but if you’re concerned, call your doctor.

Call ur doctor damn :woman_shrugging:t3:

My husband and I got separated when i found out he was having an affair with another woman, when i confronted him, we had argument and he broke up with me, i tried all i could to get him back but all to no avail. I cried all day and helpless looking up to God to help me with the problem in my marriage. All I need is my marriage to be restored back, we’ve been together for years and he has done nothing but cheated and lied to me. but I know it’s something that can be fixed I still love him the same way when I first met him. However I decided to seek help from Priest Andrew, he reunited my marriage back together as it was in the beginning. now my marriage is perfectly fine and I know there are lot of people out there who have different kind of problem in home, marriages and relationships. Here is Priest Andrew email: priestandrewcureservice123@gmail. Com
and whats app him +2349064356977

The chance is your an idiot

You my friend are a dumb ass.

Go and buy a cheap pregnancy test to put your mind at rest

When I was on birth control I only took 3 pills per week,sometimes I would start drinking a day after sex ,I got pregnant only after missing a week of no pills,I don’t know how my body worked back then

1 Like

Aaww just grab a home pregnancy test on your way home from work, or hubby get it.

1 Like

Girl. Im not about to read that long paragraph. Take a pregnancy test. Why are you asking us? Y’all need to stop.

1 Like

Go get a pregnancy test and call your doctor.

1 Like

Take a test… it will.tell you. The dollar store ones work great!

2 Likes

If you have questions about whether to start a new pack or catch up on the other three pills, then ask your OBGYN or whoever prescribed them. We aren’t doctors so we shouldn’t advise about that! Definitely grab a test, too. I got pregnant on the pill but I was lousy at taking it and would miss days/catch up days all the time. It can happen.

I mean you could be pregnant but if you’ve been on birth control for awhile I would lean towards lower chances but it’s always a smart idea to check if youre concerned.

1 Like

It’s possible whether you miss some or you’re taking it every day. Only time will tell. It may also be too early to take a test yet.

How fertal are you? Have you been consistent with the birth control before missing 3? Also you got your period a day early may mean the stress or weight gain or loss, so if you miss your period next month since your so consistent every 28 days then you know your pregnant if not then you know your not also just for future advice use a condom if your not ready for more or any children not trying to be mean just being honest don’t always rely on birth control pills use condoms to

I was on the pill forever missed them sometimes never got pregnant I didn’t know it could happen that eadyt

Way too much personal information, how can you be so inconsistent? Put them by your toothbrush and TAKE THEM

Personally, I’d speak with my medical provider.

2 Likes

Missed 1 day, kept taking them, and 2 months later I’m pregnant.

There is a chance you may be pregnant. If you ever miss a pill you’re supposed to take two the next day, and on the day that you missed the pill just half a backup contraception such as a condom. if you’re ever on medication and you throw up after taking the pill if it’s before 2 hours once again have a backup contraception
The pill isn’t foolproof but if you take it consistently it’s really good. when I got off birth control my cycle was regular for about two months and on the third month I got pregnant. it took a while for my body to get it out of my system but I would recommend waiting two weeks after you missed your period to get a test done.