What are the early signs of labor?

Fan Question
KarenšŸ’

What was everyoneā€™s first sign(s) of early labor?

6 Likes

I got a cold and lost my mucus plug. Also, was having cramping in my belly and back!

My water breaking :joy: was my first sign

my water breaking after i went to the bathroom at midnight :joy::joy: i was yelling to my husband to wake upā€¦ ā€œbabe, iā€™m done peeing & im still peeing a lotā€ :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I felt like I was hit with a Mack truck because my blood pressure spiked causing preeclampsia with both kids

I didnā€™t have any typical signs leading up to labour, but the day&night before I went into labour I felt the best I had in the entire 9 months, no sickness, heartburn, I could move and walk comfortably and I felt all around good about myself. I guess a day of no pregnancy symptoms was my signšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

1 Like

Water broke for my first two and my third I had to be induced because he was getting too big!

With my first my body started ā€œcleaning itself outā€ to prepare for labor. The next day I lost my mucus plug and started having consistent contractions. Definitely look out for awful lower back pain. That was my sign of going into labor with my second and it lasted weeks before I was in active labor.

Waking up with period cramps lol didnt have any pain then when i wokr up at 3 in the morning it all happened so fast lol

Felt off no appetite losing plug throughout the day

Iā€™ve been dialated at 3 cm for 6 weeks now my body ā€œcleaned itself outā€ I lost my plug about a week ago and have been having on and off back pain for weeks :unamused: doctor thought she was going to be here by this past weekend but nope not yet

Bad back pain and mild cramps

I woke up bleeding a little, when I got to hospital, they broke my water and out she came like 2 hrs laterā€¦with my son my water broke when I got out bed to pee, had him 11hrs later

My back was cramping up. I thought it was because I was cleaning. Later that night at my dadā€™s birthday party I started getting contractions 10min apartā€¦ Not fun when youre over an hour away from the hospital.

Lower back for me. I had no clue so laid on the couch. Then I could hardly walk!

I am daft I am older but what is a ā€˜mucus plugā€™? In the 70ā€™s no one talked about a ā€˜mucus plugā€™ā€¦

Lost my mucus plug and then Really bad period cramps followed

Compulsively throwing up and body shakes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What are the early signs of labor? - Mamas Uncut

37 weeks and fealing same , need to drink water and take it easy 3 Rd kid and I Thaink itā€™s Braxton hix and lighting crotch and legament pain all at once , soo ready baby come

It could be Braxton Hicks I had that same pain for almost a week before I went into labor with my second it could also be that baby has dropped and is sitting in a position that is causing the pain

I have a retroverted uterus, and my contractions didnā€™t bother me, but I had massive and continual backache for days. The only relief I had was to stand in a shower with the hot water on my back, or kneeling , like a dog to get the baby off my backbone.

Sounds like Braxton Hicks but if you are open to it, go on YouTube to look up pelvic opening/birth stretching because with some babyā€™s all they need is for you ti get them into position and you may be slightly off so itā€™s not progressing. Thatā€™s what happened to me. The moment it opened up at the hospital I was from 4-10 in less than an hour just with doing the stretching and movements. Good luck!

Could it be a UTI? I got them at the end of both my pregnancies.

2 Likes

I went in to get checked at 37 weeks with my second due to the same cramping. I was 6cm and water broke 45 mins later

1 Like

36 weeks here and experiencing the same thing. I feel tightening but I can never tell if itā€™s my baby stretching or what but it hurts. I have NSTs twice a week and today there was tiny squiggles on the monitor and they didnā€™t seem worried about it. Best bet is to rest, drink water and wait it out to see if it gets worse. Unfortunately they donā€™t do much if thereā€™s no proof of labor :smirk: super frustrating I know.

Cld b your kidney ask for ultra sound on kidneys to check for any kidney stones baby is squeezing all those organs.
Urine also cld easily b uti .
Both extremely common in later pregnancy

1 Like

Get checked for a uti or kidney infection. I had a bad one while pregnant, and just chocked up to normal pain when it wasnā€™t.

1 Like

Towards the end of my last pregnancy my Braxton Hicks felt a bit painful but since I had been in labor years before I knew what was the real deal. I would drink lots and take some Tylenol along with heat. I was very uncomfortable towards the end. Youā€™re getting close though! If the pain gets unbearable or you start bleeding I would for sure get checked again

1 Like

Could be uti or kidney stones.

I would definitely get checked for a uti. That is exactly how I felt with it during a pregnancy.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What are the early signs of labor? - Mamas Uncut

Sounds like the discomfort of being nine months pregnant. Baby is probably head down and close to engaged which makes everything sore and tender. I hope you get some relief.

I had the exact same pain at 37 weeks, turned out to be a UTI and then it triggered contractions and I gave birth 4 days later at exactly 38 weeks.

1 Like

In my experience with late pregnancy pain In the summer, the nurse told me that I wasnā€™t hydrated enough. No matter how much I was drinking, it was never enough. The muscles are stretching and when they arenā€™t hydrated enough it causes pain. Honestly, I do not remember if drinking the additional fluids helped the pain. I donā€™t know where you live but itā€™s been dangerously hot here in Virginia and it is very easy to get dehydrated if you arenā€™t pregnant in this kind of heat.

Had that with my last pregnancy at the end. It was from baby dropping and his head being so low and engaged it was pressing on everything.

1 Like

I had that and had a uti, did they check for that?

I unfortunately had this for a couple of weeks before I gave birth. I was induced. My midwife told me that it was due to the amount of weight and not to be concerned. The main thing is you have been checked out. Good luck! X

Why donā€™t you ask your doctor?

Maybe you just need to poop!

Go back , your body is starting labor , or something brewing, go and be your own advocate to stay in the hospital and get checked out

2 Likes

Have they checked you for an infection?
From your discription a bladder infection would honestly be my best guess.
And you really donā€™t want to let it go especially being 37 weeks.
Talk to your doctor or go back to the hospital.

I had this with my third, was having back labor. May want to call your doctor and check it out. Better safe then sorry.

I had that with all 4 of my pregnancies, no UTIs. I think itā€™s just part of the process before active labor starts and not everyone has Braxton Hicks contractions. Hot showers on my lower back and lots of walking helped alleviate the pain until I delivered my children.

1 Like

Sounds like there is pressure and nerves being hit in places with baby that are causing discomfort. Round ligament pain? Lots of stuff is being squished and pushed on. Also not drinking enough water can make you crampy. Sleep on your left side if you can

1 Like

I had that with my last three kids and I was in labor

I was 37 weeks with my 2nd and had similar symptoms also had the urge to use the restroom. Called my doc told me to go in and I was dilated had her 12 hours later

My daughter just had her son she was 38 wks

I never went into labor with my two so I donā€™t know how it feels but when I had the symptoms your explaining it always was a UTI for me

When you see yoir mucus plug come out. Well that happen to me lol. 24 hours after loosing the mucus plug, baby came

I was sore and cramping for a week and thought my baby was going to come a week earlier because of it but my doctor said they would go away if i just drank water. Water didnā€™t work and I had the cramps all week and passed my due date still cramping but no contractions until 3 days passed my due date. I started having contractions but they werenā€™t close then at 5am on the forth day late I woke up in pain and was in labor. Definitely drink water just in case it is from dehydration but it could be your body preparing for labor or the baby getting in position and causing pressure or a kidney infection/uti. Talk to you doctor but remember that you know your body best. Try to breathe, relax, and take it easy. Good luckā™„ļø

Little booger may just be dropping in an uncomfortable way, or pushing on nerves, but Iā€™d still get checked for a uti just in case.

Girl if it really makes you worry go. I thought mine were just cramps or false labor and gave birth in my driveway a few hours later.

Sounds like a UTI or Kidney infection?

Get checked for a UTI or kidney stones or infection

I had this and it ended up being a kidney infection. Was in hospital over night with a IV in. Best to get checked again. Xxx

I had the same with my firstā€¦ā€¦
Itā€™s just your body pre-preparing itself.
I found that sitting on an exercise ball helped me a lot in the last weeks as well as sitting on the floorā€¦. It helps to open the pelvic floorā€¦
The bath will help, but I needed help getting outā€¦lol
Maybe ask your husband to take a frozen wAter bottle, or a tennis ball and roll it on you lower back.
Make sure you are drinking your water !