What are the signs of labor?

I’m 36 weeks pregnant and out of nowhere I’ve been feeling horrible, flu/cold like symptoms and horribly aching body. My appetite is gone and it has been for 4 days now, I don’t want anything at all. I read it could be an early sign of labor, anyone have any similar experience or advice?

4 Likes

Yes I did that and went into labor not long after

1 Like

I felt that way and had my son the next day.

1 Like

I did that with my last baby for about a week before I had her

1 Like

Yes…I was 36 weeks, and didn’t feel right, I mean I was fat and miserable…but something wasn’t right…Monday it started, tues I called in to work b/c my whole body ached, so it wasn’t just stomach, wed I went to work and went back home after 4 hours, I just couldn’t function. Felt like I was getting the flu…that night-talked to nurses, who told me to come in and get checked…but to prepare and not be upset if they sent me home. So I get there, and I am in fact in labor (no water broke), and baby was breach, so they did emergency c-section. All is good now and have 6 month old. Not telling you to scare you by any means…but you know your body and if something feels off/wrong—go get checked out!

4 Likes

Did with mine, all 3 of them, all of them a little early and after a few days of feeling icky my water broke with with each one of them, so yeah, it is a real thing.

1 Like

Have you let your obgyn know honey?

Oh wow i had no idea that happens and I’m on my 3rd. Lol

1 Like

37 weeks force myself to eat for last 2 weeks. Im not dialated or anything

1 Like

I had the same feeling and my water broke at 34 weeks. I went to the dr the day before my water broke and told her how I felt, she thought we would have had a little more than 24 hours

1 Like

I think you just have a bug.

Yes a couple of weeks before I went into labor I had the no appetite, loose stools, etc. Midwife said it’s your body “clearing out” in preparation to push baby out.

1 Like