What can cause a period to be late?

I am 9 days late for my period, and I have had a tubal ligation last year. What am I to do because I am lost of why I am late.

19 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What can cause a period to be late?

You could be pregnant if they were only tied.

1 Like

Take a pregnancy test

2 Likes

it’s still possible you could be pregnant…

1 Like

Take a test just to be sure. Women can still get pregnant with TL. Otherwise it could just be stress or hormones as well

You can absolutely be pregnant- take a test first and then call the doctor. Or just call the doctor first because it could be so many things!

Hormones? Early menopause

Stress cyst and I had tubal done and my one tube ended up filling with fluid and needed my tubes removed

I had a tubal ligation & my periods are sometimes a week ahead or behind now. Last time I was 10 days late

Stress, to much exercise lots of things can make it late. I had my tubal ligation years ago I have been late at times. I don’t know your age but peri menopause or going into menopause can throw your cycle off.

1 Like

Stress, changes in diet, changes in exercise. Take a test to make sure, especially because it’d likely be ectopic, but Don panic. It could be many reasons.

1 Like

Stress… age… or it’s just late. My tubes were tied and up until like 4 months ago, mine was regular to the time. And then it didn’t come for like 10 days. And then it started again and I’m on a new schedule

1 Like

Don’t panic, we’ve all been there. Give it another week or two.

I wouldn’t sweat it. If you are experiencing cramping, abdominal pain, fever, or vomiting, contact your OGBYN to have them take a look to see what’s going on. It could just be that your body is like “eh whatever bleed when I want cuz I can” There’s a lot of different things that could make a for a late cycle. Stress, caffeine intake, new meds etc. I had a tubal ligation last year in Oct.

1 Like

Stress, a failed ligation, travel, lots of possibilities

Stress can do a lot. I haven’t had one since July 28th and I’m not pregnant. Just have had a lot going on.

Stress and sickness can cause you to be late too!

1 Like

Alot of things actually. Stress is probably the main thing that makes mine late.

1 Like

Any number of things

Stress, cysts, sometimes even erratic diet changes, drastic changes in exercise habits… there are a lot of things that can cause a late period. Mine sometimes comes 7-14 days late for no reason at all. I would call your ob/gyn and speak with your doctor or their nurse, they may be able to help you figure it out with a few simple questions.

2 Likes

Anything can cause them to be late. I’m fixed to my period has been late or early . Depends on things like stress etc.

It could be a million things diet ( you wouldn’t believe the hormones inducing ingredients that are in our food :flushed:) stress lack of exercise ovary cyst not enough food in general if you start having pretty bad cramping that Doesn’t get better make an apt

I got my tubal in 2019. It can cause your hormones to be irregular because of the decrease in the amount of hormones your body is now releasing. I wasn’t one who adjusted well. I have irregular periods and sometimes 2 times a month now too.

1 Like

Sex?!:person_shrugging:
Jk allot of things. Go to the doctor hunny.

Some times tubules come undone happen to someone I knew . May need to go get checked out for pregnancy.

1 Like

Stress, weight changes, cycle could be changing, Covid, etc. Lots of reasons. Tubals can also fail, so wouldn’t hurt to test. See your OB if you don’t start soon, or if you have more symptoms/changes.

I would still take a pregnancy test. Tubal ligation isn’t 100% and also know people who had ectopic pregnancies post tubal ligation

Covid fucked my period up so :woman_shrugging:t2:

Anything really can cause a late period. Have you had unprotected sex? Are you absolute you aren’t pregnant? It has been known to happen.

Depending how your tubal was done, some tubals have the same probability of failing as an IUD. I’d take a test to rule out pregnancy.

Definitely take a test, just incase, but after you’ve ruled that out, there are a lot of things. Exercising, the way you’re eating, stress, being sick etc.

One can fall pregnant after a tubal liigation. Although rare, it can happen.

1 Like

Stress, change in diet, Pre menopause…my periods ironically started getting less and less and irratic after my tubal in 2018. I’m down to a two day period every 5-7 weeks now. I also have premature ovarian failure as well. I’m 36 now.

I used to go 6 or so months at a time without a period, then I would get periods that lasted 2 months at a time. I found out I have endometriosis, adenomyosis & ovarian cysts. Cysts can be checked by ultrasound. Endometriosis can be suspected by ultrasound but the only definitive way to know if you have it is by surgery. My journey started because of missed periods, pelvic pain and painful intercourse. Maybe speak to a dr?

So many things. If you feel uncertain visit a Dr, take a pregnancy test (for your sake of mind).

l Get paid over $110 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14419 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://MoneyLooper148.pages.dev/

PTLS… post tubal ligation syndrome

1 Like

You can still get pregnant, I’d test to rule that out. If that’s negative are you stressed? Sleeping and eating ok? It could be a lot of things.

Ask your Dr. My first thought is menopause.

1 Like

There are a million reasons why your period can be late. Everything from stress to a tubal pregnancy. If you have concerns, it’s best to contact your GYN.

I will say that after my tubal, my periods were never the same. Where they were light, regular and painless prior to my tubal, they became heavy, irregular and painful after.

1 Like

Take a test but I had my tubes removed as well and my period is all screwed up

Stress usually does it for me but I have irregular cycles anyways.

Could be hormonal or stress related, but you cannnn still get pregnant so I’d test just in case.

Mine have been all over since my tubal almost 6 years ago, see doctor if you’re concerned

I had a tubal 5 years ago. Had never missed a period until this year. I always had it. It was very regular. I went 3 months until I had a period and when I did girl let me tell you I thought I was gonna die. But I took a pregnancy test every month till I finally had my period because I was freaking out and they always said negative of course. Now I’m just like oh well. I’ll have it when I have it. But there can be many reasons you haven’t had it stress. Eating habits. Exercise. Are all things that can throw it off. If you are around new women you could be syncing up with the women around you. 

2 Likes

l Get paid over $110 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14419 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://MoneyLooper167.pages.dev/

It could be a change in hormones for many different reasons. It can also be thrown off if you are living or spending a lot of time with another woman. We tend to sinc up like that sometimes. It can also be stress or depression as well. Thyroid can also sometimes affect it. Also, you can still get pregnant after a tubal ligation. It is rare and most times ends up implanting into your tubes. I would make an appointment with your doctor and get checked out.

It happens. Not a huge deal. That’s life.

Stres, medication, cysts

2 Likes

Many factors could play in this, stress, medication a change in hormones, a cyst that was my issue,best advice is talk to your dr to cover all grounds.

Take a test and if it’s negative… move on with life and eventually she will come

3 Likes

Stress, hormones, lots.

1 Like

Me personally… as long as it’s not because of pregnancy… Aunt flow can stay away.

2 Likes

Any and everything :woman_shrugging:

Mine was irregular for the first year after I had my tubal. If you get a positive-go to a doctor immediately. If it’s negative, wait a few weeks and retake or go see your doctor. Your tubes can grow back-something no one told me I found out via a tik tok (like wtf I called my ob and that is true. Unlikely but can happen!) but stress, hormone changes, syncing up with any other women you’ve spent time with, can all change it.

Many things can cause a late period. Check with your doctor.

You should see a Dr. They are not fool proof and ectopic pregnancy can happen

Need a pregnancy test

There’s tons of things that can cause a late period. Age, stress, weight gain or loss, hormone fluctuations, an infection starting……your best bet is to pee on a stick and make an appointment with your doc

Pcos, stress, pregnancy, covid

1 Like

Pregnancy? Sister had her tubes clipped last year and is about to give birth to her 4th daughter next week

2 Likes

Could be hormones, could be a tubal pregnancy

Take a pregnancy test lol

Stress. There’s a few other things as well. I went through this recently and then bled for over a month super heavy. They though endometriosis and possibly the Paragard iud causing it. Had an ultrasound done and everything. Talk with your doctor. In the meantime take a pregnancy test if you can.

My mom had her tubes cut and burned and she still got pregnant. It was an ectopic pregnancy though.

1 Like

Every year in march i never get a period :woman_shrugging:t3: and its only been since i got my tubes tied. Sometimes i have it at the beginning of the month, sometimes the end etc its constantly changing.