What can cause bleeding after sex in late pregnancy?

PLEASE call your doctor!! He or she will tell u what u need to do. I’m sure he will want u to go get checked! I know I would if it were mean. Better to be safe than sorry love :two_hearts:

U should not be asking for advice on this in Facebook. Call your GP immediately.
It could be fatal

1 Like

At least call.ypur doctor and tell.him.what happened then do what he tells you to

3 Likes

Always always always take your concerns to your obgyn Facebook is the worst place to ask for medical advise.

Better safe than sorry. At least make a phone call to a nurse or doctor

I’m going to say you’re okay! Check you bean for movement and call the on call doctor! :kissing_heart::orange_heart:

Call your ob/gyn. Could be something, could be nothing- but better safe than sorry

I have 3 and my OB suggested it one time I was just bleeding a little.

Either way go get checked. Better safe

That was probably your mucus plug

1 Like

Call your doctor that’s the best thing to do

Could be rapid dilation. That can cause some serious bleeding

Kudos to even wanting sex that late into it lol I didn’t even want people to breath in my direction much less have sex :rofl::rofl:

I’d say call the doctor and make sure! I had my son at 37.5 weeks so you might end up having the baby. It could be nothing or could be something serious and they will want to get the baby out now. No one here will know, your doctor can tell you much more!

1 Like

Go to the hospital, Be safe than sorry

Call your midwife please

You are going into labor get to the hospital. Happened with me.

Sounds like a question for an OB, not fb

1 Like

Her checked to be sure better safe then sorry

That’s a question for your doctor ASAP

1 Like

I would at least call your doc

Call your O.B. Ask the professional. They may want you to come in to the office.

Just give the on call doc a call

If its stopped and no contractions id stay home. But if still scared call dr

Girl get off Facebook and call your OB, what are you doing??

Any bleeding should be checked. Better safe than sorry.

Ummmm…call your midwife or OB. Wtf

Dilating, early labor

That happened to me with my oldest and I ended up being in the beginning stages of labor had her within 24 hrs I would go get checked I had her at 37 weeks and 1 day

I would call the doctors ASAP instead of asking the internet in case there was an emergency. Could be nothing, but why chance it.

Sounds like labor. I’d go in

Yes I gave birth the next day happen with baby number 5 and number 6

Dont ask facebook warriors as they are not licensed doctors…Call your doc!! SMH

Call your doctor or go straight into labor and delivery

Call your Dr or midwife…or even a 24/7 nurse hotline

Id to get checked. Thats what l& d is for

Placenta previa go to the hospital asap

Call your ob or go to your labor and delivery

Your dr will usually tell you not to have intercourse once your short from delivery date

Its normal so calm it

Call them. They will tell you whether to go in or not. Better to be safe than sorry!!!

Call your doctor you can never be too cautious

You might have lost your mucous plug

I Google early tho because I’m only almost 12 amd have had it twice after (I’ve been bleeding on n off from 6wks we don’t know why. We as in doctors. They tell me its normal and can happen. I’ve already had 3 ultrasounds and two doctor apts 2x hospital visits. My last doc apt told me they couldn’t here it on their machine rushed me to ultrasound 179bpm. I go on Wednesday)

this is what my pregnancy app says about it, but i’d prob still get checked just in case if i were you.

Why do people come on here instead of immediately calling their dr or OB. Bleeding is never normal and if it’s that much I sure wouldn’t be sitting around waiting on some strangers advice if its ok or not.

2 Likes

Are you kidding? Call the doctor. You’re 36 weeks pregnant. Better to be sent home than to have a problem with your pregnancy.

1 Like

Its always better to be safe then sorry, call your doctor because honestly it could be anything

My Sister was bleeding that way and it turned out to be a detached placenta. Please go get checked. Don’t take any chances.

The best way to make a baby come out is by having sex… I don’t know if that was your goal, but you may have accomplished it :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

i woke up with light bleeding with my #4 went in and i was bleeding because i was dialating! i was at 4.5 when i went in. i didn’t have any contractions. always go in to check

I had this, its called a post coital bleed. It sent me into early labour twice, the second time they couldn’t stop it. Just go to hospital

No need to go to the hospital as its already slowing down. Probably stretched something open.

Everyone is different, call your doctor

If your ob has a triage nurse on call I would talk to them

Either call.your dr or go get seen

Call your OB don’t rely on fb you will get all kinds of responses

Go to the hospital geez!!! :woman_facepalming: blood can be water breaking TOO and you need to go ASAP.

Go to hosp. Be safe.

When in doubt, go in.

Call the OB don’t ask FB…

I would call asap and ask their opinion

Go get checked better to be safe!!

Don’t ask fb for God’s sake. Call the freakin dr.

Call the ob get checked. Be safe than sorry.

Go to the hospital, not Facebook…!!!

Really go to the fucking Dr smh

Probably fine u want get checked

Labour starting maybe but go get checked

Call your doctor seriously

Nvm asking FB call your doctor FFS

5 Likes

Omg please contact your Dr!

Irritated cervix from sex Maybe

3 Likes

Could be the Mucous plug but nothing wrong with asking a doctor

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What can cause bleeding after sex in late pregnancy? - Mamas Uncut

Always call your doctor to be safe! :slightly_smiling_face: every body & baby & pregnancy is different

9 Likes

Well sex so late into the pregnancy can easily cause you to have baby earlier. :woman_shrugging:t2: but if it’s light spotting I wouldn’t worry, give it a day maybe but call the hospital nurse line to get a second opinion.

1 Like

Definitely go be seen. Could be placenta abruption

1 Like

Dude this happened with my second called the Er they told me to go in just to make sure. In the end I had my son. A couple hours or so.

1 Like

Your cervix is VERY fragile right now and if he’s bumped it, that would cause bleeding. As long as it’s not a whole lot (soaking a pad in an hour) you should be fine. If you’re concerned you can always call and ask to talk to a nurse.!

4 Likes

I spotted after everytime we had sex during my last pregnancy. Dr warned me about it at my first appt.

Yikes. I would go to the OBGYN.

2 Likes

Happened to me in my first pregnancy an turned out I was having my baby. I was 2cm diolated tho for two weeks after an that sucked. Lol I wasn’t suppose to have her till June 21st an here she came april 25th. Smh lol

Sometimes when the uterus stretches it can break a blood vessel and bleed.

I bled after sex the whole time during all 4 of my pregnancies 🤷

I think you should go

I would go to the hospital

1 Like

You should call your doctor now.

I had the same thing happen at 36 weeks, went to hospital it was from cervix softening. Baby came 3 weeks later. Call obgyn just to be sure

2 Likes

I had this when I was pregnant which my first at 35 weeks and I was in labor.

2 Likes

Baby is telling u no more sex lol

7 Likes

I delivered at 37 weeks I would go get seen

Go to the er just to be safe

Go to L&D to be safe

Late in pregnancy your cervix can soften and can cause bleeding after intercourse. I would still call the doctor to be sure.

4 Likes

I’ve had seven kids. Bleeding late in pregnancy after intercourse in normal. If it’s not enough to soak a pad you are okay. Do two hrs of fetal movement counts. As long as that’s happening all should be well

5 Likes

Was it your mucus plug

Call the doctors office/ hospital. Better to be safe than sorry

I dont think its normal, please call

He probably hit your cervix

Had premature labor those way at 28 weeks please get seen. Better safe than sorry :heart::crossed_fingers: