What can happen if you do not wait to be intimate after birth?

Hi. Please post anonymously. So my best friend called me asking for advice. She did something INCREDIBLY stupid, in my opinion… she had a baby last week via scheduled c section… she had sex with her spouse one week and two days later. She said it didn’t hurt, and they were super easy. Her concern is an infection… is it likely? What signs should she look out for? Smh. I’ve always waited the full six weeks, so I didn’t have any advice for her and told her I would post here. I’m also aware what she did was stupid, but the deed is done, so there isn’t much I can do besides ask here.

92 Likes

There’s a dinner plates sized open wound in there that needs to heal. The obvious risk is infection which is awful enough but in rare (very rare but not nil) cases it can case a deadly air embolism.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What can happen if you do not wait to be intimate after birth? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

I had sex 2 weeks after my son was born and should of used a condom to help not have infection, the things to look out for would prob be burning down there or colored discharge

If she is so damn worried. Then she shouldnt be having sex

C section 18 days lmfao

She literally has an open wound in her uterus the size of a plate.

27 Likes

Well she will have a placenta sized wound in her uterus that is very prone to infection which is why its so important to wait 6 weeks

17 Likes

She risks another pregnancy as well

17 Likes

She risks pregnancy and an infection. Watch for the typical signs of infection. Pain, swelling, redness, fever, dizzy, etc.

7 Likes

Can we not mom shame and provide help, reassurance, information and guidance at the same time?

38 Likes

My sons are three month apart lol but seriously the biggest risk is infection at least use a condom you have a big tear in their that’s open be careful

2 Likes

Watch for normal signs…fever, fatigue, unusual bleeding/clots, unusual smells, pain

3 Likes

I’d say her partner is super selfish. If she goes along with it, she’s at risk for her stitches opening and a MAJOR infection oh and PREGNANCY. :roll_eyes:

20 Likes

Five bucks says she has a baby in 9 months.

28 Likes

Infection. And possibly pregnant again. Please tell your friend to wait. And of they need sex to maybe get some adult toys or oral sex on him for now

I’m not gonna be the one to be like I did it and nothing happened lol but I did I was 8 days post c section and everything was okay💗

3 Likes

It’s crazy people ask these questions and then get mad over the answers… your doctor tells you to wait FOR A REASON… not because he/she wants to punish you from not having sex SMH.

She needs to be seen by a doctor as soon as possible. I hope this will be a wake up call for her and she decides to be more responsible. She can feel perfectly fine, but she just had major surgery and has a very large internal wound. Had she gotten pregnant, she’d be endangering her life as well as the baby’s.

13 Likes

Irish Twins. My cousin found out at her 6 week appointment. She has 2 boys 10 months apart.

Risk of infection is the most worrisome part for me. Be mindful of your body and pay attention to how you feel.

Also, I do not know the husband but I feel like he’s selfish and needs to put her needs and health before his own. Also, very fertile so there’s that.

6 Likes

I was cleared at my 2 week check up :woman_shrugging:t2:but I also had birth control put in the day my son was born. They told me no babies for 18 months.

2 Likes

I couldn’t imagine wanting sex that soon after a c section plus I was still bleeding :eyes:

Honestly I couldn’t wait either… I had been totally uninterested in s3x at all my last trimester and after my c-section found I was damn ready to go… I was a good noodle for about 2 weeks :woman_shrugging:t2: I was fine no infection just made sure to shower and such after

Do you guys have 2 pages where you post?

2 Likes

She has a very large, open, internal wound that needs to heal (hence 6 weeks). Not only is she at risk for an infection, but nasty infections can cause sepsis. They can also cause infertility.

Not to mention you’re extremely fertile after birth. Getting pregnant too soon can cause infection, infertility, birth defects, miscarriage, still birth, etc. It happens so often hence why doctors push for birth control during your post birth check up.

Women don’t take this seriously. Neither do men. It’s serious. It’s deadly.

And for those of you who are like “I did and I was fine” stop it. You’re an idiot. Don’t give idiotic advice.

21 Likes

I had sex around a week after my kids. But I had vaginal deliveries. And we were EXTREMELY gentle. And condoms. Just watch for signs of infection :woman_shrugging:t2:

Considering she has no internal stitches due to having a c section, risk of infection wouldn’t be a concern.

4 Likes

They are both pigs….

15 Likes

Chances of infection high also chances shes pregnant even higher depending on contraception she needs to call obgyn this week.

2 Likes

i honestly never waited till the full 6 weeks :woman_shrugging:t4: never had an infection or anything happen but i also know this isn’t the smartest choice lol. we also made sure we used protection due to fearing getting pregnant but this will be the first time we won’t be because i want my tubes removed so i won’t wanna risk ANYTHING after this baby comes to ensure i’m all good. but i do know there is an open wound so it’s definitely risky doing it so soon. i’d say she should just keep an eye on everything and honestly maybe mention to her doctor she did cave and do it so they can be more detailed on what to look for and keep an eye on. as well as make it pretty clear she shouldn’t do it again. i can’t say i personally ever did it that soon, mine were all vaginal births so it wasn’t gonna happen that soon lol. i did it like 4 weeks after rather than 6 so that could also be why i got lucky. hope she’s okay :heart:

Some of the women on this post are disgusting.

6 Likes

My dr had said to wait 2 weeks and we did it before then she just asked if it hurt or if I felt like I was having any issues. Honestly you know your body better than anyone else would and can make decisions based on how you feel. I do stress however to be careful and just not do it so often as her body is still healing.

I would tell her to call her ob/gyn and ask what she needs to watch for. She might have felt fine but the risk of infection is high and damaging internal organs, which could cause long term issues. She just had major surgery. No need to shame her. She also risking the chance of another pregnancy, which also has its own risk to her and baby.

I didn’t have c sections but I didn’t wait either 2 weeks after my first, 1 after my second and 1 after my third

I didnt have any issues

Seems her partner is selfish.

17 Likes

I waited the exact same time frame after a c section and was fine.
I trusted my body and had a speedy and easy recovery.
So, I’d suggest to trust your body.

4 Likes

I had a csection and my dr cleared me for sex at my 2 week checkup. I personally waited longer but other than high risk of getting pregnant I don’t think there’s much of a concern here.

Wasn’t nothing stupid about what she did or selfish on her spouse! Instead of asking her friend and it being posted on FB, she should have called her doctor IF something felt wrong. She was obviously good . . . and satisfied.:woman_shrugging:t4:

10 Likes

Yes. Even though she didn’t have the baby vaginally her uterus has a big open wound on it. They tell people to wait for 6 weeks for a reason. Where the placenta tore away from the uterus needs time to heal. It’s kind of like a big open wound on your skin. You want to protect it till it’s healed.

12 Likes

I guess she is good with having another baby in 9 months

5 Likes

Infection. There is a reason they tell you to wait.

3 Likes

She should see the obgyn and ask

1 Like

Watch for pregnancy again too! You are extremely fertile after childbirth!

7 Likes

I had 3 c-sections and never waited longer than a week

5 Likes

You can end up having two babies in one year, ask me how I know… :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

Her biggest concern would be pregnancy as she certainly isn’t on birth control yet.

1 Like

C section or not she still has wound in her uterus from the placenta which is the size of an average plate. This in itself is a huge risk for infection and not to mention she risks her stitches being opened up and causing more infection. Watch for fever, swelling, pain, and all other normal signs of infections. Not only is she at risk of infection but she is also at a larger risk of getting pregnant again and I do hope she wanted to do it that early and wasn’t feeling that if she didn’t there would be issues or something of that sort because I feel that the father should have told her to wait as well.

12 Likes

If it was a c section no need to worry about a vaginal infection. Just a chance of pregnancy!

1 Like

It’s less about the c-section and more about the dinner plate sized wound in her uterus that is left behind after the placenta detaches.

Y’all act like this is no big deal and you’re right, many people have sex before the 6 week mark and they’re just fine. But the risk of infection is still there. Any infection in your uterus risks future fertility by potentially requiring a hysterectomy to save your life. You REALLY can’t wait 6 weeks? Or at least until your OB says it’s ok? Doctors don’t tell you to abstain from sex because they’re prudes who don’t like sex. They do it to protect not just their patients over all health but their reproductive health as well.

And yes, the deed has been done. However, instead of seeking the advice of strangers on the internet, many of whom have made the same choice against the advice of their doctors, you should tell your friend to talk to her OBGYN. They’ll know what to look for in regards to signs of infection.

There is a giant wound where the placenta was. And THAT needs to heal or you run a huge risk of an infection.
I only waited 4 weeks? And until I stopped bleeding. Everybody is different.
But a week? Lord she is mighty brave and in the mood.

3 Likes

I had 4 c sections and didn’t wait. Everything was fine

2 Likes

I had 2 c sections and never waited more than a week and zero problems

1 Like

Besides pregnancy… it can cause an infection or other things.

2 Likes

Infection and getting pregnant again. You are extremely fertile till about 6 months after childbirth. Risk of infection because you have an open wound the size of a dinner plate in your uterus where the placenta was.

3 Likes

For a csection she needed to wait 8weeks, I had 3 of them. And although she didnt have pain they stitched her from the inside so her best bet is to get checked by her OB/GYN

4 Likes

I gave birth naturally and I called my doctor 9 days later and asked if I could have sex. They said as long as it was okay with me, I wasn’t in pain and I felt that I was ready, I could. And I did. Every doctor and every person is different. You just have to take it slow and easy.

With my C-sections I never waited until six weeks!

Massive infection resulting in septic shock and death. Tell her to tell her OB/GYN, asap. 🤦

5 Likes

I had an infection at 2w pp my obgyn said i was okay to. :upside_down_face: i got a new obgyn.
She can also risk pregnancy. And pregnancy so soon after a csection can have risks all on its own.

3 Likes

My opinion is she should call and schedule an appointment with her OB. After my daughter was born I didn’t wait the full 6 weeks but I also didn’t get intimate the week after. I waited 4 weeks and after I called my ob who checked me out and told me I was fine. I also didn’t get pregnant directly after so my biggest piece of advice is for her to consult her OB because her OB is a medical professional.

3 Likes

We had sex the day after I came home. Doc had told us as long as we felt comfortable and there wasn’t pain, we didn’t need to wait

12 days pp, 10 days pp, n 12 days pp with my last 3. Never had a problem 🤷

1 Like

How do people not wait? Do use have sex while bleeding? I’m not being rude I’m just being curious lol I remember bleeding for 7 weeks straight

For all the moms saying they didn’t wait more than a week, how could you even want to have sex after having a baby :rofl::rofl: no judgment at all, I did not want any part of that at all after a person came out of my body :rofl: I give you guys props!

Biggest risk is probably infection and tearing the stitches or glueing, whatever her doctor did to close her up. Next risk is pregnancy… even if she’s breastfeeding.

2 Likes

When I had my C-Section I could barely even get out of bed without wanting to scream from my incision… This must of not been the first C-Section or she was just taking the pain pills around the clock (something I did not do)… Unless she got glued instead of stitched because my friend said your not in as much pain with the glue… She might want to get checked out being that you have to heal from the inside out. During surgery I started to panic because I started feeling as if my belly button was being twisted and pulled out… Pulling & tugging started to turn into pain… So I told the anestiologist and he injected a full syringe of something into my IV and not even 15 seconds later I started to feel the need to vomit. So I told them and tilted my head because I couldn’t get up and I started gagging. They were already stitching me up when this was happening & in the process they had to restitch some because of the force I was making to vomit the stitches were popping through the inside. So hopefully your friend doesn’t end up with an infection through the inside later on :pray:

7 Likes

I think because of hormone levels you’re extremely fertile after giving birth so possibly pregnancy is something that could happen. Also I’m not entirely sure as I gave birth vaginally they said to wait the 6 weeks because of infection. However I don’t know if the same risk applies to c-section. I mean she’ll probably be ok. I would just tell her not to go crazy and to be more cautious for the rest of the 6 weeks. However it is her business and she’s gonna do what she wants to do regardless. If something relatively minor does happen as a result of it (I can’t stress enough MINOR)I’d be like I told ya so. Because that’s just how I am.

I’d tell her to contact her doctor and let them know. No one here can tell if she will get an infection or anything. Just because others have done it and not had anything bad happen doesn’t mean she will be the same.

You may have dehiscence to your abdomen. Which will cause you to have surgery and lots of antibiotics lots of discomfort. I can’t believe your SO put you in that place.

5 Likes

I only waited 2 weeks after my c section… i also had the implement re inserted couple days after so I was protected. everything was fine

Given I’ve never had a csection but my doctor told me as long as I was done bleeding and it wasn’t painful it was fine. But again that wasn’t a c section

Why go any pay a professional OBGYN in this case if you are not going to follow orders? Not following your Drs advice is the biggest cause of postpartum problems. Your Dr has his/her patients best interest in the entire situation. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I’ve had a cesarean… no way in hell you’d wanna have sex that soon after, unless you enjoy pain…

I waited 3 weeks, after a natural, no issues for me. Id say getting pregnant would be the major risk after serious surgery, the body needs time to heal, infection can happen, especially if no protection was used, look for fever, pain, itching, discharge, and tell her to go in at any very beginning signs.

1 Like

Ummm…I wasn’t even interested in sex after giving birth.

Why would you ask a question for someone else? She confided in you out of trust. I really don’t think it’s any of your business but btw her and her dr.

2 Likes

Irish Twins like I got​:woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

Post csection complications can include very dangerous infections , reopening of sutures in uterus, muscle, fat , skin . She really needs to call her dr tell them and get checked out asap.

6 Likes

She could get and infection she could not. She could end up pregnant she may not

3 Likes

Remind her she is extra fertile. That was enough for me.

2 Likes

Could get pregnant like I did. Had 2 kids back to back.

1 Like

I’ve had 3 and never waited the full 6 weeks. It’s fine, if she starts feeling off at all then obviously go get checked out, it’s rare but it still happens.

1 Like

if cervix was closed theres really no chance. but idk how that even happened cause i could barly move a week after both of mine :grimacing::flushed:

3 Likes

I had an abusive ex husband who forced himself on me 5 days after a C-section, I got pregnant again. They had even tied my tubes during this but I still became pregnant

15 Likes

Need to be careful so stitches don’t come out especially the ones they use to sew your uterus back together

1 Like

Fever flu like symptoms

1 Like

She more likely be pregnant again than have an infection :rofl: I have 4 kids. My eldest is 11 from a previous relationship and my 3 babies are aged 4, 3 and 2 years old.

4 - 2/12/2016
3 - 22/12/2017
2 - 21/05/2019

My youngest was a planned csection and my fiance and I waited 3months… it’s was sore… I’m surprised your friend said it wasn’t sore :o especially after a week :exploding_head::sweat_smile:

My advice is to check with her midwife/GP for professional advice, rather than FB :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Her body, her choice

3 Likes

Hahah I waited 3 days after my Csection.:woman_shrugging:t3: I was fine. There are risks of infection etc, but :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

She could get an infection, the wound from where the placenta detached is the size of an 8 inch dinner plate. She could reopen her sutures too. Postpartum hemorrhaging can occur, it is rare, (more common in cesarean births) but still possible up to 12 weeks after delivery. Not to mention the possibility of another pregnancy so soon after birth. She should Definitely consult her OB just to make sure everything is okay.

6 Likes

I might be stupid but a week exactly later after I had my son I was back in the game! 🤦

Tell her to ask her DR.

1 Like

Gross. And yeah she needs to wait. I had a c section and sex was a no go for weeks from pain and the fact you are healing.

I am shocked by the amount of women saying “it’s fine!” Or “I did it a week later”…. Sex was literally the last thing on my mind after having a baby. You ladies must be part energizer bunny :joy::joy::joy:

My daughter did the same and got pregnant

She could get an STD- children.

4 Likes

There isnt an open wound the size of a dinner plate. That’s a myth. Yes, the placenta is the size of a dinner plate however it is only that size IMMEDIATELY following birth. It begins shrinking immediately (hence postpartum cramps).

ACOG states risk of infection at 2w PP is low.

You also aren’t more fertile post birth either. Another myth.

How so many dont know basic biology or anatomy is fucking astounding.

Just stupid :woman_facepalming:t3: infection is the number one risk. Scar tearing open for her is a risk. You’re extremely fertile after birth so another baby is a risk as well. They tell you to wait 6 weeks for a reason

3 Likes