What can happen if you do not wait to be intimate after birth?

Chance of pregnancy is more likely. Not so much infection. Also, the main concern is hemorrhaging due to the placenta being removed- which is the reason you’re supposed to take it easy and the reason for the bleeding. It leaves a small hole that needs to heal up before being active or overdoing anything.

4 Likes

I had sex two weeks after having my first and a week after having my second. You know your body.

Unless u want to get pregnant or rip something

Had my twins 2018, went to get my birth control in at 6 weeks post. Doctor said don’t have sex for a couple days after, he said one girl was already 6 weeks pregnant :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

um infection or another baby…DUH

2 Likes

Infection of a baby… they want you to wait because you’re super fertile

1 Like

Having a c-section takes away the issues of a natural birth that is why it didn’t hurt. On the other hand she could be giving birth again in another 9 months and you can only have just so many c-sections. She is lucky they didn’t rip up the c-section surgery…adhesions really cause problems…

1 Like

3 days after my csection I had sex. Had sex every day after for two weeks straight. Wanted it more than I ever have in my life and I am a VERY active person in this regard. I was HONEST with my doc as should she be and they monitored accordingly despite being disapproving

Pregnant…that’s a big issue

1 Like

Oh god just thinking about having sex 1-week after a csection hurts my incision area :joy: that was dumb. They also forewarn about getting pregnant within 1-year of a csection bcuz u are not fully healed and can tear the incision if pregnant again.

She needs to call her doctor they may put her on it antibiotic as a preventative measure as it can cause a life-threatening infection

1 Like

I never waited, and never had any issues. My doctor actually didn’t recommend six weeks for me. If she’s worried, she should call her OB. Everyone is different.

1 Like

Pain, swelling, fever, redness
I was cleared after 4 weeks. But waited until my son was 5 months old.

3 Likes

I’ve heard if you don’t if you don’t watch out doing that it can cause injury to the inside of you cuz it’s not well some people end up pregnant again some people can handle it but some people can’t

1 Like

I just had my 6th baby last Friday via c section. With my other 5 I didn’t wait more than 2 weeks. I had no issues with the other 5 but they were vaginal births. I tried to get my husband to do something last night but he says not yet. No risk of pregnancy for us as I had my tubes removed.

1 Like

She should be speaking to a medical professional NOT a group of people on Facebook with varying opinions and experiences!!

11 Likes

My friend waited only two weeks and got pregnant again.

3 Likes

Yes it’s likely…infection, pregnancy, internal damage. And just …no. :woman_facepalming:t3:. Dont any of you got boxes wonder why they instruct that to begin with? Jesus.
Other means of playtime available, ladies. The kitty can wait.

8 Likes

One time I had sex 2 days after my c section I ended up with a blood clot and had to get recut

I honestly never understood why people can’t just wait until they’re cleared by a doctor.
Like, is sex really that important right after you have a baby that you just have to do it??

Watch for discharge change, fever, feeling bad, and the usual burning or itching. My cousin almost died from that. Her ex went out and had a whore at a bar the night her child was born then talked her into sex two weeks after the birth and she came down with an STD from him. It was so hard to get rid of she was in the hospital over it.

I think you need to come back in about a month or 6 weeks to let us all no if she’s pregnant again or not

20 Likes

No advice but I just wanted to say whyyyyy… it took me a few months before I even thought about it

10 Likes

I was young after my first one and did it a week after no infection or anything

3 Likes

This is something that she should go to her doctor about. Not social media or anyone outside a doctors office for. :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Good Lord I’d be scared of ripping stitches…I mean there is a few layers of skin, muscle uterus, that was cut in half and sewn together…amd the bleeding a few weeks after it would get messy…but and that raw open tissue in the uterus is more susceptible to infection on top of getting pregnant again…i think she should talk to her dr just to be on the safe side

3 Likes

Do you not bleed for like 4/5/6 weeks after a c section? Just asking I havent had one so I’m genuinely curious.

Well there’s a giant open wound in one’s uterus after delivery from the placenta, so yes, an infection is possible.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t take a chance at all!! Because it can cause issues.
My biggest thing about it is, how the hell do you muster the desire or energy…cuzzzz baaaabyyyy, fuck that :rofl: I was entirely too tired and didn’t even want to look at a dick​:woman_shrugging:t2::rofl:

She has a huge whole in the uterus that could very easily get infected, and risks becoming pregnant as well. Put the 3 together and it’s a recipe for disaster.

I’m probably gonna be judged for this but whatever lol. With my last kid, I only waited 2 days after a vaginal birth. Yes I know, not the smartest thing, but anywho lol.

Your cervix isn’t closed yet. That’s why they tell you too wait because any bacteria that gets in there will get closed in the cervix while it heals and causes uterine infection. Very scary. Happened to someone I know.

I did it 3 weeks after as soon as I stopped bleeding.

1 Like

she should not i did after i had my son and i hemoraged 2 weeks after i had a vaginal birth soo tell her not too some1 from experiance

Why??? All I wanted was rest, sleep and comfort after my caesars. There is a good reason why you’re told to wait 6 weeks.

8 Likes

She is not likely to get pregnant as she won’t ovulate for a while but waiting for everything to heal makes sense!

1 Like

2 weeks my man was on me like white on rice. He waited for me to stop bleeding after mine. Lol.

Watch out for the stench

I had 3 c-sections never waited six weeks more like a week. No infections, no complications, no issues but you can get pregnant again so there is that. If her and her spouse want to be intimate then by all means go at it :joy:

1 Like

She prolly be pregnant at her 6 wk follow up

5 Likes

Ummmm another pregnancy

2 Likes

I did the next day and didn’t get one lol

3 Likes

It’s not just about infection it’s also about being very fertile

4 Likes

A C-Section is a HUGE operation. She has a massive wound and a lot of stitches. She could have opened up the wound and started bleeding internally… something you may not notice right away… 2 days… I can’t even imagine

7 Likes

I think the simple solution would be seek a medical professionals advice. I mean come on

4 Likes

I had a c- section and did it 6 days later mind you it was not our regular it was more of a slow/ no action movie😅 I guess it depends on healing every one is different. Use your common sense and judgment you know your body

After my c section the pain is awful, you can barely walk . You’re bleeding too. Wonder what miracle drug for pain she was on :joy:

8 Likes

I just personally will never understand the rush to have sex again right after having a baby!

Infection u would be running any kind of fever. If running fever would go to Dr. I’m a nurse

How I had a C-section to sore to move

2 Likes

A week? You mean a week? Yuck, with all that bleeding? Yooh!

6 Likes

You can get a uterine infection from bacteria on the sperm or penis. Your cervix is dilated to a certain extent even with a c section, which allows bacteria into the uterus, and it can be dangerous. Tell her to keep an eye our for pain in the lower abdomen or pelvis, fever (usually within 1 to 3 days after delivery), paleness, chills, a general feeling of illness or discomfort, and often headache and loss of appetite. The heart rate is often rapid too

I guess she knows how stupid she was that she won’t even call her OB and ask!!! SMDH :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Probably won’t get an infection since she didn’t deliver vaginally. Not everyone waits, it’s a recommendation anyways, so calm down calling people stupid.

9 Likes

did he wear protection?

1 Like

I had a c section, thats me just waited the full 8 weeks, fuck havin sex a few days after a could barely sit up :joy::joy:

I had a c-section and was feeling ready to do the deed a week later! No problems!

1 Like

Pregnancy should be her worst fear. Lol. She will be ok

13 Likes

Her body will tell her if anything is wrong. If she wasn’t in pain during she will be ok.

I waited 2 weeks to go back to work after a c section. And there was a little bleeding at the stitches at the end of the day…I wasn’t planning on a child after nothing for 18yrs w the hubby so I didn’t let him touch me for almost a year…poor guy…lol…I was 38, tired with a newborn and working full time plus overtime…I dont know how y’all let your men near you so soon :laughing:

4 Likes

Woah. Um. Keep an eye out for signs of cramping or changes in blood flow, infection is a real risk. Pregnancy is also highly possible.

4 Likes

Her body, her comfort or her discomfort, but hopefully protection or maybe another baby :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

You have a large dinner plate size would inside your stomach after natural birth and on top on that you have been cut through multiple layers with cesarean its infection they worry most about tbh

1 Like

I had a c section last year. I was told absolutely nothing on the inside (intercourse, tampon, etc) for 6 weeks. However, I was fine with some play on the outside after a week. Keep in mind that your uterus contracts and there’s stitches holding it together :fearful: I would get checked out if anything felt weird.

1 Like

I was fine after my c-section, I wasn’t in much pain at all. Best thing to do is use protection if you don’t want to wait 6 weeks.

1 Like

Air embolism would be my worst fear although rare you never know who it would happen too so I wouldn’t risk it.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What can happen if you do not wait to be intimate after birth? - Mamas Uncut

Back in the saddle again. Good on her

2 Likes

She should really go and get checked out. You have a dinner plate size wound inside you after you have a baby :disappointed:

Um. She’s going to be fine

1 Like

Infection is super possible and so is the likely hood of her becoming pregnant again. Her body - her choice though.

8 Likes

Just get ready for another baby :ballot_box_with_check:

Infection because the cervix is open… Also she’s going to be very fertile coming up and if she gets pregnant this early after the chances are high it will attach is a bad place because your organs aren’t back to the right place.

I have had 4 csections and yeah the wound even on the top of the skin is barley closed by then. She should talk to her doctor because yes there is a Big risk of infection. Also you are very fertile after giving birth and it is easy to get pregnant even if u are breastfeeding witch is dangerous to have the uterus expand again with such newly healed tissue it ups the possibility of uterus ripping as baby grows

3 Likes

In my experience my Drs warned me ro wait. Especially because your risk of pregnancy again is higher.

I was always super horny the first few weeks after birth…mine were all vaginal tho but I didn’t always wait to have sex and I was ok. I know there are risks but that’s anything in life. If she’s worried, she should just call the ob and tell her. She isn’t the first person to do it and she won’t be the last. There is NO SHAME!!

7 Likes

I waited 11 days after my first, 8 days after my second, and 5 days after my third. Nothing bad ever happened. Some may call it stupid, but it’s my body my risk.

1 Like

Well there is an open wound the size of a plate inside her uterus. So I would strongly advise her to not do it at all again until she is cleared

7 Likes

She could end up being pregnant like I did

Everyone different but with my oldest I was single when he was born so I waited. My middle child was born 3 days later I was sexually active with his father with my youngest I waited a week and was sexually active. I was fine no infections or anything but like I said everyone different

1 Like

Hi I didn’t wait either. My boys are ten months apart. Granted I was 3 weeks after my c section but got pregnant because your super fertile after giving birth.

1 Like

Chances are good she’ll get pregnant really quick (main reason for not having sex for 6 weeks after any type of delivery). As for possible infections, that always is potentially an issue.

1 Like

Oh for the love of God i had vaginal births, had intercourse 9 days later and no prob. Its NOT stupid and you are just jealous!

13 Likes

Hopefully she’s using protection if she doesn’t want to get pregnant this early.

1 Like

Love please tell your friend she should deffs go to the doctor, also just go for ultrasound just to be safe. She deeds is done. Now she has to take the safe approach from here ( I suffered complications due to having sex at 4 weeks ). I’m thinking of you guys. Hope everything goes okay. Im sure it will :pray::heart:.

4 Likes

It kinda confuses me how anyone is up for it after a csection. Ive had 3 soon 4 and I mean it’s uncomfortable…ur bleeding bloated ur boobs feel uncomfortable :joy: swollen ur body is going back to normal slowly.

It’s also not worth infection or getting pregnant again :joy::joy:

8 Likes

Call the doctor and I’m sure it was painful.

I went for my 6 week check up after giving birth I was 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant…my dr. was furious…I ended up miscarrying at 5 months…had 2 more miscarriages the following year. After 4 yrs I ended up pregnant it was a rough pregnancy I was in and out of hospital. my baby was born fine…was leaving the hospital ended up getting admitted again for severe colitis…my baby was discharged to my mother…I was in the hospital for 3 weeks no contact with my baby incase I was contagious. I weighed 165lb.when pregnancy began…the day I gave birth I weighed 145…when I was released from the hospital I weighed 114lbs…NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE

Another Pregnancy - My mom and uncle are the same age for a month cause my grandma did not wait (mind you my grandma was only 16 when she got pregnant with my uncle…)
Or infection- which is not worth it

She needs to ask her OB. Doubtful anyone is qualified to answer this question unless they post their credentials along with their comment.

Definitely big risk for infection… I did the same thing right after my c section… she just needs to be cautious and make sure if she starts noticing any issues to go get checked out asap

1 Like

We’ve only ever waited 2 weeks (same with all my friends I’ve talked to about it after a c-section) and nothing bad has ever happened… I was terrified after the vaginal birth (1st baby) and we waited like 3 months but the c-sections my Drs didn’t even care… :woman_shrugging:t2: I’d say she’ll be fine but there’s always one in so many that could have problems, she should get checked out by her OB instead of taking internet suggestions. The pregnancy risk is real though, and that would suck this soon, pregnancies really close together are rough on your body, I’ve basically been pregnant the last 3 years, do not recommend doing that :rofl: (I’m getting something taken out this time, tubes, uterus, whatever, just make it stop!)

i always had sex after birth once done bleeding. i had one infection after my 3rd before i even had sex. the inside of my c section was infected. i had fever, chills, warm at the incision site.

Why are you her mouthpiece?

1 Like

Prolapsed bladder. It won’t go back up. Don’t do it!!!

5 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What can happen if you do not wait to be intimate after birth? - Mamas Uncut

You can get an infection and also your very fertile x

I had two c sections and truly was ready for sex a week later. We were careful and it was not uncomfortable but my doc yelled at me :joy:

It’s her choice not yours, you shouldn’t judge i can guarantee you ain’t perfect either. It’s down to each individual on when to have sex after birth, 6 weeks is just a recommendation

11 Likes

Infection being her biggest risk factor. She may also get pregnant yes but due to the healing of the womb it may not be a viable pregnancy x