What can I do about my childs grandparents posting them on social media?

What can I do about grandparents using my kids as their profile pictures and cover photos? They’re completely uninvolved in the children’s lives; they do drugs, I’m even looking into a restraining order. I don’t appreciate them plastering my kids on their social media when they have nothing to do with my kids. They’re horrible people… I don’t want my children associated with people like this.

230 Likes

Sounds like it’s time to cut them off and block them from social media.

Use this website! You have permission as a parent to share photos, they do NOT. Been there!

All you can do is block them. I have the same issue with my ex’s mom stealing mine. She has me blocked, so she either has a another page or has someone doing her dirty work. They are very uninvolved and toxic. I’ve changed all my privacy after catching it. You can try to report the photos on Facebook and see if that removes them.

Where are they getting the pics from? Report photo as not theirs. Unfriend them or at least restrict them from setting what you post so they can’t see your photos.

Report the photos. I’d personally report and ask friends/family to report the photos as well. They have no right to post those.

I’m certain you can report them on Facebook. I’m not sure what under. But I know someone who lost custody of her kids and the other parent doesn’t want them to post, but they still do here and there. EVERYTIME someone reports them, the pics get deleted and the go to Facebook jail for a while. I’m assuming if it keeps happening eventually their account will be banned.

Sounds like they need help if their addicts. Most addicts don’t want to be addicts. I lost my son to addiction at 27. I’m glad he still knew his family loved him and wanted him to get well we also know he loved us very much.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What can I do about my childs grandparents posting them on social media? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

Report it to Facebook and tell them they are stealing photos without permission !! Or In Lenita Diehl Gentry words- Just block a hoe!

26 Likes

Unfortunately there’s not much you can do. My mama does this and I stopped sending her pictures or allowing her to take pics of the kids bc of it.

1 Like

If you’re fb friends unfriend them and block them. Do what you can to prevent them from getting your pics. When/if they do report to fb immediately. Each and every time

5 Likes

How are they getting the kids pictures? Only thing you can do is report it to FB. Other than that… :woman_shrugging:t2:

Get over it. Nothing you can do about Facebook.

9 Likes

Report the photo to fb

2 Likes

Stop giving them access to photos

1 Like

Maybe make your FB more private. That way they can’t have access to your children’s photos

1 Like

Report it. That’s stealing photos and not allowed.

3 Likes

If they have addictions maybe that’s why they aren’t involved. Plus why would you want them to while they are dealing with this. It doesn’t mean they love their Grandchildren any less. Why can’t they be proud of them. Maybe it’ll motivate them to get clean so one day they can be involved. Get over yourself.

13 Likes

The father of my first 2 is extremely mental and obsessive. He went on my fb and stole pictures of my baby that is no way in heck his and put it as his cover photo and lied to everyone saying he was. Multiple people reported it and so did myself. Fb does nothing about that. I would make your whole fb private and keep profile/cover photo kid free or with you in them.

1 Like

The grandparents should have your permission first Jimbo

Don’t have any pictures of your child on social media.

2 Likes

Stop posting pictures of them and block them and anyone that associate with them I had to do the same thing a while back

1 Like

Block anyone that associates that could give them access or send them the photo. I have very very little family on my FB but not for these reasons.

Horrible people because they are in addiction? Not all people battling with that are bad people… They probably love the grandkids is why they post them good for the thought. What harm are the causing by doing that, I do however respect your opinion you are the kids mother. Praying sweetie

9 Likes

Unless your pics that you put on FB are set to private then anyone can copy and use them and there’s nothing you can do about it because you posted them on a public forum.

3 Likes

Block them so they can’t get your photos and make your Facebook page private

Report it. My mom does this and i told her she does not have my permission to even have pics of my kids. I actually had to call the police when my first was born because my fiances Baby mom posted pics of our son next to their daughter and called him everything in the book. I had her blocked at the time so she went out of her way to get the pic of our son. They went to her house and made her delete it from fb and her phone. I flat out told the cop i was gonna go burn her house down and they talked me out of it. I live in small town missouri so they kind of knew both of us. I wish you luck.

5 Likes

Nothing will come of it a restraining order will not prevent them from posting pics where are they getting them

1 Like

Report it to Facebook.

4 Likes

You don’t post anything shoot I don’t of my son so his father don’t still my pictures

2 Likes

How are they getting the photos? Don’t send them pics, block them on all social media so they can’t find pics of your kids.

11 Likes

Poster never said the addiction is what makes them bad… however they could choose to get help and get clean if they wanted to be in their grandchildren’s lives, however they are obviously content in their current situation… I’d be damned if someone will front on social media about loving my kids or being part of their lives to make themselves look and feel better!!! I’m a bit calloused towards addicts, no excuse for it in today’s society with all the free help and information literally every where you turn. Call someone besides your dealer and get help if you want to be in your families life. Period! Only YOU, the addict, can make the changes necessary to win the battle. First you have to choose to be done, then you have to choose to seek help, then you must choose daily to change your people, places and things that were part of your addiction life… it really is that darn simple!!! :roll_eyes::woman_shrugging:

Why are you on their social media? Lol you can’t stop people from posting what they wanna post! :joy::joy::joy::joy: Childish

12 Likes

Block them so they can’t see the photos. My mother lost her rights to my children considering she’s married to a pedophile to this day. Doesn’t stop her from lying to everyone about it. My children will be safe altho I have yet to figure out who even informed her of my pregnancies and had her show up. I have all my kids stuff blocked from their hands and sights.

5 Likes

The only thing you can really do is change your settings to where they won’t have access to photos of your kids. Lock all of your accounts down as private as possible.

7 Likes

The judgement from you though. People aren’t horrible because they do drugs or have any kind of addiction. If that’s how you act then I’d love for someone to talk about things you’ve done that weren’t perfect. Doesn’t sound nice does it? So why act out like you’re better than them? You’re not. That’s their profiles, don’t like it? Block them. Don’t want to do that and continue to watch their page? Don’t post pictures of your kids on your page. Don’t have anyone they know on your page. Before you judge a person because of an addiction, think about this, they’re human just like you. That’s someone’s friend, son, daughter, nephew, neice, etc. That person has a heart just like you. That doesn’t mean you have to like them but to look down on them because of addiction speaks volumes about who you are and that’s sad, really sad. Unless they have physically harmed the kids then they aren’t horrible people, you’re just rude and judgmental. You may want to get over yourself and maybe try to talk to them and see if they need or want help. I know addicts and former addicts and those are usually the best people because they know not to look down on others as it was done to them or is done to them. Acting like this won’t get you far in life, be a better person.

19 Likes

I’m going to be honest, as long as you are on ANY type of social media posting pics of your kids they can fall in ANYONE’s hands. Even total strangers. :woman_shrugging:t4: The only way to POSSIBLY stop this is to stop posting pictures of them period. Don’t send pics of your kids to other people or let them snap their own pics.

11 Likes

You can definitely report it to Facebook. You can also make your Facebook extremely private, so no one can steal your photos.

4 Likes

Block them and set it to where photos can only be accessed by people you are friends with on Facebook. It is what I do. Have in laws that like to talk bad about my kids and would have a field day if got photos of them.

4 Likes

How are they getting the photos?

literally block them so they can’t steal your pics. BAM problem solved.

You can do nothing - keep all current and future pics from them. Their shit will age out also anyone who counts already knows the truth.

You can report the pic to FB. I believe it’s an option called sharing private pictures. I’m not sure if they actually do anything about it though. Then make your profile private so they can’t get any. Someone on your friends could still be saving the pics and sending them. The only way you can get stop that is to not post pictures at all.

1 Like

…how are they getting the kids photos if they’re uninvolved…

6 Likes

Basically you have to stop sharing photos of them, because if you have everything locked down someone is providing them with those pictures.
You can get a restraining order but you would then have to be vigilant with paying attention to her account to see if she is posting their pictures.
My husband did this for his children because of their bio mom and it is a huge pain and a lot of time and effort, reporting and documentation. She still has men contacting her daughter, she has multiple accounts she creates, it’s a shitty situation.
You can report to FB but they don’t do shit. The bio mom created a public event inviting over 100 people to our home for her sons birthday asking her motocycle club, people (many of which are criminals, just like she) to ride loud, and lay rubber in front of our house. We never gave her permission and FB doesn’t care. It’s still posted publicly and she just recently commented again last year thanking people. You can imagine everytime a motocycle rides by revving up their engine…yeah good times.
So sorry it has happened to you, it’s a horrible horrible feeling.

Report the photos and block them. They shouldn’t have access to your photos.

1 Like

Ask them to take the pictures down.

Block them, make your account private so that they can’t see your pictures and report the posts of your kids’ pictures. You have every right to decide who has access to your children.

3 Likes

Before you block them turn the pictures into fb and then block them.

2 Likes

You can report the photos!!

1 Like

Cant do much. I had the same problem. I had to change my settings and remove anyone the person associated with so they could not get my photos anymore. Unfortunately anything you post publicly can be taken and used by anyone without your permission.

1 Like

Report and block them so it won’t happen again.

And reporting does nothing. Ive tried it There is no option to report just because you dont want them to use the photos and they wont take them down for that reason. That’s why there is a private option. If you block them they wont even be able to find you on facebook. That’s your best option

2 Likes

The only permanent solution is to not post any pictures yourself. Maximum protection for you children

Block them and report the pics

1 Like

So block them from having any access to the kids. Or just don’t post the kids on social media to have. And make reports about it

3 Likes

Take it to court. They are your kids. Just cause they are related doesn’t mean they are worthy. Get a restraining order. Get rid of that trash from your life. Good luck

3 Likes

Facebook is open for anyone to take what they want that’s the thing when you post you’re pics to you’re account they’re there for anyone to take stop putting them online simple

2 Likes

Nothing you can really do, sorry. Just block them

1 Like

I’d comment on the pics “y do u have this here if ur not even in their lives” let their “friends” c that then report n block.

6 Likes

Report the pictures. Lock your profile down and a don’t post anymore pictures of your children anywhere online. If you don’t post any, then have none to steal.

3 Likes

It’s legal but you can stop allowing them to have access to your photos!

1 Like

I had an ex husband who took pics off my profile page and used it as his (this was almost 10 years after being split up and not knowing he had FB but not under his name) I reported him for taking the photo off my FB, made my FB private and blocked him, FB did ban him from that account and took the photo down but of course he just made a new one, cuz he’s crazy (literally) :woman_facepalming:t2:

report the pictures then lock all your pictures down HARD!!!

2 Likes

Report it on the social media and block them so they don’t have access to your things :triumph:

2 Likes

Make your account private and make sure no one is your friend that would allow them access. Don’t put your kids as profile or background pic.

3 Likes

Block them so they can’t even find your account and take your pics.

3 Likes

How did they get the pics

2 Likes

How are they getting the pictures? Block them & don’t send them pictures

3 Likes

Then don’t give them access to the photos in the first place :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Shit we can’t judge off of one side of the story maybe they just smoke weed shit half the world smokes weed and maybe she won’t let them be in their lives. I say let them be proud of their grandbabies

Report them. There is a way to report children’s photos being used without permission. Google it. It is complicated & has to be done from the browser & not the app

1 Like

Just report the photos from said grandparents page . They are stolen I believe they will be able to help better .

I don’t think legally there’s anything you can do. If you don’t want them to access your photos then stop posting them. Unpopular opinion, just being a drug addict doesn’t make someone a horrible human. It means they have a problem they aren’t able to control and they probably need help.

9 Likes

Nothing on social media is private. Don’t post pictures of your kids. Anyone can get pictures of them if they are out there. Not just them. Scary but true.

1 Like

Both of my parents are the exact same. I called them out in the comments and sent them a message, so they took the photos down. Reporting the photo to facebook didn’t work. After the photos were removed I blocked them.

1 Like

Block them. Don’t text them pics. Had to do this with my ex husbands family

2 Likes

How did they get access to the children’s pictures in the first place? If u don’t want your kids pics plastered everywhere then don’t have them on social media cause anybody can use them. Take the grandparents off social media stop sending pics etc. all cops can do is tell them to take them down but that’s honestly it tho sadly.

How did they even get photos?

1 Like

I have a grandson & out of respect to my daughter, we have an understanding that I can post pictures of him/us ONLY if I ask her first. Can you ask them not to post the kids?

You can report it to Facebook off of the pictures and it may get taken down

3 Likes

Secure you page up its not hard and block them.

Block them so they aren’t able to see your profile or posts

This post hurts my heart…I have been cut off completely from my grand-baby simply because baby Momma can’t stand my son and has remarried. I feel for your Mom AND I feel for you.

7 Likes

If your friends on fb can’t you block them on wot they post like photoes etc only guessing

Report to facebook for using your children’s photos without permission

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What can I do about my childs grandparents posting them on social media? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

My mother in law use to do the same thing… Eventually, I blocked them on ALL social media AND set most of my settings to the most private I could. Good luck!!

17 Likes

I’d just ignore them honestly. Block and act like they don’t exist. If they keep stealing pictures who cares. They obviously are just trying to get under your skin

34 Likes

All you can do is block them. I have the same issue with my ex’s mom stealing mine. She has me blocked, so she either has a another page or has someone doing her dirty work. I’ve changed all my privacy after catching it. You can try to report the photos on Facebook and see if that removes them.

11 Likes

Block them on all social media etc… and inform family members you would appreciate if they did not share whatever you post with them.

Also if it get really bad talk to someone about it from a legal standpoint, see what options you have.

43 Likes

You can actually report it to fb and send a copy of paperwork showing you’re their parent and fb will remove the photos

93 Likes

I would report the photo and flat out tell them these are photos of my children I don’t know these people and they have been repetitively taking my children’s photos off of my page

9 Likes

It sounds like you should have been more selective in choosing who you make babies with and you wouldn’t even have this problem!

19 Likes

I block those people. Makes it very hard for them to get access to any of my photos. Don’t post public photos of them. If you suspect anyone is sending photos to your kids you can always limit your audience for certain posts or block those people too.

18 Likes

A restraining order might be hard unless they have actually hurt the kids, at least where I’m from. Report their accounts and the pictures they’re using, block them, and remove all photos of your kids for awhile. I know it sucks but someone on your friends list may give them access to the pictures anyway. If you completely remove everything they can’t access it. Also, for any legal purposes you might want to speak with a lawyer to make sure what rights you have, for example the restraining order. Another thought, just because they made crappy life choices doesn’t mean they still don’t love their kids. Trust me, I understand this and not wanting your kids associated with the mess their lives are. I struggle with this. However, just because the grandparents are a mess doesn’t say anything about your family. Some people, that picture makes them feel important regardless of the real life connection. Best of luck!

2 Likes

My rule for friends and family, your page has to be a million percent private to share anything about my kids or I’ll go ape shit. As for the dead beats, you could be petty like me and report each photo and then block them.

1 Like

Ugh that’s so frustrating! I would report all their photos and get people who are close to you report them too if you don’t want to talk to them or think they will just not respect you asking them not too.

2 Likes