What can I do about my childs grandparents posting them on social media?

Ha! Nothing! My grandma (sons great grandma) was posting pics to public not friends with full name, date birth where goes to school, exact location of where/when vacationed. I have my son off my stuff even. I have an abusive/stalker/psycho ex who isn’t to have/see/contract us/son an she made it easy. Cops said to me anybody can do water they want. Can sell it, us for ads. I have no say. If I see her take the picture and don’t stop her I give consent for her to use/give/sell/post his pic anywhere sheants. An because of me having cops explain internet safety to her because she wouldn’t listen to me, she has disowned me. Been 14 months an she won’t even look at me, won’t even speak if she calls an I answer. So because she can’t respect my she’s of social media I not let her see my child.

5 Likes

Let them know how you feel! Document date and time that you talked to them. Talk to Child welfare Services if it continues.

Delete and block them on all social media​:woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2: that’s what I did. Don’t let them have pictures of your children or post pictures of your kids on your Facebook and let someone else try to take them off yours to send to their grandparents. Ik it sounds harsh but I did it to my kids grandmother and their aunts​:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

You can report to Facebook that someone is posting pictures of your children without your permission. Facebook will remove the pictures. Also if they’re getting the pictures from your profile you can change your security settings so that only people your friends with can view your pictures.

3 Likes

I have my mom blocked from my social media…if she makes a new page that I don’t know about she can only see my current profile pic which I keep as a Snapchat filter photo of my child so she can’t see what she currently looks like!

My daughter asked me not to post the kids on FB that’s all it took . Her children her rules . Find pictures on fab and hire a lawyer how did they get pictures to post ???

1 Like

The only thing you can do is take them to court and get a social media injunction put in place. Then when they post photos of the kids you can legally do something about it. Other than that social media is pretty useless at removing reported pictures.

Block them. And I know it my sound a bit petty maybe even a bit childish by as others here have suggested, I would report it to FB. As many times as it takes to be taken seriously. Also you already said it yourself RESTRAINING ORDER.

1 Like

I know about 10 years ago there was no law for this type of situation. Hopefully there is now! A protective order may be the ONLY way to resolve it. I don’t believe a judge would have any problems with including that ruling particularly with all the trafficking of children and the fact that they’re druggies. If they don’t pay their “bills,” the kids could be used as retribution. Also, block them and make your Facebook private, like friends ONLY and then they won’t be able to see anything you post. Good luck.

Unfortunately if it’s FB they won’t do anything to help. I had someone use my picture as their profile picture! It was reported dozens of times but each time they responded that it was not against any community violations. How does taking someone else’s pictures for personal use is not a violation beats me. Good luck!

9 Likes

You can block people who see your posts without causing upset. Under privacy settings and it says something like show to everyone except

6 Likes

Lock down your Facebook where no one can see your photos an block everyone involved! I just about quit posting photos of my kids all together because of my in-laws! One did this to me and that was enough!! She made them public like an entire album full an I lost my s$&@@! After that, everyone got blocked!!

1 Like

I blocked my ex and his whole family and set my account to private. I don’t post my kid as profile pic or cover pic and don’t accept frkend requests from strangers. You can try to report the ones they currently use but honestly, just block and make everything private and move on with your life. What they do on their social media is not going to affect yours or your kid’s lives. Make sure they can’t get any new ones and move on. Simple.

7 Likes

First of all I would speak up and be very clear about how I felt about it. Then change your privacy settings where they can’t get new pics. Easy peasy.

1 Like

This is why I don’t post pics of my children. It sucks but it’s the only way to prevent it. An I also don’t let others take pics of them. Ppl get mad at me for it but it’s my choice. Good luck

2 Likes

I had a problem with my husband’s ‘mom’ I blocked her and her ‘family’ and now any picture I upload of my daughter is water marked and set as privately as I can get it.

1 Like

Report it to fb. They will remove anything picturing a child against the parents wishes. My mom is a deadbeat and druggy she did the same thing fb removed it. I now keep my profile private and block her on fb and block pictures from public view so she can’t take them from my page

1 Like

Report the pictures already there then block them so they can’t steal more of the pictures. If I remember right, social media has extra protection for photos of children

Wow so they are fake grandparents and your kids don’t even know who they are…its sad I love my grandkids and it would break my heart no to be in their heart…I’m sorry for the grandparents they dont know what they are messing out on…GRANDKIDS ARE THE GREATEST GIFTS EVER…

1 Like

I DON’T GET ANY OF YOU!!! How about if you don’t put your kids pics on social media AT ALL then you don’t have to worry about anyone else using the pics on their profile!!!

2 Likes

Get a hobby to keep you busy and stuff like this won’t bother you. Just because you don’t like them as people doesn’t change that they love your kids.

2 Likes

Depends where you live, from a legal point of view if the pictures are within the childs household it is illegal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Been there dealing with that crap, just block and let them know not to do it. If you’re that uncomfortable then search up your legal rights where you live and let the grandparents know if it is illegal or not.

It is a FELONY for anyone to post pictures of children unless it is the parents or both parents agree to it.

2 Likes

How are they getting the pictures of the kids? I’d stop them from having access to the pictures and constantly report the images if they post them

1 Like

I’ m a grandma of 4, ages 3 to 22, and greatgrandma of one 2 year old. My kids forbid me from posting them on Facebook, not even my own page, and I’m an awesome granny! I keep the 2 and 3 year olds while their mothers work. I am allowed to send my sister and brother pics on messenger. But even then, I always ask permission first. There was no social media when my kids were young. Naturally, I was amazed at the ease and fun of sharing on Facebook. But they had to explain the possible dangers to me.

1 Like

We had the same problem with my grandson’s other grandparents. We ended up deleting/ blocking them on Facebook and not let them see any pics. Harsh I know, but they only showed interest every 6 months when they needed updated photos

Besides blocking them or just plainly removing them from your friends list. There is an option to block only specific people from your posts when you post pictures of your kids. & i think there is also the option to keep certain albums private or to only share with friends that is if you have them just unfriended vs. blocked altogether.

1 Like

I had or possibly still have people on my list that apparently share my statuses and photos with her. I deleted some people but still have a feeling there is still someone sharing things with her. I have had to hide all albums of my kids from anyone but my husband and I. I’ve had my Facebook 14 years now and I’m not making a new one. It sucks that we have to be uncomfortable about these things.

Make sure they cannot access any photos. If they never see your children and are not suitable grandparents they don’t deserve to have contact what so ever. Including photos. Block them on FB. And I’m sure their must be some law that permits them from using your kids photos without consent.

Not sure anything can be done. My ex husband adopted my son, so rights were removed from the other. But there was nothing I could do to stop him from posting pictures of my son.

I am very involved in my grandchildrens’ lives but I let the parents post the pictures!

I’m confused as to why this bothers you so much?? My mom hasn’t seen or asked about me or my kids in months but wouldn’t give a rats ass if she posted them on her page, either pictures taken from mine or anyone else page. So what they are absent or toxic or whatever the case what is it hurting you or your kids for them to post a picture. Live your life enjoy your kids and keep it pushing. Stop being so bothered by others action if it doesn’t effect yours or your children’s well being.

Block them and move on with your life. There is nothing that you can do outside of that.

Out of your control. Same boat 5+ years ago. They will keep finding ways to steal pics until they lose interest.

I feel this one so much! I set everything where only me, their dad, my dad, and my best friend can see their pics. My mom has never even met my 2 and won’t and steals pics. I have them all blocked and weeded out the ones sending them pics off my profile and blocked them, too

First make all your photos private and unsharable. Completely remove anyone who might show them stuff on your page!

Nothing there is nothing you can do. They aren’t violating anything on Facebook. If they take the picture it’s theirs and if you post online you open up for anyone to use that photo

2 Likes

I barely put my children on Facebook anymore because of inlaws, I got so over them taking the photos like there own and never asking if they could use the photos they just oviously assume they are entitled so I’ve gone very quiet putting anything of my children on Facebook there will be the rare posts or what ever and I also blocked and deleted them on Facebook, not that they liked that but like I told my husband it’s my Facebook my life our children and if I feel it’s necessary to have there negative crap out of my life then so be it I couldn’t give a damn if they are upset or not I’m not living my life to please them :blush:

Shoot …, I had this … my son basically took control and told me under NO circumstances can i do that … that’s it…!!!.. so
I did and respected their wishes …

How do they get the pictures if they have nothing to do with them,??? You NEED to talk to whomever is giving or sending them the pictures!!

Block them, how do they get pictures? If I was you I would make sure all your pictures and info on your page is private and not public.

I think there is a way to make were Facebook will take it down!!! Don’t quote me on this but i think a long time ago i had someone using my oldest picture and i did something and fb took it down should look to see if they still do or ever did i could be mistaken for myspace :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Facebook will take it down as long as you get a notarized letter saying you’re the parent and it is a picture of your child

Unpopular decision here but one I had to deal with. Obviously no social media in my time but my kids grandmother drank like a fish, so I kept the kids the more of that the more she’d drink… I enlisted the help of her sister to try to get “mom” to not drink one day a week if I would allow a visit… I agreed as long as her sister (that I liked and was sober) stayed… The first day I worried to death, spoke to the aunt a couple of times. The following week we did it again. I told “mom” that if I trusted her to watch him alone ONE time (without the aunt) that it would be a miracle. But so far so good. We have invited her for a barbecue on July 4th. We don’t drink and neither will the friends we’re having. So we pray it can come together so the kids get to know her.

Flag the photos for removal by Facebook. You can also get a gag oder placed on your parents not allowing them to post pictures or information about your children online.

Maybe you shouldn’t put your children photos online because that’s where they’re getting it from and anybody can do that to your kids pictures not just their grandparents. Hopefully they have a healthy recovery :pray:t2: it’s always possible

My daughters other grandma is crazy so she can’t have anything to do with my kid

If the pictures aren’t harmful, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Where are they getting the photos from

2 Likes

Block them report thier photos and and make sure your profile is private so others can’t copy or save and send the photos. Period.

I told my parents, straight up to respect my kids’ privacy & not post anything unless I allowed it. They respected that.

Block them then make your Facebook set to only people who can see your page and posts

Start by blocking them on sm so they don’t have access to your kids pics. I’m sure that won’t cover everything but it’s a start.

It’s crazy how posting our photos on Facebook, anyone can just save them to their phone. So creepy. Yet, here we are.

Block them or make it so they can’t see posts with your kids pics

My mother does the same, then claims she took the photo. Ugggg some ppl

I had something like this with a SIL, Facebook has an option to report pictures of children under 13(Ill add a picture in comments) It got the picture she had put up taken down within a few days.
After that I made a friend’s lost of close family that I wanted to see my daughter and only post the pictures there. I can tag my husband in the picture but his friends can’t see the picture unless they are on the list. I had to make the list on a computer browsers, as the mobile app doesn’t have the option.

You can report the photos to fb and they will be taken down. I did that with my kids.

If you didnt want them getting pics of your kids then you shouldve blocked them or set your pics to private.

Change all your posts to private and don’t have them on your socials so they can’t steal photos.

How to Get My Child's Picture Removed From Someone Else's Facebook | It Still Works is the child under 13?

Block the grandparents also put copy right stamp on them with your initials and put it publicly on fb that no one is to take pictures screen shot them etc with out your permission and if u find out then they will be blocked

Block them from your facebook so they can no longer see your pictures and steal them

Tell em straight up, how are they getting these photos??

Block them on all platforms and if able, report any photos of your child to FB. I’ve been there with the photo issue.

Can’t you protest the photos through Facebook? Since they don’t have permission to share the photo of the minor?

Report them. Pretty easy to create a stalking/false identity report… It’ll close their account til they fix it or price that they are the kid somehow. You can’t post pics of kids without parental permission

You can have the photos removed by Facebook if the children are under 18

1 Like

Fb will remove the photos of minors. Google how to do it. I did it before when someone was posting pics of one of my kids. The photos were taken down.

You could also start putting watermarks on all the pictures, that should help some

If you share your pictures in a public forum there’s nothing you can do. If you post your kid’s pictures even if your FB page is private you just shared the pictures into the public forum so your friends can share.

Honestly, there’s nothing you can do except NOT post pictures of your children on the internet.

I’m a certified Ontario Paralegal btw so you know. And if you don’t want the grandparents to share the pictures the only thing you can do is NOT post them on FB.

1 Like

well my 1st question would be, how did they get pictures of your kids …

OMG I WAS JUST WONDERING THIS! I also have issues with my kids being on their social media accounts!

2 Likes

How’re they getting pictures of them?

How are they even getting the photos to begin with?

How are they getting the pics?

What kind of dumb nuts would even laugh at this post? It’s a very understandable thing!

How are they getting these pics?

Are you related to Meghan Markle?

2 Likes

How are they getting the photos ?

Have you asked them not to post your kids pics?

Google a cease and distist letter fill it out and send it to them.

3 Likes

Let them flex…YOU’RE BETTER THAN THAT it doesn’t add or subtract from you…KEEP IT PUSHING…SMALL THINGS TO A GIANT

1 Like

If they are not near you or bothering you or the kids, let them brag. You do realize that is what they are doing when they post pictures of their grandkids, right? If their addictions are that bad, they likely feel like those cute kids are proof their lives haven’t been wasted.

7 Likes

I report it. And report it every time. If you do it enough fb will take care of it for you.

Get Facebook to remove. Say you don’t know these people and they stole your photos of your kids

2 Likes

Don’t give them access to your children’s pictures… :woman_shrugging:

I like the restraining order thought. There should be a law :flushed::pray::pray::pray:

File a police report, and report photos to facbook

1 Like

Block them on social media and report the photos.

I’ve had to block his family after my husband died horrible folks too were stealing pics off my page was absolutely ridiculous

Just delete ALL social media sites! They can’t hurt you and they will get tired after awhile

Report them using using your intellectual property

Reset your privacy on FB.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can report it to Facebook

Not much you can do unless you stop posting the pics on social media.

I hate when people I don’t like post pictures of my child

Block them on Facebook and don’t send photos

Do any of you perfect people drink? If so - you are doing drugs! Do you smoke? Wake up - You’re doing drugs! Does your dr give you pain killers or anti-depressants? Wake up - you’re doing drugs! A lot of things some people consider drugs was legal back in the day as they say. Now they are legalizing some drugs because they help some people. Be fair - be honest with yourself.

Your children…YOUR decision!!!