What can I do about my daughters attitude?

Ok so few days ago i bought a sage to burn it to cleanse my house as i haven’t done for so long, my daughter 16 asked me what the hell is that it’s smell like shit. As I’m trying to tell her to stop talking like that it’s so inappropriate i started to feel this urge for crying and couldn’t stop the whole night. I wanted to do this as I’ve noticed that she’s being a very negative and hates everyone and everything not sure if this is a part of being a teenager or something else. She used to be a very happy outgoing when she was a bit younger but not anymore, buy the way she’s having a best friend that they hanging out every week at home and she blames the school to much to study as she is year 11

173 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What can I do about my daughters attitude? - Mamas Uncut

Literally something I would say. :joy:

1 Like

She’s a normal teenager. I have 2 of them. My teenage daughter is the same way.

Sounds like a teen to me :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

She’s a teenager… lol

1 Like

age… good luck mine is 15 and started around same age

1 Like

teen years… just ride it out… lol

1 Like

Use Palo santo after u use sage to put good vibes back in or lavender bundle! maybe the sage is bring out her inner demons literally lollll :two_hearts:

3 Likes

She is a teenager. They tend to be shitty little humans at this age. You can burn all the sage in the world and it won’t do anything. Buckle up mom! Be Consistent, don’t back down. You make the rules in your house!

1 Like

Welcome to the joys of having a teenager. Firstly I’d lock that sh*t down. You’re still the boss! It could also be this friend she’s hanging out with. I’d try talking to her as mom and daughter first and if that doesn’t work I’d let the hammer fall so to speak

3 Likes

So wth was that smell :joy: jk tell her you’re trying to rid the air of her negative energy :sweat_smile: she’s a teen simmer down

3 Likes

It’s called hormones. Teens have them. Sage isn’t gonna help that.

14 Likes

Demons don’t like sage🤷‍♀️

12 Likes

She’s a teenager. Her hormones are completely wacky. Just sit her down and explain her choice of words is inappropriate and if you hear it again she’ll have consequences.

4 Likes

Poor hormone poisoned teenager. Life is so hard. Try lavender. Everywhere. Also TRY to sit down and talk with her. Maybe she’s going through something. Yes, of course she’s taking it out on you. Fortunately… she’ll grow out of it

2 Likes

Sounds like a teen and honestly I don’t blame her with the sage. I would not allow her to speak to me in that way at all, but she is something that causes me problems when burned.

3 Likes

She’s a teen. She asked about something she didn’t know about and then gave your her opinion on it :person_shrugging:. NBD

5 Likes

Do you remember being a teenager? Perfectly normal😅

2 Likes

Some of it is hormones, being a teen but it can also be peers. Cut her off from the bad influences. If she treats you like that she can stay in the house without communication with the bad influences.

1 Like

People saying “just being teens”… Umm NO! That’s a child being Hella disrespectful! That’s what happens when there is no discipline in the home! You know why I didn’t speak like that to my mom?! Cause I woulda been knocked into next week!

15 Likes

I would definitely talk to her and ask her what’s bothering her because it could just be teen years or depression or something else like bf trouble or bullying. Communication is going to be the key here. Honestly, I wouldn’t get that worked up about the words and focus more on what she is feeling. Sending mama hugs to you.

1 Like

Don’t burn sage, many people hate it, some are allergic. Cussing is honestly not that big of a deal, just offensive to you personally. Ease up. Life for teens is awful right now.

8 Likes

Oh that would come to a screeching halt here. Discipline ,she needs to be very uncomfortable till she straightens up. It will only get worse if you don’t get control.

6 Likes

Uh…it’s not normal to constantly be negative to the point your parent is crying because of it. Sure every teen has a hard time but it’s not an excuse to be an :peach:hole. She needs to check herself.

2 Likes

She is a teen lol, my kids hate the smell too but it’s the demons coming out haha

5 Likes

Lol she’s a teenager. Maybe you need to sit and talk with her. I left at 16 and never looked back.

2 Likes

Tell her if she wants to talk like that she needs to be aware and respectful of her audience. Meaning… if you don’t want to hear that language and grandma doesn’t want to hear it, specific friends don’t want to hear it, teachers/church, etc… then she doesn’t need to speak that way in their presence. However, if she has friends who also speak that way and don’t care… by all means, let them speak freely on their own. :woman_shrugging:t2: isn’t gonna hurt you if she’s dropping F bombs and such with her friends. If she continues to speak like that after you’ve set the boundaries and expectations that you do not want to hear it… then she will have consequences. Start with taking away that phone and freedom. She’ll likely respect your wishes after that!

3 Likes

Sounds like shee might be a bad spirit … Lol jk :joy::rofl::rofl::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: she’s being a teen? I’ve always been taught that cussing infront of my parent/ grandparents is rude and disrespectful! I’m probably going to get hell for this but I know if my teen daughter talked to me like that she’d probably get back handed… That’s just me though :tipping_hand_woman:

Because sage burning smells like :poop::poop::poop: thats what im sayin

9 Likes

Well I mean sage does smell like shit​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes: I even had to tell my daughter to stop burning sage smelling insence…

Do you swear at all in front of her? If you do, then you can’t expect her not to swear. Everything today has swearing in it. Honestly you’d hate my almost 3 year old. :rofl:

2 Likes

Burn more sage mama its working

15 Likes

She’ll be better in a few years,lots of patience you will need.

1 Like

I mean I’m sure we all spoke that way at 16 years old. There’s a lot worse things she could have said to you. The more you tell a teenager not to do something the more they will do it. Win/lose situation here. But on the bright side if this is the worst things she does… then I say you’re doing something right mama.

4 Likes

I don’t understand how someone can think it’s no big deal for a child to be cussing. IF We had of been cussing we would have had the crap beat out of us… Guess back then we had respect and knew right and how to keep our butts from being torn up…

15 Likes

Stop burning that sage doesn’t cleanse anything just stinks

12 Likes

A part of it I would say is being a teenager but there is definitely more to it than that. Has she ever had a therapist can you get her someone to talk to even a mentor?

She’s probably going through something out hanging with the wrong crowd, try talking to her like she’s her own person and not your child and it’ll probably help.
My mom just yelled and punished me for it, when really she was the reason I acted the way I did :woman_shrugging:t4:

Not gonna lie, I know TONS of ppl who hate the smell of sage. My kids included. I still burn it when I choose to & they can suck it up :rofl:. However, as far as cussing goes… my mom was like this growing up & I promise you it made talking to her about things or venting to her IMPOSSIBLE & miserable because if I cussed she would shut me down with correcting me & I can also promise she doesn’t care & won’t stop lol. All it did was make me annoyed with my mom & never wanna talk about anything. When I vented to friends & was angry, cuss words came out & it would feel better after when I got the whole thing out without being told to “watch your mouth” or stopped with “OKAY THATS ENOUGH I DONT WANNA HEAR YOU TALK LIKE THAT” because who truly gives a shit? As long as mine aren’t cussing AT me, I don’t care. Especially when they’re upset. My only requests is don’t cuss in front of your grandparents & those who we know would be highly offended & we as adults don’t even cuss, so my teen won’t be either but that’s as far as it goes for me. They’re just words. & I have the mouth of a sailor so I’m no one to tell anyone to watch their language lmao

2 Likes

Possession for sure. Demons don’t like when you try to cleanse their air.

13 Likes

11 years old?? Time will not make her better. Turning her life and heart over to Jesus and being in a strong youth group at a Bible believing church she has hope.

5 Likes

She’s a fkn teen n ur smoking her out with something that smells like :poop:, who WOULDN’T be mad???

3 Likes

That was IT? She said it smells like **** and you think that’s disrespect??? It’s you. Not her.

12 Likes

Sounds like the sage summoned her inner demon. Burn it harder next time. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

29 Likes

Sounds pretty typical of a 16 year old pushing her boundaries and seeing what she can get away with. Calmly tell her that you would appreciate the respect of her not using profanity when speaking to you. She knows that she would never get away with talking to a teacher like that, so if you don’t approve, tell her so. Don’t cry, just firmly tell her “Stop it!” When you cry, you give her all the power. Unless she’s paying rent, she shouldn’t get to choose what you do in your house.:woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Sounds like a normal teenager

3 Likes

I mean it does smell. Keep using sage it’s getting rid of something… your sense of smell, your teen, the evil spirits, who knows only time will tell

4 Likes

She doesn’t respect you at all. My mom wldve slapped my whole head off my neck as I’d do the same to my daughter. I as a full adult still wldnt say that in front of my mother.

1 Like

She’s a teenager. By the time my daughter left we had gotten physical even (family trauma) now at 20 she’ll tell anyone who asks that her momma is and always be her BFF😊 it’s hard, and even hell, but I promise you will make it through. Just ignore the nastiness and keep loving and guiding her. And LET her make age appropriate mistakes. They will never just listen to mom no matter what. You can say the sky is blue and you’re wrong simply because you’re mom lol

4 Likes

Plant sage AROUND your house, not burn it INSIDE your house. That shit stinks. It’ll bring out anyones inner demon when you burn that garbage :face_vomiting:

16 year olds, are crazy, they get better with time.

Sounds like safe was the wrong choice.

You should smudged all that negative energy right out of her. Just smiled and said Sage sweetheart it gets rid of negative energy and then waved it all around her sweet little self.

Seriously though, pretty typical teen attitude. Just keep trying to find ways to connect and communicate with her.

7 Likes

Teenagers are the worse. Stress is adding to her emotions too.

1 Like

You’re burning something she isn’t familiar with. You familiarized yourself with sage as a relaxing thing, she doesn’t have a relationship with the herb in that way. If you wanted her to, get her interested in aromatherapy in general even if she prefers other herbs over sage.

1 Like

She’s not wrong, it does smell like :poop:. Lol, is that the worst she’s said, consider yourself lucky.

1 Like

She is just being a teenager! Trust me, they are basically like a whole different species but as long as you love and support them, EVENTUALLY they grow out of it

2 Likes

Typical 16 year old. Stand firm on your beliefs, notice who she hangs out with, maybe a bad influence. A disrespectful teen can become rebellious against you for sure. Hold your ground with her.

It’s gonna take a lot more than sage! Just sayin!

4 Likes

She’s a teen…they always act like they hate everyone and everything lol don’t take it personally.

5 Likes

Goodness. It does stink awful. Don’t blame her.

Well she’s not wrong. It does smell really bad.

3 Likes

She’s a teenager, they’re just about all like that. Also, it’s sage it smells like the thanksgiving turkey threw up everywhere :woman_shrugging:

Tell her If she wants to act grown she can pay bills like she’s grown too. Definitely normal, teenage girls are assholes.

Sounds like she’s normal and coming into her own and you just don’t like it. Stop looking at who she was and see her for who she is today. She’s telling you school stresses her out, and you aren’t listening. You can’t cleanse stress away you have to deal with it. You need to help her figure out what helps her deal with stress.

2 Likes

Sadly she’s a teenager it’s normal

Sage is not gonna take her stress and anxiety away

She’s a teen, it is hormones, also sounds like a bit of a independence/power struggle and even some depression. (I was like this as a teen too sad to say)

She’s 16 and sage smells like shit.

and she just used light swearing and expressed she doesn’t like the smell. Adults do that. She’s only 2 years from adulthood she’s gonna have opinions.

1 Like

Well… sage is used to get rid of negativity… she’s a negative little gal… no wonder it bothered her. Sounds like it’s working. :joy::joy::joy: like throwing holy water at a demon. :joy::joy:

She’s a teen. They’re real jerk faces sometimes.

12 Likes

I can’t believe the sage didn’t expel the demon from your home. :rofl:

2 Likes

My kids love the smell of burning sage and cedar! Lol maybe because we’re native American and use it for different purposes. I’m happy my kids aren’t anywhere near teenage years yet!

Definitely needs discipline

She is a teen say no more :rofl:

1 Like

Teens are assholes. Turn off wifi. Lol

Definitely a typical teenager, I’ve raised one girl and have an almost 17 yr old and 13 ye old boys… The 13 yr old hasn’t reached that stage yet… Well the too much school work thing, yes, lol

1 Like

She needs you more than you know. Prob stress and possibly hormones

1 Like

It’s normal. My 16 year old daughter just comes out to growl at everyone once in a while. They grow out of it, thank God

2 Likes

I struggle with my nieces feeling comfortable swearing around myself I understand they are old enough now to say the words but that doesn’t mean it’s respectful to say in front of anyone I’m huge on respect I feel like you’re more like me. Not saying she can’t swear but the way she’s wearing it

I’d Soap Her :joy: just kidding I really don’t know how I’m going to approach this I’m here for some knowledge I’m curious to see these answers but so far I’m sorry you’re being judged so wildly for asking for help :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

This is normal teenage Behavior.

She’s a teen lol teens are like a diff level of human & so are toddlers…so don’t take it personal like the others are saying.

As a victim of SA, my behavior changed (not as drastic as others but still)… You’ve probably already done this but just make sure nothing’s “going on.”

Take care :heart:

1 Like

I know times are very different I’m a seventies baby and trust me there is a reason why you will never find a wooden spoon in my home. Discipline does not mean physically hurting …that does have a lasting effect and can cause some trauma. It’s very hard to connect with teenagers sometimes I just wouldn’t resort to physically hurting her… Try to become involved in things She likes even if you can’t stand it take an interest in what she’s into . …it will make a big difference like if I have to watch one more episode of an anime show I’m going to barf but I will still sit through them because my teenage daughter loves it… there are different ways to build up respect

Teenagers in general can be pretty miserable. My daughter’s only 14 and, well, I’ll just leave it at that. They have their good and bad days just like everyone. In my case moments, cause the pleasant ones tend to be short and sweet. They don’t necessarily have all of the coping skills that we continue to develop into adulthood (which I personally need to constantly remind myself of),so they seem to be easily stressed and have anxiety. A lot of times it comes out as angry outbursts. High school can be demanding. Between school work, maintaining friendships, and in some cases athletics, clubs and jobs, it can be a lot. Also, I’ve never done or had a sage cleansing in my home, so I don’t know what it smells like, but I can imagine that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. Trust me, you are not alone in this.

5 Likes

Please have her evaluated for depression. Teens express depression with a lot of anger. Better to be safe and find out and get help. Good luck. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Normal but show her who the boss is

2 Likes

She’s a teenager case closed

2 Likes

Teens all go through fazes of hating anything and everything :rofl: totally normal hun

5 Likes

They’re just words🤷🏽‍♀️ it does smell like shit so I don’t blame her. She’s 14, if that’s the extent of your worries, I day you’re lucky!

Maybe the sage is just trying to do it’s job lmao

14 Likes

She’s a teenager. You’ll deal with that until she’s 18

1 Like

Fuck having teens. I struggle daily with mine. Lord help us all

Teenagers can be assholes. #truestory #RealTalk #sorrynotsorry #facts

I’d also be checking on the girl she’s running with. Not to say they are but maybe they’re into things. You never know in this world right now

1 Like

Most people don’t believe in bad energies or how the Catholic Church named it “bad spirits” but I do. I personally don’t like burning sage, but I do clean my home with fresh water, cologne (Florida or flowers water), crunched powdered eggshells (you can find them in Amazon under “cascarilla”), white flowers petals. You ask for all the bad energy to leave your home while you light a candle and ask for peace at your home and clarity to your family members.
You can also take baths with this formula and add fresh milk to the tub :bath: and don’t dry yourself with a towel, let the fresh air dry the water in your skin.
Hope you find peace.

Normal teenage stuff! Pretty sure if I burn sage in my house my oldest daughter would run out of the house! :joy::joy: Bye bye evil spirit :joy::joy:
Just kidding.

7 Likes

I feel like crying all night bc your kid says your candle stinks is really dramatic :woman_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

I’d say she’s at the age where her period starts and this is purely normal hormonal teenage girl behavior… not to sounds harsh… and I mean this with all respect but, you’re definitely going to have to toughen up a bit with her lol because she is not going to get any better anytime soon. It will pass eventually.

4 Likes