What can I do for an itchy scalp?

What can I do for an itchy scalp? My hair has been flaking so bad since moving and i feel like its due to my water maybe?

12 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What can I do for an itchy scalp?

Head and shoulders clinical strength shampoo and conditioner, It’s expensive but well worth it. Works great

1 Like

Apple cider vinegar. Use it on scalp. I dilute half with water… put in spray bottle… put spray through hair almost touching scalp… spray heavily let sit, rinse.

1 Like

You may have psoriasis. If you experience any hair loss and itching it may be psoriasis.

3 Likes

If it only began after you moved then it could be hard water. If you own, you can install a filtration system, though that’s expensive. I’m guessing there are cheaper, more portable options these days. Ask around.

This stuff is amazing - https://www.costco.ca/nizoral-anti-dandruff-shampoo,-120ml-bottles,-3-pack.product.100594352.html

I get my girls some charcoal shampoo from family dollar… it’s called t-plus …or something like that… works great

Hydrating deep conditioning mask. Wash your hair once a week and use a good moisturizing mask, leave it for half an hour, rinse with cold water.

Scalpacin I think that is how it’s spelled.or a shampoo strictly for itchy scalp.head and shoulders works good

I had a miserable scalp problem. I tried everything!! Prescriptions, home remedies,etc…. Three dermatologists said I’d have to live with it. I found The Bo Stegall Collection. I started with the first 4 steps and felt immediate relief. The Hydrovital Mist especially stopped the itching immediately. Bo is even available to assist with questions. Let me know if I can help you. I’m not affiliated just a happy customer :blush:

It’s more likely due to the shampoo or conditioner that you’re using or that you’re not thoroughly washing it out of your hair. We can buy shampoos for dry scalp I’m sure you’re wrenching your hair out good.

They sell at shoppers drug mart Nizoral or a Neutrogena tar shampoo. They both help alot.

Lanza scalp balancing line is magic. I am a hair stylist and have seen it fix some major scalp issues for my clients

Water changes can definitely do this. Go to local hardware place to get a water softener or something

Since you just moved, are you positive you didn’t get lice from the new place?

Rub olive oil to scalp …

Tea tree oil shampoo. It’s expensive but worth it. Head and shoulders makes it worse!! Has so much alcohol in it drys out even more. My daughter has thick curly hair and had so much flakes for years. I finally tried the tea tree and I noticed a huge difference after a couple weeks. Have to give it time to clear up. I tried everything on her head. Have to massage well and let sit for a good couple of minutes before rinsing.

Head and Shoulders but u may need a fungus shampoo or a prescription shampoo. U may have a yeast infection in your scalp.

Apple cider vinegar mixed with water, start spraying it on your scalp and hair after you shower.

And go to the health food store and get some products for dry scalp

Do not wash your hair daily.