What can I do for lower back pain?

For the past couple of months, I have been struggling with bad lower back pain. I had my son two years ago, and I remember having back pain for a while after giving birth, but it got better. I worry that something got “messed up” due to my epidural or from delivery, but maybe it is unrelated. I have been going to the chiropractor, and it helped some, but I feel like it isn’t improving the pain anymore. It is like a piercing, pinching pain. Some days are worse than others. It hurts most when I lay on my stomach (I used to love sleeping on my stomach) and when I first stand up but then I will randomly have a horrible pain just while walking. I don’t know what to do, but I don’t want to feel like this anymore! I’m only 31 but feel so much older! Looking for other mamas that have gone through something similar and what they did.

3 Likes

Sounds to me like a pinched nerve i dont know hope it gets better

Have your doctor screen you for si joint disfunction. It happens a lot when you’re pregnant and the ligaments don’t fully tighten back up. There are exercises you can do to help it and you can also get an si belt off of Amazon, which greatly reduces the pain.

To me Chiropractor once a week has been the best…

Sounds like degenative disc disease

2 Likes

I personally can’t go to a chiropractor because of the back issues I have because it could cause more harm. See your pcp doctor about. They’ll do x-rays if you don’t already have and may order an mri as well. Something could be out of place, a nerve could be pinched or a bunch of other things. Until I found out I had bone on bone, a mass in another spot and a few other things going on, I didn’t know what was causing it. For me losing weight also has made things better. I refuse to have surgery to fix the issues I have but eventually someday when I’m not able to walk, I’ll have to. Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do. It’s not a one size fits all answer/fix.

2 Likes

Following- I have had similar problems but got diagnosed for sciatica. It’s been like 3 years dealing with it and feeling what i could only imagine as a electric shock to my back. Hopefully you get better & best of luck. :sunflower:

2 Likes

Check out your colon!

Because you say when u lay on your tummy it hurts!

1 Like

I have degenerative disc disease. I use a foam roller. And do stretches. It works good for me.

They messed my epidural up and had to redo it. My lower back has never been the same. I can’t even stand and bend over to give my kids a bath. I’ve never had mine checked out but it’s been 7 years since I had my first child.

1 Like

Look up yoga exercises for sciatic nerve pain. Even if the sciatic nerve isn’t the problem, it’ll work the area that hurts.

Are they doing traction at the chiropractor? I had very similar pain… pain when bending forward, pain when waking and X-rays showed probable bulging discs. Traction helped me so much! And I was in so much pain that I thought I was going to need back surgery.

I have the same issue. 4 c sections caused mine. I’m starting core yoga to help strengthen my core. Everything I’ve read online says that can cause the back pain. My baby is 7 now and I’ve had pain the whole time.

I had lower back pain , a leaky disk, after p.t. Surgery, acupuncture, chiropractor, a pain management doctor finally arrives at a neuro stimulator. LIFE CHANGED!

For me it was shoes , I wear skechers and no lower back pain , I change pain comes back . I even wear skechers flip flops and sandals. My sister wears a dif brand for her comfort. Try shoes

Have you tried yoga?
Also rub some tiger balm or get the patches to see if it relaxes.

I’ve always had some back pains but ever since having my daughter my lower back and hips kill me. My PvP prescribed a pain med and an anti inflammatory that do wonders when I just can’t with the aches. The chiropractor just made me feel worse

My son literally broke my lower back when he came… im under the care of a pain doctor now.

Could be a pinched nerve ask ur pcp to send you for MRI…I have degenerative disks disease and when it flares up it will press on my sciatic nerve and the pain can be unbearable at times and goes down my right leg into my foot

Also could be your mattress too

Could be anything really. But it does sound like a pinch nerve. Contact them and talk to them about it. Also in the mean time change your mattress especially if it is over 8 years old. You need to replace your mattress every 8 years.

Deteriorated disk here from my epidural. Can try the chiropractor.

sounds like sciatica.

Go see chiro and massage
Do yoga

I had to have back surgery at 39.

Syatica. i had the same thing caused by my epideral. Massage and tiger balm is the only thing that helped me.