What can I do for morning sickness?

I’m 6 weeks pregnant what can I do for nausea and morning sickness? :sob: I have so much to do and I can’t because my head stays in the toilet!

27 Likes

Ginger! Check a local health food store for ginger gun or chews

2 Likes

Super minty gum and preggie pop drops helped me. Then I found that I couldn’t let my stomach get empty so I snacked on lots of watermelon lol.

1 Like

This is gonna sound crazy, but cheese its were the only thing that worked for me.

1 Like

I know it’s difficult but try to eat. It helps I swear. Keep some dry cereal by your bed or Saltines if you wake up throughout the night eat a handful it should help.

1 Like

Go to target and buy preggy pops drink lots of fluids and eat small frequent meals

1 Like

Pregnancy drops! You can buy them at Target and they helped me sooooo much!

1 Like

If its hypermesis then u may need sickness tablets from the doctor. Foods, ginger etc none of it help if you have that. If none of them work see ur gp xx

1 Like

Keep your stomach full! It sounds horrible to eat, but being empty makes it 100x worse

1 Like

Go to dr. Get some ondansetron

1 Like

Go to the doctors they’ll give u some maxolon helps so much

1 Like

Diclegis is a prescription safe for pregnancy for nausea and vomiting. I had it bad all day long and it’s the only thing that would remotely ease the symptoms

1 Like

Oyster crackers, eat some before even attempting to get out of bed.

1 Like

Eat before bed when u wake up pop a peppermint a few sips of dr pepper helped me through out the day eat small meals dont let ur self get hungry that’s when I got sick! And sometimes it just happens and u cant control it

1 Like

Ginger ale and salrine crackers. Wouldn’t hurt to have a bunch of pepermint gum

1 Like

Good luck! Ginger ale, ginger candies, tiny sips of water (flavored with cut fruit), motion sickness bands on your wrists… and hopefully it will pass when you move later into pregnancy. :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Try to eat small snacks often. It sounds stupid, but the nausea will get worse when you’re hungry. Try ginger whether biscuits or ginger tea, as it’s good for nausea and sickness. Stay hydrated, and make sure that you stay as cool as you can on really hot days. If the nausea and sickness gets too bad, and you can’t handle it, go to the doctors.

1 Like

Peppermint tea or peppermints.

1 Like

Frequent snacks (crackers, granola bars, protein bars) and peppermint candy helped me through my nausea when I was pregnant. If it doesn’t get better your doctor can also give you something for the nausea and morning sickness.

1 Like

1/2 a unisom sleep tablet and b6 at bedtime! I had it my entire pregnancy and this and phenergan was then only way I found relief.

1 Like

Ginger ale. Stir all the bubbles out & try to eat something like crackers or toast before the sickness hits. Little snacks all day

1 Like

Maybe ask the doctor for maxolon I think it’s called, it can’t be good for you too constantly be vomiting and sick

1 Like

I am in week 33 & have be en like this all of the pregnancy​:confounded::smirk:it sux, i have still not gain any weight and are so hungry

1 Like

Try taking your prenatals at night instead of in the morning, also water with lemon helps with nausea. I also found prenatal nausea pills with ginger that helped me as well.

1 Like

Zofran is my life saver!

3 Likes

Do not get out of bed without eating something. Keep popsicles in your house, lemon flavor are my favorite!

2 Likes

Ginger ale and saltines

1 Like

Unisom and vitamin b6 at bedtime and eating small frequent meals throughout the day.

1 Like

I’d consult your OB but I take a Unisom and a vitamin B6 at night. I keep water and soda crackers by my bed. Usually if I wake up feeling sick I eat peppermint or ginger cookies

1 Like

Digestive biscuit and cup of sweet tea or ginger biscuit

2 Likes

I was sick all day, everyday with all 3 of my pregnancies.
My doctor gave me zofran! Without it I couldn’t function. Nothing else helped.

1 Like

Ginger and lemon really help with this! Even just inhaling them would be very effective!

1 Like

Smoothies in the morning with diclectin also kept orange juice packs with saltines beside my bed and would drink and eat before I moved out of the bed if it was really bad.

1 Like

I know women who use saltine crackers and peanut butter

1 Like

Pretzels were hard to swallow.

1 Like

I had to switch my prenatal vitamins to night time. Snd oddly i drank lemon juice

2 Likes

Drink water till you puke like helllllllll

1 Like

Ginger candy, lemon water, saltines.

1 Like

Zofran. I had morning sickness all throughout my pregnancy with my daughter. The zofran didn’t resolve it, but it did reduce it. I tried everything. Zofran was the only thing that worked.

3 Likes

Take a sip of pickle juice

1 Like

Diclegis which is prescribed was the only thing that helped me. It will make you a tad sleepy

2 Likes

My ob had me take unisom it’s over the counter before bed each night and I never had morning sickness again(unless I missed a dose)

1 Like

Gravol!!! It was the only thing that helped me.

1 Like

Literally nothing helped me at all. I wanted to die, both pregnancies! May have to be on a medicine, but it made mine worse :open_mouth:
there is a natural one that did actually help, it was by pink stork on amazon!

1 Like

They refuse to put me on Zofran, they told me weed causes a lot of birth defects and it’s illegal where I am. They prescribed me Meclizine and lexapro, ive eaten a little with my step kids & its seeming to help. Ive chewed 2 packs of gum in under 3 days. Thank you ladies!!! Ill give these ideas a try!

1 Like

B6 vitamin and unisom at night!

2 Likes

Those preggie pops did wonders for me and anything sour candy

1 Like

Peppermint tea, lots of it.

2 Likes

Preggie pops and saltines. My first child was certain foods, so I could learn what not to eat. My second was certain smells. My third was if I ate too little, ate too much, and sometimes just because. Preggie pops and saltines did help.

1 Like

Oh man… Nothing?! I feel ya…

Zofran, soda crackers, and watered down gatorade to keep you from getting dehydrated.

1 Like

Pepcid was my best friend. Also crackers, ginger ale, pickle juice and rest.

2 Likes

Nothing helped me. I just didn’t stop puking. :sob: hope you can find relief

1 Like

Diclecten is what i was prescribed it worked wonders an is safe for you an baby

1 Like

Unisom before bed! It was my life saver

1 Like

Freeze Gatorade in ice cube trays. Suck on them in the morning

2 Likes

Consistently eat small snacks!

1 Like

Sour jolly ranchers! They work just like the preggo pops but a whole lot cheaper!

2 Likes

Diclegis was the only thing that worked for me.

1 Like

Hopefully it will pass!! I tryd everything and for me nothing worked! I did have bleeding gums throughout my entire pregnancy though which sucked!!
…once i hit 16 weeks the sickness was gone i never felt so good waking up free! All the best!

1 Like

Lemon heads or anything with citric acid worked for me. As well as zantac cuz I had ALOT of stomach acid. Over the counter meds need to be approved by doctor first because every pregnancy is different.

1 Like

B6 qnd unison taken at night saved my wife from the toilet lol

2 Likes

I kept fig newtons next to my bed and would eat one or two before bed and again before getting up.

1 Like

I would absolutely not take any prescription. Tough it out. Drink water and eat crackers

Sea bands worked for me! And hard candies

1 Like

Only thing that helped me was zofran, eating crackers of some kind seemed to help early in the morning too

2 Likes

Vitamin b6 + unisom! Saved my life :joy:

2 Likes

I was on a prednisone/zofran cocktail and that was the only way I could function. Also, during the day I kept these handy because they kept the pre-vomit watery mouth to a minimum

2 Likes

Try antacids, what helped me was eating ritz crackers before getting up in the morning and before meals, and chewing mint gum pretty often

1 Like

Nothing helped me I had to have a zofran prescription… good luck! Im finally to the second trimester it’s been so much better already.

1 Like

I had really bad morning sickness. Lost 15lbs in 2 weeks. I lived on crackers. Antinausea meds and soup

1 Like

Talk to your ob. They can prescribe something for the nausea. Beyond that I drink ginger ale or allow myself one caffeinated RC a day. It works for me.

1 Like

Ginger tea. Volcano vaporizer

1 Like

Lemon heads worked for me

1 Like

Peppermint essential oil. Use it on a clay bracelet also dab it on your temples and behind your ears

1 Like

A tea called Yerba Buena…works wonders

1 Like

Ginger snaps/ ginger ale /ginger tea /crackers

1 Like

I was sick for 9mnts with my first
But now the Dr will give you meds for that.Talk to your dr

1 Like

SEA BANDS LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE !
I’m 16 weeks and still use them

2 Likes

Keep saltines on your nightstand and before you get up, munch on a few! Morning sickness is hard to avoid for many but this helps, if you’re not waiting to use meds!

1 Like

I had severe morning sickness. 3 types of pills that barely worked. Just deep breaths if you can’t find anything that works. Don’t be afraid to go the er. You have to stay hydrated. If you throw up multiple times and nothing comes up, er to be safe. They will give you a shot that will let you be comfortable for a while. Only thing that helped me …

But I hope you don’t have to do all that!

1 Like

Lemons… Suck on lemons. It works. I did it when pregnant with my almost 3 year old, but crazy thing is, now shes allergic to lemons!!

1 Like

Watermelon will do magic😊

1 Like

DO NOT let your Dr prescribed zofran! It’s been proven to cause birth defects! I had really bad hyperemesis with my twins I lost 50 lb and ended up on feeding tubes because I could not keep anything down not even water.

1 Like

I kept a can of FLAT ginger ale and a pack of saltines by my bedside for first thing in the morning. Throughout the day, I was always sucking on crystalized ginger candy.

1 Like

Fresh Lemon juice from a fresh lemon

1 Like

Ginger or peppermint oil, smell it or put it on your wrists

1 Like

Saltine crackers…keep munching!

1 Like

Altoids and ginger ale

1 Like

I took chewable unisom tablets x)

1 Like

The only thing that helped me was b6 and benadryl. B6 4x a day and benadryl 2x a day

Sea bands. They work miracles…

Literally nothing helped me. I just had to ride it out😬

1 Like

Soda crackers at bedside before you get up in the am!

1 Like

Motherhood maternity sells lollipops for that!

1 Like

My dr told me to take b6 and unisom 4 x a day. Ask your doc for the paper that shows it

1 Like

Chewing on ice is the only thing that worked for me

1 Like

Don’t get pregnant :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Oddly enough, peanut butter always helped. Or Mt dew. Only time I drink soda is when I’m pregnant…and it has to be Mt dew.

1 Like

Try hard candy before you get up in the morning to get your blood sugar up it helped me alot

1 Like