What can I do for my 2-month-olds Eczema?

If you breast feed and have extra milk breast milk is said to have an ant inflammatory response. Put some in a tub with some oatmeal.

My son had a dairy allergy until he was 10 months old, and it gave him horrible eczema, after he turned 4 months I got sick of it going away and coming back, cam across a youtuber who mentioned her daughters eczema was from dairy, and took dairy out of her own diet since she was breastfeeding, so I started my son on Soy and now no rashes and oddly he can have dairy as far as I can tell, its only been a few weeks since putting him back on dairy.

Goat milk soap is the best

Oatmeal bath Aveeno lotion for eczema and udder butter are all things that work at different levels for my almost three-year-old

Find out what causing the the breakout, my sons were allergic to the clhorine in swimming pools it took a yr before I figured it out, my aunt told me take my sons to salt water ocean scrub there skin with the sand and make them swim… I kid you not the excema drastically dropped from my first trip to the tropics, be careful with the cortisone creams they do more damage then good it thins out the skin, the baby is just way to fragile for that

My granddaughter had eczema and I put ponds creams on the green top first for a few minutes and wash it off than the blue top cream twice a day this also works great for blushes and to make your skin beatiful and it realy works great

Clear baths, no bubbles and baby Aveeno x

I use organic coconut oil on my daughters ezcema and aquaphor for diaper area rashes (shes potty trained now but had break outs here and there. Shes had ezcema her whole life (shell be 4 in sept) we just try to keep it contained basically. Cocounut oil is great on her skin and helps her a lot. She also uses an lavendar amber/hazelwood infused bracelet that helps as well. We also go to the pool a lot during the summer.

Lotion every time you change the baby. When your baby has eczema they can never have too much moisture. I use aveno eczema.

The Camille beckman lotion works amazing. My eczema is gone with this lotion and other family members who have eczema use it too. They have different scents but the unscented works best for eczema. They also have different size lotions. We get the 32 oz which lasts a really long time but they have smaller sizes as well and definitely worth the money.

https://camillebeckman.com/collections/vitamin-e-unscented/products/glycerine-hand-therapy-32oz-vitamin-e-unscented

My son was born 12 weeks preme and had very sensitive skin , he developed eczema really bad by the time he was 8 months old .nothing worked I tried qv even prescription ointments . When he was 1 I took him to a naturopath and I was told to try paw paw ointment it cleared it up within a week.

I use epaderm also use plain baby bath with nothing in it I also found an aloe Vera gel worked aswll xx

I have had it since I was born. Humidity makes it worse so do some fabrics. I found a company that is called eczema honey. That cream has been the only relief I have ever really had. It. An be expensive but I had it it for over 9 months now and I haven’t even used 1/4 of it. Mine is all over both arms, both legs and my face.

I have used so many creams from the doctors and none worked. I then gave bathing my little one in child’s farm bath soak stuff and its cleared it right up. Summer is usually the worst time for it but her skin is so clear. :raised_hands:t2:

Vanicream. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!

Goat milk soap helped my son’s skin clear up.

1 Like

Oatmeal baths and fragrance free lotions worked for my daughter. She’s 11 now and still struggles with it and mostly in the winter.

Have them checked for food allergies mine had a dairy and rice allergy. It would flare him up. And we also went to a children’s dermatologist they prescribed a cream that works way better for him. Also get rid of Johnson’s and Johnson’s baby stuff get a eczema body and hair wash.

1 Like

My son has had it from birth. I would let him soak in a warm bath until he was wrinkled and pruney. Then slather him head to toe in plain unscented vaseline. Cover with pjs and it was always better in the morning. He hated it, but it worked! He’s 24 now. Said it itched terribly at first.

I have dealt with eczema most of my life. Read up on gut health and how it links to eczema. When my 1yr old was 3months we dealt with eczema too. I gave her probiotics and since she was breastfed I cut back on sugars and it’s been gone since.

My son is 5.5yrs old and has had severe eczema since he was 1. We eventually found out he has a dairy and corn allergy and it was causing his eczema to be out of control. He now does immunotherapy and has improved tremendously. (The immunotherapy is for his many outside allergies that were also severe).

1 Like

Oats in a sock in the bath, let the bath go milky. Pat them dry afterwards so they retain the oil.

2 Likes

I always costed my daughter down with Vaseline or aquaphor

I make a body butter for my son that’s organic and only use hypoallergenic laundry soap. We use Shea Moisture baby products and baby Aveeno sunblock for eczema. Most of the time you can’t even tell he has it and his doctor said he has the nicest skin of all her eczema kids!

I use Vaseline.

It clears up so many types of skin issues!

:blush:

We use Cetaphil Baby Lotion and then Vaseline on top on that after every bath. We also just use water to cleanse my kiddo’s skin and soap maybe every three to 4 baths.

Dream cream from Lush. Only thing that hasnt blistered my little boy even specially made creams havnt worked!

3 Likes

Try baby avenno lotion body products for eczema at target can be pricey but does really well. Do luke warm water for bath and apply lotion right after and right in the morning and thought the day if needed. Scent free everything body wash, soap, no scent item on baby it will cause flare up! Scent free Laundry detergent wash clothes by themself. Ask pediatrician for steroid cream for when baby has flares up. I let my baby sleep in light clothes if they get hot at night it will also cause flare up! Watch out for clothes like wool and rough outfits that will also break baby out. My daughter has mild some baby Can have it worst but I hope this help I promise once you do some research you will get it down. Also make sure baby doesn’t have milk protein intolerance you might need soy fomula make sure you check with pediatrician!

I used Cetaphil baby lotion and soap on my son when his flaired up when he was a few months old. He doesnt have it anymore, i just made sure to lotion him twice a day (morning and night).

A dermatoogist told me to stop using dryer sheets also we use free and clear laundry detergent

My babies had it bad from birth, my 2nd honestly looked like her feet at the ankles would fall off! I had to use a steroid cream from the doctors twice a day, day and night, which soothed it and made it less harsh but didn’t stop it spreading. I read up on child’s farm. Worked wonders, I use that to moisturise both now. If it’s bad, with every nappy change. No bubbles in the bath just water at bath time, I found this made it worse. I’ve tried aveeno, strong ointment the lot. This was the only one that worked for mine x

Ive heard of goats soap. Also sensative skin lotions, laundry soaps. My son couldnt even wear clothes washed with the baby laundry soap. Lavender also makes mine flare up so I cant use the sleepy time bath stuff on my new born cause if it makes contact it flares horribly. A dermatologists visit sounds like a needed visit soon.

This was the most amazing product we used on our kids when they were you younger and it worked the best!

1 Like

Probably an allergy. My daughter is sensitive to dairy which is very common and a trigger for her eczema. I rub organic coconut oil on her body everyother day when she has a bath and I wash her with burts bees and it keeps it under control (along with limiting dairy products) Good luck!

Eczema is usually a result of an underlying allergy or autoimmune disease. Give your child a bath 2x a day. Do not dry the affected area. Slather the affected with Vanicream. Wrap area with gauze. Put a layer of clothing over area. This allows the Vanicream to absorb and bake into the skin. This is a treatment used on pediatric patients with atopic dermatitis at National Jewish Health in Denver Colorado.

I tried everything for my daughter! This is the one that works the best for her. You have to watch as some of the creams and ointments will make their sensitive skin burn. This one does not burn. Good luck!

1 Like

My daughters have same issue. The dermatologist told us to use moisturizing cream (not lotion ever) many many times a day. The prescription creams help healing bad breakouts. Good luck Finding what works

My daughter has had eczema since she was born she is 6 years old now and has bad flare ups nearly every month and has steroids creams regularly … recently we have tried goats milk soap and it seems to be working for her … i would definitely recommend giving it a go !

They have aveno for babies that’s what I use on my 20 mo old and my 9yr old

We used coconut oil on my granddaughter.

I started using Glaxal Base cream for my psoriosis and exzema. It was recommended to me by a Dermatologist. It works great!! Poor little darlin. I hope you find something to reduce her flare ups.

Forty cure cream by LimeLife by Alcone!! It has a multitude of uses! This list is just a small sample of it uses! If interested. Get up with me and I can hook you up!!

Try dream cream by Lush! It cleared my kids eczema

1 Like

Check for dairy allergy. Me and my little one suffer from eczema. Dairy& soy makes it worse for us. Use plenty of moisturiser (unscented) a couple times a day if you can. Try not to use too much soap as it dries the skin! Eczema is an outward reaction to an inside problem such as an allergy x

Coconut oil! In the bath water and rubbed in after while skin is still wet. We went through the same thing and nothing worked, not even the specialty creams and lotions from mail order specialty pharmacies. And the steroids were awful and kept my son awake constantly. Coconut oil worked wonders and thankfully he grew out of it! Sometimes he gets an occasional spot on his skin in winter but when he was a baby it was head to toe.

Cerave helps our toddler’s.

We used Aveeno soap and bath oat meal for eczema and they have a night and day time lotion also cleared ours up we only have issues during the winter

Have them do a blood test for allergies. Yes it can be done that young.

My pediatrician told me there were no allergies because my son was gaining weight properly… got an allergist to order a blood test, my son has multiple allergies and the only indicator was eczema that wouldn’t heal and gas.

Pediatrician swore those were normal for his age but mommy instinct knew something was wrong

My good friend has a baby with SEVERE eczema and after trying all kinds of different prescribed medications she actually was informed by a specialized dermatologist that chlorine actually helps keep the skin clean and healthy- thats why swimmers rarely have skin problems- so he advised her to give her baby a bath once a week with a tablespoon of bleach and ever since she started it his skin is almost 75% clearer than from when she started!

We use baby aveeno but coconut oil or aloe Vera may work also

1 Like

Coconut oil , aquaphor

Change your laundry detergent and fabric softner to the free and clear. Use soap for sensitive skin on baby. Lotion that is fragrance and dye free. Also try some coco butter cream on the baby. This is how we cleared up my sons severe eczema

1 Like

Eucerin baby lotion and/or utter balm.

Try taking your little one to a dermatologist. Some even specialize in pediatric care.

We honestly just use lubriderm daily moisturizer. It’s the best!

Depends what baby bath soap you use . If you use Johnson try to switch to aveeno. The Johnson soap was causing that reaction with my baby and have used aveeno since his 2nd month of age and he has never gotten any skin reaction again hes 4 now.

I’ve had eczema my entire life! and gone through creams and creams!! I would recommend a dermatologist cause my doctor(s) wouldn’t help and my last doctor was like okay go to a dermatologist and found out I have a chemical reactions to daily products so if the creams you’ve dried works then doesn’t or they make it worse go to a dermatologist cause they special in skin conditions. If you want message me and I can tell you creams I’ve tried that help even for a babies skin!

Chamomile tea is great for eczema! Xx

Aveeno baby eczema cream

My daughter was allergic to the wash and lotion that was eczema specific but of the oats in it. After we switched her, the eczema went away

My daughter had this issue and it was from the sulfates in her soap. She was 3 before I figured it out. I am also with the milk/soy allergy. Eczema is the first sign of allergies.

Put breast milk on it

My 10 yo daughter always had very sensitive skin, couldn’t use aquaeoys cream or silcox base creams. We saw dermatologist who diagnosed combination of eczema/psoriasis, prescibed strong steroid medications. I found these very harsh and only short term

.sorry, i wasnt finished! From my own obsevations it seems more like seborheic dermatitis so found moogoo products much more helpful. Theres a wide range in all chemists

A friend of mine used Destin. She swore by it.

I have trued everything on my little one… doc suggested using cortisone cream during flare ups and using cetaphil pro eczema. This is literally the only thing that is helping ive tried Averno, mustella, johnson, qv, breast milk, oil, dove.

Hi. We got prescribed zeroveen which worked so well within hours! We currently use zeroveen and e45 for our sons eczema.

I use Blistex for mine

We use aveeno baby lotion after bath. Works great and the eczema went away within a couple days

1 Like

I’ve always used Aveeno baby Eczema therapy since mine was just a few months old (he’s almost 2 now) and I’ve used it everyday since, no spots have came back.

1 Like

Try Penaten, don’t use that cream they give you because it’s a skin thinner or something. My son has bad eczema too and none of those creams worked. It’s 8.00 and can be bought at Walmart

Aveeno eczema lotion is the only thing that worked for all my kids

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s still around, but Gentle Naturals worked within hours for my daughter and nephew. It’s OTC.

My son has always suffered with eczema and we’ve found that the child farm bathing product and moisturiser works really well, he hasn’t had a flare up in a couple of years since using them

1 Like

I’m a mom to 4 and 2 of my boys have eczema I’ve tried every cream the doctors have gave me for them nothing worked so I remembered my nana use to use Vaseline on me with my eczema so I decided to try it with my boys… It was a miracle I still to this day use it for my boys as well as myself.

1 Like

Hydrocotizone for itchiness, and plain vasoline after baths and in the morning. Bathing only 2-3 times a week.

Both of my boys have eczema. We do allergy pills daily plus a bazillion applications of unscented undyed lotions. Warm or cool baths pat dry. Lots of water through out the day. Use the cream just long enough for the flair up to go away. Sun will help some but do not be in the sun a lot with the steroid cream on because it has the potential to bleach the skin

Real coconut oil worked on my little lady

Bend Soap Company has amazing soap and other things for relief of eczema!

Oatmeal baths. When my daughter was a baby I would cry with how bad hers was. Oatmeal baths calmed it. And the doctor gave me a steroid cream for when it was really bad.

1 Like

My mom would just slather me with Aveeno every couple hours :joy:

My son suffers from eczema but recently I have been adding Epsom salts to his bath and thankfully no flare ups

Cetaphil baby eczema cream works great for my little one!

Organic medical grade aloe vera.

2 Likes

Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Balm

Cetaphil baby and aquaphor works like a charm!

Tea tree oil and100% coconut oil mixed together tea tree oil needs a carrier oil for it to for it to work

Eucerin eczema relief and hydrocortisone

Calmomine lotion or sudocreme

Eucrisa is the best! And it has No steriods!!!

Change your laundry soap

1 Like

Ezecma honey

Give baby a bath in aveeno oatmeal bath, mix hydrocortisone and lotion together and apply after bath! My pediatrician recommended this to me for my oldest daughter and it worked! Also if you are breast feeding, breast milk soothes the eczema as well!

put him in a cool bath with baking soda, for 15 minutes, don’t rub him dry ,just pay if needed. Then a good lotion

Aveeno cream the green one! I tried SO many prescriptions and then tried this and it’s the ONLY thing that cleared my little ones up

My lg has eczema has done since she was a baby she’s tried lots of creams of the doctor she now has Aveeno and stuff to go in the bath also steroid cream wen it flares up. I’ve heard child’s farm is good aswell xx

I used aveno oatmeal baths, cut out all Johnson and Johnson bath stuff. Dr. Told me it’s too drying. Switched to dove sensitive skin body wash and switched laundry detergent to arm and hammer sensitive skin too. Turns out everyone in my house minus myself has sensitive skin and perfumes and things set off the exzema in all of them🙄 good luck, it can be a lot of trial and error

My son was the same had it real bad and the cream the doctor gave did nothing, I used Aveeno and it worked wonders!

Aquaphor, rub on after baths instead of lotion

Childs Farm moisturiser x