What can I do for my baby who has RSV?

My 5 month old is sick and miserable…pretty sure she has RSV. Wat can I do for her to help with the symptoms?

2 Likes

Take her to doctor they probably can’t do anything really because baby is so young run the shower and let baby breathe in the the steam and on nap times let baby sleep in baby swing or bouncey seat so she/he can breathe good luck hope he/she feels better soon

1 Like

I recommend taking your baby to a pediatrician. I would also use a cool mist humidifier

5 Likes

First take her to a pediatrician. they can prescribe her some medicine.
When my son had rsv, he had to do breathing treatments as well as take medicine.
Also other things that can help is steam baths and function her nose.
Definitely make her an appointment as soon as you can because rsv can turn from mild to worse.

2 Likes

Get your baby seen by a doc! My oldest spent many months in and out of hospital between 6 months and 1 year of age. It’s not something to mess with

3 Likes

You might want to get her checked though.I had RSV & Bronchitis together barely getting over it. It was rough & not a good feeling. I can only imagine how a baby feels. I use to have a steamy shower going when my lil one was sick. I’d have to carry him or sit in with him to have him drained all his congestion.

1 Like

RSV can range from minor to very serious. I’d take her to be seen at her pediatrician or an urgent care.

3 Likes

When my oldest was around 5/6 months old her pediatrician had me give her a very minut amount of children’s mucinex. Maybe ask about that

Call her pediatrician for guidance

Go to emerg department as it can take months to see a pediatrician. When in emerg ask if you can have a pediatrician from their department to have a look at your baby.

1 Like

Definitely see a doctor. Things can get severe pretty fast. My son has had it twice. He went from being fine all morning, then waking up from his afternoon nap to coughing non stop, had shallow breathing, crackling noises in hus chest and very high fever. He needed 2 different inhalers to ensure he could breathe. Very scary.

1 Like

I’d definitely have her checked out. Buy a baby booger sucker and keep getting out the gook

Take her in to a Dr. a.s.a.p

1 Like

Take her to the Dr ASAP my mom is currently in the hospital with rsv and it can be deadly if not treated asap and follow all Dr instructions

See a doctor, use a humidifier, and cut up a onion and put it under her bed.

Take your child to a Doctor. A young age like this can cause major problems for the child even death. Don’t wait. Small children don’t have a good immune system

Take your baby to the doctor. RSV is dangerous for infants.

1 Like

Make a tent in crib with cool mist vaporizer

Your baby needs to be seen by the Dr asap. RSV can lead to serious complications.

Humidifier or steam up the bathroom

Look into placing potato or onion on the soil of her foot with sock over it. These 2 items pull out the bacteria/infection. Old wives tale and works everytime…

If you suspect rsv, doctor asap. You don’t treat rsv at home, they usually need breathing treatments and such to help.

See a doctor, because thinking your pretty sure your baby has RSV and knowing for a fact are two different things, see a doctor!!

My youngest daughter had RSV, pneumonia, and bronchiolitis was hospitalized for 9 days she was 3 weeks old. I’d take them in to a dr or pediatrician

You don’t just think your baby has rsv and try to treat at home. Get that baby to a Dr.

3 Likes