What can I do for my childs kanker sore?

I need some help!. My Lil guy (3) has a kanker that is really bugging him, and I don’t know how to get rid of it. I know normally, you gurgle some lukewarm saltwater, but he won’t even take a sip. is there anything else I can do for him?

3 Likes

Crush a tums and put it on there when he goes to bed. Will be gone IN The morning

2 Likes

You can buy over the counter kanker sore stuff.

Get Kanka, you can get it at Walmart or Walgreens. It works wonders.

Wet your finger, dip it in baking soda and dab on the canker sore. do it at least twice a day. the PH in in heals it.

Mix about 5ml of Benadryl and 5 ml of mylanta and have him swirl it in his mouth. Then spit out. Do it like 3 times a day. Or use a qtip and put some of the mixture over the sore

As long as child can swish and spit, we use equal parts of liquid benadryl and maalox. Relieves pain and promoted healing.

1 Like

Milk on a regular basis is what the dr told me. It neutralizes the acids.

1 Like

Milk of magnesia, I just use a q-tip and dap it on the canker sore. Works great and heals faster

1 Like

My son use to get kanker sores a lot… I thought it was because of the excessive amounts of ketchup he eats. But his dentist told me it was due to something in the toothpaste we were using. Colgate. Recommended me switching his toothpaste to ‘Toms of Maine’, and it’s made a big difference.

1 Like

This is what I use for my kids (ages 3 and 4)

If you wanna do a simple salt water soak just put him in a salt water bath with some wash cloths to play with and see if you can get him to “wash” his own face with the salt water rag

1 Like

I grew up with terrible canker sores due to immune system problems and I used alum powder for as long as I could remember. You make a paste out of it and dab it on, it shrinks them up quickly!
I believe it can be used on any age but might want to double check :blush:

2 Likes

Oragel worked for us as well! I brushed his teeth after he ate and used oragel it took about 3 days

Colidial silver. Save if ingested and heals mine up in 2 days.

1 Like

Ambosel gel. Works wonders. Had deep canker sores while i was pregnant. Used tht. Gone within a day. Safe to swallow

Add a little bit of baking soda in a cup of water and have him wash his mouth with that works fast

1 Like

My little guy whose 7, gets them all the time. We do silver water. He will squish it around a couple times a day and drink some too. Seems to help. He has sensitive taste buds so its hard to do anything else for him.

I just used the oral meds for them my daughter gets them alot for some reason

Yogurt helps to heal it faster! I have had them all my life (I’m 40) and yogurt and salt water is the best! Since he’s young I’d try the yogurt and see if he will let it sit in his mouth or swish it around.

My daughter got these all the time, Dr. had her use Glyoxide its over the counter. Works really good

Use any type of stomach liner medicine (age appropriate!) And rub it on, acts as a liquid bandaid!

They make a like orajel substance for Lanier sores called Kanka something they used to sell it at dollar generals/ family dollar. It makes pretty much just numbs it and helps it heal.

Crush a baby aspirin and dab it on the sore and let it set and dissolve on the sore. Usually takes a few dabs.

Eek, poor bug. My daughter gets them from time to time. Besides the salt water trick I’m not really sure what you can do. The dentist did tell me that by the time they’re at their worst they’re usually only a day out from healing. I know that doesn’t help you but maybe a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Use Arm and Hammer toothpaste. Daughter and granddaughter get them a lot but now they use A/H. Hardly get them anymore. Another toothpaste is Shane but it is $$

3 Likes

The have a chapstick that is specifically for kanker sores at Walgreens it $6 and works amazing

Dab Maalox on it. Will help it to heal and take some pain away. Peroxide, reduces the pain and helps to heal. Ambesol for really painful ones prior to meals. Avoid acidic foods. Could be do to low b12.

Canphanec fast dry it’s in a tube put some on there it taste nasty have him spit not swallow and in 3 to 5 days gone do it 3 to 4 times a day

Try putting some of that tooth numbing stuff on it

Ditto ^ put alum on it

1 Like

Try hunny, it has healing properties and is an antibiotic.

1 Like

Kanka relief, it numbs and protects to heal.

1 Like

Anbesol…rub it on with your finger.

Salt to reduce healing time. Ice for comfort.

1 Like

Lysine tablets work wonderful

Orajel for babies. It’s typically used for teething, but can be used for other mouth issues.

Have you googled it. They are good. Just ask for home remedies for mouth ulcers

Warm saltwater, or even just rinsing the mouth frequently. Avoid acidic beverages such as juice or soda and Tylenol for pain as needed

I’ve found the peroxide based mouthwashes work the best at clearing those up quicker, like one that helps with healing

Just give him food that are less likely to bother it, nothing acidic or salty. I don’t believe you can make them go away faster and salt water would just be to make sure it’s clean which shouldn’t be necessary unless it’s starting to look infected

When i was little my dad just had me dab salt directly onto the sore. Stung like a b but it went away pretty fast after.

1 Like

What’s a kanker? Is this a UK thing?

Salt water rinse and spit or put salt directly on it… stings but gets rid of it way faster. Or you can find cream for it at like walmart

1 Like

Call the doctor he should tell you

20 drops of peppermint oil, 8 drops of eucalyptus oil and a few tablespoons of olive oil, place in a container, dab on with a qtip.

Look up home remedies on Pinterest.

First stop using toothpaste that has sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) in it. I have two kids that would get horrible canker sores when they were little. As soon as I took them off toothpaste that has SLS in them and started having them wash there mouthwash out with salt water 3 times a day. They healed super fast after that.

Dab Milk of Magnesia on it. My son used to get them and the Dr said to give him zinc to promote healing

Ask your pediatrition what is recommended for his age-could be a particular vitamin with a gummy chew-there’s several overthe counter items but may have age restrictions since your child is young & has an immature immune system.

1 Like

Have my kids put Mylanta on it.

Get him in to see a Dr. and see if the Dr. has any suggestions.

Alum or pickling salt. It’s natural but it will burn for a few seconds at first. Better than any other remedy I’ve found

Rub liquid benadryl with a qtip on it… helps numb.

Maalox Max. Tell him it’s magic mouth wash. It will coat the sore for a bit. Trust me it really works.

1 Like

Use peroxide on a Qtip.

It’s called bring him to his doctor and make sure that’s what it is an not herpes. There are different forms of herpes that’s why I am saying to bring him to his doctor to make sure u know what you are dealing with and treating. Herpes is a virus that can be transmitted to another person in many different ways not just sexually…

Zinc will help clear it quickly. However he could very likely have what it called herpes Zovirax and might need a round of antivirals called acyclovir.