What can I do if I don't like my daughters new friend?

Kids who visit my home know my rules. No closed doors. You don’t pick on or ignore younger siblings. Etc. They know my house. My rules. My discipline. I’m not a parrot. I do not repeat myself. If I even hear a negative comment they can call their parents or walk home. They may not have rules and guidelines at their homes. But I do and they will respect it

I’ve never had a problem though. I’ve had other people’s kids tell me they wish they had this rule or that rule at their home.

8 Likes

Just to say it not all single parent homes have issues like this and there are plenty of two parent married households that are dysfunctional

5 Likes

Maybe just wait and let nature takes it course. Ya know, maybe the longer she hangs with her she’ll see her true colors and eventually not want anything to do with her. Her friend seems very troubled and negitive. Every household has its own way and rules or not. Don’t change your ways!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

I would make is known to the single parent and also the board of education or the school they attend involves the councilor of the school this is a venerable age mu daughter is 11 she has great red flag and tells me what happens

Trust you gut and protect your daughter. Praying for a solution! :pray:

5 Likes

You can talk to the school and switch her class. I had to move classes in 5th grade also because a teacher and a group of kids legitimately ganged up on me and constantly harassed me. I’d tell the other child’s parent about what was said. I’d also ground the child from electronics for awhile because she may have cried to get out if trouble. I know I faked crying multiple times as a child to get out of trouble.

3 Likes

Very normal for kids to not want siblings around, the swearing? She’s 10 that’s when they wanna try and act all cool and tuff, sounds like your blaming EVERYTHING on the other kid, for all you know your daughters had it in her for a while and just let loose, otherthan the mention of running away it all sounds like a TYPICAL 10 year old, however " when my daughter was 6 she packed her backpack with her all her barbies and told her brother she was running away😂, her saying that doesn’t nessasarily mean she wants to, all talk

3 Likes

I would separate this girl from your daughter and limit contact …

4 Likes

As a parent you pretty much know your child. If you are seeing a change and it’s only when she’s around this person, I’d limit her interaction with her. Children at that age go through stuff. Bad influences are not someone I would want my child to be around but they have to learn for themselves. Speak with your child.

5 Likes

Maybe you should talk to the other little girl and see if she needs help or if something is wrong. She clearly doesn’t have the same home life your daughter has and instead of blocking her out. You never know what she’s been through, she may act like that for a reason, my best advise is to include and invite her over more… maybe she needs love?

9 Likes

We’re talking about 10 year olds here?

1 Like

Growl her let her know what and what not you tolerate

2 Likes

I would have ( and have done) a discussion on personality types and potentially trauma, or personality disorders. Without judgement. I would ask my sons if that seems like someone they knew, I’d offer to help the other other child, and encourage my child to see the system that often comes with a child. We discuss motives ‘why do you think they would be saying /doing that?’ And it usually has the effect of making my children separate from the clutches and assess the situation and anticipate the next actions of the person. Training your children to understand and operate with others without losing themselves is important. Your child needs to understand manipulation- but you become anchored in their story by accepting and not judging.
As for siblings I cannot think why meanness is acceptable, I think that ‘more not less’ is my way to fix these issues. ‘You really hurt your brother when said/did that, and when you’re older and wiser- it will hurt you to remember it- how are you going to heal him so you can be safe from carrying it around later?’
Well, that’s what I do - if the little girl is manipulative- then you will free your child from being manipulated- if she is in trauma, then maybe you could help her flourish too. I also would have those conversations with them both together, that way there are no secrets left.

1 Like

Sounds pretty simple to me, cut off the friendship

2 Likes

The fact this is the second time, I would not allow my daughter around her. You do not want this to continue as she gets older because it WILL get worse. It is our duty as a parent to raise them right. You state how you feel about how you do not want them to be friends, and if she continues to do so behind your back, do you have means to have her go to another school? If so do it. These are red flags that you are encountering. I always keep my eye out for these. I refuse to have anyone influence my daughter in a way that isn’t true to who she is. And you obviously feel the same. You stand up mama. Nip this in the butt quickly

She is in 5th grade, you still have a lot more control than you’re exercising.

4 Likes

Just know you are not alone, I have also went through this with both of my kids. I also remember being there age growing up, some of my friends didn’t have it as great as I did and so I made my life look miserable just so they didn’t fill alone. Definitely never stop checking in with your kids looks through their stuff. ( Also your stuff because you are probably paying the bill for it) Honestly my best advice is to just be open and honest with your children as much as possible especially if you expect them to do that with you, because at the end of the day they will respect you more if they know you don’t hide things from them (to an extent).Always let them know that you are a comfort zone for them and they can come to you with anything.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion: So I’ve never been in the business of picking my kids friends. We went through pretty much the same thing. I addressed it and eventually gave facts and choices and I left it alone. He came to the realization before he had to learn the lesson. We are raising human beings and it’s ok to let them make decisions. At then end of the day she will learn the lesson and hold it close or make her own decision and move along. Sometimes too many hands in the pot gets everyone dirty.

5 Likes

Don’t let her hang out with her outside of class

1 Like

Ask teacher not to let them sit next to each other

1 Like

WOWWWWW bashing a 10 yr old child!!!
I think some of you “mothers” need to grow the eff up too!!! :unamused::rage:

4 Likes

You could go to the school and request that your daughter be put in another class. My daughter seemed to be attracted to the bad girls until her new was suspended from school and reality hit.

3 Likes

Get a new hobbie stop being a mean lady.

Step in and limit the damage.
Yes,one ’ wrong’ friend can cause a huge negative spiral.
It feels weird to come between friends but focus on the larger picture.
We have to keep kids grounded in family values,not let other’s baggage bring them down.
Good luck.

7 Likes

Copy that
Purnima purohit
Agree with her
Talk to ur daughter
See that she stays away from her

1 Like

Maybe see if you can move her to a new class. Let your daughter know she’s not welcome in your house and explain your reasoning. Try to invite her other friends over, have sleepovers, movie nights make it a big deal maybe she might forget that girl!!

2 Likes

Time to cut off that friendship before you really have trouble

3 Likes

I would be very concerned about the running away part ,this girl may have some serious issues at home,have you met this girl’s mother

11 Likes

Pull her from the class

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-can-i-do-if-i-dont-like-my-daughters-new-friend/13317

Switch her classroom. She sounds like one of those kiddos that doesn’t want you to be friends with anyone else but them. I would worry about her being minipulated or taught to be distrustful. Good luck, 10 is hard, I watched my niece deal with similiar situations.

5 Likes

Have the girl over. Sit her down with your daughter and tell her that your child has certain expectations/rules. If she cannot act in a way that allows your daughter to meet those expectations and follow the rules that they will not be allowed to spend time together. Also, explain to her that in your house/around your family she is subject to those same rules and expectations.

Maybe she doesn’t have any expectations at home and you providing some will make her step up her game and be a better person. If not, then it’s time for her to go.

42 Likes

Oh mama this is a tough situation but you have got this. Sounds like this kid is a “misery loves company” kind. You have an amazing opportunity to show how a family can be loving and healthy and have fun. Be a good example and include that kid in every fricking thing! Baking cookies, cleaning the garage, holidays, laid back chill out days. Make it an alllll family thing. If I have learned anything it would be that kids crave boundaries, they like to know where they stand and some need encouragement to grow. She seems to know how to seclude, maybe it’s time she know how to be included.

17 Likes

I couldn’t even read all of this! First off, you’re bad mouthing the single mom because you think, what, you two parent household is better than this child’s? If your daughter is bad mouthing anyone, there’s a reason. Probably you and your overbearing tendencies! I grew up I a house like this. I lied all the time to get away from my shit family. Guess what, they’re still shit and I have no relationship with them. But, go ahead and keep pushing you daughter away. Don’t bother asking her what’s going on Bc you clearly just want to control her and produce a figment of your imagination, regardless of her wants or needs!!

44 Likes

Get to know the girls mother- invite her over for coffee, see how her daughter acts with her own mum there…. Perhaps this girl is envious of your daughters household situation….

8 Likes

Some thoughts —>
Even though you have a young daughter I do think that she has to learn to stand up for herself; as a parent you provide guidance and boundaries to help them learn as they mature; however, you have to ensure that she feels empower to follow through her decisions as well as you are building her self esteem; so trying to understand if the new friend might be showing her ways to test your home boundaries and/or express suppress rebellion is a start - as I read you have a healthy communication with your daughter, so trying to understand why this friend is someone your daughter finds either mysterious, cool, affectionate or needy… and whether she is either afraid or feels bad to unfriend her; remember in school the kids dynamics can be complex, but as this scenarios can continue to occur, you helping your daughter recognize behaviors and unhealthy people is a true win for both of you.

If you decide to confront this new friend and/or change classes, then there is a possibility that they just start keeping their friendship a secret, and for sure you don’t want that to happen, so think through what kind of conversation/ reactions you want to have.

You might want to try, if there is a single parent situation, whoever is the parent gender that is lacking at home to just have a chat with both of them, it might be a matter of attention.

If your gut feeling is telling you something- keep your daughter super busy after school and weekends for at least 3 months, reducing the amount of time they have to interact might slowly make her just move on to a new person.

In my personal experience, I had a friend like this, I used to get in trouble a lot with my mom; but this friend made me feel important and seen, and I realized that is all I wanted; I was going about it all wrong, but I did have some situations that I wished I would’ve had the strength to walk away from, but as I was doing all kind of sports and got into JROTC, our friendship faded; and everyone around me would tell me she was a bad influence, but I felt that it made her all that more lonely… ( I hope this kind if helps) :four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

Definitely contact the counselor at the school about the issue, you dont know what is happening in the girls home.

1 Like

Honestly everyone is telling u to break up this friendship what happens if this friend is crying for help? Maybe the situation at her home is really bad. Maybe it’s something that might need to be looked into.
Be that second mom. The mom the girl really needs. That she might want to run away to ur house.
I have a second mom like that I mostly lived at their house most of teenage age life. I’m 35 and still talk to this woman and call her mom. Her daughter and I are still best friends.

Everyone keeps saying pull ur daughter from that class. Ur daughter needs to know how to handle situations. Not run from them and how to handle their emotions.
This is were we have the problem with kids now days is they don’t know how to handle tough situations.
It’s fine line of balance. Of guidance protect them.

5 Likes

Try and talk to the friends parent and see if they can be understanding and mature enough to have a conversation with you atleast, maybe sit down with the parent and both girls so they know it’s OK to talk about feelings xxx

2 Likes

Pull her from this class and transfer into another. Have her work on boundaries, practice role-playing with appropriate responses to have her being more comfortable with asserting healthy boundaries.

2 Likes

Kids were pressuring my daughter like that and I pulled her from school and am now homeschooling her. She is 7 and they keep trying to get her to make out with boys. Get your daughter some counseling because you never know some of the things that happened when they were alone that your daughter could be traumatized by. Find a play therapist. And if you feel the need, move her to another class. Do what ever you have to do to keep your daughter safe.

9 Likes

I would just keep doing what your doing, encouraging her good behavior more, and keeping an open understanding line of communication open. Hopefully it will help. Hang in there momma♥️ it sounds like your being proactive and doing a great job!

3 Likes

It absolutely is grooming. That is not a kid with innocent intentions.

4 Likes

Actually yes this is grooming! The other girl may not even realize she is doing it and is a learned behavior. I

14 Likes

I don’t think the little girl is grooming her. She doesn’t have parental supervision herself. Some kids, act different some friends. Be influences. Put a stop to the friendship. Express the concern to the school. Maybe they can switch your childs class etc.

Screenshot ALL msgs and show them to the girls mother when you get a chance. Just let her know you’re not there to start trouble and you want them to be friends but the foul mouths and adult dreaming has got to go! I’d be worried sick if my 9 yr old daughter was talking like that. Yikes! I’d have a talk with my daughter and let her know that if she can’t be nice to her siblings it will come back to her eventually. Take her phone!! Because you didn’t raise a rude mouth. We track our kids phones and can lock them at anytime.

1 Like

Life is full of bad influences. You cannot avoid them all. Now is a good time to really reinforce moral, integrity, respect and grit in her. And trust me, they start changing after 10. Kids are maturing at an unreasonable age these days and we just have to try to keep up as best we can and guide them in the right direction. Keep pressing her staying true to herself.

2 Likes

On another note from what I commented earlier. People have the misconception of human trafficking being something in other countries or in movies. It’s not. It is in our backyards. And it starts with kids recruiting other kids. Encouraging the bad behavior to isolate them from their family. Also w emotional attachment and gifts so on. She is manipulating your daughter. If not for her benefit for someone else’s. This other girl sound like she has issues no doubt. But she may be a victim herself. Victims usually don’t know any better and continue whats been done to them. Reach out to the school resource officer.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s not so simple.
Maybe there’s something going on behind the scenes .
Can you talk to the girl? Both girls at the same time
Girls mum? Everyone all together
They are only ten and this is gonna be one of the first ‘girl’ battles you’re gonna have as a mama.

2 Likes

I would honestly try to make her more a part of the family. Kids crave family. Especially one of a single mother (my mom was) there is a void that could easily
Be filled and it would change a lot. Be nice to her. Invite her to movie nights, pizza nights, etc etc do lots as a family and allow your daughter to include her.

3 Likes

Not that I can be of much help since my children are older than you. I do remember a time my daughter (around the same age) decided on her own that some of her friends were heading in a direction she wasn’t comfortable with, it was alcohol related. She decided to start frequenting these friends less and less, I never said anything one way or the other, but I was proud that she saw something was wrong and walked away from it. As hard as it may seem, try to appear neutral about this girl and let her think she’s coming to the right decision by herself. She seems like a strong girl and has been raised with compassion and love, I’m guessing this girl will cross the line too far and your daughter may just cool the friendship on her own. Try your best to have them have most of their free time together at your house so you can be there to step in if needs be.

That’s your daughter, not the friend. If she does everything the friend says, that’s on her.
It’s quite possible that the friend has autism and is very uncomfortable with eye contact, and maybe gets overwhelmed when there’s a lot of kids present.
It’s also possible, like someone said above, that that this child is envious over your daughter’s living situation.
Maybe this child is being abused.

The friend is toxic keep your daughter away from her,jealousy could be playing its part aswell,I feel sorry for your daughter being in school year with her,probably caused a lot of trouble with others in the past.

My daughter does this, she is totally different for me when she’s not talking to her friends, and when she starts talking to them she is so mean towards me and her siblings and cusses. I know how you feel. My daughters friends is always trying to get her to do or say stuff she wouldn’t normally do. I raised her with respect but she is horrible to people when she talks to her friends

My rule for my daughters in this situation was you can be friends at school but she is not allowed at your house and no more texting. Because really even if you change classroom there is always lunch or recess . What you have control of is your daughter and your homes safety!

1 Like

Trust your gut, you feel like something is off, then it probably is. Because of the running away texts, I would cut their relationship off right now. And then I would ask for a classroom transfer. Your daughter may be mad at first, but she’ll get over it

1 Like

at this age, a lot of kids, especially girls, friends become their biggest influences instead of family like when they were younger. i was a girl who went thru this with friends that made me think my family wasnt good enough, i treated my family badly bc of it and made horrible decisions as well. it shaped who i was going to be friends with and my attitude. i was a follower and looking to bond and be accepted by these friends. i dont know why. i had loving parents and an amazing home life.
take it from me- nip it in the bud right now. do what u need to do to get ur daughter away from this other child.
im sure the other child has her own story and is worthy of someone taking the time to look out for her and help her- but right now your priority is YOUR child.
some Girls at this age make bad choices. hormones are taking over and sometimes they need help to be guided and see things clearly. i know i did. and if i would have been, a lot of things that were caused from that original ripple effect wouldnt have happened.
good luck mama. protect ur baby

My 10 year old granddaughter says, " this girl is an immediate bad influence on the daughter. Mom should take her phone away so they can’t text each other until you work things out. She should change classrooms to limit possible disruption in class because of their misbehavior. Talk to the girls mother so she knows what is going on. She may know something as to why the girl may be acting out. You may be able to help the girl.

My stepdaughter’s post is how I found this. I have mixed feelings about switching classes. If you do, it needs to be before school starts. Not sure if anyone’s mentioned this but be alert to the possibility that if the girl is rejected, she may viciously turn on your daughter. And if this problem kid is part of a clique, then if your daughter stops being her friend, they may all gang up on her.

I would tell your daughter to just ignore the girl, not to be mean but just tell her that you cannot be friends. Also maybe contact the teacher to let her know whats going on too.

My friend is contacting the parent of the kid that called her daughter feo (ugly in spanish) and fat. I have nothing good to say about that teacher so facebook filters out my true feelings.

Def change classrooms to limit time. I would explain to your daughter. Some friends arent worth having.

4 Likes

its time for the friend to hit the road​:facepunch:not a good influence.your daughter is young.i went thru this shit 12 urs ago with mine.i fought n fought to prevent it then she got childrens services involved and that was game over.i lost my daughter because i tried to steer her away from negative influences.now shes struggling with addictions.2 kids.a lost mom.an absolute wonderful active dad tho thats a plus.:pray:.childrens services took all my power away.she was abused in foster care.now to this day blames it all on me​:disappointed_relieved:tread carefully tho.my daughter lied to get her way.it was hell and still is now dealing with her addictions​:disappointed_relieved:i know theyre kids but trust me THEY ARE CLEVER ASF…good luck to you​:pray::purple_heart::pray:

I’d be getting her out of that classroom and transfered to the other fifth grade class. Show the other child’s parent the messages. If the parent does not care, then I’d simply stop my daughter from hanging out with her from there on. I’d maybe even call cps cause if their mom is leaving them home alone, that’s unacceptable- especially if they are under age and it sounds like the girls siblings are underage if her mom is having her watch them.

You are not your child’s friend! You are the parent and you are doing what parents do. Stay on top of this or you will have a unruly teenager on your hands. Yes the girl is a bad influence and all kids think their home life is terrible til they are out in the real world. She’s 10 so keep doing what you are doing. Believe me one day she will be grateful she had a parent that worried about her. You just gotta survive til then lol. Keep communication so she feels comfortable talking to you.

1 Like

Change her classroom if you can, I did this with one of my sons and a friend of his.

Tell her what happens to people that are doing what she does 10 years into the future. See if she likes the idea of what could happen. Show her photos of broken homes etc. Vs. What she is thinking one is. Use reality.

Yeah I’d contact her parents and go from there, change classrooms there in together & keep your eyes and ears open, don’t allow them to go any place together without an adult, no doors shut etc

Imagine thinking the introvert was the problem not you the overbearing mother

People should read all of it before judging. shes asking for advice not criticism

Make sure the teacher/ school is aware of the situation before something happens.

Take your daughter out of that class other wise you well really have you hands full

It’s good that your daughter was able to recognize that her “friend” isn’t really a friend after all. That’s going to happen a lot as kids grow up, so it’s better to learn early that many people out there ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND. There’s lots of users out there, unfortunately😔, and I don’t see that changing any time soon. I would definitely keep her away from the other girl, just in case. Not sure what’s going on in the other girl’s household, but she sounds predatory, and that kind of talk and subject matter for a 10 year old just doesn’t sit right with me. Makes me concerned for what goes on in the other household, tbh….

4 Likes

You know what to do girl! You get that friend away because she’s not really a friend.

Have the teachers switch her class and just keep her cut from her

I just would no longer alow her in my home and talk to her mother …I don’t think it has anything to do with being a single parent house hold as I am and one thing .y kids no have is respect for other adults … maybe not me so much but definetly other adults xxxx

1 Like

You can do a meeting at the school and request that they be separated I had to do that for my oldest daughter who was getting bullied by her younger cousin who was in her class

Explain to principal and one of them be put in another class.

Ask the school for the class change but this child needs to be shut down. She would not be coming to my house and im not sure what communication channels a 10 year old even has but she would not be having this little girl on there anymore. Shut it down now before it gets worse.

2 Likes

Maybe get her involved in activities that will use her time so she can’t spend time with this girl. I’d put a kabosh to this, that the girls behavior in unacceptable and bc she is allowed to act that way your daughter is not and groundings etc need to be put in place ten?? And liking girls or boys ugh these are young kids you’re on the right track about her being older good luck and is suggest get dad involved with the bad treatment of you and the siblings and it won’t be tolerated

I would definitely talk to the school about maybe switching your daughter to a different class. Also I would reach out to the parent of the other girl and explain your feelings on the situation and that u feel it is best that if their friendship is to continue they can hang out in at your home and to explain to their child that the rules and expectations of your house hold should be respected and followed. It is a hard situation but sometimes as parents we have to nip things in the ass before it gets to out of hand. I went through this with my 11 year old last year. Sadly his dad didn’t notice the signs quick enough and we ended up in a very scary bad situation with how our son was being. The other kids had finally pushed him so far into the bad side of things he became very mean and when he would have enough of being picked on by said “friends” for being to nice or a good kid. Threats started being made. From other kids which lead to our son making suicidal threats on himself. Its not easy and the kids may not like how u handle it. But please momma for the sake of your child follow your gut and do what YOU feel is necessary and right.

Tbh i would not let her hang around her and id request that she be put in a different class

Trying to keep them apart is going to stick them together like glue.

This girl isn’t “grooming” your daughter. Your daughter obviously is attracted to this girl and they want to be together. You don’t just get groomed into being bisexual or lesbian. She may be a bad influence, but you may also be making something out of nothing. Also, hold your daughter accountable in your eyes, you can’t put everything off on this new girl.

This girl sort of sounds like she has undiagnosed autism - issues with eye contact, wanting people away from her ect. She may have social anxiety or just not feel comfortable around you guys. If you’re feeling some kind of way about this girl I’m sure she can pick up on it. Some of us are socially awkward.

I can’t tell you how many friendships I lost because I was shy and awkward, and parents would judge me and say I’m a bad influence when they didn’t know a damn thing about me. I wasn’t a bad influence and I didn’t have behavior issues, I just didn’t know what to say.

A safe and loving home doesn’t automatically mean all of her needs are met. She is likely struggling with lack of contact with her mother and self esteem issues like most kids that age. If you took a bit to get to know her and have a chat, maybe do fun girl stuff with the 3 of you together, you’d find a good girl under the exterior.

I’d make SURE you’re daughter never hangs out with this other child again. Inform the school of what’s been happening and tell them your concerns and that you’d like to have her switched IMMEDIATELY to another class for when she starts school

If she even thinks the girl is a bad influence then the girl needs to go. Call the school, explain the situation if needed, & maybe they will move her to a different class.

Goodbye friend :wave:t3::wave:t3::wave:t3:

Call the school switch her out the class

Change classes. And monitor the relationship closely.

Sending hugs hope it all works out

Get rid of the friend asap

Ask for a classroom transfer

Ban the girl immediately!!!

1 Like

Ask the school for a class change if possible

5 Likes

I had inform my school counselling department and ask for help. In such cases both the kids and their parents require counselling. And if things still doesnt improve, i had change class school or whatever to make sure my child is brought up with the best of manners and behavior. After all we are their guardians and the complete prerogative of their upbringing lies within our hands. We are raising them today to make them responsible citizens tomorrow. So there is no need for any guilty feeling for intervening in a 10 year old affairs. Afterall responsible parents knows what is best for their kids. All support to you!!

2 Likes

I’d have her class switched or notify the teacher that they’re not allowed to play with each other.

It sounds like this young lady may have a hard life at home and possibly causes her to be insecure about it. Maybe you can talk to your daughter about “lifting” her friend & encourage her to be the influence that this young friend truly NEEDS! If not, maybe sit both girls down together & speak about the situation & how they can create a “better” friendship in a more positive manner & tell them that if it doesn’t turn around, they won’t be allowed to be friends any longer :hugs:

8 Likes

I would go up to the school and tell them to switch classes. Put my daughter in another class. You don’t really know what’s going on in the other childs home so please don’t be too harsh towards her. She could have a great life with a single mom and just have a smart mouth or there could be other things going on. You never know. You said they are 10 years old, chances are they’ll be friends again next year, possibly next month!

1 Like

10 or not a bad influence is a bad influence and you have every right to put your foot down, even at school. It’s your right as a parent to request your child to be moved to a different class. I have no problem coming between my 3 kids and ‘friends’ who are not any good for them.

All it takes is ONE bad influence to change your daughters outlook, and as a parent its our jobs to step in when needed.

5 Likes

Honey when my kids was little I kinda had the same problem except it was my oldest daughter and ALOT of other parents absolutely did not want my daughter around there kids so I tried to talk to her and she threatened she was gonna run away and take her baby brother and we’d find them both dead in the woods well we wouldn’t let her leave the house she stated to go out baby brothers room window ( my ex husband took his phone out and started to video everything) thank God he did that she went to school the next day and told her teacher we was beating my kids all the time and 2 days later cps showed up to remove my kids luckily we had the video but the ended up placing her with grandparents(dad’s side) out of state because they said my other kids wasn’t safe if she remained in the house. Turns out that’s all she wanted all along so be that nosey parent all day long honey

1 Like

I would definitely talk to the school and see if it’s possible to switch classes. Explain the behavior and the fact this girl may have been doing sexual things to/with your daughter and you are not comfortable in any way with your daughter being around her. Also try to talk to the parent of the girl as well. How old are the kids that are being left home alone? Could be something that cps may need involved in, especially if she was grooming your child. She may have been molested or raped herself. (Could also just be curiosity but you never know) it is definitely very concerning behavior considering she told her to tell everyone to leave them alone and being secretive about it, she obviously knows what they are doing is wrong and could have been told her self to tell people that if she was being groomed or something. Your daughter may be talking in a way she has a hard home life bc she’s trying to have things in common with this girl or she may even feel out of place at home, try talking with her about it and try coming up with new ways to help her feel more included and loved and such (not that she isn’t but kids sometimes feel this way) maybe some quality 1 on 1 time with her or just doing things with her that she enjoys. Also talk to her about the messages she sent, if she really feels that way and why or what the deal is. Have you seen the other girls home? Is it an unhealthy/ hazardous environment? Another thing that could be a reason for a report being made to cps. You are welcome to pm me anytime. My daughter was molested and honestly this girl’s behavior sounds about like the trauma and behavior it causes