What can I give a gassy baby?

Hi moms my baby is 3 days old she keeps throwing up my breast milk and is super gassy. She has a dr appointment in the morning but idk what to do until then I feel so bad her poor belly probably hurts

10 Likes

Make sure to burp her after every feed.
Also monitor what you eat. It can affect the milk and make her gassy

1 Like

Feed less at a time. Babies stomachs ar smaller than a golf ball

Have you tried grip water?

Cuddle her, love her, make her feel comfortable untill dr. diagnosis. Might be GURD. Dr. may give meds.

1 Like

Burp her and enjoy her they grow up so fast

Make sure you’re burping her before you switch breasts and at the end of the feeding. Also don’t lay her down on her back directly after she’s eaten. Keep her propped up a bit for 10 or 20 mins after her feeding.

2 Likes

I used to have to wind my boy BEFORE and AFTER every time I bf him x

She needs a pediatric gastroenterologist. Not to scare you but could be a number of things, gerd, allergic reaction, blockage?

2 Likes

Rub her tummy n lower back gently trouble letting all her winds out

1 Like

Aim to get two burps after each feeding, a little one (that’s easy and quick to come out) and a bigger one that may take more time to coax out.

1 Like

Make sure you don’t eat any spicy foods, burp her after eating, keep her propped up for about 10 minutes, she could be lactose intolerant

1 Like

Had the same with one of my girls. Back in the day dr put her on goats milk did the trick