What can I take for migraines during pregnancy?

Depends on what causes the migraine- gatorade and body armor drinks helped me a lot. Good luck hun

I was in the hospital after I had my son for a really bad headache. They made me down a hot coke and lay down for 30 minutes. It was from spinal fluid so it didn’t work. It was leaking but they said it works for migraines :woman_shrugging:t2:

When i was pregnant i ws prescribed phenergan and it usually took my headache away and put me to sleep

There’s a root you can buy at Walmart it’s natural and helps me a whole lot. I’m 17 weeks pregnant

Girl my migraines were crippling me during pregnancies and when I went to er theyd help me with pain meds

Are you drinking enough water? If I didn’t stay hydrated I would get them.

Your OB doc is the one you should be asking. They can consult with neuro via phone if your appointment is that far out. Insurance can sometimes push an appointment thru faster if your OB office calls them as well.

1 Like

Best advice I have is ask your doctor what you can and can’t take while pregnant.

Call your PCP or your Ob Gyn first before going to the ER. Try avoid going to the ER unless there are no other options.
I hope you get relief soon.

Fioricet, Tylenol 3s, imitrex, propranolol, and some sort of muscle relaxer your ob can give you

Try ascertain the cause instead of treating the symptom.
Dehydration headaches are extremely common yet unidentified, could be a supplement that doesnt agree and brand change could correct.
Possibly even a type of food that just doesnt agree with the pregnancy
I couldnt eat garlic or onion.

I took fioricet for mine throughout my entire pregnancy

Pickle juice, ice packs, dark and quiet were the only things that worked for me.

Unfortunately only Tylenol with benadryl until you get an ok from your doctor. Your ob can prescribe you something too until you see your neurologist

Magnesium will help use the spray I find that works best. Hope you feel better soon.

I hate to be that person. But, you really should call your OB rather than asking Facebook

1 Like

They can give you a “cocktail”. Hopefully, it breaks the migraine…

Ibuprofen always helps me with migraines, I’m 28 weeks

My OB prescribed a safe med and it helped.

Ask your Dr. about Cayenne pepper pills. (All natural) good for head & stomach aches.

Fiorcet your primary or obgyn will prescribe

1 Like

Excedrin migraine really helps. If it doesnt go away totally with it, it will reduce it significantly. But check with your dr first!!! Always check with your obgyn since it may contain aspirin.

1 Like

Get your ear pierced! The faith !

Magnesium!!! Take 2 capsules and drink plenty of cold water. This helped me better than anything my doc recommended. They did say caffeine, 2 extra strength Tylenol & Benadryl.

1 Like

I got fioricet prescribed by my OB

I took b12, zinc, and magnesium all together. This is what my fetal medicine doctor told me to take. I went to the hospital many times due to migraines before this!

Tylenol and ask for reglan.

Ask ob to prescribe something.

Drink plenty of water. That helps me. You could be dehydrated

I was told I could take Exedrin Tension Relief per my OB. Please call and ask your OB what is safe for you.

The only thing that works for my migraines is Excedrin Migraine!

Benedryl and chug a coke. Like regular Coca Cola. And then sleep.

Magnesium supplements.

Tylenol, Benadryl and coke. My holy grail

Chiropractor is your best option

1 Like

You can take regular excedrin

Try this (id use the bathtub or a foot soak bucket ) for a medicine free way. I know several people that have tried it and it helps. Also have you considered getting the piercing thats suppose to help relieve migraines. My best friend got it and her migraines lessened considerably.

Don’t ask random people on the internet… What is wrong with people? Ask your doctor.

Cbd topical roll-on.

ZoneCBD by www.hippiesathome.com

1 Like

Exedrine tension headache

Yes imatrex & Fioracet

My OB gave me fioricet.

1 Like

The ER usually gives you saline and Benadryl for migraines. So take a couple Benadryl and drink a bunch of water and let the Benadryl put you to sleep…safe for pregnancy and you’ll wake up feeling at least better…

I am currently 19 weeks and I have had migraines in my 2 previous pregnancies as well. What I typically do is Tylenol (it doesn’t always work for me) and then I also take 2 Benadryl and go lay in the dark with an eye mask. Sometimes I even will use lavender essential oils to help as well

When I was pregnant my OB told me to take 2 tylenol, slam a can of mtn dew and then a bottle of water. Please check with your OB before taking anything else though

I suffered severe headaches and migraines from weeks 12-24 with both pregnancies. I was able to see Obs Med and they made medication recommendations. Because I don’t know if they’re safe and appropriate for you, I won’t list them. But I will say there are solutions which work and the migraines will eventually pass as the hormones keep changing. Stay strong and be kind on yourself

See your OB… or go to the ER. I’m a nurse and there’s so many different things to take into consideration. Your health history, your medications, pregnancy history. PLEASE for your babies sake don’t ask for advice on the internet. Call or go see your doctor!

61 Likes

The only thing that surprisingly worked was tylenol (never works when I’m not pregnant) with a coke. (And I’m a Pepsi drinker lol). Peppermint oil on my temples/forehead under my nose and deep breathing and a nap also helps.

My OB prescribed me Fioricet and it’s the first medication I’ve ever used that actually works and works well. I can take one when I feel it coming on and it’s gone completely, or if I wake up with a raging migraine and take one, it still takes it completely away. It’s been a miracle worker for me, unlike anything else I’ve ever tried. I’ve taken it in both my second and third trimesters with no issues.

1 Like

Could try some natural remedies. It always helped me. Look up pressure points to relieve migraines.

My ob called it a head cocktail, Benadryl as a sedative, nausea medication, which you can’t take until your second trimester, and Tylenol. I would ask your ob about dosing but that’s about all they can do for you while pregnant. They will mostly recommend heating pads or ice.

Ask your doctor about Atenolol. It stops you from getting migraines and if the odd one gets through it’s very mild.

Have you tried any essential oils ever? I would start with peppermint. I have a head ease blend that helps. Can get it off Amazon. Luckily the only time in my life I didn’t suffer from migraines was when I was pregnant. (Both times). I also would see about using bio freeze for icy hot. (Not sure if they are safe to use while pregnant, but imagine it’d be safer than taking something.) you can also try putting an ice pack on your neck and putting your feet and wrists in warm water. Sorry your suffering!

Aleve & a cup of coffee. Never thought of Aleve for migraines until my daughter got prescribed them for concussion but it works for me

I have always heard take a lemon or lime and rub it across your forehead and Temple

Definetly not a facebook question but a doctor/obgyn question for medications.

If your over 20 weeks gestation this can be a symptom.of preeclampsia but PE can develop earlier in some circumstances and other critical conditions during pregnancy so go get your vitals checked asap!

You could have a magnesium or electrolyte deficiency it can be lots of things especially if it keeps reoccurring, get it diagnosed and treated the cause not just mask it with pain relief.

If your doctor clears you or any health conditions get a massage & chiropractor treatment your neck or something could be out &/or an optometrist.

Dont take any over the counter medications without doctors clearance and make sure you get properly assessed.

If you cannot get into your doctor today, please visit your pharmacy and get the pharmacist to take your blood pressure!

2 Likes

My ob had me take magnesium and tylenol. I would check with your ob first just to make sure it won’t interact with anything else you may be on or any health conditions.

2 Likes

Exedrin tension headache is ok to use. You can’t use exedrin migraine but exedrin tension headache was the one thing that gave me some relief

There is a natural med I take off Amazon calls migravent look it up and show to your OB because I don’t know if it’s something you can take pregnant my neurologist put .e on it and it works great! But I am far past having a baby lol

1 Like

I took the equate tension headache. Caffeine and acetaminophen but no aspirin. Unless you have been warned not to consume caffeine other than normally cutting back

My OB gave me tylenol 3 for my migraines since I wasn’t able to use my preventative or emergency meds

2 Likes

With my third pregnancy after I seen the neurologist she gave me Vicodin. I was in my third trimester and it was okayed by my OB. I was loosing my vision and throwing up from mine.

1 Like

Yes go to the hospital. I had a migraine that lasted 4+ days and was basically a walking zombie while pregnant. The hospital were able to offer some great relief.

I only took Tylenol. Headaches are the worse when pregnant. I have suffered migraines all my life. Hope you get relief soon

3 Likes

When I was pregnant and got migraines I slammed a Mountain Dew and then laid fown

1 Like

If your having reoccurring migraines and tylenol doesn’t work then you need to be checked for preeclampsia. The first symptom is usually migraines.

2 Likes

Would acupuncture help prevent them? I would consult an acupuncturist…I have had great success with acupuncture for many health issues over the years.
Also I would check into herbal medicine.

Try the ear piercing that’s supposed to be good for migraines, no medicines just a hole in the ear. It’s called a daith piercing

Talk to your doctor about taking sumatriptan. The emergency room can give you medication for a migraine!!

1 Like

Call your OB. I had awful migraines and they gave me something with Tylenol and caffeine and it helped.

this is gonna sound strange but if you have led lights (if not get some), turn them onto green. it works every time. just lay down and within like 10-20 mins, it’s practically gone. no pain meds needed

If you are in the UK I would recommend 4head. It’s just a kind of menthol stick you rub on your head but it really helped me and I only use that now

Getting your Tragus pierced or a daith piercing is supposed to help relive migraines

Drink a Gatorade, I know weird but it helps me before I take any meds.

Just Tylenol. I had them during pregnancy. I begged to take my meds and they said there is a risk so I wasn’t risking it

If you do go to the er ,they might give you a shot for it…
They gave me one at 18 weeks pregnant…
It goes on your booty though…just a heads up

1 Benadryl, 2 Tylenol and drink a coke!! This was recommended from my OB. It works!

My ob told me to take the Tylenol with a can of Coke with my last 2 kids ( 2 & 3). I took imitrex with my oldest but that was nearly 2 decades ago.

Contact your doctor and ask for fiurocet (I think that’s how u spell it) it what they treated me with when I was pregnant with headaches its safe

1 Like

My OB prescribed me a nasal form of stadal (spelling?) when I was pregnant. Definitely call your OB.

Lavender and peppermint essential oils. Across the top of your forehead and at the bottom of your hairline on your neck. Game changer for me.

a hershey bar and a Pepsi is how I used to do it.

Panadol or paracetamol…nothing stronger…sorry u hv to deal with a migraine while pregnant

I was given fioricet for mine and it was the only thing that helped

Tylenol is the only meds you can take. Severe migrainws are common during pregnancy. Just rest, stay hydrated and icepack helps

Peppermint oil… Rub it on your head… It really works

Take 1000mg of Tylenol when you start getting an aura feeling or visual distortions.

Tylenol, dark room, cold wash cloth on the back of your neck. Good luck momma.

I take warm long showers I also apply vicks Across my forehead !

1 Like

Drink water. Sometimes its just sign of dehydration

1 Like

I took excedrin tension headache…Tylenol and caffeine

My chiropractor helps me!

I got massages and they worked wonders

Find a good masseuse…will do wonders for migraines.

Cold gel pack on back of your neck :+1:

Tylenol with 2 Benadryl’s

My ob suggested magnesium pills which helped greatly!!!

Berocca and sleep. Also get in contact with your gp or ob.

Tylenol, benedryl and a soda with caffeine

My OB just told me to take excedrin