What can my kids call my partner?

Let your children pick out a fun new name they would like to use.

My kids called my Aunt, Aunt Grandma. Because I still called her my aunt and the other kids called her Grandma. Worked for us and the others still called her grandma!!

Grandma lol my kids call my boyfriend Grandpa because they don’t have their grandparents

1 Like

Your husband is a female to male trans person? His correct pronouns would be he/him, first and foremost. My son’s father has never been in his life but my son knows about him and has spoken to him on the phone. He calls my husband, who is a trans man, dad.

Heey my kids call me aunty mama or aunty really I jus talk to my babies and c what there comfortable with while still letting them know both parents love them dearly

4 Likes

Mom (first name) and Mom (first name) is how my aunts do it. The kids call them Mom Lori and Mom Nancy

My friends kids call her Mom/Mommy and her partner Momma _____ (insert first name)

4 Likes

My los call their step mom mommy (her name) and they call my husband daddy(his name) they are 3 on the 20th of august and 5

1 Like

I follow a lesbian couple on Instagram and one of them is mom and the other is mama!! I also have heard mama and Mimi! (Mimi has been widely used with grandma, but I think it’s sounds closer to mama!)

Well, what does she want to be called now? I think that would be the most important question to ask.

I would do Momma and Mom. I think it would mostly be important how the name makes your partner feel.

I think there are several endearing titles in other languages that are non-gender specific

I’m a soon to be step mom and my step son has called me Mama Jordan since age 2. So maybe mama and your partners name attached or even just a simple nick name

Idk if I’m stroking out but I have no idea what I just read

6 Likes

Yes sir/ma’am… If they still got the opposite sex organs then they can call them that sex… Sry but beed to remove those before getting called the other sex. Just honest truth really.

i think you also need to take the kids into consideration here… do the kids want to call them something different?

What about something creative, like poppy…(both feminine, but similar to dad)

What does he want to be called? Maybe have him pick a few names and let the kids pick what they like?

My daughter called our grandmother Gigi since she was 2 and she calls my mom nana my 2 year old son calls my dad oppa and op :joy:

Or DeeDee which sounds like daddy, but more female to reflect her chosen identity

Madre means mother in Spanish, Italian and Portuguese :blush:

I call my step parents by their name. And have since I was 14 and 18 when they got married I’m 31 now

They can call her whatever they’d like?? I mean shouldn’t it be up to them? Or ask them at least

1 Like

Assuming that it is their biological father- call him dad/daddy because that’s what he is.

How about your partner’s given name?

1 Like

I know the Jenner kids call Caitlynn dad still, of course every family/trans parent is different. I would have them come up with a nickname as it usually doesn’t stick for kids if they didn’t come up with it lol. If it doesn’t hurt or bother your wife then I don’t see the harm in using dad though!

How about they just call their dad, dad unless your partner addresses it?

My son calls me mommy k and his other mom mommy a.

2 Likes

What about just by their name like others do with step parents?

Their name? Or something made up like instead of mom, maybe mon??

Dad. Or their first name.

I’m just trying to figure out what’s going on here :thinking:

Mimi? Bonus? Or ask the kids what they prefer?

Mamita, it’s Spanish for a casual form of mom

3 Likes

Mama and there first name.

2 Likes

My son calls his step mom his bonus mom

1 Like

Mumma/momma, mum, my mom goes by Mim as a grandmother but it could be cute as another mom name

The best thing to do is come up with a special nickname for him /her .

I call my step dad by his name

1 Like

Bonus mom. I call my step daughters my bonus daughters

1 Like

My mate calls her mums mummy n then mummy m says her name in it x

My sister and her partner call her momo so my sisters partner is mom and my sis is momo

My cousin just calls her mom’s wife by her first name :tipping_hand_woman:t3: she helped raise her since she was like 4 and she’s 18 now.

Whatever your kids feel comfortable calling that person in their life.

My 22 yr old calls me jomama has since she was like 12

My aunts are mama and mommy :woman_shrugging::rofl:

1 Like

Momma name… Same for you momma name.

1 Like

My daughter step son calls her Bebe since he was a toddler.

don’t get why ppl find it funny…let’s hope your kids never do this… your all horrid and small minded

My sister helped raise mine. She’s meme

What is she comfortable with

In my friends relationship the child calls her fama.

Let the child decide they may have some of their own ideas

My ex husband is trans. Male to female. My girls call her Daya.

we did dad daddy
father dad

now its daddy n grandpa

My friends kid called her “Smommy” (like step mommy)

My daughter calls her biological dad " daddy cody" then she calls her step dad “daddy david”

Let them decide what they want to call her.

Daddy- first initial or first name:. Daddy-B or Daddy-Bryan

Maman…mother in french…

No disrespect, I’m completely confused, but why not ask them what they want to call your partner

1 Like

My dad was called D.R. his initials

How about disturbed!!!

2 Likes

My daughters ex called his is Mad.

I’m mama or mommy and she’s ma

1 Like

Mapa is cute short for mama and papa

Me Maw
Or one is mom and mommy
Or mama and mommy

What about by their actual name.

Mapa (mix of mama and papa)

Papa, Pops, or a play off her name.

My friends (2 moms) have Momma & Bobo. I have 2 Moms who I just called mom & other mom. My child calls them Nana & Bobo.

1 Like

One of y’all could be Mom and the other momma

Depends on what the other parent agrees on. I don’t know anything about trans people, but what does their dad/mom say. For me my sons father was not in his life, so I let my son choose what to call my husband. He called him his name for a while but now calls him dad. He is 13, we have been together since he was 12- if that matters

My step son calls me momma Kristy

1 Like

Mom in Korean is Eomma ( 엄마)

How about there name :thinking::thinking:

Whatever they want. I never called my stepparents mom or dad. However, if my kid wants to I’m not going to make him stop.

Cha Cha, GiGi, a nickname of her name?

We always called our friends Moms that were like our own, Mama Dukes :heart: maybe ask what the kids want to call her?

I would ask the kids. I mean my dad decided to be abuelo for his grandkids, and I had the first. Well kiddo couldn’t say abuelo, and to this day, 20 years later, my dad is still LoLo.

Her name?
Or give her a cute nick name?
My kids call ym husband by his name even tho they been in their lives since 2, 5,6

I haven’t any experience in this but I like ma. It’s cute xx

Dude is good. Use dude. Lol

I know a couple where the dad become trans and they called them Maddy…mom mixed with daddy

How about letting THEM choose. Not about what you want…

Mama for her and mom for you?

I would ask her what she prefers :blue_heart:

2 Likes

My bosses were mama and mommy.

1 Like

My lesbian friends kids call thier moms, mom and mummy.

perhaps just call by name or ask your partner what she prefers

Um… Just ask your partner what he wants to be called

You got to let them get comfortable with calling them whatever feels natural, it may take many years but a bond can be made. My father was a proud Marine that passed when I was just a boy. It was a number of years later she married my step father and I rebelled, hated him for a while. , but he was a great guy that served his country and had a deep respect for the memory of my father and never pressured me into calling him nothing more than his name. And 20 plus years have passed and I love him as much as I love my real father. Now he’s been a wonderful man to my son and grandchildren. He’s 84 years old now and I pray every day that I can be half the man he is. I still call him David and he calls me John, but when asked I say yes him and my mom are my parents.

5 Likes

Mada? Like a Mum and a Dad so like their everything :heart:

10 Likes

Honestly why change it and confuse the kids ? That does more harm than good , how old are the kids? I’m going through this with family and the kids didn’t take kindly to it

Considering that has been their “dad” their whole life why should they change it?? Lol

3 Likes

I don’t think you get to pick… they name us.

What pronouns does your partner prefer? And what’s their name they go by? That would actually help in deciding this. You could use cute nickname or something too.

Bearbear is a cute one.
Nana (pronounced Nah-Nuh…so it’d be Momma and Nana).
Boppy (like Poppy but with a B).
Kit Kat
Squish

Just anything that’s cute and personal.

Did they have the kids together, or is it a step parent situation?

What’s your partners name? Just call them that.

2 Likes

Emma is what a step/foster mother or father can be called. It means universal.