What can we do to keep our toddler distracted so we can have alone time?

I need some advice and tips. I have a 2 yr old son who is so attached to me. I am also a SAHM, so I rarely separate from him. However, my husband and I have been having a hard time trying to get intimate moments together because our son will panic if we leave him in the living room and we go into the bedroom to be intimate together. He’ll want to physically see us, so he knows he’s not alone. We don’t want to leave him unattended, but we also don’t like to be interrupted or distracted while we have our time together. I have tried cartoons on TV, tablet, toys, and books, but our baby won’t budge, and it’s taking a toll on our sex life. Please help.! What are safe ways to keep baby distracted while we get intimate…?! Also, we don’t have a babysitter near and are new to the town we live in, so we don’t trust just anyone if we were to hire one.

254 Likes

Please don’t risk the safety of your child so you can have sex. I really hope this is a joke and people don’t actually do this.

Is this a joke? IT HAS TO BE A JOKE.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What can we do to keep our toddler distracted so we can have alone time? - Mamas Uncut

Um, wait until he goes to bed?

50 Likes

Here for the comments :rofl:

53 Likes

Wait until he’s asleep

8 Likes

When they sleep it’s playtime for parents.

17 Likes

I had the same issue several years ago. And we would wait until the kids go to bed. Since I have 3 kids now I have the older ones play with the younger one if we feel like slipping away for a few minutes but normally it’s after they are in bed

3 Likes

Just the beginning of no “alone time”.

7 Likes

When hes sleeping like the rest of the world :joy:

35 Likes

Y’all can’t wait till he’s asleep :joy: naps, midnight, 4am? . Try the shower?

5 Likes

You don’t get alone time
You have a toddler
Try alone time and watch shit get trashed or worse!

Wait until bedtime….there is no such thing as alone time with a toddler lol. My husband and myself have our time together when our daughter goes to bed at night.

13 Likes

Wait till he is asleep

2 Likes

Nighttime… when he’s sleeping.

2 Likes

Wait till he goes to bed……

2 Likes

Do what most parents do - wait until the baby is asleep. I would never leave a 2 year old alone in the house. because that is what you are doing essentially. What if he went out the front door and walked out into the street and got hit by a car? Or picked up by a pervert???

20 Likes

You wait til he’s asleep 🤦

4 Likes

I’d say leave that time for when he’s asleep. But I’m also one that thinks it’s inappropriate to do “intimate” things while ur children are awake. It can wait till they are sleeping

8 Likes

You left your kid alone to go have sex?! He’s 2!!! Wait until he’s asleep at night like everyone else :woman_facepalming:

Surely you can wait until he’s asleep!

10 Likes

Wait till he goes to bed. Honestly when a child is awake everything else is on hold until bedtime ur alone time expired when ur son was born.

25 Likes

Umm… when he is asleep…:face_with_monocle::thinking:

7 Likes

Wait until he’s asleep damn :joy:

Nap time or bedtime is the best time to get freaky :eyes:

1 Like

Nap time or bed time. You don’t just leave a 2 year old unattended to get laid

45 Likes

I don’t think I could even get myself in the mood knowing my child was awake lol.

15 Likes

You wanted to leave a 2 year old alone in the living room to get it on?
Did you not know once you have a kid things change?
You wait until they’re asleep ffs

55 Likes

I’d wait until he was asleep, especially at that age.

1 Like

Why the hell are you leaving a toddler alone in another room during the day time while awake to have alone time anyways? Wait til he goes to bed. Ffs.

21 Likes

I’m sure he goes to sleep at some point.

4 Likes

Naps & Bedtime, when you have an active toddler you don’t get “alone time” until they go to Sleep…

2 Likes

Never ever leave a 2 year old alone while awake you just gotta wait till hes in bed to get it in. So nap times or at night

7 Likes

Bed time or nap time, it’s the only way,
You could start getting him used to a few minutes alone to play during that day too, it will help the separation anxiety and he eventually won’t even notice you two slip away for a few minutes,

Everyone experiences this in some way or another with kids though, so don’t feel alone.

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming: you wait till he’s asleep…

4 Likes

No such thing as alone time while they’re awake at that age lol sorry.

3 Likes

Have I just read that right haha disgraceful

5 Likes

I dont get why anyone would leave a 2 year old unattended. Also what about bedtime for the kid?

6 Likes

I have a 4 year old and there’s no escaping. I’m definitely not leaving her alone. Wait for naptime or bedtime.

1 Like

How about just wait until he’s asleep?

1 Like

Alone time and toddler don’t go together :rofl:

6 Likes

“We don’t want to be interrupted or distracted while we have our time together” How dare that 2 year old not want to be left alone in a room while mom and dad get it on😂

47 Likes

Ask a family member to watch him for a night so y’all can have some alone time

lol. Geez must be the worst mom ever. I often leave my 2 y/o child in the playroom alone while I’m cooking/cleaning/doing laundry during the day. Lol. :woman_facepalming:t2:

18 Likes

Welcome to the club. Wait till they’re asleep lol

2 Likes

Does he not nap or sleep? Lol

1 Like

Nap/bedtime, besides you will be more focused on your intimacy knowing that baby is asleep and safe as opposed to alone with TV or toys.

1 Like

Safe ways to keep a baby distracted while u get intimate…??

Don’t :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Wait till he’s a sleep he take naps and bed time

1 Like

All these people bashing you is a little sad, I used to work overnights so waiting until my son was asleep kind of wasn’t an option since I was at work, we have a playroom for him that we would put him in and make sure he was safe and do a quickie in the bathroom or bedroom with the baby monitor on so we could make sure he was fine, try finding a movie that he hasn’t seen yet but you know he would like, put it on and hurry it up girl.

14 Likes

Ok with a toddler, there is no alone time unless nap or bed time. Why would you want to do it while the child is awake.

11 Likes

This chick serious!?

7 Likes

Um…wait till he is asleep. You dont leave a 2 year old unattended so you can go get your freak on…

I swear people should have to need a license to breed :woman_facepalming:

29 Likes

What if her husband works nites? she didn’t say she’s leaving him in the kitchen w boiling water and knives or the bath tub! Im sure she’s got baby gates and outlet covers and such to keep him safe…do you guys drag ur toddler w u to take a shit everytime?..leave her alone she wants help not criticism!

Do it ehile the toddlers asleeo

Why can’t you wait til he’s asleep :sweat_smile:

We’ve got 9 kids in our home and we STILL make it happen… WHEN THEY’RE ASLEEP!!!

5 Likes

My two year old would set the house on fire. Save those special times for bed time. Or get a babysitter :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Do it while he is asleep

1 Like

Wait until he’s down for a nap like everyone else does. Lmao

5 Likes

The child is 2! Do you know what the hell can happen to a 2 year old while you just leave them in a room all alone!!! Sex isn’t more important than your child’s life! It’s called waiting until they are asleep Holy hell….

Uhhhh, wait till they’re asleep like every other parent does?! That’s just weird! “Hold tight son, we’re just going too have some cuddles, won’t be long!” :woman_facepalming:

28 Likes

Do drop-in at daycare

1 Like

Wait till he sleeps for god sake

9 Likes

Wait until he’s asleep. If that doesn’t work you either need a babysitter or put your sex life on hold.

We can only do it at bedtime or when my other two with the grandparents we wait till my one year old is taking a nap

2 Likes

Why wouldnt you just wait for him to go to bed and asleep. A 2 year old shouldnt be alone at all. 2 year olds get into everything. Its not safe to leave a 2 year old alone by themselfs. When the child is older then you can sneak off to the bedroom and have sex but not at 2 years old.

Yeah, we have 5 kids, it’s not easy but bed time is the best time lol good luck!

2 Likes

I’m confused by this entirely… does your child never sleep? Of course he’s not going to want to be locked out of a room away from mom and dad while he’s up and active? Wouldn’t you feel terrible if something happened to him because you were more concerned about your sex life than his safety?

1 Like

uh… during bedtime or his nap time

1 Like

You must be a first time parent. Not to sound too harsh but dont expect any alone time ever, especially for that. If they’re down for a nap or in bed, maybe you’ll get lucky…until then… not a chance. Not while you have alone time, not while you take a shit…none of it. Maybe in like 10 years…but definitely not as a toddler.

1 Like

That’s what naps and bedtime are for.

6 Likes

Is this post for real?

Want to leave your 2yr old " occupied" alone so yous can have sex ?
How about when his asleep? And make sure you use protection and don’t have anymore kids, cos it will be even harder ( excuse the pun)

2 Likes

Girl. When he’s asleep. Does he not take a nap? My 2 year old does. But mostly we do early morning “intimate time” :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Oh i’m sure your pants can stay on till the kid is safe and sound asleep. If they can’t, might i suggest sticking to just one kid since it’s such an inconvenience to your sex life?

1 Like

You don’t leave a 2 yr old alone to go have sex. Wait until he is asleep or Get a babysitter.

1 Like

Figure it out. Lol…naptime or bedtime. Take your pick.

2 Likes

Wait until he’s asleep? Maybe you were too young and naive to have a child. And that’s coming from an almost 23 year old with an almost 3 year old and a 1 year old :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Either wait for him to nap and or go to sleep and learn to do it fast like 2 minutes or less :joy:. Or worst case scenario wait till he’s 18 and moves out of the house

3 Likes

What about when he’s asleep?

1 Like

Its very dangerous to leave a child of that age unattended! Do it while the baby sleeps - geez!

12 Likes

Do it when he’s asleep…is this fr?

5 Likes

Wait til he passes out for bed time :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Alone time with a toddler isn’t going to happen unless they’re asleep. As far as being interrupted well … That sounds ridiculous. This seems very selfish.

7 Likes

You will have to learn to do it when he is sleeping not during the daytime when your child is awake wanting to spend time with you

8 Likes

Uhh… ever thought about having sex when he’s down for a nap or bed time??

If you can get the deed done in 5 minutes, go to the bathroom - lock your door, he will be fine!!

1 Like

Cocomellon on Netflix and get a tablet ASAP

1 Like

Omg wait til he’s on bed :nauseated_face::nauseated_face: he’s still a baby he needs supervision

4 Likes

Well. Your child comes before your sex life sooooo. Whenever hes asleep you find time. You don’t leave a 2 year old alone to get your rocks off. Tf. :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Never leave a child that young alone. Wait for nap time or bedtime

4 Likes

The joys of parenthood no time to pee in private let alone get it on while the kids are awake
Just wait till buba is sleeping or get someone to watch him and get a whole night free

1 Like

That poor kid :sob: he’s fucking 2. I’m sure you can wait until bedtime​:unamused:

3 Likes

Personally I think it’s weird to pull quickies knowing my babies are awake and alert. I’m a SAHM too and I wait till nap time or night time. Mommy first then grownup play time. If you put your little one on a firm schedule you’ll have the same times daily to do the deed. Noon-two pm then eight- morning. :heart:

12 Likes

Naps and bedtime ma’am put him on a schedule if he’s not already on one. I can’t trust yo leave my 2yr old alone to go to the restroom I can’t imagine would would happen if I left him alone to have sex😳

Are you actually taking the piss? Your son is 2 and should NOT be left alone unsupervised at 2 years old, let alone for you to go to the bedroom for a quickie! I think you need to get your priorities right and start being a parent and putting your child first! You can have alone time when he’s in bed, or get a sitter but under no circumstances should a toddler be left unsupervised! It’s just pure dangerous!

Wait until he’s asleep?

3 Likes

Uhhhh wait till he goes to bed…

4 Likes

This post is so ridiculous lol

11 Likes

When he is asleep. Get used to it. The older they get the more difficult it will become to get alone time during the day.

5 Likes