What can we do to keep our toddler distracted so we can have alone time?

I don’t know but when you do find the time and manage to leave your toddler on its own please make sure he puts something on the end of it so you don’t end up with another hindrance :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::grimacing:

14 Likes

My daughter was the same way. Honestly we always waited til she was asleep. Maybe make a video of you and your husband talking with your child maybe hearing your voice would help?? Idk im trying love.

2 Likes

Do it after he’s in bed, asleep.

2 Likes

ummm…wait until the little crotch goblin goes to sleep lol

4 Likes

What’s wrong with waiting till he goes to bed or take a nap

6 Likes

Unfortunately its the reality of having a toddler you only get the chance when he’s asleep

1 Like

Lol do it when he’s asleep like 99% of the rest of the world :laughing:

20 Likes

We just wait till ours is in bed or napping…nothing worse than a toddler ruining the mood :joy::joy:

1 Like

At night when he’s sleep, I’d sacrifice some sleep time for sex anytime

“If we leave him in the living room and we go into the bedroom to be intimate together”
Ummmmm.

8 Likes

Do it at night when kids are asleep. Welcome to parenthood.

6 Likes

Wait til he’s sleeping. Not the best idea to leave a 2 year old alone while you do the deed :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Maybe you need to learn parenting skills first. Who even thinks about leaving a two year old all alone for a quickie? Two year olds don’t sit still and they get into everything. All it takes is a second and you won’t have a child anymore. Is the dick really worth you losing your child? Just do like any parent does. Put the baby to bed then go at it. Surely he sleeps so idk how y’all haven’t found the time.

Umm I don’t leave my kids that young alone ever. Especially to go have sex😬 there’s naps and bedtime. Especially if you only have one that should be easy

1 Like

Wait till night time until he sleeps…get baby sitter for the night…maybe with grandma…best of luck to you both

Even that 2 year old is like jesus christ jenny stop trying to ditch me in the middle of the day! :woman_facepalming::joy: Unless your raising a vampire that never sleeps I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t just have sex when he’s in bed?

1 Like

The smart idea would be to not leave a 2 year old alone​:woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:
I don’t care how bad anyone wants to be intimate. Wait until it’s bedtime. Welcome to parenthood.

27 Likes

Umm do the deed when he’s in bed! Or send him to a sitter for that time. He should never be unattended while awake! Welcome to parenthood!

2 Likes

Give it to the neighbors

5 Likes

Do it while he’s napping or asleep for the night, you don’t need to occupy him so you can go be intimate while he is left alone that’s disgusting.

14 Likes

Nap time or bedtime! Attached toddlers are freaking rough with not getting alone time.

3 Likes

Put on a favorite movie or wait until he/she asleep .

Some of y’all acting like you ain’t never wanted your ass ate mid day :roll_eyes:

Wait… is this a real question? What’s this alone time we speak of? I have three kids. Seven, two, and nine months. There’s no alone time. Wait until they fall asleep. And THAT’S your time. Even if it’s only two minutes. Make it count!

11 Likes

Ok all, the dogpile is a bit much.

You already know the most common answer here, which I do agree with. However, to play devil’s advocate, there’s a chance your husband works nights and is therefore not there when the child is asleep. That does put a damper on things. First things first is to get his nap time to a good enough length, if he allows. You won’t be able to while he’s awake, but if you can plan out naptime right, you have an opening.

Second thing I recommend, and this doesn’t have to do with fun times, is you may want to start finding ways for your son to separate from you a bit, such as more daddy time or another family member/babysitter. It can’t be easy getting to any chores if he has to have eyes on you at all times. I don’t know your housing situation, but when my daughter was a baby, I needed her to stay in her playpen or crib upstairs while I went downstairs for laundry or whatnot. She knew I was coming back up, so no tears to be had. These weren’t things I could do at night as I worked.

Outside of when he’s asleep, there is also daycare, when it’s available (I know Covid doesn’t help that much). If you’re looking for spontaneous bedroom times like it probably was before kid(s), that unfortunately won’t happen anymore. It all requires planning now.

3 Likes

We wait until everyone is asleep. Or during nap time

3 Likes

Wait for his nap time or bedtime

2 Likes

My hubby and I would wait till my daughter was asleep when she was 2 and still do now that she’s 3

1 Like

During nap time or after bed time!

2 Likes

Dont like being distracted or interupted? Welcome to the next 18 years :sob::joy::joy:.

11 Likes

A change of perspective is needed here… look at it as another birth control method. :sunglasses:
Seriously though… toddler safety first. You don’t leave a toddler to their own devices so you can have sex. Intimacy is more than a physical act. Maybe focus on that aspect of your relationship.

Wait till the baby takes a nap or goes to bed…trust me being a SAHM it does get difficult so that is why you wait till the little is asleep…
Also here for the comments

1 Like

All the nasty comments just aren’t it. A horrible/no sex life for mom and dad can mean breaking up and/or lead to cheating. Your need is valid and you ARE NOT a bad parent for wanting time for sex with your husband. These same mamas being mean in the comments need alone time too and maybe they spend or want it differently like a pedicure or a night out. Don’t worry mama - you’re doing great. Obviously when he sleeps but I know sometimes schedules suck and it feels so forced like that and leaves no room for spontaneity. Baby gates, baby monitors, cartoons and tablets. If room is baby proofed and no way to get hurt- like climbing/ falling/ things to choke on then a toddler is perfectly okay to be alone some. They in fact should be given alone time play to help develop their own sense of self. Go ahead and join a babysitter group on Facebook and reach out to neighbors! You can easily find a sitter! Your time with your husband is so important. Y’all are more than just parents. People act like once you’re a mom that it’s your entire identity and it’s NOT. You are still a wife, a friend, a sister, an aunt, and more.

Glad to see so many feeling this whole thing is NOT okay on many levels

7 Likes

Shld of thought of that b4 havn a kid. Sex isnt everything. Wait until ur kid is in bed stupid. Kids bedtime = parent time dahh

Take advantage of his nap time, and bed time have it early enough that you can do what you want.

1 Like

Sorry there’s so many negative comments hun. You seem like a new mom trying to figure things out. We’ve all been there. Some just forget. And you shouldn’t be bashes for asking a question.

This is why they say your sex life ends when you have kids. (It doesn’t) but it does make it extremely difficult to get that alone time.
It just becomes something to work around(baby’s nap times etc). It can still be done but just don’t leave your baby unattended to do it cause so many things can happen in the blink of an eye.

We wait till nap time or bedtime.

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:t2: you could just… yanno… have sex after the kid goes to sleep… tf

Hire a sitter to take child out of house to park he will adjust an yes momma an dads need time no kids

Put them in their room with a baby monitor on and their favorite show. Boom! CaNt JuSt LeAvE a ToDdLeR alOnE stfu

When the kid is sleeping………

Good lord you can’t wait till your child is asleep? There’s no “alone time” anymore :woman_facepalming:t3: it’s trashy to get nasty when you’re child is awake.

Edit: leaving a toddler unattended to get laid is irresponsible and stupid. Heaven forbid something were to happen cause you were horny.

8 Likes

Why not just fire him into the bath and leave him​:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

Do like we all have to do wait until his alseep …

Wait until he can walk and is in bed ye are at it like rabbits and boom his face appears beside you :see_no_evil: all fun and games then.

4 Likes

That’s kinda hard but maybe try and get him not so attached or maybe record you guys singing to him or just talking to him

When he’s asleep. I have 6 kids, gotta wait until bed time or sneak into the laundry room when the baby takes a nap lol

2 Likes

That’s what the time after your child’s bed time is for.

6 Likes

Uhhhh, easy solution. wait till your child is asleep. what the hell even is this.

12 Likes

It’s called BEDTIME. My time with my boyfriend who works 5 days a week 50+ hours a week is when my child is either napping or sleeping for the night. If we want to watch a certain show be intimate together or just be alone together, we wait until our child is sleeping

3 Likes

Put him to bed and shower sex? On the washer during nap time? Don’t limit yourself to the bed, especially if you co-sleep. The couch, the lawn, the back porch after he’s in bed.

Yea all this “wait until he’s asleep” sometimes doesn’t work. Get a pack and play. :rofl:

6 Likes

I’m speechless at this post. You have a child now, he comes first and foremost. You cannot leave your child unattended in any room so you can have sex. End of story. That’s not how parenting works. You wait until nap time or bed time like every other decent parent does. You sound extremely selfish trying to find ways to leave your kid alone while you go into your room. He’s 2, he’s curious and it doesn’t take much for them to start getting into things. My son at 2 could unlock the front door and walk right out without a care in the world. If DSS were to get called, they would highly frown upon it. You need to see it from every aspect. Not just tunnel vision and be focused on what YOU want. You need to focus on your sons needs and well-being.

Wow. Just do it while he’s asleep. Don’t leave him alone wtf.

7 Likes

When he sleeps…
Naps
Night time…

2 Likes

It’s called wait until he’s asleep? This is a no brainer :woozy_face: why would you want to do that while your 2 year old is awake? Not only that, but you’d get irritated at a baby who doesn’t understand what “grown up time” is? :joy: where’s Ashton are we getting punked?

5 Likes

Do you think it’s a good idea to just be leaving your child unattended for that long so you can get your rocks off? That confused me. You obviously should wait until your child is asleep. :thinking:

5 Likes

When he’s asleep unfortunately you’ll have to work around the childs day to day he might have nightmares if he sprung you :dizzy_face: lols Harmony Johnson

1 Like

When said child is asleep. I would never leave my 2 year old alone while awake. They can get into all kinds of things. In that amount of time.

5 Likes

Sorry. Who would leave a 2 year old alone to go have sex?

You just have to wait. First get him on a schedule .there is always nap time and bed time we as parents have to make the adjustments not the child . Ween him into being independent…

Wow some of y’all have never had to work or have spouses that work shift work and it shows. Waiting until bedtime… alllll the time??? How lame are your sex lives? Just because she became a mom doesn’t mean she stops being a woman with needs. Y’all are acting like she asked which brand of duct tape works best for keeping a child in one place. She asked for helpful advice…I’m sure she’s considered bedtime… perhaps that schedule doesn’t work for her partner… maybe she is so engaged with her child all day every day that by the time her child is spent— so is she! I KNOW y’all perfect mamas leave your children unattended to clean in a different room or play on your phones or watch your tv shows while they’re in a playroom…

Am I reading this right lol , someone has just asked for advice on how they can have alone time and just leave there two year old to there own devices lol , maybe wait till he is asleep or get him down for a nap if u can’t wait till bedtime lol

3 Likes

Ummm when he’s asleep🤷🏼‍♀️!

1 Like

So y’all are telling me you keep eyes on your children every single second of every day?? Don’t shame her for wanting 3 minutes being alone with her husband😂. The baby will be fine

My son isn’t super clingy so I’m not sure if I could give accurate advice. However, he is super into Toy story right now. Like he won’t even move a muscle when it’s on! That’s when my fiancé and I do the deed… we also wait until he’s asleep at night if we have to. I hope these comments don’t make you feel bad. Your intimacy with your spouse is important as well… try to find a show that your son is super into or a new toy maybe. Something that can grab his attention for a few minutes and SNEEK away as QUIETLY as possible​:joy::joy: good luck mama!!

19 Likes

When they nap, or after they go to bed. Shit if he’s on a schedule and wakes at the same time everyday get up early :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Guys dont jump down her throat. Everyones situation is different. My husband got my 2 year old into co sleeping. So when we want to we turn her favorite show on give her the tablet and her 8 year old sister gets her tablet and they sit in the living room together while “mom and dad talk” about birthdays a holiday or whatever is coming up lol

6 Likes

Have a babysitter come sit with him :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

nobody here is saying they won’t ever get the time and to just be abstinent. Basically just yeah, suck it up, you’re gonna be interrupted and it’s gonna put a damper on things cause the kid comes first. Wait till the kid is asleep. Idk why anybody is making intimacy a necessity. It isn’t. If your marriage can’t survive without consistent sex, congrats, you married your spouse for lust - not love. (It is an important dynamic though.)

First of all why would you leave your 2 year old alone in a room? Parents of the year right there

7 Likes

Make his ass take a NAP!

1 Like

Welcome to parenthood. Where your time as a couple is now shared with your child. I’m sure your child sleeps. That’s when you have your time. Wanting to know how to distract your child so you and your partner can be intimate? Simple. Wait til bed time.

5 Likes

Leaving a two year old unattended so that you can have sex is stupid and asking for trouble

My guess is she also co sleeps. This is why babies need there own space to sleep.

3 Likes

Ridiculous question. You never leave a 2 year old on his own. Grow up. You have a child now. I worked around 4 k7ds no problems they slept 8 to 7

3 Likes

Go in the bathroom or bedroom and as long as he’s banging on the door you know he’s OK lol :joy: just be quick and quiet :shushing_face::hugs::sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

I can’t find my comment. I said we always waited till bed time and asked if your child slept the night. If that doesn’t work, can you have a family member take him for a hour or 2 on a weekend? Once a week is better than nothing. Just trying to help. Lol.

2 Likes

Put a movie on. That’s what we have done. Got them on a movie or video gam so we could have a quickie. Nothing wrong with that. Or else wait till Naptime or bedtime

1 Like

Nap time? Bed time? If he co-sleeps, sleep train him. I get wanting a moment every now and then. But at that age, if he doesn’t have a sibling, I’d wait until he’s asleep. Not only then will he not interrupt (most times), but it can be longer than two minutes! It’s a win! Lol!

2 Likes

Does he awake 24/7? :thinking:
I am not sure how you do cleaning and cooking but I usually give my kids alone time, which I check time to time, and most of the time I will let them find something to do. It’s good for their brain to think, I usually reply for their I am bored with something that’s good, what you gonna do?

1 Like

Put on his favorite movie and sit him down with his sippy cup and snack and a few of his other favorite quite toys. Lock the doors and he’ll be fine for about 30 minutes .

Have you tried waiting till his bedtime or nap? I mean 🤷

5 Likes

These comments are ridiculous :roll_eyes: girl I get it trust me we have all been there at least once kids are cock blocks. My best advice is do it while he is sleeping if he sleeps in your room now is the time to transition him to his own bed the sooner the better I co slept with my first and he was almost 6 before I could get him out of my bed permanently.

COCO MELON on YouTube or Netflix

1 Like

Doesn’t your child sleep?

3 Likes

Does he not sleep​:thinking:nap time :thinking:

1 Like

Is this a joke?:joy: why would u want to do it when your 2 year old is awake? I have a two year old and we’d never do it while he’s there and awake​:joy: wait till he’s asleep. Never leave him alone just to get your s$x fix :sob::sob: walllllla joker :rofl:

6 Likes

Our youngest is now 6 years old and we have the same issue and has that she was born. As she’s gotten older it’s gotten better. From I’d say from the time she was 6 months old till about 3 and 1/2 4 we would only have couple time even if that just meant sitting down and having a conversation when she was sleeping. She never took naps and I mean she stopped taking naps at 6 months old so the only time we ever had a long time was at night time.
If you co-sleep wait until your child’s asleep and then you and your husband sneak out leave the door open and stay in the next room so you can hear anything and then go back in when you’re done with your alone time.

Wait until he goes to bed like parents do? Are you that friggin horny?

My 2 yr old does not leave my sight. No way i would leave him alone!

2 Likes

Nap time or bed time? Lol we have a 5 and 7 year old and rarely have sex during the day since having kids :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

When he’s asleep. Can’t believe this is even being asked :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Wait till he’s sleeping

1 Like

Are you serious? Wait until bedtime like everyone else

8 Likes

Ha Ha Ha welcome to parenthood!

1 Like

Lol wait until he’s asleep :joy:

1 Like

This is a joke, right? :woman_facepalming:t3:
BEDTIME! Wait until he goes to bed. I promise, you’ll survive waiting until he’s asleep.

4 Likes

Wait til asleep during day and or at night.

Check out the church,

1 Like

Wait till he’s asleep if sex is so needful for you.

You can’t just have sex whenever you want when you have a kid unfortunately you make that choice when you give birth :woozy_face: have sex at bedtime or when the baby naps if it’s such a necessity

wait for him to go to sleep