What causes absent seizures?

My brother did at 7 months old he and it was epilepsy and he grew out of it pretty quick x

Dr Derico Tuaha is someone that you can depend on and run to for help when you are facing any problem in your relationship. contact him through those details below to get your help.

MY Joy is back to me after a very long time which i and my ex separated since i was alone change, every thing about me change a friend of mine gave me an my life email address and told me that this was the email address she contacted when she was in the same problem so i contacted the email i got a reply he ask me to send him my number so i did he was a man call Dr Derico tuaha he is a spell caster he casted a spell for me and told me that within two day that my ex we be back for good within that one days my ex was back, i and my ex just got married. few week back. call or whatsapp him +2349052999047 or visit his page
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

MY Joy is back to me after a very long time which i and my ex separated since i was alone change, every thing about me change a friend of mine gave me an my life email address and told me that this was the email address she contacted when she was in the same problem so i contacted the email i got a reply he ask me to send him my number so i did he was a man call Dr Derico tuaha he is a spell caster he casted a spell for me and told me that within two day that my ex we be back for good within that one days my ex was back, i and my ex just got married. few week back. call or whatsapp him +2349052999047 or visit his page
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Used to called petit mal seizures or minor seizures. Rarely last longer than a minute and usually looks more like daydreaming than seizures…can often be missed tbh. A little confused afterwards maybe

My daughter had these on a few occasions when she was around the same age. Once she was sat in Earlystart in school, we had a call from the teachers saying they were worried, she had froze midway eating a sandwich and wouldn’t respond to anyone or anything. They feared she was chocking. We brought her to hospital to have electrodes placed on her head to try find out what triggered them and rule out epilepsy. The only thing they said was it is like having a really intense day dream. Our daughter would freeze and stare into space mid conversation. It was quite frightening for us but doctors said she wouldn’t even realise she was doing it. She is 10 now and hasn’t had an episode in the past 4 years so try not to worry they do grow out of it xx

My daughter had them until she turned 3. She had them really often. Her pediatrician was not incredibly concerned about it. I’m not sure if that was because he was a bad Dr, or they aren’t super concerning.

We noticed them around 12 months and they stopped right around her third birthday.

My daughter has them, she’s six and she’s had them all her life. As a baby she had infantile spasms, that became absence seizures when she was almost two. She has epilepsy, caused by a series of brain malformations. It’s common for babies and toddlers to have a them sporadically, especially when they are sick. Tell the pediatrician and they should refer you to a neurologist. He will need an EEG and MRI, to rule out something bigger. My son had a couple of absence seizures, and those tests show that he doesn’t have epilepsy and his brain is normal. Don’t worry mama, it’s not always something big and terrifying.

A fever as a baby resulted in me have Petit Mal seizures, when they finally realized what was going on I was on 1,000mil of depakote until I finally outgrew them at the age of 13.

From experience, a parent can watch your every move but they still happen. While they’re said not to be damaging they’re EXTREMELY embarrassing when they occur at certain times. My advice is not to draw attention to it, I would snap out of it and immediately cry because everyone would be staring at me!

Just keep up with appointments and go with the flow as much as you can. He will grow out of it, it just takes time :heart:

My daughter has absent seizures. She was around 9 or 10 and would just zone out. She would be talking, zone out, and then ask what were we talking about? I took her to the neurologist and he explained that is like the brain stops firing for a bit. For my daughter, it was usually around 30 seconds. She is 23 now and in the last year had 2 grand mal seizures. So be aware it can graduate to this. She has been on medication for seizures since diagnosed.

My son had absent seizures from very young turns out he was allergic to cows milk. Took him off the milk and they stopped. A study was done about this in America and the results were the same with cows milk allergies… Saying that both types need to be confirm by a consultant after doing extensive tests to work out best way forward and treatment.

My son had one . My nephew has seizures . Like he was not responding to his name and his eyes rolled back . During a cycle vomiting episode I learned (diagnosed cvs months later ). We got a neuro referral and 40 min eeg . But no activity during that . Heat seems to be a trigger from that year . But haven’t seen one so he but I can say he did have seizure activity that day ! Just he was sick and I didn’t have my phone to record . But def get a neuro consult !

I’m not sure if this is a repost since it’s a “fan question” but incase anyone is looking for an epilepsy support group, this one is amazing!

Well the first thing I’d ask is if they had the shot

My sister had these as a toddler and has now been diagnosed with epilepsy as a teenager. They put her on medication for them when she was young and now she’s on epilepsy meds.