What causes irregular periods?

I use a period tracker to try to get an idea of when my period will come. it’s never spot on tho. sometimes it’s a few days before or after the day it says on the app. i’m currently 5 days late (according to the app). i’ve been really tired, tender breasts, my nipples feel like needles are poking them but only when i touch them, i’ve been nauseous and have only threw up once but it wasn’t in the morning. i’ve also felt constipated and have had headaches on and off for the last week. I’m scared to take a pregnancy test because i don’t want it to be negative. but i also feel like i could be tricking my body into thinking i’m pregnant when i’m really not. (it’s happened before) i hope i am but i’m just so confused as i’ve never been pregnant before. i guess my question is, are these normal pregnancy signs? how long should i wait to take a pregnancy test?

4 Likes

Hun those symptoms can be period symptoms too the only way you will know is if you take a test I know you’re scared and I get that but that’s the only way to find oht

1 Like

Those are normal pregnancy signs. If you’re regular and you’re already late it isn’t too soon to test.

1 Like

I was sick all day and night all 9 months I was pregnant. Take the test

1 Like

I would test if you get a negative test again in 2 or 3 days I took 3 to make sure i was pregnant first was very faint so I thought it was wrong but the other 2 got bolder with each test. All you can do is test and wait it out

1 Like

I took mine about 8 or 9 days late because I was afraid it would be negative and it took me 7 years to get pregnant and I have been late before and not had a positive ever. My son is now 1 and he is such a blessing

1 Like

I threw up in the middle of the night when I first found out I was pregnant, it wasn’t in the morning when it first started. I would try testing.

1 Like

My boobs didn’t hurt unless I touched them to at first. And you just described how I felt during the beginning and wait about another week to be sure and then take at minimum 3 test because they say 1 in 3 test are wrong

1 Like

Are your areolas darker, that’s a sign too

Take a test first thing in the morning, it will be more accurate. If you’re 5 days late you may be pregnant.

The only thing that can’t lie is HCG levels. Go get a test for 88 cents