What causes irregular periods?

Congrats on your VBAC!

Call a doctor , it is not normal!:cry:

Check with a doctor.

Discuss with your doc.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What causes irregular periods? - Mamas Uncut

I had this same problem the last 3/4 months. I went to my ob and had a ultrasound and got blood work done. Turns out I have a cyst on my left ovary. My blood work came back fine. My doctor isn’t doing anything about it just leaving it.

Sounds like a miscarriage to me

I had my period for about a year every month every 28 days, then it stopped for about 4 months, I thought I was pregnant but not. Then I had my period for 3 months straight. Stopped for 6 days then started again for another month. I haven’t had my period again now for about 2 months. I can’t seem to find any answers from any Dr. have been to about 4 already…

When you go have them check for fibroids and cysts on your ovaries.

get your appointment moved up. Or schedule with someone that can see you sooner

1 Like

Stress, irregular or unhealthy eating habits, PCOS, endometriosis, early menopause, contraception ie IUD, implant or the shot. Std can also cause irregular periods. Pregnancy. The list goes on, best thing to do is go to your gp and get a hormone check

3 Likes

Normal for me before I went on the pill. It was also very heavy. Like I would leak through a super plus and overnight pad in a few hours. I would sometimes have it for 3 weeks, then a week later get it for a week, then 2-3 weeks later again lol.

Weight fluctuations
Stress
Diet
Lifestyle
Unbalanced hormones
Birth control
Smoking
All can affect periods

Probably cysts or polyps. Your ob/gyn will be able to let you know.

1 Like

Cysts can make you bleed between cycles.

I have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) and that’s is how it started out for me with just 1 cyst on my left ovary at age 31 and now I’m 34 with PCOS…
Just my opinion though…

I’m on day 58 of my period. I have pcos so my periods have been irregular for awhile. Blood work showed all to be okay, just have to wait it out :disappointed:

Could be a million things. Go to your gyn. I have an under active thyroid that causes mine.

You’re not an old lady and if you’re sexually active get a pregnancy test and an ovulation test.
The pregnancy test is to see if you are pregnant and the ovulation test is to check your hormones and from their you can calculate the next mental cycle…
You need to make note of how long your mental cycle normally is.
Also make note if it’s usually always light or/to heavy.
Know the start of the cycle and count the days to the next start of the cycle.
Also know your fellow family members cycle this will or may at times clear up some confusion.

Every period I’ve had i always have golf ball sized blood clots :woman_shrugging:t2: after I had my daughter 4yrs ago ill go back and forth between super heavy and just spotting. But I’m used to huge blood clots and cramping so bad I can’t move

You need to go get checked out sweetie. We don’t know your medical history. - children?- family case history. :v:t4::heart::rose:

1 Like

I would go straight to your OBGYN. Something is off and you need diagnostics.

1 Like

It can be a myriad of things. Mostly non serious but needing attention.
I’d be seen before June 2nd. Tell them to call you if someone cancels.
Also, keep a journal of your period. Write everything down to take to the Dr so you don’t forget anything. :black_heart:

I went through this and ended up on my period for 9 months with just a few days off here and there, I had HUGE cysts lining my uterus. It only stopped once they finally burst.

You need to go to the obgyn it could be a number of things.

This is exactly how a really good friend found out she had cervical cancer. Irregular periods with heavy bleeding and blood clots are not normal from some. Especially when there is a change.

Good question see your doctor

I had this happen I had 3 periods about every 6 days in one month. I went to my OB and everything was normal. They switched my birth control.

PCOS, endometriosis, early menopause, thyroid, diet, hormones etc… honestly there could be tons of reasons. You could request having Bw and or u/s ordered so you can have them done between now and June. That way if there is an issue they will address it right away. Or I’d request a sooner appt

I had regular periods at first then as I got older the become irregular and started to be about every two weeks with terrible cramps! Turned out I had a dermoid ovarian cyst that was causing it!

1 Like

Consult a gynaecologist!

l get paid over $135 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12792 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://homej0bonlinework24.neocities.org/

Polyps in the uterine lining can cause irregularity and excessive bleeding. I agree with Polly - don’t wait - you also might have them check for anemia.

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $11388 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://homej0bonlinework30.neocities.org/