What causes sharp pains in vagina?

I’m 16 weeks 4 days pregnant and I’m having sharp shooting pains in my vagina like near my cervix, no bleeding, my back has been hurting as well. I’ve called the on call nurse and have to go in at 8:30 in the morning but just curious any other moms have this? should I be worried? thanks ladies

10 Likes

Lightening crotch! It gets SOOOO fun in the end :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

4 Likes

It may just be your uterus stretching and making room for baby. Causing the pain in your crotch.

3 Likes

Went to e.r. and it’s your body growing

Stretching of the uterus. It is normal. Blessings

2 Likes

Lightning crotch!!! :tired_face:

That’s lightening crotch due to expansion

1 Like

You need to see a doctor, some time it does happen to have the sharp pain, but always good to get checked

I had the same thing at 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 25 weeks, and at 35. It was when my daughter made bigger jumps in growth and my uterus had to grow with her. But NEVER feel bad about going to dr if you aren’t sure. That’s what my dr always told me.

Yes… I call it crotch attacks and it gets worse in the end lol… in the end u will also have these lightning pains in ur ass :joy:

My doc called it lightning. It was intense. I swear I felt like the baby was coming through. Mine was more towards the last 8 weeks though

1 Like

I call them fanny daggers :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Lighting crotch. Im currently 16 weeks 5 days and im having the exact pains. My baby is also Very active. This is my 5th baby but i havent had a baby in 13 years. So all these new pains n stuff are kinds scaery.

Had very similar sounding pains it was just ligaments stretching but good lord did it feel like the worst pain at times. Would take my breath away and I’d have trouble walking at times. After a week or two other kinda got better.

Sounds like normal pregnancy pains to me…

It is the ligaments stretching more than likely. I thought the kid was tearing me apart from the inside out.

My midwife had me drink a glass of wine and lay down with feet up.

Sounds like your round ligament is being stretched…try getting on your hands and knees and arch your back then straighten it and keep doing that a few times…this came from my chiropractor who specializes in pregnancies…sometimes baby just lays on it too long…I would get it in the same spot as mentioned and then up and around my belly…but if you’re unsure don’t hesitate to get checked out

I got that with my daughter…still get that feeling even now…but i have cysts and pelvic inflammatory disease(**no it can’t be cured by antibiotics…tested negative for all infections and STD’s.)

Stretching and hormones acting up Carol Ann

This happened to me randomly from about 4 months until babe was born.