What could cause pelvic pain and discharge?

I’ve never had a problem with my hygiene or health. I also got off the depo in January and have been working on tracking my cycle to not have my hormones out of wack with birth control. Well recently (past 5/6 months) I’ve had a yeast infection, a UTI and then a bladder infection. Now I currently have something else going on, tmi (if it wasn’t one before) I’ve noticed I have green discharg which I’ve never had before, it has no smell and it looks like snot (litterally like ovulation would) but I have a ton of pelvic pain with it and cramps, last night my hip and back were aching/cramping so much. I did book an appt but it’s until the 5th so what could be going on?!?! I know you’re not medical professionals but maybe as women someone might know I’m losing my marbles. I use unscented soaps, take my probiotics and vitamins, drink a ton of water rarely buy any soda, Im very hygienic and “crunch”.Please help on what this could be? Is this an issue my husband can cause or affect? I’m at a loss.

71 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What could cause pelvic pain and discharge? - Mamas Uncut

Green vaginal discharge is often a sign that you have a vaginal infection. Common culprits are a yeast infection or vaginosis, but it is also a common symptom of STDs, like trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, or chlamydia. You will likely have other symptoms like irritation or pain with urinating

8 Likes

I would definitely go get tested with green discharge

Green means either BV or and STD

4 Likes

Green discharge is a sign of infection or something else like STD go get checked out so you can correct the problem before it gets worse

2 Likes

Yeah that’s an STD or a stupid bag infection

1 Like

My first thought is an std, could be a hormonal imbalance too, could be a lot of things. Have them do a papsmear and check for any stds tho.

4 Likes

I would go get tested and not wait for that appt , bad infection or an std .

1 Like

I wouldn’t wait, ask them to book you sooner or go to urgent care

5 Likes

Green discharge is a sign of a STD. Hopefully you find answers.

4 Likes

Get ckd for an STD, if sexually active could have contracted. The symptoms your complaining about have me concerned.

Sounds like gonorrhea. Luckily it can be treated but get tested asap.

1 Like

You have something bad, green is not good, just go to er and tell them about pain, discharge and your chronic infections! Someone from ob will check you out.

2 Likes

Bacterial vaginois infection it’ll look like an std but it’s not, Canesten sells the medication for BVI

That’s a bacterial infection you got

Google shows what different discharges look like and what the cause might be but it sounds like an STD or bad infection at the least. Go to urgent care. Sorry you’re going through this. Hope you find the answers and help you are needing.

2 Likes

Sounds like an std, or infection

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s a thing or not but do they have tests similar to the at home hiv and yeast infection tests but for different sti’s? If so maybe you could try that while waiting g for your appointment. But DEFINITELY go see the doc. Also you could check for appointments at your local health dpt. Good luck im so sorry

Pelvic inflammatory disease 

5 Likes

yea hun i know it might make you feel dirty but thats gonorrhea for sure, it can takes months to even notice, your husband cheated on you and i know its hard to believe right now but all those signs are def std signs. he needs to be treated and its up to you if you want to stay with him or not but thats your choice. hes cheating on you maybe at work or afterwards, you could have been getting bv from before

3 Likes

Sounds similar to pelvic inflammatory dieses get seen asap incase it is can make you extremely ill

1 Like

The 5th of June? You shouldn’t wait that long. Green almost always means some type of infection. Have them move up your appointment or going somewhere else. Anyone in pain shouldn’t be waiting a month to be seen.

Sounds like PID maybe??

1 Like

Go to urgent care if you can’t wait! Even if you’re careful things like this happen to the best of us. Regardless of what it is you shouldn’t be in pain as these things only get worse usually

My children father had cheated and gave me an STI and those were the symptoms. I waited over a month to be seen and then ended up having inflammation and problems for like 6 months. Don’t hold off

3 Likes

Go to the doctor ASAP

Sounds like bacterial vaginosis to me, either way you need to be check by a gynecologist as soon as possible. Make it clear to them that you have some type of infection and need immediate care

2 Likes

They absolutely need to and will work you in same day for this at the obgyn

Sounds like it could be and STI bath and use a cup of vinegar in your bath and soak and keep that appointment or go to a walk in clinic to get tested sooner

It could be a sign that you definitely need to see your real Dr.

I had so many issues with the depo shot

Yes that’s looking like ghonerea :frowning::frowning::frowning:

Green means infection. Go to the emergency

Sounds like BV to me

I would go to a sexual health clinic if theres one available to you wherever you live. Waiting until June is a bit long for a potential infection. I’m sorry but it does sound like an STI.

1 Like

Just go to your local er or health department.

3 Likes

Definitely some type of infection, maybe even an STI. Some clinics or hospitals will have results back within 2 hours.

You need to advocate for yourself to be seen sooner. Pelvic pain is no joke. It could be various things. Chlamydia one of them.

2 Likes

Order BORIC LIFE off of Amazon. It changed my life when I used to get BV or my PH changed. Use one suppository when you can smell or feel the difference. It last for 12 hours and can be used once a day for 7 days.
It works better than any creams over the counter and or being on meds that cause yeast infections.

BUT… GREEN DISHCHARGE SOUNDS LIKE STD.

1 Like

You really need to go to the ER or to a gynecologist to be checked.

2 Likes

Go to your doctor, get STD tested or looked at for bacterial infection.

3 Likes

It sounds like an STI. Call your doctor back and let them know there has been a change in the discharge. If they are still not available, go to an urgent care and get tested.

1 Like

Sounds like an infection, possibly pelvic inflammatory disease

5 Likes

It could be any number of things going on. Your dr should run cultures and STI/STD check to start out with to rule out infections.

1 Like

Sounds like gonorrhea :pensive:

2 Likes

When I was on the depo I couldn’t stop bleeding. And when I did it spotted and smelled so off. I was horrified I thought I had an sti but turned out it was just my birth control sucking! Switched to an iud. Had no problems.

Sounds like a std :unamused::woman_shrugging:

You could just have a bacteria infection or a cyst. Most definitely don’t wait until the 5th….you need to be seen now!!

3 Likes

Go to doctor!!! I did and found out I had cancer, go

2 Likes

Could be a UTI, maybe a cyst on your ovary. I had a UTI so bad one time I was screaming in pain. They can get real bad. You could have more than just one thing wrong as well. I’d definitely try to make an appt with an OB and maybe your pcp as well

1 Like

It could be an STI or some type of pelvic infection. Either way that needs to be treated. Don’t take medical advice off this. Just go to your OBGYN or a women’s clinic. Definitely wouldn’t let that go. Prob an easy fix for a physician.

2 Likes

Please get checked for chlamydia or gonorrhea.

7 Likes

Maybe some type of infection

1 Like

Pelican inflammatory disease or severe bacterial vaginitis orrr toxic shock syndrome orrrr a possible STD

Jfc go to the emergency room!

3 Likes

Sounds like a kidney infection try putting some salt in your bath water and soak in it for a bit

Get checked for vaginosis. It’s only caused by multiple partners. I got a horrible UTI and they did a pap and I had vaginosis, which you can only get with someone having multiple partners, and I had no multiple partners. It stated in my diagnosis, and instructions to inform all sexual partners that they needed to be treated with Flagyl. I had him the balls. the cheating fk with dirty whores. I didn’t have the exact symptoms that you had. I caught it early from the UTI, and insisted they run tests for any and all STD and STI’s. Please have your doctor or the ER test you for everything please !!

Green means infection. Doctor asap!

8 Likes

I wouldn’t wait until the 5th, your doctors office should be able to get you in sooner for something like that. That’s crazy that they aren’t! If anything go to your primary or an urgent care, tell them your symptoms. If anything you can be possibly be put on an antibiotic prophylactically. Could be a number of things. The office I work in will treat as indicated/necessary. As well as fit people in for problem visits sooner than 2-3 weeks out

3 Likes

You need to see a doctor immediately!! Do not wait, go to urgent care or ER if you have to

5 Likes

dr already b4 it gets any worse! Bad infection :frowning:

3 Likes

Go and get tested for STD’S
Life shouldn’t be like that

2 Likes

We are not doctors. I would go to a walk in. Good luck. Ps this sounds like a medical problem

1 Like

STI, STD, BV find a different docotor if you’re in this much pain.

6 Likes

When was the last time you had a PAP smear? May pay to get a check

3 Likes

I had afreind go through these same symptoms 10 yrs ago. she had a tubal pregnacy…get to er stat

2 Likes

STD or STI maybe. don’t wait around, get checked out ASAP!

1 Like

Please make sure to get checked out sooner

yes , get checked out - don’t say that you’ll do it today and u don’t do get checked it’s your health you are talking about- GO IT RIGHT AWAY

1 Like

Go to Urgent Care tomorrow ! Don’t wait around .

1 Like

Bacterial vaginosis.

1 Like

If you’re sexual active it’s probably an STI, if not you’ve definitely got some kind of infection. Try to get your app moved up or go to emergency.

1 Like

Just go for a swab/lab test and know for sure, otherwise things could go south real quick.

Green discharge is usually Trich. Make and appt with your gyn for cultures sooner

Sounds like pelvic inflammatory disease.

1 Like

Green vaginal discharge is often a sign that you have an infection. Common culprits are a yeast infection or vaginosis, but it is also a common symptom of STDs, like trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, or chlamydia. You will likely have other symptoms like irritation or pain with urinating.

1 Like

This in Nz is called BV/gardnorella and is a vaginal infection that cause discharge discoloration and you may notice a whiff :sweat_smile:…not to worry they have antibiotics for it

1 Like

Wow there are some real ground zero comments here :rofl:

Do u have a spot appearing on your area? I had a spot had to get vagasil, it was a yeast infection. My obgyn told me the green discharge was a yeast infection he even double checked. I’d go to the er bc yeast infections hurt badly hope u get answers soon from a dr obgyn or er dr. It was mixed with and sti with the name my obgyn used was trich. Can’t remember how to spell it. He said my cyst caused it since I’m not active. Get check for a cyst to be on the safe side

2 Likes

It’s trich. You need antibiotics. Could also be something left inside(like a tampon). Less likely is bv the clap or gonorrhea.

I would call other gynos to get you in sooner. The longer you wait, the more long term issues you can have(like infertility)

3 Likes

If you have any diarrhea or nausea, get checked for toxic shock syndrome. Otherwise it sounds like bacterial vaginosis. If you had an STI, you’d feel pain when urinating… Which feels like a UTI. I’d go get checked right away

Yeast infections can cause green discharge not always a std

Go to after hours clinic or ER today. It don’t sound like something to wait on. You never want a green discharge from any part of your body & especially there & with the pain. Please go now. Please for your own safety!!

Go to urgent care…even if you trust your husband still ask for an std/sti screening to rule out all possibilities of the cause of infection.

5 Likes

Let us know the outcome from doctor please

2 Likes

I had PID many years ago and those were my symptoms along with a fever. I was in so much pain I had to go to the hospital. Got very good pain meds and a shot of antibiotics and was good. Doctor told me I was leaving in the tampon too long. Never got it again. Don’t mess around I’d go to the hospital because it ended up causing scar tissue around my fallopian tube’s

2 Likes

PCOS, endometriosis. Request an ultrasound

Gonorrhea,Trich, chylmedia. Your man sleeping around on you.

4 Likes

Could be a cyst! Because of the pain. If its not anything else, I would get tested. If iys recurring BV, get tested for Ureaplasma which is the cause.

2 Likes

See your doctor now.

Sounds like a sexual transmitted infection or disease. I’d go get screened for everything. But mainly chlamydia or gonnorea. I have been told that causes green discharge and smelly.

4 Likes

I had PID many moons ago, lol… I was 19ish, I’m 38 now…

Anyway, those were my symptoms… but i had just gotten tested a couple months prior and have horrible cycles… so I figured it was part of my new normal…

Put it off and put it off… it scarred up my left fallopian tube pretty badly…

I had set up an appt, but ended up going to urgent care instead because of pain fluctuations… if I had waited another month for the appt, I can only imagine how much damage could have been done… (I just went on with life for over a month before getting concerned and making an appt… I was 30 when I realized some things I thought were normal and ignored… aren’t normal, lol)

Not saying you have it, but making a strong point…

DO NOT MISS THAT APPT… lol

Good luck!
Hugs!

I’d go to urgent care or er.

1 Like

I’d go to urgent care or call your obgyn office and see if they have same day appointments. It sounds like a STD. Almost sounds like pelvic inflammatory disease. I’d definitely get checked for STD’s.

:pray: for you I hope is not fibroids, cancer please request a ultrasound.

My guess (if there has been complete monogamy) is BV

Idk, green discharge sounds like some type of infection.

3 Likes

That sounds like BV. I only say that bc I’m currently dealing w it and that’s my symptoms

Numerous STD’s can cause this. Get tested, and open communication with your Partners.

1 Like