What happens if you fail the 1 hour glucose test?

If you fail you take a 3 hour glucose test. I failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour

I failed 3 hrā€¦gestational diabetes. But, I met with a dietician and managed mine with diet quite well

With my second, I failed the 1 hour test but passed the 3 hour one.

You take the 3 hr. I had to do it and since i passed hrs 1 and 2 i didnt have to do hr 3

I failed both. Lol. Just means you have gestational diabetes

1 Like

Listen to the podcast on indie birth about gestational diabetes

Youā€™ll have to do the 3 hour one

They make you retake it and do a 4 hour blood test

Itā€™s super common to fail the one hour and pass the three hour

Last pregnancy I failed the 1 hr and passed the 3 hr

Drink lots of water, trust me!

Yup I bombed my 1 hour with my last one lmao

You do the 3 hour test

1 Like

Thatā€™s all that happens. You take the 3 hour test. If you have gestational diabetes they will tell you to adjust your diet and test your glucose regularly. I failed the 1 hour but passed the 3 hour.

I failed, passed the 3 hour

They have you do a three hour glucose test

I failed both and had gd but luckily it wasnt bad where i needed insulin i just had to monitor my diet and prick test myself before and after a meal

Yup I failed the one hour and passed the 3hr

My friend just failed her one hour and passed the 3.

Failed 1 hour with 191ā€¦didnā€™t get the option of the 3 hour. Started on a diabetic diet and eventually had to take insulin. Now Iā€™m about 6w pp and my A1C came back in normal range. Waiting on 2 hour glucose tolerance test results from today.

Yeah if you fail the 1 hour you take a 3 hour fasting test. You dont eat after 12 am you drink the same drink and they take your blood 4 times over the course of 3 hours

I failed the one hour and ate 4 peanut butter cookies at my 3 hour and still passed the 3 hour

Failed first one passed the 3 hour.

Failed the one hour but passed the 3 hour itā€™s common

Be sure to ask your dr. There are a lot of differant answers here

I always fail the 1hr and pass the 3hr

Where do you guys live to do a 3 hour test?

I failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour.

ā€¦ the whaatā€¦??.. and whatā€™s it for againā€¦??..:bangbang:

Its called a 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test. You will fast, your blood will be drawn. You will then be given a drink to drink. 1 hour after consumption your blood will be drawn each hour for 3 hours. If it comes back elevated your diet will have to be modified and continuous monitoring.

Took 3 and was fine so idk after that

What happens is, you take the 3 hour. Fast for 8-12 hours, NOTHING but water, not even a piece of gum. But DO absolutely drink water. But, donā€™t over do it. If they allow you to leave(we donā€™t so we can monitor you while you wait for your draws every hour), BE EARLY to return for your next draw. Each one MUST be drawn on time, give or take a few mins. Do NOT slam the drink. Typically, youā€™re given up to 5 mins to drink it. Use the time your given. You donā€™t have to take the whole 5 or so mins, but DO NOT GUZZLE it, because itā€™s Sooo sugary, you could vomit(rarely, some pass out), and if that happens, the whole tests has to start over from the beginning and that means coming back another day after fasting again.

I failed the 1 hour and then passed the 3 hour with both pregnancies.

Oh boy
You take the three hour
However
They canā€™t make you do anything just saying
I was very upset when I found out I was two points above and was told to do the three hour after I threw up during the one hour test
It wasnā€™t until after the fact I found out I was hardly above the reference rangeā€”- seriously so pissed !!

You will have to go back for a 3 hour one! I failed the one hour with my first child and the 3 hour one SUCKS

Are you overweight and like sugar?

You have to do a one hour? Itā€™s always been three

Prayers you pass the next one!:heart:

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What happens if you fail the 1 hour glucose test? - Mamas Uncut

The drink for the 3 hour was much thicker I thought. I failed it by a couple points in my last trimester. Got a monitor took my sugar 3 to 4 times a day charted what I ate and was able to control it thru diet.

1 Like

this could just be a pregnancy thing, Take the 3 hr one, Breathe & you will be fine

3 Likes

I stopped sugar a week before my second test. Passed my three hourā€¦ It was a bitch to sit there and I got a heck of a bruise on my arm.

Thereā€™s a 3 hour and a 6 hour test at some places I failed the 1 hour and took the 3 hour I asked the dr what would happen if I failed both and he told me they would do a 6 hour test past that idk

The 3 hr. Is at hospital they draw your blood 4x. Take something to entertain you it is boring :sleeping: good luck!!!

They take ur blood make you drink that stuff and you get three more draws. Ive read the levels on the 1 hr are strict to be sure they catch anything the 3 hour one wasnt bad except having to sit there for 3 hrs

I failed my three hour this time. I barely failed but it counts as a fail. Iā€™ve been able to control my sugar my switching to sugar free drinks and better food portioning.

1 Like

I did with my first kid. When I went for my next one I drank a lot of water and avoided sweets the day before and it came out normal for me

You would have to get it redone

I failed with my first child and failed with my second pregnancy just managed to get through the 3hrs yesterday when I got it redone

I failed the one hour, had to do the 3 hour, but passed that one.

I had to take the 3 hour with 3 of my pregnancies and everything came back fine. Donā€™t stress to much about it.

Iā€™m pregnant with my 2nd and I failed the 1 hour test but passed the 3 hour.

I failed the hour test with all of mine and done the three hour test with all and barely passed :blush: It really wasnā€™t all that bad. I took my phone played games and crossword/suduko puzzle books .

I failed the 1 hour. Youā€™ll do a 3 hour next. I passed the 3 hourā€¦ most do.

They may treat you for gestational diabetes

Not sure cuz I vomited on the one hour test so they didnā€™t need to do the three hour test to know that I had gestational diabetes

Youā€™ll drink another one of those drinks then they will take blood to check it every hour :blush: goodluck on the 3 hour one.

I failed the one hour by a couple points, had to do the 3 hr and passed with flying colors

I failed the 1 hr and passed the 3 hour with my youngest

I failed my 1 hour with both my pregnancyā€™s and passed the 3 hour one.

For the 3 hour they draw your blood 4 times. If you fail, donā€™t feel like you did something wrong. Sometimes itā€™s out of your control. They will have you do a finger prick 4 times a day monitoring your diet. I was able to stay diet controlled, but if you canā€™t with that they will either give you insulin or Metformin.

All I remember was being sooo hungry :sob::sob::sob: and bored outta my mind!

I never have but I know they just have you take it again but a three hr test.Best of luck!

When I was pregnant with my son, i had to do that and failed the first one. Then I failed the 3 hour. All I remember is that I couldnā€™t leave but I could recline in my car and I was ready to puke all over. I had a massive migraine and my body hurt. If tou failed that one, they might have to refer you to a nutritionist to help you out with the dieting. I hated it and became a giant bitch but over time it got better. I gained/lost weight, maybe a pound or 2, but I was at my pre-pregnancy weight the whole time. Itā€™s a bitch to have but itā€™ll be fine afterwards.

Yeah I failed my first one but then passed the 3 hr

Refuse the second test. Demand to finger stick for a week, because that is actually accurate to your lifestyle.

1 Like

No one called me back about my glucose test

This is baby #4 and this is the first time I failed both times (most momā€™s will pass the 3 hour)ā€¦the 3 hour test is kind of rough you have to fast the night before then going in on an empty stomach and only get a sugary drink (it honestly made me sick :nauseated_face:) I know itā€™s not like that for everyone though and even if you fail the 3 hour having GD hasnā€™t been that bad for me personally :slightly_smiling_face: itā€™s diet controlled and itā€™s definitely forced me to eat better and look at how/what Iā€™m eatingā€¦the only downside is checking my sugar 4 times a day :confounded: but you will be okay mama gl :crossed_fingers:t3:

I failed my 1 hour but with such low glucose I should of been passed out on the floor I guess :joy:
It was a fluke and I did the 1 hour again and was fine.

Okay so with our first child, my little mama was gestational but due to being tired she slept during the wait for the test. Now one our second, she walked a little bit and it helped her body break that sugar down alot more. But being gestational wasnt a bad experience, we both worked together to cook healthier and it was okay. Just remember to check it and itā€™ll even encourage you to be healthier afterwards

I failed the one hourā€¦ because I took ONE bite of a banana early that morning :expressionless: Did the three hour test, ate a hard boiled egg that morning and passed. They said the banana had too much natural sugar and fudged my resultsā€¦

You go in for the three hour fasting test.
I fail my one hours every time. The day before your three hour, avoid sugar, stay hydrated and eat a good filling dinner.

With my second child I failed the 1 hour so bad they didnā€™t give me the option for the 3 hour one. I did keto during my pregnancy and my numbers were great, didnā€™t have to do any medication to help anything. When my daughter was born they tested her sugar a few times and her numbers were great as well. I have my machine and check it often just to keep an eye on it

1 Like

I did a 2 hour test only and was told I had gestational diabetes :upside_down_face:

They make you take a three hour test.

I failed the one hour test and passed the 3 hour test

It doesnā€™t necessarily mean anything, so donā€™t get worked up just yet. :wink:
I failed my 1 hour test with my last pregnancy (currently 40 weeks), had to do the 3 hour test, and passed it. I passed the 1 hour test with each of my older kids, so this was the first time I had to do the 3 hour. Itā€™s rough, especially if you have sickness during pregnancy. It was pretty rough on me but I suffered from sickness horribly around that time, and 1030 was also the earliest time they had for me. Try to get the first appointment because you will have to fast. But I wouldnā€™t worry too much right now. I worried but my dr informed me that although itā€™s not super super common, it does happen and isnā€™t out of the norm for a woman to fail the 1 hour but pass the 3 hour.

I refused the three hour test and did an A1C blood test instead.

I failed had to do 3hr one, had to go on a strict diet with no sugar. And labour had to be induced. It was gone after i gave birth

I definitely recommend doing the earliest appointment to help with the no food or drink before the test. I failed the 1 hour, did the 3 hour & was fine.

Sooo i had to fast. Both my boys i failed the tesr first time went in second time snd passed. It can happpen failing the first test but if you fail the second then ig it means you have it see i forgot caise i cant remmber if my ob office has you test a 3rd time or not they told me bug shoot thats been awhile cause with my daughter i passed the first time.

I failed with my daughter and had to go in early for another appointment and I had my blood drawn drank the drink and had to have my blood drawn three more times. I hate needles and it sucked but it came back normal after that. Iā€™m hoping I wonā€™t have to go through that again with my son this time around.

My sugar was high for my one hour, so I had to do the 3 hour test with all 3 kids. The 3 hour test determined I was fine.

Youā€™ll take the three hour test and if you pass you donā€™t have to worry about what you eat, but if you fail you have to be really strict with how you eat. I know someone who had GD and she was miserable the entire time because there was so much she could not eat.

Failed the first, passed the second. I couldnā€™t eat anything anyway because I had hyperemesis and was so sickā€¦it took everything in me not to throw it up.

Yes, I passed my first 1 hour. Failed my second one hour. Took the 3 hour a couple days ago: nothing to eat or drink after midnight. Theyā€™ll take your blood as soon as you get there (this is considered your fasting one), then you will drink 100gram bottle of glucose & get blood drawn every hour for the next 3 hours.

Took the 1 hour test twice cause Iā€™m over weight . You need to be safe . Failed the second one passed the first . Passed my 3 hour . Dont eat or drink anything besides water the night before your test like they say . And just hope for the best . Take a breathe try not to get worked up cause you might feel light headed . Bring something to read to keep your mind away from being hungry.

I failed the one hour with my daughter but passed the 3 hour. Iā€™m currently 36 weeks pregnant with my son and failed both this time. Iā€™m on a strict diet but Iā€™ve been able to control it that way without having to go on insulin or anything. If you do end up with it, theyā€™ll probably try to see if you can control it with diet before they put you on insulin unless your readings are crazy high or something.

Gestational diabetes follow you much closer and might have to be induced cause baby could much to big for natural birth (just my experience)

Itā€™s common to fail the 1 hour. Most women do. You have to fast for the 3 hour one. Good luck momma. You got this.

with my third pregnancy Failed the first failed the 3 hr ,then got send to Mfm to get a glucose monitor and diet controlled you also get more ultrasounds and and none stress test induced at 38 weeks

You do the 3 hour test and it all depends if you pass or fail it. I failed my 1 hour but passed my 3 hour. Good luck

You canā€™t and should not try to manipulate the test in your favor. If you have gestational diabetes it is very important to know that. Some people can control it with diet, but you still need to monitor your sugar regularly. I see lots of bunk information here. Weight, health, size, diet etc DO NOT determine if you will have GD. It is the placenta. The health of your baby is important and having an accurate test plays a big role in that.

I failed my one hour and passed my 3. Itā€™s actually pretty common.

Mom of 10 ā€¦ I failed the 1 hour with 6 of them ā€¦ they just give you more instructions before you take the 3 hour .

Lol I failed the 1-hour test with my secondā€¦because I ate three bags of fruit snacks on the way to the appt like a Do-do :crazy_face::laughing:

I failed my first test but passed my second, I hope it all works out, positive thoughts momma :sparkling_heart:

They make you take a second one. :confused: I was diabetic when prego but am good now with another baby after my gestational diabetes baby #2 lol

Fail my 1 hr had to take 3 hr. Ended up having gestational diabetes

You didnā€™t fail it, your results indicate a need for further testing.

You really shouldnā€™t need to be too careful with youā€™re eating. This test is to see how your body is digesting sugar. So if youā€™re too careful for the test then you could actually be skewing the results and harming yourself and your baby. They need to see how your body works regularly.