What happens when you and your spouse grow apart?

So this is going to be kinda a weird post. But I am curious. Please, no bashing me; I just want to openly discuss something. I have been with my husband since I was 15 years old; I am 31 now. We have children together, a house together, we both have a job, be both contribute to housework and family. But what happens when as you grew, you grew apart? Your taste changed? You aren’t attracted anymore. Your personalities clash…My husband and I are both white, and as I got older, I was no longer into that. This is just thought like I said, so please do not bash me. I don’t have many friends.

133 Likes

That depends. My husband and I grew apart. We separated. Then we became friends again. Started finding things that we loved about each other. We grew closer once again. Now we are stronger than ever before. To me, the hard parts in your marriage help determine how strong your marriage will be. There are of course reason to leave, but marriage does require hard work too. As far as you not being attracted to him cause he is white, idk. I’ve never dated a white guy before. If you are no longer attracted to him it would be hard to stay in the marriage.

Would rather see nails than answering flippin questions, :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

14 Likes

No bashing just asking for clarification. Are you no longer attracted to your husband and are seeking an interracial thing?

Feelings change , it happens. My ex and I grew in different directions and we got divorced but are still like best friends.

Why stay with someone if you aren’t attracted to them? I’m 31 been with my husband since we were 13. I love him so much but if I didnt i wouldn’t stay and be un happy. Be happy life is to short can always stay friends.

3 Likes

At the end of the day you need to do what makes you happy and what is best for you. Have you talked to your husband about this?

3 Likes

Am I reading more into this? What does ur race have to do with it! Have u ask ur husband how he feels! Talk it out first ! Everyone has to be on the same page! Because if not . It might be a disaster!

Seek to find the reason (s) why you are feeling unhappy. Sometimes couples do grow apart if they’ve been together for a long time. Oftentimes the way they treated us to court us, date us, is not the way it stays in the marriage. They have what they desired and no longer work at it. However, my suggestion is that if you know you’re unhappy, staying is doing you no favors. You’ll end up resenting this man. Do what’s best for you. The hell what anyone else has to say.

2 Likes

Unliking this page. All the drivel on it.

3 Likes

I have been with my husband since I was 15 and he’s my best friends and the love of my life we are 39 … if your not happy then you have to talk to him …maybe do Date once a month… go away for the weekend just you two to see if you the butterflies :butterfly:come back . Sometimes that’s what u need

2 Likes

Attraction comes and goes, or ebbs and flows I should say. After this long do you honestly think another person would “get” you, like him? It’s hard to find. A long love like you have. Even if you find a person next week and enjoy them and end up happy, it’d be a long long time to get that same connection, with the new one. Also, how about if the tables are turned and he felt like this, that’d hurt I bet. Just don’t be ungrateful about what you have because it’s not on trend. Or because it’s boring. Of course it’s boring after so long…It’s still a good and beautiful thing.

It happens… you’re not the same person you were at 15…

1 Like

It’s okay to just part ways on good terms. If you don’t want to work on your relationship it’s okay to separate. It happens, and sometimes people are better as friends than partners. You both can still have a good relationship as friends and parents for your children.

2 Likes

You stay and make it work? You made a commitment and you have children.

2 Likes

If this isn’t a nail page anymore just say that…

10 Likes

where’s the nail posts tho

8 Likes

After all the time, effort, and emotion you both have invested in your relationship, please go to couples counseling before doing anything drastic. You owe each other that.

4 Likes

Are you no longer doing nails ??? Go to marriage counseling they can help you. What do you mean that you and your husband are both white colour of your skin is not the problem its how you feel about each other Dont stay in a marriage because of the kids

1 Like

What’s happens when you leave this page :wave:t4::joy:

2 Likes

If God was in your relationship, you wouldn’t have those issues.

10 Likes

I’m actually surprised by the amount of people that have been with their partners since they were 14 and 15 years old. (I’ve been with my guys since I was 14 now 31)

1 Like

Remember why you said yes … Love is a choice… U owe it to yourself and your spouse to give ur marriage a chance … Go on a date w him /her …hold hands and laugh again …

6 Likes

People change as they “grow up”. Got married at 18 - 20 years later realized we had nothing in common - other than 3 children and living in the same place. He had - uh - found someone… we divorced after that. I think getting tied into a relationship before you mature fully is a recipe for disaster. Move on. Life is too short. And to those who are going to lecture me about divorce - :woman_shrugging:t3:.

You get a divorce and move on

Girl go to counseling you be asking hella questions :roll_eyes: about stuff you should already know

3 Likes

Trying to figure out what happened to this page. Going to give it one more chance then deleting cause I just dont get it now.

Gona leave this group, I miss seeing the nail ideas.

4 Likes

Lemme unfollow this page… I don’t see shit about nails.

3 Likes

Do what you think is right for you. Being in a relationship where you arnt happy isn’t good for you your husband or the kids. Life is definitely short you should do what you feel is best for you.

byeee ‘Nails to die for’
no nails just articles all great questions and senerios of fans but maybe change the name of page or start a new one for just " fan questions" and articles… goodluck to every fan in situations pray have faith and move on life’s short to be wondering for the what ifs. turn the page start fresh :blush::v:t2:

You don’t go to a nail page to ask about this

After tryn couple therapy mayb breaking apart as friends and remaining just friends will be good but all couples grew apart u have to find out what u was attracted to n beginning and grew more it’s hard out here good guys r not here anymore they start but end up bad very bad

Feel you. maybe take some time apart? Look at old photos and see if any old feelings are still there?

1 Like

Talk to your husband

3 Likes

Get a babysitter, go on a date.

4 Likes

What has you both being white got to do with it, I’m confused on that part? :purple_heart:

11 Likes

Communication is the Biggest Key of ALL Relationships. Talk to each other and say what and how you feel about each other. Look through pictures, go to old places and remind your how and why you got Married. :thinking: I’m Confused why does the color of your skin matter? In my Opinion it is how you feel about each other on the inside not the color of your skin.

Ask yourself what you really want. If you want to save your marriage then take steps to do just that…go in dates, talk,spend quality time together.

2 Likes

See marriage counciling. Maybe its just life thats casued you to grow apart and you both have to find the spark again.

7 Likes

Go on a date! Start doing the things that brought you together again!

2 Likes

Marriage takes work for sure… do things to try to rekindle your relationship! And… making God the head of your home is a big important part!! All the best!! Your marriage is worth saving! You won’t find anyone better and who’ll love your children the way he does!!!

6 Likes

It wouldn’t be abnormal to grow apart. The fact you have been together since you were 15 only means that as an adult your preferences may have changed you have different life goals or dreams and that’s normal. What you don’t mention is whether or not,you both love each other. I think maybe you need some date nights, go through some old photos, talk and try to regain that spark that once was there. Or the other thing is separate and see what happens which I never like to recommend because I really believe in fixing things that are,fixable or at the very least try to. But honestly it is common for people to change over the years and it isn’t necessarily a bad thing we just grow in different ways and you being young when you became a coup,e probably has a lot to do with the changes in your outlook.

6 Likes

I feel you girl. When the spark is out for me, it’s out for good. Life is too short to be miserable or waste my time. I think you get my drift. Good luck to you hun

I am twice your age and this by no means is bashing you. Someone dropped the ball. We have been together thirty years. We still hold hands. He still puts his hand on my thigh when we’re driving. I still catch him watching when I’m dressing or undressing. I was worried when the last chick flew the nest. But I invest in keeping Love alive and so dies he. I’m praying you find it in your husband again❤

Sexcation is in order. Be friends again. Have fun.

Sometime you gotta see what’s out there…some time apart while y’all talk and go to therapy idk but marriage is work and keeping all the things you mention alive is the work.

I think it is good to be honest with yourself. But also look towards renewing your relationship .
It isnt over.
Or broken.
It is evolving.
Take it up, direct it, find new things together to share.

11 Likes

You were really young, as we get older we change and we don’t have the same wants and desires we once did. I’d take a real hard look at you’re marriage and talk with him. If you both agree that you’ve grown apart since becoming adults it might be time to move on and find relationships that make you happy now as the adult you are. 15 is really really young. You’re not that person anymore.

7 Likes

You need to be bashed…him too…if you have something beautiful… why look for something else…less! Unless it’s a one sided marriage and you’ve tried hard and can’t fix it…

6 Likes

First talk to kids find out what they Love most about Daddy and then have them share with you what they like best you guys do together…Then date a few times and talk about them things…see if it brings you back . Yes being with someone from your youth ,you can grow apart…but most relationships it’s you first and him next…and then you grow more… don’t give in to soon

The difference is you were a child back then and now you’re all grown up. You are young enough to start all over again. You have no idea how it feels to be a single lady. If you feel like you’re missing out and you find yourself getting bored with him. Maybe its time for you to start finding your way out of that relationship. Get to know yourself without him. Life is short.

6 Likes

Being 31 you may not appreciate having someone for that many years but as you age you will but IF you were to experience other men or relationships you may find that none of them will know you like he does know all of the lil things that mean sooo much, then you’ll have all that other drama to overcome to find your way back to each other, stick it out , grow and change With each other honor your vows and God will reward you for it!

20 Likes

Ok I’m gonna get bashed hard for this but here goes. It’s my opinion if someone doesn’t agree keep scrolling and move right along. First and foremost you and hubby need to have some long hard talks about your separate wants and needs as well as your wants and needs as a couple and as parents. One of these talks might include exploring new sexual relationships either together or alone. That could include friends with befits, swinging, poly or any number of opinions. 15 is very young to start a relationship and know what you will want in 20 years, we all change, every part of of changes. It’s normal. But these are things that need to be talk about between you and him no one eles. No one on here has been in your life day in and day out, we can tell you what we might do if we were in your situation but we aren’t and haven’t been. These are our best guesses. I pray you guys find the right answer for you that is what you and your family need. These are things that have helped me and my hubby (married at 19 married 20 years 2 kids now empty nesters) but each person and relationships is different. I hope you find something that works for you no matter what that is.

Very interesting, the comments, so insightful. This helped me also.

Congratulations for being married that long. Every marriage experiences a slump, marriage counseling would be ideal they will help you all ignite your passion.

4 Likes

Being attracted to something else doesn’t mean you grew apart it means you need to keep your eyes on your man who been with you that long im not trying to bash at all but girl if a man is with you this long now days cherish it :heartbeat:

17 Likes

Don’t look to others for something different. Try looking at your spouse in a different light.

13 Likes

You talk to your husband about your feelings and get into counseling. Each of you needs to evaluate what you want and need.

5 Likes

I left a 22 year marriage and it was the best decision for me personally life is too short. You need to do what’s right for you and do some soul searching. In the end it’s up for you to decide…Good Luck

13 Likes

I remember hearing a talk once where the husband was saying that he dated 10 different women while married to his wife. She changed every 10 to 15 years and he had to learn her new tastes and her new likes and they grew together in these new adventures and she said she dated 10 men while married to him. People change all of the time. It is whether you want to relearn your partner or if your partner wants to relearn you that matters. If you feel like you are on a different path then he is and don’t think you want to be with him, then end the relationship and chase your happiness. 31 is super young. And life is way to short to be unhappy. I hope you can find what makes your smile return! :heart:

12 Likes

You work for it. Love is a choice.

6 Likes

As time passes people change! U could always leave and co parent

1 Like

I married young too. Lasted 20 years. But what I wanted at 18 was not at all what I wanted at 37… and I couldn’t ask him to change and he couldn’t have. We grew together but in different directions… I’m remarried now and so is he. Was the best thing for both of us but you have to figure it out for yourself. I suggest reading “Too good to leave, too bad to stay” helped me tremendously

7 Likes

Do think about whether you have actually grown apart from your spouse or are just bored with life. You may be feeling that life is too predictable and settled and you want some change or excitement. Develop some new interests, hobbies, start doing some things alone or just for yourself. See if you feel the same way after that and then decide on the next step accordingly.

10 Likes

Did nobody read what she said? She is no longer attracted to white men and that is where the problem lies. That is going to be a hard one to overcome, you can’t just change the color of skin. All the rest like growing apart can be fixed but the race change no so easy.

I married young and we have 4 kids together and divorce is hard on children. Even in adulthood our children have a hard time with it. Openly talk to your husband about feeling this way and find a solution. Date nights are a plus. I understand you are no longer attracted to your husband but I think I’d seek out a good counselor before making changes.

Nuts wake up to what you could loose and look around check this out very well Could you find yourself trading up or down ? Too late to be sorry later.
The last 30 years of my husbands life we spent 24/7 together,there is only one thing I would change it’s his health so Iwould have had him longer.
Be very careful.

What you liked at 15 changed once you were 20. 25.30. As we age we see things differently. Go with your gut as to what will make you happy. I’m almost 50 and did that. Trust your gut and go with the flow…

4 Likes

If no one has told you this. This does happen time to time for some couples its completely normal. Start dating again and see if you can get it back. Commit to one night a week just him and you. No kids no phones. Dates don’t have to cost money. Get creative. I’d give anything to be in your position. Trust me. I don’t have a someone to drift apart from and what I wouldn’t give to have it

Be careful, everybody don’t have the same luck. My advise Is for you to see a marriage counselor.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres I Corinthians 13:4-7
God defines what love is and therefore, I encourage you to go to Him to help you understand it better. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.":heart:

2 Likes

Bitcion investment is now on trend, Am happy making this post to inform you reading this that with the best knowledge of Bitcion Investment you can start by earning up to 7k with a little investment of 500 usd on a weekly basis.For me Am earning weekly all thanks and Accolade’s to my mentor Sir Richards who make it easier for me, Reach Sir Richards for more details about Bitcion knowledge by clicking the link below to his profile
:point_down::point_down::point_down: Richards T Milton

You fight for it. People grow apart everyday. Marriage is work, you have to work at it.

41 Likes

Wow…my best advice…the grass isn’t greener on the other side…have a date night…take a mini vacation…role play…but do not throw away a lifetime because it became blah

The grass is NEVER greener on the other side

40 Likes

Don’t force it. But have a talk together.

4 Likes

Sometimes people grow apart and that’s okay. If you want to work on it and see if you want to save then go all in. If you decide that you’ve grown apart too much and Juat no longer want it that’s okay too. People change and it happens. The only weird thing to me is the “ we are both white and I’m no longer into it.”

24 Likes

It’ll only get toxic if you stay, you’ll be one unhealthy. Take a break from each other. . .

5 Likes

I think this is normal. U fall into a rut with the same thing day in and day out. Try to remember what made u fall in love in the first place and try to change some things. Try new things together. Make sure u spend alone time and date eachother again

18 Likes

It happens but take it from someone who’s been there. Don’t make rash decsions.i walked away.18 yrs.3 kids.great man.i have always regretted it

16 Likes

Not sure why being white even matters in this situation, :thinking:

22 Likes

Depending on how far apart you’ve grown.

1 Like

It takes continual dating each other to keep the romance and attraction.

7 Likes

These posts are getting ridiculous…

18 Likes

You’re aren’t into white anymore?

2 Likes

I’ve been with my hubby since we were teenagers. We’ve been married 39 years now. Most have been happy but, I can tell you from exp that a relationship can get stale. You still gotta flirt & go on fun dates or getaways with your man. It’s like a plant - if you don’t care for it then it will die. :sunflower:

Counseling - go before u file divorce.

2 Likes

He probably feels the same. Have you discussed it?

2 Likes

Have adventures together

2 Likes

Very common for this to happen

1 Like

I’ll blow your back out and eat your booty like groceries…

10 Likes

Umm the part you lost me on was the you aren’t into him because he’s white that’s not growth at all and I think he should leave you and yea that’s crazy

17 Likes

The grass is never greener on the other side of fence n with u saying ur both white n ur not into that anymore I’m not trying to bash here n only assuming but I honestly thing ur just wanting to try something bigger in the downstairs front well it’s not worth losing what u have just to play the field

5 Likes

Communication is key.

1 Like

Is this where I post the dick pic???

7 Likes

Date nights should be number 1 u have to keep ur fire alive because life will get in the way and become too comfortable with each other!

1 Like

there has to be constant effort to involve youself in your partners life and their growth, and vice versa. i guess its really showing your partner that you want to put forth the effort to rekindle things and hope that it is reciprocated. ultimately, if the relationship is fallow, you need to look elsewhere to be engaged in the things you care about.

1 Like

I’ve been with my husband for 12 years and ive always thought that but i always spark the relationship do what we did back then to make me fall in love all over again

She probly has that one friend who brags on how big her black boyfriend is n just wants an excuse to try one out

8 Likes