What is it like being induced?

Fan Question
KarenšŸ’

So Iā€™m a ftm and Iā€™m getting induced in a couple of days. Iā€™ve always wanted to this whole thing 100% natural, mostly because Iā€™ve read that drugs can slow down milk production, but the Dr. Is really pushing for an epidural. I have gestational diabetes, and the baby might be a bit big and doc says the epidural will relax me more, so that baby comes out easier, plus if we do have to do a c section they can just use that if its already there. I donā€™t think epidurals effect milk production, but Iā€™m not fond of the idea of changing my original plan. I wanted to be able to move around while in labor, but the doc says the wont want me out of bed anyway for fear of a cord prolapse. Any advise?

10 Likes

I would take the advice of your Doctor. That is what they are skilled at. When all is said and done you will be safe and so will baby. Congrats !!

4 Likes

Personally Iā€™d say listen to your dr. He knows what heā€™s talking about. His reasoning is he wants your baby born safely

1 Like

I was induced with my first at 41weeks and was in labor for 18 hours and pushed for 30min I had the epidural. Contractions were intense I was in an excruciating amount of pain i could barely talk if you think you can handle the pain donā€™t get it but if it becomes to much donā€™t be afraid to ask for it nothing wrong with getting it or not getting it my milk production was great after the epidural I had no issue feeding my daughter I produced way more than enough

Do whatā€™s best for the baby!! I didnā€™t get to go with my original plan but I did what was best for my child and Iā€™m happy with my decision. Epidurals/spinals donā€™t reduce your milk production, I had a spinal and my milk production is still going strong!

You put your needs/wants aside for the safety of your baby. First step in becoming a mother. Good luckšŸ’•

6 Likes

I was to be induced as well
For me i got moving in the days before. So going for multiple walks, lunges, squatsā€¦ does t work for everyone but did for me
Good luck mumma you get to meet your bundle of joy very soon so try not to worry its exciting xxx

This is absurd. Are you guys kidding me? We arenā€™t meant to sit down or lay down and labor, and we damn sure arenā€™t meant to push in our backs. Your doctor is pushing this plan on you FOR HIS CONVENIENCEā€¦ Not for your health. I have never had an epidural. I walked until I pushedā€¦ I understand diff Drā€™s, diff hospitalā€¦ But I would be seriously concerned my Dr is trying to push a whole new birth plan in meā€¦ All my kids were 8lbs+ Iā€™m tiny and I did itā€¦ Iā€™m just saying donā€™t change your plan for this he has no legitimate medical concern!

If youre getting pitocin, youll want the epidural. Imo :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Listen to your doctor, medically, he knows what is best for your health and most importantly your baby. Heā€™s the professional.

3 Likes

So many women let their doctor make them change their plans and do whatever the dr wants now we have so many healthy women who ended in c sect because it was easier! Or literally just more CONVENIENT! A HEALTHY PREGNANCY/BIRTH ARE NOT MEANT TO BE TREATED AS MEDICAL PROBLEMS!

5 Likes

The pitocin makes contractions stronger and quicker than ā€œnatural.ā€ I was induced at 38 weeks and am glad I got the epidural. I did wait as long as I could because I wanted to experience the naturalness of labor.

I went into preterm labor a couple of time between 28 and 36 weeks. Those contractions were not nearly as intense as what came after the pitocin.

1 Like

Focus. I didnt like anyone touching me it pulled me out of zoning out. Try to remember what you were like in your other labors. Try to remember what helped and what you had wanted.

Ultimately itā€™s about a safe and healthy child. So dont be dead set on no meds :slight_smile: If it comes down to itā€¦the meds are there if you need it

Congrats youā€™ll want an experienced doctor for your epidural. Research them my first epidural was horrible but my second one was great didnā€™t hardly hurt.

Simple, do you trust your Dr? If not go to another doctor now.

Keep the epidural as an open option. Plus you can ask for them to insert the catheter for it without giving you the medicine. That way if you do want it later they just have to inject the meds, and you wonā€™t need to be put under in case of a emergency c section. But also remember thereā€™s no trophy or prize if you end up needing the epidural. My second I wanted to try without but his heart rate was dropping because of the amount of pain I was in and it was best that I got it. After I got it everything still went smooth, and I still produced plenty of milk.

Maybe just take your doctorā€™s professional advice.
But, dont think too hard about it. Things rarely go to plan in labor anyway :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

I had an 11 pound 4 ounce baby without so much as an ibuprofen and without tearing or any medical intervention. If thatā€™s what you want to do, you definitely can. Doctors love to introduce medical interventions because itā€™s easier and more convenient for themā€¦ and not always easier and more convenient for your baby.

9 Likes

I was induced and wanted natural birth with no epidural. I stood in one spot for 4 hours laboring because I couldnā€™t move, I tried but standing was most comfortable I made it to a seven & labored for another hour with no change I got the epidural and so glad I did she got stuck and was a 9 lb 3 oz baby. And my legs were killing me from standing. But Iā€™d do it over again the same

Um maybe listen to your doctor?

I was induced i didnt want ths epidural eaither but pitocin hurts! And mine ended up in a emergency csection. So it was nice already having the epidural there after 36hrs of labor.

Do whatā€™s best for baby.

Doctors push you to do whatā€™s easy for them and what makes them money. Stand up for yourself. If it doesnā€™t feel right, donā€™t do it.

Getting induced can be harmful to your baby and cause complications during delivery. I urge you to look into it more before agreeing to it.

4 Likes

Personally I know changing your birth plan from what youā€™ve already had planned and set in mind can be hard, I wanted a full natural birth aswell and was going that way, but that didnt happen. Ended up with a epidural and a emergency c section. I was up and moving 4 hours after my surgery, surprised the whole staff. Healing time wasnt bad at all! I know itā€™s scary, but sometimes we dont have full control. Gotta try to trust your doctor.

Your birth plan should be ā€œhave a safe delivery.ā€ Anything else is just a desire and not a necessity.

2 Likes

Pray Ć nd ask God do what you feel is right for you

1 Like

Dont let anyone push you into anything you dont want. Not only are epidurals not necessary but if you have to have a c section (emergency situations not slow progression) it isnā€™t a reliable way to completely numb you. Women who have had c sections with an epidural have reported they felt everything. That came from my doctor who didnā€™t want me to get an epidural. Get into the right mindset and youā€™ll relax yourself. Look into hynobirthing.

2 Likes

Opt to have the epidural on hand but tell the doctor you donā€™t want it until YOU are readyā€¦ keep in mind Theres a cut off point when itā€™s ā€œtoo lateā€. Thereā€™s also the gas you can use to calm you but not so much the pain Iā€™ve heard. Iā€™m in same boat, FTM due oct and I failed my GD test and baby is measuring ahead but want all natural unless medically necessary. Doctors have best interest for the baby most of the time, but not always, and not always whatā€™s best for the BOTH of youā€¦Just hold your ground on what you want/need from your body but also take into account what doctor says. Donā€™t completely write him off. If you truly feel you can do it without epidural knowing your baby is a bit big and knowing your body, etc, than I would personally have pain meds on hand but not administered until I was ready. Youā€™re in the hospital so if something goes wrong (babe gets stuck, youā€™re in agonizing pain, etc) thereā€™s no better place to be and meds are already in hand! DO WHAT EVER IS BEST FOR YOU MAMA :heartbeat: physically, mentally and emotionally! Youā€™ll never know until the day comes to be honest :joy:

Pitocin is no joke. It makes your contractions stronger and quicker. I only made it about 4 or 5 hours without getting the epidural.

1 Like

With pitocin get the epidural. Itā€™s about safety of the baby. Plans changeā€¦in an emergency with a big baby you might regret not going with the epidural. I dont think all doctors are lazy and want the easy route. Too many things can go wrong with your medical condition. Sometimes have faith doctor knows what they are talking about.

Best advice, wait until your baby and your body are READY to deliver. Donā€™t get induced. When your body is ready and the baby is ready, you donā€™t need to be induced, it all happens on its own.

3 Likes

Sometimes birth plans donā€™t always work out. Definitely make sure you have a plan B.

1 Like

If you are being induced with pitocin, you may need the epidural wether you want it or not, the pain is so much worse then natural labour, also be prepared to have a c section in the end because there is a much higher risk of needing one when you are induced, especially if you have an epidural as well

2 Likes

You are diabetic so thats why the game changed love

Sounds like you have special circumstances, do your research and talk extensively with the doc a lot of babies that are too big for mom to have a natural birth do have to have a c section But do your research and make sure your doc knows your wishes

Why are you being induced?

ā€œThinking of, and clinging to, the ā€œdue dateā€ as ā€œthe dayā€ makes it difficult for women to trust natureā€™s beautiful plan for the end of pregnancy and the start of labor. What women rarely know, and what people tend to forget, is that some variation exists in how long it takes for an individual baby to mature fully. Acknowledging that babies can safely come 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the due date does not tell the whole story. Some babies are mature as early as 37 weeks (259 days), and others need 42 completed weeks (294 days) and sometimes a bit more to be fully ready. Size is not an indication of maturity, and the due date is only a guideline.ā€

4 Likes

C-section is no big deal. Either way, you want a healthy baby.

1 Like

Have 2 no meds and one with meds
My choice is always no meds

1 Like

I was induced and didnā€™t want an epidural but I wasnā€™t progressing and within a few hours of it going I went from 4 cm to complete. I needed to relax. Also I am an over producer of milk and have been since he was born. It didnā€™t affect my supply.

2 Likes

Personally I got an epidural for both and pitocin during my first and I had great milk production.

So many women lack the confidence and knowledge of a empowering birth because doctors and society have brainwashed it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had 2 out of 4 epidurals and I dont regret getting it!

Iā€™d take Drā€™s adviceā€¦Iā€™m a mom of 7 children. The first one I had all natural, no epidural, and believe me each time after I opted for epidural!

1 Like

Sometimes original plans have to change. As long as you and the baby are safe and wellā€¦ consider it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had one natural delivery and two c-sections. I had epidurals. With my natural delivery the battery on the pump died and it had completely worn off before I started pushing. With the first c-section Iā€™m glad I had it because it made it possible for me to be awake in an emergency situation and not sleep through the birth of my son, and my second one was semi planned due to issues I was having. In the end anything can happen, and as ideal as a birth plan might be it is not always feasible. I think it is your choice if you have the epidural or not. I did not feel a thing other than numb pressure for my c-sections, definitely no pain. I also breastfed all three of my children and never had any issues with mill production. The risks of a larger baby and c-section are definitely higher with gestational diabetes but I think it should be your choice. If it was me the one thing I would weigh is if I wanted to be awake if it became necessary for a c-section. You can also consider talking to them about getting an epidural as late into the labor as possible so that you can move around and it does not slow the progress if you do decide to go with one. In the end the one thing that matters is a healthy baby.

I had gestational diabetes, but because my placenta died off my daughter was small. But I was induced, and induction makes things get more intense then just a natural birth. Technically with induction, you canā€™t avoid drugs, because they use drugs to put you into labor and dilate you. BUT if you donā€™t want an epidural, donā€™t feel pressured into getting one. This is YOUR experience and YOUR baby. Not theirs.

2 Likes

Sorry but its whatā€™s best for baby. Your plan isnt really important at this point. Plans change.

2 Likes

I was induced (hip pain (hip dysplasia) and low amniotic fluid) and got an epidural 14 hrs into labor (had baby 3 hours later). Never had an issue with milk production.

Do epidural. Dont worry about it.

1 Like

If you donā€™t want the epidural, donā€™t have it! They canā€™t force you! I had an epidural with my 2nd (1st was a c section) and it went horribly wrong. I then had a 100% natural birth with my 3rd and Iā€™d do it again 100x over!

The epidural will numb you from the waist down so you wonā€™t be able to feel yourself pushing. Most of the time, measurements are off anyway.

1 Like

You can make that an almost last minute decisionā€¦ My first I was induced (because my water broke and I wasnā€™t progressing) and given epidural right away (he was 9lbs 8oz) and I never felt a thing! Silly me assumed with my second I could opt out of the epidural because of how easy my first was but last minute (about 7cm dilated) the nurse came in and said last chance for an epidural and through clenched jaw and tears pouring down because of the pain I said hell yes!!! (she was 10lbs 4oz).

No birth plan ever goes to plan. I had 1 and 75% didnā€™t happen. The end game is a healthy baby and mom
Good luck to ya hun.

Being induced is brutal. Get the epidural.

Do what you want. My epidural didnā€™t work but it was over before I knew it :woman_shrugging:t4:

I was in the same situation, went without the epidural as long as I could after 17 hours my blood sugar was getting low and I was only dilated 2cm so I got the epidural which let me relax and rest a bit and about 4 hours later baby was here. I had no troubles with breastfeeding. It was nice in the beginning to be able to move around but I knew my body was exhausted. As long as you and baby are healthy doesnā€™t matter how you get there.

Listen to your Dr. I had an epidural with my 1st & I donā€™t regret it.

1 Like

You may change your mind once you get in thereā€¦ I was dead set on doing things naturally, had to be induced, I was on the drip for 28 hours and about 10 hours in I started shaking uncontrollably because of how much pain I was in, I ended up getting morphine because I was no dilated enough for an epidural, then finally about 15 hours in they offered me an epidural and sure as shit I wanted it. In the end I was happy that I got the epidural because it helped my body to relax enough to start to dilate more, my daughter was big and I am so glad I had that epidural, 2nd degree tearing is not pretty and thankfully I didnā€™t have to feel the dr stitch it up after :woman_shrugging:t2::joy: also my breast milk took a day to come in, but after that everything was gravy! Bottom line is being induced is nothing like natural child birth, it is 10x more Intense and 100x more painful.

I was induced and on pitocin and had a completely natural birth with both of my daughters. In all truth it wasnā€™t that badā€¦ You heal much faster both time i was up within a hour walkingā€¦

Cord wonā€™t prolasp unless your water is ruptured. I walked for 3-4 days with #4 who weighed 10.1

There is other pain med optionsā€¦

No donā€™t get it. I didnā€™t need that advice and now I have chronic back pain since I had my son. I regret getting the epidural

I think your doctor is going to push you hard for a csection and probably find a reason for one. Insisting on an epidural and not wanting you to move in labor are red flags. It takes 5 minutes to get a spinal in and you can always do an IV with nothing in it. Not moving in labor is old advice. Moving as much as you can helps, especially with a big baby.

Safe, healthy mother and baby is what matters. Do as your doctor advises. Unless you and anyone else advising you also have a medical degree and know better :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Youā€™ll have to have a spinal if it ends up being a csection. I regret my epidural. But do NOT let the dr bully you into a csection. The baby may not even be as big as they are saying. The ultrasounds are a GUESS!

1 Like

You dont have to decide this right now. Some women have super easy births and wouldnt even think about it. There are other women who have a very painful experience.

Just be open to either decision. I didnt have a birth plan, at all. Zero stress. The doctor wouldnt give you something that would put the baby in danger, and my milk came in just fine after all of the meds. Epidural, induction, pain pills all of it.

1 Like

Being induced makes you more likely to want/need the epidural bc contractions are more intense. It also puts you a greater risk of csection. I would say that you should let go of your ā€œidealā€ way bc it most likely wonā€™t happen that way. Being induced is not the same as going into labor on your own, the natural aspect kinda goes out the window when you introduce pitocin bc itā€™s an artificial hormone. Once itā€™s been introduced your chances of needing more interventions increase dramatically.

Cannot believe some people are advising that someone with risk factors goes against their doctorā€™s advice. So reckless. Please do not rely on Dr.Google and essential oils. These are two lives you are talking about!

1 Like

ā€˜Natureā€™s beautiful plan for pregnancyā€™ meant that childbirth was extraordinarily dangerous for both women and babies prior to modern medicine :cry:

Iā€™ve had three babies all with epidurals. You can avoid all other pain meds this way. I was able to be present with all my labors. (Even having a full blown conversation in between pushes) You will be glad you did. I can remember all my labors and Iā€™m thankful for that magic medicine!

2 Likes

Because your being induced I highly recommend the epidural. I was induced with both my kids and it still sucked. The contractions are much more intense the first time around also (for me anywayā€¦ my body was doing it for the first time ever so itā€™s crazy painful). Do what you think is right but I would get the epidural every time. And in the event of an emergency csection you donā€™t want to have to wait.
I donā€™t know about a cord prolapse but personally I was in such pain towards the end I didnā€™t want to stand up anyway, your still able to move around your like hips down are just numb. And for me it wore of pretty fast. By the time your babyā€™s cleaned up and weighed etc, theyā€™ll wanna get you in a shower to rinse off so they pull out the epidural as soon as possible.

1 Like

Your dr shouldnā€™t try to push u into something you dont want. I had my 8 yo natural and ive had the epidural and natural is way better. The epidural is horrible. And im not sure why they wont let you out of bed. They should give u balls to bounce on and let you take hot baths. I would talk to another dr to be sure.

An epidural didnā€™t slow anything down for me and it didnā€™t affect milk production.
I had 2 of them
And 2 without and with was 100% a better experience. I also had a c section with my twins. That was awful.

1 Like

Listen to your doctor, Iā€™ve had 1 delivery with an epidural and 1 without, I highly regret my epidural the first time, I still get the backache from it 3.5 years later. Also, both my kids were over 9 pounds, and I didnā€™t move around lots but I did bounce on a birthing ball during contractions

1 Like

I wasnā€™t induced but I elected for IV meds out of fear of the epidural. I couldnā€™t even think straight. When I finally grabbed a moment of clarity I opted for the epidural. Within minutes my daughter was delivered because my body finally stopped fighting the contractions and let my cervix dilate. And I had no milk issues. I spent a wk walking around the house topless (because they were so large anything touching them hurt), with milk constantly leaking into a full size bath towel I had folded up and tucked under my breasts. The IV meds nor the epidural hindered my milk production.

1 Like

Girl! Get the epidural! They had to wake me up to say it was time to push (monitored at the nurses station). I said, ā€œCan you give me a minute?ā€ They were like: No. Now - the time to push is now"ā€¦lol It was a wonderful experience - we chatted and joked the whole time I was pushing - it was such a relaxed atmosphere.

3 Likes

Iā€™m afraid if there are potential issues, you need to just listen to your doctor. It could end up traumatic for you and the baby. Things change with childbirth and you just have to go with it xx

1 Like

I was induced because my water broke and got an epidural after 20 hours of extreme pain. I was so relieved as the pain was unbearableā€¦ it didnt affect my milk supply at allā€¦ goodluckā˜ŗļø

1 Like

One epidural and one spinal tap :raising_hand_woman:t3: Didnā€™t affect milk supply for either. Breastfed both.

1 Like

My first was 9lb4oz. Second was 9lb. First I had an epidural and it took forever and I was in a lot of pain. Second I had at home accidentally (obviously med free) and it was a traumatic experience but all and all, way less pain way better experience. I was moving around a lot too. So I had a 9 lb baby at home with nothing and I was fine. I also will add that I had gestational diabetes with my second as well and was scheduled for induction in two days before I went into labor naturally.

1 Like

I would say get the epidural. I have no experience with being induced but I feel like it would be smoother if you had it already in case of an emergency. Especially being your first time it will be an easier experience for you. At the end of the day itā€™s your pregnancy, do what you feel is best.

1 Like

I felt the same way, wanted all natural. After being induced I was so thankful for the epidural, it made birth actually a really pleasant experience. Tell your doc how you feel about the whole thing, theres no shame in any way you have a baby. Most important is that you are both healthy! Best of luck.

1 Like

Iā€™ve experienced cord prolapse. Let me tell you what happens. Everyone panics and they rush you into emergency c-section surgery. A nurse will hold the cord inside the cervix to keep from pinching off the air supply to the baby. This means that as you get pushed down the hall to surgery the nurse will hop up and ride along while sitting between your knees.
It is way less fun than it sounds. Way less.
The drugs do not affect milk production. Any drugs they give you will be out of your system before your body creates milk.
My grandmother gave birth to six of her seven children at home on the couch alone. She was an amazing woman. I chose to accept any and all drugs they offered because it isnā€™t 1930 anymore. We both breast fed just fine.

5 Likes

Both my kids were with epidurals and no problems at all.

Had gestational diabetes, got the epidural (aahhh!), baby was alert, milk was fine.

1 Like

You need to Tahe your doctorā€™s advice. Especially if theyā€™re in fear of prolapse. Unfortunately your plan means nothing when it comes to the health and safety of you and your child. Take your doctorā€™s advice hun. Prayers for healthy n happy delivery

3 Likes

Being induced with pitocin is no cake walk. I was in your same boatā€¦wanting everything as natural as possible. I got an induction date, pitocin, a weighted balloon inserted to help me dilate more quickly (which I assure you is the most painful thing Iā€™ve ever experienced in this life) Dr. said sheā€™s never known anyone to do this without an epidural. And after all this, 27 hours of laboring hooked up to so many monitors, no walking around allowed, I had to have an emergency c-section and of course the epidural that comes with it. The good news is, I had zero issues with milk production. Unless if you count my milk taking the full five days to come inā€¦but once it was in, it was IN!! Itā€™s probably in your best interest to follow doctorsā€™ orders, but if you feel that strongly, talk to your doctor about it again and ask if thereā€™s any leeway in her decision? Or possibly even seek out a second opinion if you are comfortable with a new doctor at this point. At the end of the day though, even if your doctor is on board with all natural, shit happens in there and plans go out the window. I now laugh at myself for wasting valuable time typing up copies of a birthing plan. And the nurses laughed when I handed it to them as I checked in to labor and delivery. :woman_shrugging:t2: No matter how baby comes into this world, the end result is what is most important. Enjoy your last couple of days of pregnancy :pregnant_woman:t2: and welcome to the ā€˜hood. Motherhood!! :breast_feeding:t2:

Itā€™s your body your choice. I had all natural birth no medication, no epidural and my milk never came in. I pumped and breast fed every hour and set an alarm every 2 hours at night for 5 weeks. Having medication doesnā€™t really have much to do with milk production as almost everyone I know has had a c section or an epidural and 8/10 breast fed

2 Likes

You do not need an epidural. Women have been birthing babies since the existence of people without them. Dont let them pressure you. They can give you a spinal IF you need a c section. Honestly inductions lead to c sections because they are not naturalā€¦ basically evicting the baby which screws up the whole labour stresses baby outā€¦ boom c section. I went into shock and so did my son because of an inductionā€¦

Listen to your doctor. What matters in the end is you having a healthy baby and being well urself. It really wonā€™t matter that u didnā€™t get the chance to stick to the original plan.
After itā€™s always different than planned. Itā€™s north not a party :wink:

1 Like

Your body your decision. I have had six babies and zero epidurals. My niece gave birth to an 11 lb 4 oz baby with no meds at a birth centerā€¦my daughter gave birth to her baby at age 17 at a birth center. NO MEDS. No reason for a Dr to push an epi other than money.

You have a right to what you want, if you want to try and do an ā€œall naturalā€ birth, you can. Itā€™s up to you. But take what the doctors say into consideration too, I wanted a drug free vaginal birth and ended up with a epidural and an emergency c-section. You have a choice but your doctors are there for you and have the best advice to keep you and your baby safe

2 Likes

Induced, epidural, and emergency c-section for the first. Spinal and scheduled c-section with the second. Milk supply was NOT diminished at all. In fact, I shocked the lactation consultant when she was ā€œchecking for supplyā€ and I shot the end of my hospital bed.

Three kids and three epidurals! So happy I had it !

With my first I had something like an epidural but it as given to me just as I was going into hard labor I did not feel any pain after that. I was in labor for 16 hours but not hard labor which isnā€™t long compared to some. The nurse would tell me when I was having a contraction. I was young and was glad to have it. They said I could nurse if I wanted to or they would give me a shot to stop the milk. Second one I had gas and she came fast, no problem third was an epidermal was glad to get it. I remember hearing that other women in the labor rooms
screaming. Itā€™s different now everyone has their own private room. Wanted no part of that. Just remember your doctor knows best he will do as you say but delivering a large baby is not easy. Mine were small which was normal for the time 6lbs.8oz. 6lbs.81/2oz. and 6lbs.9ozā€¦ me personally would do it that way again. Labor is not easy especially if it is a long one. Just tell your dr. You want to try and do it natural but to have the epi. standing by. Every labor is different. You will not be given anything that will
Stop you from nursing. If you have a good doctor and a good team you should have nothing to worry about no matter what you choose. Good luck and deliver a happy healthy baby.

1 Like

I think you should consider what the doctor told you, but in the end you should follow your own gut feeling.
I was induced because my son was very big, I did not get an epidural or anything else.
I would prefer to do it the same way next time.
Good luck with the baby :heart:

I had 4 babies. First 3 no pain meds. Was too tired and wore out after to even hold my babies more than a few mins. The last I had gestational diabetes, was induced and got epidural so much better, less time in labor and was wide awake after to hold my baby (and baby was fine) Wish I had done it with all 4. Good luck no matter what you choose

3 babies. 3 epidurals. 1st time was nervous not knowing what to expect. All kids were fine.