What is it like getting a brazilian keratin treatment?

I’m planning to get a brazilian keratin treatment but I’m unsure, if you had it would you recommend it? Or why not?

4 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What is it like getting a brazilian keratin treatment? - Mamas Uncut

I’ve thought about it but I like to wave and curl my hair sometimes and from my understanding you can’t do that for a while after treatment because it’s basically a straightening treatment. I think it would be great for people with super thick and frizzy hair.

1 Like

I’ve gotten them for years. Just keep in mind they can be on the pricey side and those fumes are really strong. You will need to avoid cheap shampoo because it will strip your hair of the treatment. My curls never fully fade. I still have a bit of wave even with the treatments but I love that it tames it and keeps my hair shiny.

1 Like

Hairstylist here : it’s not a straightening treatment it’s a smoothing treatment meaning it’s going to smooth out your hair cuticle thus making your hair eliminates frizz, smoother, shinier and more manageable. If you have wavy or curly hair it will not and should not completely take out of your wave/curl pattern. Your stylist can customize it to where you’re just smoothing out your wave/curl so it’s not frizzy but still retaining your pattern. But you absolutely need to use the right shampoo and conditioner (sulfate free) or it won’t last and frizz will come back. Also, make sure you go to a stylist that is certified and trained in BB cause yes you can absolutely get some kind of damage if not done correctly.

1 Like

If you have blonde hair bleached stay away

I did it and I would never do it again. Is it nice to not have frizz? Yes. But 8 years later my curls have never been the same as to what they used to be and I miss them so much. it causes a lot of chemical damage in the longrun.