What is it like having kids close in age?

Hey mamas! I have a very handsome son he is a little over 7 months and I just found out I’m pregnant again and not very far along yet. I’m excited of course but at the same time I’m nervous. Just looking for words or courage or wisdom from moms that have baby’s that have that close age range. I figure they will be about 16 months apart.

35 Likes

My boys will be 4 yr and a week apart. Its gonna be hard but keep your head up

My oldest girls are 18m apart. I was nervous and scared…it was hard some days but they are the best of friends…they are now 13 and fixing to be 12…and some days they fight like crazy but they ALWAYS have each others backs.

I think its awesome to have your kids close in age, they will be buddies.

Mine are 19 months apart and they are best friend’s. Just have a routine and everything well work out

mine will be 14 months apart. I got pregnant with my now 4th child while my baby was 5 months old lol I know its gonna be tough but this is my last! lol

My first 2 are 8 months apart

1 Like

My girls are 10 months apart. At first it was very difficult, but now that they are 4 and 5 it’s become much easier. Plus, they do everything together and are so close!

4 Likes

I have 3 kids…My last 2 are exactly 12months and a week apart… The recovery after my third was alot harder (natural birth)…and leaving the house is deff more difficult… but I love that they’ll be best friends alittle further down the line :slight_smile: … After awhile u get into a routine and won’t even remember what life was like without another baby :heart_eyes:

My brother and I are about 16 months apart and have always been best friends because of it. I know it was hard on my mom at times but she said it was also easy because we entertained each other so much.

My son just turned 3 my daughter is 1 1/2 its not bad unless we go anywhere public alone

16 mo apart. Its hard for the 1st year…it gets easier… #MyMinions

1 Like

Mine are 14 months apart and honestly it’s been great! Some days are harder than others, but I love how close in age they are. I grew up in a large family and all of my siblings are a year or two apart. We are still very close knit even though we are all grown and scattered throughout the states. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s great! My kids are 18 months apart and I wouldn’t have it any other way. They are 11 and 12 now and best friends. When they were little he could help me get things for her and do things cause he is older and could walk. They played and taught each other and kept each other busy. And birthdays are two separate times of year with that gap. Now that they are older they are best friends!

My brother and I were 13 months apart and best friends!! :slight_smile:

Mine are 10 1/2 months apart. I had 2 in cribs, bottles, diapers, carseats, highchairs. It was like having twins. It was hard but a routine helped a lot!

2 Likes

Mine are 16 months. Both boys. They can usually play in the same age groups for sports which is HUGE

1 Like

My 2 youngest are 11 months apart handful but lots of love

Remember GOD chose you to be this babies momma!!!

1 Like

My cousin has babies that are super close in age. It’s a little hectic but they’ve been able to manage just fine!

Mine son was 16 months when I had or daughter they are a year and 4 months apart. They are a lot but I wouldn’t change it he loves his sis and tries to help it’s definitely not as bad as I thought I was going to be not easy but not as hard. The hardest part was breastfeeding had to pump but it worked out! Good luck!!

I’m three months pregnant now and found out that I was pregnant again when my little one was also seven months and I’m still freaking out :joy::sob::joy:

1 Like

I got pregnant when my daughter was only 3 months old and I was due yesterday with my second baby girl, it was terrifying to think they’d be 13 months apart at first but everything fell together super well and now I don’t think I would have wanted it any other way :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have a 17yr old daughter…my son will be 2 on Nov1 and his little sister will be 1 on Oct 28… I LOVE HAVING THEM SO CLOSE IN AGE…its hard but awesome

2 Likes

My 2 youngest sons are 14 months apart. They are 2 of 5 boys. All grown now with kids of their own. You’ll be fine. You may not sleep ever again…:grin:

Mine are 18 months apart and are the best friends. They are now 11 and 10.

Mine are 15 months old & of course its hard at first but they’re the best of friends at 2 & 3!!

Although I’m a lot older than you my Son and Daughter were born 15 months apart my son was 6 months old when I found out I was pregnant again it was hard with 2 babies but I copied and you will too good luck with your babies x

1 Like

My 2 oldest are 16 months apart, always had a nice connection, now in their 30s and still have good relationship

I’m not in this situation so I cant say much. But it’ll get easier as they age and get passed the baby/toddler stadge

2 boys 14 months apart. Best of friends but enemies also. Having them close together will be beneficial in the long run.

I only have 1 kid, but my brother and I have that exact age gap and it was awesome. Everyone thought we were twins and we were best friends growing up.

I have a newborn ( hell be 2 weeks old this week) and 11month old. Get a routine and stick to it. And a double stroller for going places. Thats what ive been doing and its has helped so much I do get a little help from my oldest shes 6yrs old she helps as much as she can mainly playing and keeping my 11months old busy.

I had my son Aug 10th 2016 & my daughter Aug 27th 2017. They are the best gifts I could have ever been blessed with. Yes, its stressful but there are wayyy more ups than downs. I love having my babies 1yr apart in age, they are BESTFRIENDS.

Girl I had mine 5 years apart! I wish they were closer together! They can do everything together when they’re closer in age, grow up together and be closer!

1 Like

Mine are 17 1/2 months apart. I’m not going to lie, it was hard at first. But once you settle into a routine, it gets easier. It gets easier as they get older too. Mine are 11 & 9 now. You got this !

Mine were 16 months apart had no problem

I have a 15 month old and have a baby on the way currently
20 weeks and 2days and my son will
Be 19 months when the baby is due

my bestie found out they were pregnant when her first was 4 months and she’s honestly doing amazing… 2 isn’t very different than one she says because you’re already doing the same stuff for the older one, just adding in a little extra time for the second. you will do GREAT! plus you’ll go through the stages with the first and your second will be right behind! so fun!!! oh! she does have them on a GREAT sleep routine :slightly_smiling_face:

Just establish a routine and you’ll be good! My son will be 3 in september and my daughtef will be 2 in December.

Mine were 10 and 1/2 mon apart.plus had 3 and 5 year old. Its all in how you cope

i have 2 little ones that are 15 mths apart they are 7&8 now. it was a little rough but u can do it just breath and relax hopefully you will have some help.there. my 7and 8 yrold birthdays april and july

I have 4! The first 2 were 15 months apart. It was the best decision ever! I would take the close age range over the longer ones anyday! Instant playmate!

I had two daughters 15 months apart, one in 2011 and one in 2012 they are 6 and 7 now and best friends. When they start growing they are so close that once one of them is done or almost done with a stage the other is right behind. I potty trained them together because it was easier to have them learn from each other!

My first two boys are 13 months apart and my second and third are a year and a half apart, the closeness in age may seem intimidating but they will have a very close bond and they are able to play with each other and will be able to their whole lives. When kids are years apart in age there is an interest gap and they are less likely to spend much time together. I have 5 sisters and we’re all 2 years apart and we are still very close but my husband has about 6 years in between siblings and they have a hard time sharing interests. Good luck momma, and don’t worry! After one, it’s a breeze, and remember your 4month old will probably be walking by the time you have your next baby so it’ll be hard to imagine taking care of another baby with where your 4 month old is currently at

My kids are 18 months apart (planned it that way!) It was a little scary at first because I had 2 in diapers at the same time - but once we got into a routine it was much better. I think each age comes with its own challenges. Right now they are 4 and almost 3, they play well together but also fight all the time lol. But I wouldn’t have it any other way!

My first two ten and a half months the third was born twelve and a half months after the second all girls twenty three months between the oldest and the youngest son

I have 2 boys 11 months apart. You’ve got this.

Me and my sister are 16 months apart! We still have a very close bond with one another and I’m glad we are so close in age because we can talk about anything.

My kiddos are 13 months apart, it’s amazing. I love it. Routines, meal prep, van, make life so much easier

I was 8 months when I found out that I was 3 weeks pregnant. They are 15 months and 11 days apart. Every one says 16 months but it’s not. Anyway, my oldest loved to help when the baby was born. Like get diapers and get the bottles out for me. Then after my youngest got a little older they would play together so good. Only a few fights here and there. Now they are 6&7 and they fight a lot but they also play together all the time. During the school year it’s not so bad but during the summer while they are together all the time they fight. Honestly it was easier to get my youngest potty trained and walking and everything because he wanted to be like his big sister. I worried when they started school because they both started at 3 (speech problems) so she went for a year before he did, then the following year they were both in preschool together so I had no trouble getting him to want to go to school he is a momma’s boy, he would cry when they went to day-care so I was worried. Now my daughter is a social person so she did fine going to day-care and school. When she went to kindergarten and he didn’t , he did not understand why at first and he hated going to school without her. So the school started treating then almost like twins. When one is upset and the teachers can’t get then calm they bring in the other sibling to help. He had her in class with him for a few min of the morning. Now he still does not like going she does. So they still sometimes have to bring them together so when they do their speech therapy they go at the same time. That’s usually enough for him.

It’s different. Just develop a routine and go with the flow day by day. Some things will make it easier and other days will feel rough. Make sure you have a support system of some kind to help give a break. It takes a tribe to raise a family. Double strollers and extras if anything babies need come in handy. Walmarts new grocery pick up has helped a lot and made it less of a Hassel to carry two kids around. Make sure to communicate a lot with the older child to let them know of new changes and get them used to new things being around. Give the two kids time to get them used to one another as well. Definitely ask family or friends to help take care of older one as well so you have time for yourself and bonding time with newborn as well.

I have one that’s older 3.5 years older than his brother then I have one thats 20 months older than his brother and I’m due with my little girl that will be 18 months younger than her brother. It’s fun but exhausting have them close together.