What is the easiest way to go about getting a divorce?

Do it pro se. you can talk to your husband and if you guys agree on everything like the child debts and assets and there will be no contesting you can file everything in one filing put down exactly what you guys are agreeing to and the judge can sign off on it but you both have to agree 100% in order for the judge to just sign off you can still file pro se if you don’t agree but you will actually have to go to court

My ex husband and I both agreed before we started our divorce. I petitioned the court for child support which he agreed to pay beforehand. We also petitioned the court for 50/50 custody, but placement with me because we wanted it to be legally known. Then he went to legal aid and did all of the paperwork. They delivered it to me and if I didn’t agree I had so many days to get in touch with them. In his divorce papers he put down his debt was his and mine was mine. We agreed to claim our child every other year for taxes. We split everything 50/50 (bills, school supplies etc…)when it comes to our son. It was pretty easy and cost $0.

2 Likes

You can do it yourself, print the forms from a computer, but you have a child, which complicates the hearing. Have you called the Legal Aid Society in your area? They may help or at least give advice. My divorce cost $1200 in 2015. I have 2 minor children, so I opted for an attorney.

Pay a paralegal to do the paperwork for you and split the cost. I paid a paralegal $500 and then the filing fees for my divorce because we agreed on everything.

I went on line print them off I didn’t even have to go to court They sent it in the mail telling us we were divorced. Kids might be a different story

I couldn’t afford an attorney either and I got one for free. I searched it online for my local area. I had to fill out some papers and they contacted me. Search your area you may find something

I did it myself. Get paperwork from government website. Complete and return. If course this is if you are both in agreement with everything

Most places won’t let you do it yourself since you have a child together. That’s considered a contested divorce.

Somewhat my current situation. Over the weekend the police were called and BC my husband told them certain things they believed him and now I’m in need of somewhere to stay along with our 5 kids.its hard
So good luck

Type up your own agreement, sign in front of a notary & file it with the local court. Here in MS you can get it done for $96 that way.

Depends on state . Indiana has a waiver for low income so would check to see if your state has.

Most office supplies places have Do it Yourself divorce kits. I did my own that way

Is there a legal aid where you live? I used legal aid and didnt have to pay for my attorney.

Easiest way get together come up with a reasonable agreement have a lawyer write it up and sign.

Go to your local library print out copy you,ex,judge as long he agrees my divorce cost me $5.00!

If u both agree then dissolution is best route

If you guys agree upon everything you can file joint and it will go fast.

Texaslawhelp.org you can print off the forms that are for divorce with children. You both sign the paperwork then you can file it at courthouse. I think it’s like $300. You will have to wait 90 days if I recall and then have a court day before the judge.

Go down to the court house and ask the self service paralegals for help.

Get an ATTORNEY. If you don’t you’re are opening up a lot of problems

Call your local legal aide and see if you’re applicable. They were a lifesaver for me

You can file online for way cheaper if you agree on everything

Go to Reno Nevada to. Call a quickie

My attorney did my dissolution for $400 with the stipulation that everyone agreed on everything and there was nothing to dispute.

Research your state, but if its mutual and uncontested you can create forms on rocket lawyer, both sign them, and file with your county for about 300 to 400.

U can have where u can sign without his signature

Use a mediator. Much much cheaper.

Get a 7 day trial to legal Zoom or Rocket Lawyer, you can fill out print and save all required documents. Just make sure to cancel subscription before you get charged. You also need to know if your state; like Ga, requires parents to go to mediation when kids are involved.

1 Like

Start poisoning him :rofl: