What should I do about my boyfriend texting his ex?

Well if they were still talking while y’all were taking trips and telling each other you love each other should be a sign right there he was still with her while doing all that with you?? What makes you think he wouldn’t do the same to you??

He can’t be trusted get rid of him

Ok I’m best friends with my ex past 25 years :woman_shrugging:t3:
You sound insecure on may levels

1 Like

My boyfriend just likes to keep his texts clean. The only things he keeps are as long as he needs record of them existing or that he needs to save. I have my settings so when i delete texts and such they don’t go to trash they just get deleted. I leave things sit longer. Deleting may not be about hiding.

You can’t expect someone to immediately cut off all contact with others the minute they start dating you. If it wasn’t inappropriate and it lessened as you got further into your relationship, what’s the problem? 10 months isn’t that long in the “bigger picture”. I think it’s probably a good idea to set boundaries and talk about expectations, what you both like and are firm no’s for moving forward together.

7 Likes

Never marry him. Someday u will be done.

Dude doesn’t love you. If he did, his ex wouldn’t even be an after thought. If he needed to talk it out with his ex or get closure or whatever, that should have been done before he started dating someone else. Not to mention, he’s hiding it by deleting messages. Who else’s messages is he deleting that you don’t know about?! Drop him and move on!

So for about half your relationship he has been talking to other woman ? You really questioning what to do ??
DROP HIM !

Been with my partner for over a year, still talk almost daily to my ex still hangout with him at least once a week. Been best friends with him for 15years. Talk to him. If it concerns you, if he lies and denies, leave, if he’s honest and it wasn’t anything crazy move on. I couldn’t imagine any of my partners telling me I couldn’t be friends with one of my ex’s or talk to them at all, I would laugh pack my stuff and leave because that screams you don’t trust me. Ex’s are usually ex’s because something doesn’t work out with you guys being together, it doesn’t mean you can’t still have a great friendship. :two_hearts:

Something is definitely going on need to confront him he’s hiding it from u so he won’t get caught I’m speaking from experience

1 Like

It’s one thing talking to them but if they’re hiding it that’s a big problem that’s just as good as cheating in my book I’ve been there I definitely get what you’re going through but I would talk to him since none of it was inappropriate and just tell him that you’re not comfortable with him speaking to his exes and set some boundaries. in my opinion you shouldn’t have to speak with your exes when you’re in another relationship because there are your exes for a reason. You guys have to sit down and have a mature conversation about this or it’s never gonna get better it’s just gonna fester and end up ruining your relationship.

Have you asked him ?? Sat down and talked??

You’re probably a rebound. He was engaged. He came to you single and had fun going out taking trips living a free life trying g to get iver the loss of tbat very serious relationship, with a girl to hang out with everyday to fulfill his need for companionship, intimacy, touch, and sex. Doesn’t mean he was serious about you. He just needed someone to be close to and tbat was you. Thats the exact definition of a rebound relationship. I’m sorry. Move on find someone who you don’t have to worry about who they talk to and go through their phone. You deserve better.