What should I do about my childs bully?

We just moved to a new town, and the apartment building we live in has a playground. We can see it from our window and keep in contact with our son via a walkie-talkie. We want to teach him how to be independent. Unfortunately, he's met his first bully. Even worse, this bully is younger and smaller than him, so he feels like he can't fight back. This five-year-old has tricked other kids into helping him bully my son, but they've apologized, and they are now friends. But this kid is still at it. The first time he shoved my son to the ground and poured water on him from his water bottle. He also tried to steal his bike. Today my seven-year-old came upstairs soaking wet because this kid shoved him into a puddle. My son doesn't have a mean bone in his body, but I finally told him that if that kid laid hands on him again, he should do it back. I was angry when I said it because I was bullied growing up. But I wonder if it was the right thing to do, considering the kid is younger. My husband told me that this kid is a menace and runs away whenever any adult tries to go fix the situation as it's happening. The kid runs and hides in the woods. We don't even know who his parents are. Our apartment complex has cameras everywhere, so I think before my kid has to clock this kid, I should file a complaint, right?
56 Likes

Tell your child to hit that kid one good time and I bet he won’t bully him again

33 Likes

I’d tell your son to hit back if you can’t find that other childs parents. Ask the other kids I’m sure some one has to know. In due time that other child will know to stop! Unfortunately, because no ones corrected that child or has given a piece of his own medicine; it is why that kid does what he’s doing!

13 Likes

Tell that boy to bust that bully’s nose. And he will stop that shit.

Do unto others… it’s self defense.

4 Likes

Let him beat his ass one good time he’ll never do it again. Some girl was bullying my daughter in school so I gave my daughter full permission to rock her shit. The school called us both in and I told the principal, the cops, the teacher, and the other parent that the kid got what she was asking for, and self defense isn’t a crime. And that if it happened again I would beat her mother’s ass black and blue and we never had another problem.

Go down there with your son, and tell the kid he better stop, you watch him pick on him and y will tell his parents. Have him apologize to your son

3 Likes

I think I would go down there and tell the kid that he has been warned - if he touches my son again in any way I have told my son to fight back, and my son will NOT be in trouble when he does. Hopefully that will instill fear in him if he knows that you know and have told your son to pop him if he does it again.

My mom instinct is to beat that ass. HOWEVER. Don’t do that. He’s probably learning it from somewhere, most likely his own home. Try to invite him over, kill him with kindness. Show him he could have friends. And if that doesn’t work, yes, one solid hit will usually back bullies down. From your kid, not you.

My dad taught my brother and I the same thing growing up, never start the fight but finish it. When they stop you stop. And no one has the right to lay an unwanted hand on you, younger or older. I was in 6th grade and was having a verbal cat fight with a 10th grader. We were both wrong there. I got up to walk away and she kicked me hard enough I dropped. I stood up and punched her in the mouth, just once. She didn’t hit me again so I didn’t hit her again. We both ended up in trouble with the school, but ended up being friendly afterwards. I’ve been teaching my daughter the same way my dad taught me. If this younger boy isn’t getting the hint with words, and the adults can even sit him down to talk. Well, it sounds like you gave your son the best advice. At least in my opinion. Unfortunately, sometimes that’s what it takes for a bully to understand and either back off or change their attitude. Best of luck to you and your son! Tell him to keep his head up! Hopefully if you file a complaint it helps and it doesn’t have to come down to the boys brawling!

4 Likes

I have two brothers. When they were both young the older of the two was getting bullied badly. Didn’t have a mean bone in his body. The younger of the two got fed up and come round the corner full speed and shoved a kid three times his size down a long ass hill…the bully never touched my brother again.

I would let the office know there is an issue, and ask them to just have it noted that it has been brought to their attention.

I don’t condone violence, but sometimes you do what you have too in order to protect oneself.

That kid touches him one more time… Have your son throw one good one at him. There is only so much we can do as parents and so much your son can take… He needs to defend himself without seriously hurting the child… Just send a messege that if you keep messing with me I’m gonna whoop your ass lol.

I would be finding the parents. Someone knows where he lives. Have a conversation with them, and tell them you hope you do not have to return to their doorstep . I ask kids straight up where is your mother/father.

1 Like

Record it and then go talk to the parent

Self defense :woman_shrugging:t2: I teach my son this and I was raised this way ; never throw the first punch but if they touch you damn sure finish it

I was always taught if someone puts unkind hands on you… you make sure they never forget that you were kind until kindness was no longer an option. Take that however you want.

4 Likes

My son in grade 5 and 6 was small size for his age. Other boys bullied him. Pushing him to the ground. Pushing him into bookcases in the classroom. It was causing my son to stress out. Stomach aches…didn’t want to go to school. Im old school. In my school days boys fought it out. Punching and wrestling on the ground etc. Then they would get up and shake hands or go their separate ways…some became good friends. So I told my son if they hit you push you or anything. You stand up for yourself and fight them back. I am standing with you. When you get called to the principals office…or get suspended or expelled I am with you. But you stand up for yourself. Fight back. So he did…he fought back. One bigger kid didn’t expect my son to fight back. My son knocked him to the ground. But after a few incidents of my son standing up for himself. And showing these bullies that they crossed my sons boundaries …the bullying stopped. He became friends with 2 of his bullies. Like good friends. The others left him alone.
And the principal wanted them to sit in her office and talk things through. About how they feel. I said F that…I am not raising no panty waist boy. To sit and talk. Yeah there is a time for all that but not this situation.
I don’t care what any one thinks. I did what I thought was right. My son knows I support him and he’s a real good guy. Strong and stable. I would do it again.
The bullying comes from home. Where do these kids learn to be bullys. From home. No discipline. Frustrations about how they are treated at home from the parents themselves. Or not receiving the love and support and structure kids crave.

Tell him to let the kid have it! He needs knocked on his but a few times!

Ask the office who the parents are . Talk with them with a open mind , you will find one of two things a parent willing to help or the reason behind the issue then you can decide how to move forward. I recommend video from a distance to prove your sons side if possible. Your son should only use his hands if he is being held down or prevented from leaving in any way and then only to provide a way to get free , once free no hands on behavior. Remember your son will be responsible for his choices. I always taught my kids the rules as if they were 18 and the consequences. Be honest straight forward and firm .

1 Like

Put a sign at the playground STOP BULLYING :raised_hand: :skull:…also …u may never be able to get this fucker …but don’t allow your sons mental health to suffer bc of him …tell him the minute he gets hit the minute he gets shoved …he better hit em with a left right …altho a bully might never change and there will always be miserable ppl in life like this it doesn’t mean the other person has to suffer …I feel bad for your son …but I also feel bad for the 5yr old bully…maybe his dad …or parents treat him like shit …maybe there never around and he has no one to keep him straight …and is only modeling whats going on at home …kids need love …but I hope the bullying gets under control now

Tell your child to beat his lil 5 yr old a$$

4 Likes

Get them all ice cream. Then he will show up. Tell him off and if he wants to get ice cream too he can stop being a little dickhead 🤷

8 Likes

My son was bullied in middle school and I went to the school and to the boys parent(who I knew) all to no avail. I told my son that if he wanted it to stop he was going to have to defend himself and he did! Laid the boy out at the bus stop!! Yes he got in trouble at school but I was damn proud of him! After that incident he was never bullied again!! I hope your son will stand up for himself it changed my sons mindset, he knew he did not have to tolerate bullying! Best of luck to you and your son!!!

You weren’t wrong for telling him that. This kid has clearly not been disciplined. Sometimes it takes someone bigger and badder to come along and put a bully in their place.

4 Likes

Bully needs a taste of his own medicine. Get a punch one good time and he’ll stop

Tell him fight back I’ve told my kids to fight back against the bully and I would stand behind them 100%

1 Like

Complain to the apartment management.

4 Likes

Need to call the police and make a report. They can pull the camera tapes and check around for who it is.

5 Likes

Call CPS and let them handle it. There’s more to this kid’s story than just being a bully.

3 Likes

My kids have always been taught to defend themselves. If that means clocking another kid then so be it. They are never to throw the first punch, push first or anything of the sort. But if another kid lays their hands on my kids, all bets are off.
Usually kids like that pick on other kids because they don’t defend themselves. Once they do defend themselves, they back off.

1 Like

I was taught to never hit first…but be sure to throw the last one…this kid obviously needs someone to teach him a lesson and isn’t going to stop until someone stands up to him.

2 Likes

Find out who the parents are and proceed with caution … Like… I worry that’s learned behavior in his home. It could be a sibling and it doesn’t matter IT IS NOT OK.
File the complaint if theirs cams everywhere it wont be hard to figure out.
And don’t 2nd guess teaching your kid to stand his ground. Ever. 5years old or not- he’s not letting his age stop him from being a mean jerk

Nope call the cops… maybe they can scare him straight

4 Likes

File a complaint, teach your son to stand up for himself, or he will be bullied his whole life.

1 Like

I’d make some sort of complaint so there is a paper trail of some parent tried to get up in arms that an older kid hit their younger kid. But I definitely am on board with your son sticking up for himself.

If someone did that to my daughter then she better do it back. :woman_shrugging:t2: And if the kid wants to run to his mom I’d love for her to come to my house

8 Likes

Whooaaa don’t tell ur kid to lay hands on him. March up to that mother and have an adult conversation. They are way too young to be hashing it out themselves.

4 Likes

9/10 times the bully is being abused at home, I would keep an eye on him for both their sakes

Your son has to stick up for himself, so you told him the right thing to do. The bully bullies him because he can. Chances are if your son fights back the kid will stop.

Go talk to his parents.

1 Like

Yea do it quick, n then your kid can kick his ass

I would contact his parents

You can do one of two things

1. speak to the 5 year old’s parent(s)
  2. Teach your boy to stand up to the bully.

I’ll add a quick story involving my older brother. Everyday, a boy much bigger and older than him, beat him up after we got off the bus. I would always run home crying to my parents. My dad told my older brother, “Boy, you need to even the score. Get a big stick, and knock some sense into that boy.” The next day, my older brother did just that. That boy ran home crying to his parents who came to our house to talk to my parents about my brother hitting their son with a stick. My dad explained the endless bullying my brother endured for months and that he is the one who told my brother to hit that boy with a stick. That boy’s dad turned and look at his son before saying, “Well, I guess you had that coming!” And, they left. That boy never touched my brother again.

4 Likes

If your son hits him back ONE good time, he will stop. Side note, if you can’t find out who his parents are, you should probably call the authorities/CPS. I know he’s a little :poop: but a 5 year old should not be left unattended like that. Then you said when adults approach him, he runs and hides in the woods. That’s dangerous in and of itself. One day he can get snatched up in those woods.

11 Likes

Although a person is allowed to defend themselves in the moment, encouraging a child to hit another person could escalate the situation… aggression never de-escalates with more aggression. I would watch where the boy goes home and talk to his parents about it first at least. Keep in mind, many bullies are that way because they are being “bullied” at home. If he’s getting hit as discipline he’s been taught to believe hitting people is how to get what you want.

1 Like

Ask the other kids where the parents to the 5 year old is. Then proceed with caution. You may need to make a report to cps. The 5 year olds behavior is pretty concerning. Makes one wonder about his home life. You boy has a right to stand up for himself. I’d just be keeping a very close eye on them…

1 Like

going through it as well hun been in my complex 3 years a family where mom and dad are volatile and clearly do drugs well there 3 kids are monsters and not only taunt my kids throw stuff at them and tried lockimg them out of our building they dont even live in same courtyard :rage::rage::rage: cant talk to parents as thats where it comes from :sleepy: my 9 yo is afraid to go outside

He’s 5 and yours is 7. Both parents should be outside supervising. In my opinion, but definitely stay outside with your son. Maybe you can catch him in time then proceed from there.

3 Likes

Hang the little shit from a tree

Filing complaints with the school rarely works. I’d find the parents and have a chat with them.

Yes , he should stand up to the bully. Sometimes they need a good pounding back.

1 Like

Talk to the kids parents and if he continues to bully your son at such a young age, have your son knock his block off!!!

2 Likes

If it doesn’t stop… and parents can’t be located. I’d contact the police.

2 Likes

Video the bullying incidents. File complaint. The complex manager should know who the parents r. Tell them if it continues ur prepared to file charges. Since the bully is playing unsupervised the cops may even have other charges to follow up on with the parents.

1 Like

Hell no. Let your kid serve him up a dose of what he deserves

2 Likes

Screw a complaint fight back!

2 Likes

get him to punch the kid in the face!

4 Likes

Don’t waste your time. He needs to thump that kid’s melon a couple of times and he will leave him alone. And if mama comes bitching, whoop her too.

If the kid is big and bad enough to lay hands on another child then he is big and bad enough to get his own medicine back. You did the right thing but I would also file a complaint and get photos and videos and proof of the bullying as well to help your case no matter what.

5 Likes

My son went through something similar. The other kid was younger but not a lot smaller as my son is small for his age. His parents wouldn’t do anything. My son kept walking away. The boy kept running back and pushing him or hitting him from behind. Finally I told my son that he needed to give the boy a warning. And if that doesn’t work he needs to stand his ground. He did. He even went a step further and said it three times. The fourth time he turned around and beat the shit out of the kid. He never messed with any other kid again. :woman_shrugging:
Sometimes nothing else works.

Standing up to them is the only thing that will get them to stop. Nothing else will help. You did the right thing.

1 Like

Snatch that boy by his damn arm and make him tell you where he lives. Or stalk him.

Ask the other parents who have lived there longer, which apartment he lives in, and go talk to the parents, he may have older siblings that pick on him, I would have said the same, tell him to ask him to stop, tell him to walk away, if the child keeps bullying him, and hits him after doing those steps, then he can defend himself, and tell the other child, he does not want to hurt him, he just wants to be left alone.

Go with your 7 year old to the playground. I understand wanting him to be independent but not with bullying and not at this age. All the parents take turns and sit out there with the kids. You all know what’s happening so have an adult out there at all times. The 5 year old will show up eventually and then one of you can talk to him and tell him you all are watching from the windows. No need to call the cops on a 5 yo. And don’t assume just because this kid is being a bully that he is being hurt at home. Some kids can have mental issues. What if next time this kid takes a small pocket knife or really hurts your kid and you’re watching it all from the window and can’t do a thing. I am not a helicopter mom. I grew up in Compton. Watch your kid closely.

10 Likes

I’d say clock the little sh*t

9 Likes

I would sit and watch for him to head home and follow then knock in the door and explain whats happening. If it continues I’d gonto management. If it still continues all gloves come off.

1 Like

Ummmm teach your kid how to fight? My daughter is 5 and would’ve already punched that kid in the nose, regardless of age.

8 Likes

It sounds like the little kid is troubled … as a parent I can understand u wanting ur son to stand up for himself and he definitely should … I just also wonder if theres something going on with the other kid to be so aggressive especially at such a young age… maybe try find out who his parents are … there could be something going on at home to cause him to act out like this. Are my thoughts

2 Likes

Id tell my kid same thing

1 Like

Have him stand up to the child. If doesn’t stop it’s time to get involved and talk with the parents of that child

2 Likes

Nope. Tell your kid to lay him the hell out.

4 Likes

Try finding out where the parents live I’m sure someone else one of the other kids would probably know what house is theirs and go speak to them and if it continues after talking to them , well then I would tell your son to defend himself

It’s happened more than once. It’s time to lay the kid out. Nothing wrong with standing up for yourself and setting boundaries. Some people just learn the hard way :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I would be thinking Can I kick a kid’s ass :thinking::angry: nah seriously i would let him push back, he may be smaller & younger but if his being a little shit what else can he do & talk to the mother ask her to pull his head in

I teach my son that if anyone hits him he better hit their ass back. If not the other kid will continue to bully him. I’m sorry your boy is going through this. Kids can be so mean. If your boy hits him back one time (a good punch to the face) I promise you that kid will leave him alone. Tell your boy to stand up for himself. I hope things get better between your boy & this other kid.

I think having your child stand up to him is smart honestly. The kid will continue to do what he is doing unless someone stops him. You never know that his parents will do anything to correct the issue so handle it yourself. As Long as your son doesn’t seriously injure him i think its a good lesson for both kids.

1 Like

Ok I’m one of those moms that would tell the kid to stop and walk away if the kid continues then let him have it! But then again I WOULD NEVER LET MY 7 yr old go to the playground alone! Does that window stop a kidnapper, a child molester or a bully! NO! If you glued to the window watching your child then there’s no reason you can’t go with him! Sorry but not sorry if that little kid can take off running in the woods to get away then someone can grab your kid and do the same! Yes it’s my opinion but in this day and age it is not safe! Hell it’s barely safe even being right there! PEOPLE WAKE UP

25 Likes

I would be straight down there and right in that kids face.

2 Likes

Your kid would be saving so many in the future if ya just lay the kid out. Let him know it’s not okay to be mean.

2 Likes

You did the right thing !! I would’ve said the same thing

1 Like

I genuinely think you should plan a fun activity or a meal that your 7 year old can invite him to with the childs parents permission. This child may have a hard home life and is acting out because of it. You have a great opportunity to make an impact on his life and also your son has a chance to make a friend instead of an enemy.

8 Likes

I taught my daughter the same thing I was taught, you ask them nicely to stop the first time, if they come back a second time you ask nicely to stop as a final warning and tell a teacher about it (if she’s at school) and if the bully does it again and the teacher doesn’t do anything about it, punch them in the face. Simple as that. My daughter doesn’t pick fights, she doesn’t use violence to solve anything else. But, she will defend the hell out of herself. Kids stopped picking on her when they realized they’d have a bloody nose. Bullies need to be put in their place, simple. Take their power and they don’t have anything. I also wouldn’t let my 7 year old go to the playground alone because there’s way too many sickos out there.

6 Likes

This bad ass bully is 5? Lol, pushing 7year olds in the puddles? Ok, your kids need to gain some bearing, literally. :laughing:

Talk to the child first, if it continues ask that child to take you to his parent’s. If the child won’t make a report as you will need proof, the Police will find the parent’s.
Problem solved. Fighting isn’t the answer, but your choice.

Ummmm… Be with your kid. Is this really a post… :no_mouth:

5 Likes

Find the kids parents. If my kids were being rude to someone & they fought back i wouldn’t care because my kid was the one who started it. Or like everyone else is saying don’t let your kid out alone :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Teach your children to defend themselves. I would grab that kid and walk his ass back home to his parents. Unfortunately they are a product of their environment.

Really what I have found is just to be there and step in as a parent and reprimand the other child yourself. But if he doesn’t act up while you are there or he does it again, just tell your kid to pop him in the face. Sad thing is that it sounds like even if the poor kid went home crying to his parents, they probably wouldn’t even get their nose out of their phone to look up and pay attention to him. He is obviously starved for attention and that’s why he is acting out. If the parents are involved, they will come to you once you reprimand their child. Unfortunately, I bet that’s not the case.

A 5 yr old runs loose un attended to the point his parents are unknown? None of mine have been turned loose at 5 yrs old I couldnt imagine not being there with such a yound child surprised someone hasnt called the cops about a 5yr old running loose lol

5 Likes

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
I’d locate the parents and talk to them, supervise the kids while playing, etc. before throwing hands.

1 Like

If a five year old is out unattended without anyone knowing who his parents are, I’m gonna suggest there is a lot more going on in this 5 year olds life. I would never let my 5 year old just go out and about by himself. My gut impression is this five year old has neglectful and inattentive parents if he’s out at 5 and also bullying. Idk but I feel like there’s much more to this than just a kid being a jerk…

7 Likes

Your 7 yr old don’t belong at a playground by himself phone walkie or whatever else u want to give him do u not see what happens in the world we live in I mean cmon and he had problems to start and u continue to let him go there at 7yrs old u must not be watching in that window if he’s coming home after being pushed in a puddle and u didn’t see it smh watch ur kid problem solved

7 Likes

My concern is the fact that it seems there is no adult supervision for any of the kids on the playground which is a bad thing first off - what if your child or another child got hurt really bad and all the other kids ran because of fear of getting in trouble and that child was left hurt with no way of getting help until a parent realized their child hadn’t returned home like normal - dang people use your common sense here and realize even though you may live in an apartment complex there are still weirdos among you and no 5 or 7 yr. old child should be out at a playground or roaming the vicinity as seems the case here with the 5 yr. old without an adult accompany them. I truly hope that someone realizes that there is a problem here with a 5yr. old running off into the woods whenever an adult does come around - that’s a truly big red flag for me - pray that that little boy isn’t being abused or been abandoned by his parents - at least try to watch and see where he goes or what apartment he goes to when he leaves the playground and not running from an adult…this is truly a sad post.

4 Likes

It’s such a hard situation. I get why you said it. Maybe you could try to talk to the kids maybe the parents? If not honestly, if he doesn’t stand up for himself it won’t get better. BUT one thing if you can see id watch when I seen it happening I’d walk over and confront in a way. Then he will know your watching!!

Go with him to the playground! Sort it out!

2 Likes

So many judgemental ass moms on here. This whole page is a joke. Nothing but other moms bashing people and telling people how they feel about parenting. Not all parents are helicopter parents. At no point did she ask for anyone’s opinion about her son being at the park.

Now, my advice is talk to the child. See what’s going on and if it can be resolved. If not, move on to the parents. If all else fails. Let your son knock him out. At the end of the day there is no right way to do this parenting thing. Trust your gut. You got this mom

Duct tape the kid to the play ground eventually the parents might show up n have your talk than🤷🏽

9 Likes

I would never let a 7 yr old play unattended. And tell him to kick that little kids butt!!! And go to the bullys parents

1 Like

Yes file a complaint with the complex and see if they can help you set up a meeting with his parents

1 Like

I am glad to hear your apartment complex has cameras all around as you may be able to see when a pedophile or pedophiles { walks off with your child } & make no mistake ~ there are ‘sicko’s always watching all those kids on the playground ~ probably watching them play from the very same camera set up you are monitoring …{ as 1 or more of your neighbors in your building is watching that monitor all the time ~ planning when to strike & what child to grab !!! } The ‘child molester’ knows after watching for a few days which child’s parents are NOT with them & that ‘unattended’ child will be the one he walks away with while you have ‘stepped away’ from the monitor to make a ‘pit’ stop, etc … Every minute a child is on a playground ~ { any playground } a parent should be with them { instead of on Facebook asking complete strangers questions about how to have your little boy handle a bullying situation !!! Get out there & stay out there whenever your child is there & there will be NO bullying !!! It also troubles me that the younger ‘bullying’ child goes running off into the Woods <> It sounds like he is in an ‘abusive home’ & running away into the woods is an indication he is in danger @ home & certainly in danger if a predator pedophile follows him into the Woods…

4 Likes