What should I do about my family?

In 2018 myself and my son moved with my grandparents who are in their 60s and my aunt uncle and cousin. My son’s dad would live with us off and on until officially leaving and haven’t heard anything since January. Upon moving in I was receiving 350 in food stamps and 600 in cash aid. The deal was pay no rent just give them food stamps. That was fine. This caused huge problems between my aunt and uncle and cousin because they felt it was unfair and they argued with me nonstop. Came to the point where I would only come home to sleep and during the day trying to deal with breastfeeding and soon toddler I would sit at the park all day or find free events at libraries and community centers to kill time. I was struggling with separation anxiety from my son and dealing with an in and out boyfriend that promised the world. Right before my son turned 2 I decided to go back to school to begin a career and live alone. My grandparents watched my 6 year old cousin all the time but when I asked for them to watch my son they didn’t want to and I had no other family around to help for 2 days a week 4 hours each day. Eventually they said yes when I got them approved for caregiver payments by the county to watch my son. That lasted a year and I was thankful. Then my son was able to go to preschool and things got easier. I graduated with a bachelors and got a great job. Making about 3800 a month. The moment I got the job and my family found out how much I made my rent skyrocketed alongside my aunt /uncle and cousin moving out. They paid 500 a month while living at the house and I was forced to pay 1500 a month or I needed to move out to shelter until I figured it out. So I went ahead and did so. I tried applying to apartments and houses and kept getting denied. My credit score was a 550 and everyone wanted 3x the rent for income. And where I live rent minimum is 1800 for the ghetto and anything decent is 2000 plus. I struggled looking for someone to live with me but everyone already had someone they already lived with. I talk to my grandparents about going back to school for my masters. Another 2 years so I can make the income required to leave alone. They agree but still wanted the rent. Since I had to move down to part time to complete an internship this would be near impossible. I was able to get approved for food stamps again and due to inflation I was now getting 500 a month. They dropped my rent down to 1000 a month if I gave them the food stamps card. So I did but I only make 2000 a month now and I’m drowning in my small amount of bills, food costs, and gas. I can’t save any money anymore because all my savings went to paying for 2000 worth of books each semester. My other uncle just moved in and he is only paying 200 a month for the room and when I asked if I could do that so I can save and pay my debt to move my credit up it once again turned into a fight that I need to leave if I don’t pay. Now they are saying I have until may (the month I graduated) to move out so my other cousin and her kids can move in cuz they need it more than me. I’m stressing out and scared we will be homeless for months before I gain the income to get approved for a place. My parents aren’t an option. They are busy with their own partners in different parts of the world and won’t answer my calls. I’m struggling and the only answer is to beg for rent reduction or ask for more time until I get kicked out. Trust me I understand that I have overstayed my welcome. I feel that everyday. The sny comments the constant gossip between family about not being able to provide or messing up and choosing a bad partner and going to he ll for it. Thank you for reading this far but is there a way to ask them in a specific way for the rent reduction or more time that I’m not doing correctly? I have promised them I won’t bother anymore after but they say I’m destined to come back begging for a room. Idk why they have this idea of me I really don’t. I have never done drugs, have never been to jail, and the first in my family to ever go to college, let alone graduate with a masters.

175 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What should I do about my family?

Do you not qualify for housing since you get food stamps???

5 Likes

You can apply for housing assistance…also, why pay the college book fee when you can rent them on Amazon for around $35-40 each…that’s what we do for our 2 kids…so much cheaper….
May is a ways away…so i would apply now for housing…it may take a few months to get approved!

8 Likes

Okay, listen. I have been in this exact situation. With 6 kids. You’re better off being homeless. How are you going to be able to get out on your own if they are taking most of your income? I was homeless two years within those two years I stayed with three different people expecting different results. Each times getting the same results. Meaning I said forget it, I’ll struggle with faith that God will bring me through. He did. I am now working a great Job, have an amazing house that I get a few stamps but that’s it. I am better off and those same individuals that I needed then that kicked me while I was down, are now asking for my assistance. Long story short, sometimes Gods makes things uncomfortable for you to move on because he knows if he doesn’t you will stay where you are. Trust the process sweetheart. Instead of asking for rent reduction look for a shelter. When staying in a shelter I gained so much clarity about myself (try on faith based, and all about moms and kids. they’ll help you the most) Look for a babysitter that is not your family to pay them to watch your babies. I am giving you advice that I myself took. Trust me, it is so hard not having that support. I understand, I cried many a nights to God while my babies slept. He brought me through better than ever. Trust his process hun. He is going to keep you through all of this. Congratulations on you completing school and trying your hardest. It gets hard and I understand. If you need someone to talk to who can relate, please don’t hesitate to message me.

17 Likes

Omg they sound horrid poor you

1 Like

Go on Facebook marketplace and look for a room to rent. Also where do you live? Cause dang I’m doing something wrong, I make less and get zero government assistance and no child support. Maybe I’m filling it out wrong because that kind of assistance would be so helpful.

6 Likes

Have you tried any newspapers, sometimes private landlords post in there and they are a lot easier to work with. Also Craigslist. Hang in there love, things will work out. Just don’t give up!

3 Likes

First off WOW! Congratulations to overcoming all of that! I just came to encourage you to keep going, stay positive snd don’t doubt yourself or allow them to hinder your growth, you can clearly do amazing things!

6 Likes

Toxic family.get your food stamp card back and leave go to a shelter they will get into a place plus daycare assistance and help alot

10 Likes

Find a room to rent! They are using you…Rule #1 stop talking so much…you are telling to much of your business to them

14 Likes

Welcome to the united states where everyone in your boat, like myself, is just fucked.

Your grandparents sound like money hungry ungrateful prudes :roll_eyes: using there home as way to make money… and not better thier FAMILY … move to a different state. Because those prices are ridiculous in the state I live. 2-3 bedroom home ranges from 650-800$ a month here.
Sometimes moving to a different state is the best option.
Your grandparents should be ashamed of themselves. No reason you need to pay all that while others in the home are paying well less under that. That’s not fair. And it’s illegal tbh … hope you get outa there ! And finally find peace

12 Likes

You are with losers… rent a hotel room on a weekly basis and keep looking for a place.

6 Likes

Wow, sorry your grandparents are more understanding. Pray you find housing and make a better life for you and kids.

It sounds wrong, but just give them what you can or stop paying altogether so you can save up. They are taking advantage of you and using you as a cash tree. They aren’t trying to help, so you have to help yourself. They will have to go through the courts to evict you. Also, never ever tell family or friends what your income is. Even if you become a millionaire, say you’re broke.

8 Likes

It sounds like you should go to the shelter. If you had done this initially you would probably have your own apartment by now.

2 Likes

Is there an extend a stay you can go to? Your family is awful. Congratulations on college!!!

2 Likes

Since you are graduating in May. I’d be looking for jobs in areas of the country with lower costs of living. Do your research, go where it’s cheaper to live especially since your family isn’t very supportive. Start over in a new place.

In the mean time, go apply for housing assistance, especially since you are in school. Contact the homeless shelter, the United way, etc, to see what help is available in your area.

2 Likes

Call a domestic violence shelter. Even though your not in danger they can help you with resources and housing

1 Like

Talk to your case
Worker and see if there are any programs they can help you with

1 Like

First of all I want to shout from the rooftops, YOU GO GIRL! I am so proud of all you’ve accomplished amidst all that adversity. I really hope that you pat yourself on the back and look in the mirror and say “damn girl, you did it!” Celebrate that success because it is one hell of an achievement.

Second of all you said it yourself, when you started making money and they found out, what did they want more of? The reason they are demanding so much of you is because they know that you out of everyone else are the only one capable of making good money. You’re not a burn out and you don’t quit. Truth be told, they’re probably very jealous of you, your achievements, your drive, and your destination ahead. Clearly they’re not kind people so I would stop expecting kindness from them. Just as you did with your degree and all these other challenges, go figure it out, there are lots of rooms for rent, look outside of the area you’ve been looking, look for Facebook groups for rooms to rent lots of women are looking for only female roommates. You can do this girl, I believe in you. :mega: Cheering for you from the sidelines! you’re a rockstar :dizzy:

2 Likes

That is actually illegal to do. Your food stamps are to feed you and your son. You can talk to your college counselor for housing opportunities for single moms in your situation. Income based housing for one. Your state should have a resource line as well.

4 Likes

Move into a shelter until you can afford a studio. Cut ties with your ENTIRE loser family FOREVER, every single loser one of them

15 Likes

I’m sorry you’re going through this. Please take the advice of others. These people are using you. You don’t need them. They need you for your money. I lived with grandma while in grad school and she didn’t charge me a dime in rent. I paid utilities because I felt guilty she wouldn’t take anything. And then my food etc. You can find better.

8 Likes

Maybe move to a cheaper city, state?

2 Likes

Can you apply for a Pell Grant for school? They usually give you a book line of credit and cover your tuition. There are also hundreds of grants you can apply for at the college. Talk to financial aid. As much as I hate to say this, you would be better off staying at a family homeless shelter. They have case managers available that have resources to assist you.

6 Likes

You are stronger than you know, you have overcome so much already, you have accomplished so much and still going, dont give up now, God will make a way and it will work out, these tests will be your testimonies, dont listen to negative chatter ( sometimes its hard not to) but continue to push through, you got this, you are stronger than you think, “you/I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”

3 Likes

You should do all you can to leave. Giving away your food benefits is fraud, so family putting you in that situation is horrific! I’m sorry but it doesn’t sound like any good will come from you continuing to live or associate with them.

10 Likes

I’d take my card back change the PIN number on it and move into a hotel they offer weekly, bi weekly and monthly payments it might help you save plus it’d save on food because you now have your card

9 Likes

They are jelly to the max! Keep up your hard work and get out!

3 Likes

Sign up for section 8. If your in a shelter or domestic violence shelter some places let you jump the section 8 list to the top. Also some towns have resources that help you pay rent while waiting on section 8.

2 Likes

Find a shelter for woman. They will help you get on your feet and get you approved for something. How awful of your family. Clearly they are taking advantage of you, and by taking your food stamps that was meant to feed the kids is deplorable. Run girl and don’t look back

2 Likes

I make over $150 an hour working from home. I never thought I’d be able to do this, but my colleague makes over $13,980 a month doing it, and he convinced me to give it a try. The possibilities with this are endless.

SEE MORE HERE…>> https://homejob127.pages.dev

2 Likes

Call salvation army or 211.

1 Like

Been there. Paying over half our income for rent while noone else paid a penny :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

They’re kicking you out anyway, just stop paying :woman_shrugging:t4:. In most states they’ll have to evict you if they want to push it which will require them to pay out of pocket. It sounds like they are not the kind of people to do that; greedy much :woman_shrugging:t4: So I’d ride it out until May, they seem to deserve that.
Save that money until May. Then move out.

9 Likes

First off your grandparents are using you. They need to factor in that you are contributing to feeding everyone in the house. If they are going to charge you $1500 in rent they can buy their own groceries. Technically as others have mentioned your food stamps are for you and your child. Have you looked into some type of housing assistance in your state? You already qualify for food stamps so you should qualify for housing. You need to move out of there ASAP. Don’t let them treat you like dirt. To me it sounds like you are doing way more than anyone else in that house.

3 Likes

Stop giving them your Foodstamps card.
Look into Extended stay hotels and some hotels don’t charge taxes if stay in 30 days or more

3 Likes

You make more then us. Our rent is 1500 and that is not including water trash cable, electric, plus car payment, gas on 2 cars, insurance on 2 cars, food and anything else we may need a month. We have 2 kids 3 and 7 and my husband is the ONLY income we have. He makes about $800 a week on a good week. Sometime you have to lie about the income to actually get into a apartment and we had to but we still mange to make it by the hair on our chin every month. I’m sorry your struggling but with your income you shouldn’t be staying with anyone. Even if it’s a hotel tell you can lock down a apartment.

Definitely find all available resources and get out of there asap and never return. They sound horrific

2 Likes

Wow with family like that, who needs enemies. You sound awesome in my book. Just keep your head up and if you must maybe move to a cheaper state. Idk what state your in.

3 Likes

You live around some wicked family members , get the he’ll out of there and look for a new start in another city or state

1 Like

Holy crap you could rent a house in North Carolina for cheaper then what your paying just for a room

1 Like

Stop paying and save until May! Get a secured Credit Card through your bank, use it to pay bills you’re already paying and pay it off every month. You will pay zero interest and build up your credit pretty quickly.

1 Like

If you’re on foodstamps already see if you can also get housing assistance. Often times the DFR or FSSA(I’m not sure what is called where you’re at, here it’s Division of family resources and family and social services administration) will help with housing. Section 8 or income based apartments may be something to look into as well. If you need to build credit, I started building mine with a secured credit card (you pay a deposit to get access to the credit line) and make on time payments and keep usage low (typically 30% or less). Check with your caseworker for your food stamp case. And also, get your card back from them asap. And if they won’t return it report it lost or stolen and the card won’t be any good to them.

1 Like

You need to move out now. Giving them your food stamps is illegal. There are motels, shelters, etc. Go now.

1 Like

See if there is a workforce around or project housing…the workforce may have housing info for you.

You’ve got this…I am hoping you the best and believe you will be better off once out. Be grateful for the help but when make sure they know they were unfair to you when you helped them more than they needed

Unfortunately a hotel may not be a bad idea because you’re paying them enough to pay for a hotel anyway. .

For that amount u could even buy q cancer and live at a camp site. Most kidd. lot cheaper. Can u get section 8? Take your food card back. You shouldn’t pay both only food for u and your kids. 1500 for a room is a lot. Heck you can leave here way cheaper than that. All else fails nothing wrong with a shelter they will help you. Try a trailer park even.

1 Like

Can you apply for government subsidized housing? I know theres a wait of some varying sort, but that may be your only option for a long-term fix. Another option for the immediate is renting a hotel room. Plenty have kitchens, the cooking basics, etc already there. Would be cheaper and you’d get your food stamps card back and be on your own away from that toxic mess. People do it way more than you think! :pray: You’ve taken huge steps to help yourself, don’t lose hope!

2 Likes

Stop paying rent and keep your food stamps. they will have to take you to court to evict you, which usually takes 2mo MINIMUM. Save your $ and get your own place!

6 Likes

Have you looked into income based housing,or homes for mothers and children. I’m familiar with options in NC & PA. If you feel comfortable enough to message me broad location I may be able to dig up more resources. Your family sounds needy as well as toxic and I am SO sorry you are dealing with this.

They are using you !!!
Try to find a hotel where you can rent a room monthly, check out in your area if any one is looking for a roommate or you can post looking for one room to rent on Facebook market place .
If nothing happens just find a shelter they will help you with finding a place , you can also go to the social services office that might have resources for you

4 Likes

You are going to THRIVE! Get out and you’ll see sacrifices Pay off. RUN.

4 Likes

They can’t legally throw you out. I think that they need to give you a 30 day notice. Ask the Sheriff department or people at the court house. You need to keep a record of what you are giving them in case you all wound up in court. Make up in your heart that you will never go back. See if they have Section 8 or some type of Housing program in your state. May God Bless and Protect you and your family. Keep moving forward. Trouble won’t last always.

2 Likes

Sweetheart, pack you and your son up and move elsewhere. Move where it’s cheaper and housing is more affordable. It’s not like you need to stay close to your family for support because it sounds like they’re using you more than supporting you.

You’d only need a two bedroom for you and your son. Where I live (Maryland) we have an agency called Community Action Council. Not only will they help you find a rental (they work with landlords), they will help you with 1st months rent and security deposit, getting your utilities set up and then helping with the utility cost as well as coordinating with other agencies for food, medical and child care assistance.

Once you finish school, go off the assistance and live the best life for you and your son!

3 Likes

Proud of you first of all! You’re doing your part. They’re asking a ridiculous amount from you. Don’t let them know what you make! Have you looked into buying a camper and paneling at town camp sites, stuff like that? You may have to pay for daycare but atkeast you’d not be paying 1000-1500 anymore. Praying for you girl. I don’t have half these problems but I’m struggling too. It’s hard for people with kids these days with no ody to watch their kids.

OMG, stop trying to wheel and deal, Find your own place, pay your own bills, and grow up. Nobody in your family owes you anything.

4 Likes

Look for a roommate. Apply for FASFA to help with school stuff. You got this. There is resources our there for you. I would look for them in your area. You can call 211.

2 Likes

Hun. They are only using you if they are charging everybody else just a couple of hundred dollars but you in the 1000s something is wrong here! Get your own place and take care of your business.

2 Likes

Good for you… what about HUD?? I know it helps single moms… I salute you for bettering your life… I would check and see if there are any other options for single moms

3 Likes

I’d make them evict me🤷‍♀️ prove they keep changing your rent … I hope some discussion is in text form. There is no contract or signed lease and you have gotten mail there for years, they have to formally evict you, since you are considered by law as a resident they cannot legally change the locks as well.
Find out if a hotel room is affordable or cheaper than being there. And you don’t have to pay off debt to improve your credit. It’s worth going to YouTube for free advice about upping your credit score!

4 Likes

This makes me sad. Keep pushing through girl, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and you’re working your way there. Shame on those people you call your family, you can do it!

5 Likes

Stop paying rent they have to legally evict you…you can’t get anywhere giving them a 1000$ a month and they expect you to move with what they are taking all your money… sounds like a toxic family. Can you afford an efficiency or stay at a hotel til you get enough money saved up… I don’t understand how grandparents can act this way especially when your doing the right things and paying your way. Is there one that’s easier to talk to than the other, maybe you can tell them you need a lil more time and that you don’t get paid as much anymore can you pay less …sounds like they don’t care what your problems are and you might just have to go…do you have any friends around that might wanna roommate with you…I dont think there is a way to talk to them when they seem so toxic

9 Likes

I feel sorry for your grandparents that’s for sure. They are in the latter part of their lives and between you and the rest of the needy family members y’all have turned their home into a flop house. They certainly are not obligated to help any of you….you’re grown, but they do which you need to be grateful for. You seem to have a long history of government free gratis which is designed and suppose to be temporary but unfortunately some people get use to it and take advantage…like you. You need to get up on your own two feet and take care of yourself and your son without expecting help from others. Even if it takes two or more job’s to do it…you have free to you childcare so there’s no excuse as to why you can’t. Time to grow up now :woman_shrugging:t3:

14 Likes

Go to a shelter. For real. The only thing these people are doing is trying to keep you down. Research on your area of what your options are. Even asking cps for help and guidance let them know your situation, needs and ask for resources.

4 Likes

Keep proof of you staying there. Get your card back for food stamps or cancel it and get a new one sent to you and don’t let them have it at all (change pincode too!) And don’t pay. Just save. They will have to legally evict to get you out which takes time.

9 Likes

Start looking and applying to low income units . What those “ grandparents are charging for rent (1500) and only charging others 500$ is harsh . Next time you make good money DO NOT TELL ANYONE ! Also remember how people treated you .
I’m proud of you doing all that alone with 2 children ! You’re a QUEEN , remember that my girl .
Look for basement suites, even a 1 bedroom! Your kids can share the room and stay in living room. It’s doable ! Live frugal . You’ve come this far, you will succeed successfully :heart:

6 Likes

This way to long!! Tell the details

1 Like

You have an advanced degree and can’t find work to live independently with your child? I don’t have e a degree at all and I work and provide for myself and 3 teenage boys completely on my own with no assistance, child support, not even medical. It can be done. It’s not easy and requires alot of planning and budgeting. But it IS possible.

5 Likes

You are telling them too much of your business. You need to stop giving them your food stamps and all your money. They are taking advantage of you! When you help someone, it should not come with a price. Seek assistance at school for your situation. I would cut the off and not look back.
Congratulations on your accomplishments!!

15 Likes

Send me a DM! I helped my friend get into an apartment with paycheck stubs

3 Likes

I have no Adivce

But I’m so sorry sweetheart :heart:

2 Likes

This is sad it’s your grand parents doing you this way that’s and Insanely to charge you that amount of money for you to stay there they should want to help you if you are trying to better yourself go to school get a better job for u and your kids . They should want you to be able to save and for you to be able to get a home in your own why rent to everyone else so cheap and charge u out the butt thing is family will stick it to you more than friends will they should be ashamed of themselves.

Go to a womans program see what they can offer .

3 Likes

Well, first let me say congratulations, I’m proud of you. Never feel bad we all struggle sometimes, and you are doing everything on your own, so I’m even prouder of you. Life is hard for a single mother, your family, forgive me for saying it sound like slumlord assholes, to charge different sets of the family more, ridiculous. If someone wants to help they should help, that’s not help they are asking for, it’s an income. Prayers for you and your children

They are 100% using and abusing you… I would seek a shelter and move ASAP. I GUARANTEE that they will be calling you begging for you to come back because they’ll need the $$$ you were giving them. Then, if you come back to their home make sure it’s on YOUR TERMS!

11 Likes

If it were me I’d move out, and move states to lower rent rates. Seems like they are just using all the family to help them. Get out for your sanity and for your kids.

4 Likes

Uh first off that food stamp card is for you. Not them. That’s illegal and If county finds out you’re screwed. You’ll have to pay that all back.

7 Likes

Money hungry grandparents!

3 Likes

First, your grandparents are taking advantage of you. If others were okay to pay 500 a month you should be too. They should have never have been given your foodstamp card. That could get everyone in legal trouble. You would be better off renting a room elsewhere or staying in a extended stay hotel unless you can get low income apartment. I would think you should be able to do one of those for the 1000 a month your paying or less. Get your food stamp card back girl. If they won’t give it back, report it as lost and get a new one!

3 Likes

They are using you. I’d keep looking around for affordable housing, you seem smart. Look for housing assistance and move out asap! There’s already too many people in that house!!! Keep trying, check Womans shelters as well

2 Likes

Them taking your food stamps is illegal you can also go to jail for food stamp fraud for giving them your card. Get out get a new card and write them off.

2 Likes

I think your grandparents are the ones over stepping and in the wrong. First off you are family and have a child if they are going to charge you one amont for one room then they should be charging the same for everyone else who has a room. Second off they are being very inconsiderate and rude by asking you for your EBT card because you could be potentially charged with fraud and end up going to prison if you get caught. I’m sorry but they do not sound like good people.

Wise advise
PRIVACY IS POWER
First let me say congratulations and WOW for all you have accomplished! You are amazing and amazing things are coming to you!
Now get involved in a fellowship/church that you have parallel beliefs, when good people see how much you are doing to create a good and safe future for you and your little family.
You are surrounding yourself with takers! Good luck sweet and smart girl! Keep us updated

7 Likes

Sounds like they don’t want to see you succeed because you’ll be better than them. Look for low income housing. They should have something for single moms. I’m so sorry

Its illegal to sell or give away food stamps. So you are committing food stamp fraud. I hope noone you know sees this and reports you.

1 Like

As a grandparent , I can see charging you something for rent but they are making $ off you ! This is the craziest thing I have ever heard ! And taking your food stamp $ ?! Good grief ! I’d be so proud of you for getting your degree ! I think you need to sit down one more time with them and explain that you are eager to Better yourself or as others have said - move . It’s a lot cheaper to live in some states than others . If no one else tells you , I am extremely proud of you and know you will be a success !

13 Likes

They are totally taking advantage of you. I cannot fathom making my child or grandchild pay that much for rent!!! I am happy to watch my granddaughter anytime. I take her to school, pick her up, take her to gymnastics, etc.

If I were you, I’d report my food card lost for starters. Save your money up. Give them a few hundred dollars and say it’s all you can afford, period. GET A RECEIPT. If they want you out so bad, they can evict or they can suck it up and accept what you’re able. Then when you graduate, leave for good and never look back. They don’t deserve to even be involved after that, imo. Shame on them.

I am a professor at a community college. Most college counseling centers can assist you with finding helpful resources such as housing leads and even cash or grants. Go to your counselor or advisor, start there. Or ask your professor to put you in touch with the correct resources. There is help available!

12 Likes

You are being used, manipulated and abused by your “family” I understand how hard it must be to hear all those nasty lies said about you, hold on until you can comfortably find something else. They can’t legally kick you out until they serve you with eviction papers. It’s a terrible position to be in but you may have to ride it out and save up a month or 2 and tell them to pound sand

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re dealing w this. Congratulations to you for not giving up and accomplishing what u did w all this on top of it is not easy. Your kids will be proud of you. I wish I had advice, but I don’t unfortunately. I’m going to pray you get a breakthrough soon though,you deserve it.

2 Likes

Girl. You did something and went to fcking college and got a degree and a good job. Way TO GO! I am so proud of you. Keep looking for affordable housing and don’t give up. I’m sorry your family is not trying to help you, but good things are coming to you ~

5 Likes

Why hand them food vouchers when they have others living under same roof?
That’s straight out using you because of food stamps get out asap to shelter they will help you to with child care and other services walk out don’t look back show them who’s the smart one in the family.
Be your sons role model the environment his in now is very negative

6 Likes

I’m sorry, I am a grandparent and would never think of treating my child or grandkids in this way. You need to get away as soon as you possibly can and take your child with you.

10 Likes

I am so sorry your going through this… but some family ain’t shit! Damn I pray you get an apartment so you and your child can be comfortable. This is truly sad!

Wow, assuming you’re only working part time now, you should really try to get into your own place. You should be able to get a decent job with a B.A degree. What you make is far more than what others make and get no type of assistance. You should really try to save as much as possible and get away from those using you. Giving away your source of assistance without paying anything should have given you a chance to safe. And on top of that that’s fraud, most don’t have the privilege to get any help. With your B.A. degree and assistance I don’t see how you’re not able to move forward and provide on your own.

5 Likes

Why don’t you move to a different state so you can afford a place to live. Btw I’m proud of you getting your degree. I pray you will find help for now before you get your master. I’m so sorry you have those kinda family members. Wished you’re near I can baby sit for free so you can finish your school.

5 Likes

Good for you!! You got a degree and that’s amazing because not many do that. Get you a good paying job. There’s many that can help you. As for your family there’s nothing more you can do except leave. You’ve been doing it on your own this whole time. You got this ! Move out even if it’s to rent a room in a house or some motels or hotels can do month to month renting. Idk how much it’d be but give it a try :heart:

1 Like

I am very proud of you. May God Bless You and your child. Good luck.

1 Like

Shoot if you lived close I’d offer you a place to stay just so you can get on your feet

3 Likes