What should I do about my son?

My grandson was like this we found out his vitamin D was 9 an normal is 30 or more can cause depression . Prayers for him .

1 Like

He needs to seek some help from professionals, let your son know it’s ok to ask for help and it doesn’t make him weak or anything, just keep reassuring him of how much that he is loved and that your not angry with him about what ever it is that’s bothering him.

I think you need to talk to a therapist 1st and find information from an expert on your next action. He sounds depressed big time. Please hurry. I have had too many in my family battling this and they need help quickly.

Something is Obviously wrong!
It is Imperative that he needs to see someone!
He may not like it but he will thank you eventually.
You must do this!

My advice to you is search his room …his computer etc…reason for me saying this is …I knew someone whose child was doing strange thing…was also getting certain stuff from Amazon…long story short he was planning his death …he committed suicide with those things he ordered…plz take this silent thing very serious MUM.

You have my support and prayers! I would not want to have a teenager or young adult during these times! 15 is a tough age. I remember it as a crossroad for my children’s friends. The kids they went through elementary and middle school with. Some went toward drugs, some went goth/EMO, became sexually active. It’s just a tough time in life! You need to audit his social media, follow him on all sights. Some will say that’s too restrictive…. I pay for the cell phone, it’s a privilege. Find out what music he is listening to, talk to other parents, chances are their kids may know if he is being bullied. Help him find his path! Take him out and have that heart to heart! Act now, before it goes darker.

He definitely needs help… Does he have anyone in the family he’s close to talk too. Maybe he’s getting bullied in school. Try talking to him, get him counseling. Before he does something he can’t take back.

Find out if his behavior is only at home. Make an appointment to talk to all of his teachers and school counselor. Make an appointment with his pediatrician and make sure he’s physically okay. If he is fine in school and not at home than the problem is home. If he is exhibiting the same behavior the school will most likely give him a referral to speak to someone else. You can also get him professional help.

He sounds depressed. It is happening in abundance in teens lately…more than “normal”, I would have him talk to someone professional. All of my kids have had depression and anxiety. I wouldn’t wait.

It sounds like he’s depressed. He may not want to go to a doc but YOU are the parent. Try and see if there’s an activity going on near you guys that’s good for his age. Unless he wants to talk to a professional he won’t so trying to force him may make things much harder on you guys. I know cause I was forced at 17 to see one. She actually made my life worse and it was friends that got me through. The fact it’s been weeks I would be concerned. In the end you are the parent and have to make a choice for him.

This is depression and he needs help . It is not his fault but you need to get him some help before he gets worse . My heart hurts for your son. He may not even realize what depression is . It could be drugs , but get him help .

You need to investigate his friends, find out what is going on in school and also search his room when he is out. Look for drugs or any disturbing writings or drawings.
Take your info to a professional. They should be able to help you approach your son.
Don’t put it off…do it now. He sounds very depressed and who knows what he’s thinking.
Get him help.

Get him professional help immediately!

1 Like

When God designed the human body, he equipped it with sensors that would alert us to problems arising in specific areas of the body; we refer to those sensors as nerves, and the method employed to alert us is called pain. However, when there is a malfunction in the brain associated with cognitive functions, we don’t experience physical pain as an alert signal, but emotional trauma instead. Emotional trauma is revealed through depression, anxiety, temperament, and perpetual demeanors not customary of the individual. Just as we need to gain professional attention from doctors when we are experiencing pain, likewise we need to gain professional attention from doctors when experiencing mental trauma. It dose not appear from the description provided of your son’s actions, that he has the level of mental competence to make a rational decision, as to whether or not he should seek help from a professional; therefore, you will need to override his objection, and obtain the help he needs.

Maybe he is being bullied at school! Poor kid! I pray you find a way to get him to talk to you

Sounds like our daughter at 16. Depression. She got help from a professional n is just fine today. Don’t dismiss the thought of suicide. Please seek help sooner than later.

My son is 24 years old and still wants to be left alone, just pray for him he will be ok,medication though, don’t start him down that road

Behaviour not normal My feelings. Definitely needs professional assistance. :pray::pray::pray:

He needs help Talk to a doctor or a Professional he is struggling and needs help

He’s depressed. Has he taken the Covid vaccine? Assure him of your love and desire to help him. Let him know he can talk to you about anything. If you’re not in a good local, Bible believing church, find one and everyone go. Everyone needs to know that God loves them, He sent His Son, Jesus to die on a cross to pay for our sins so we can go to Heaven when we die. John 3:16. I will be praying for you and your son.

This sounds like depression …Has he had any problems with being bullied? If this came on suddenly, I would Check with his teachers to see if his behaviour is different in school. I would maybe check with his best friends to see if anything had happened …like bullying…praying that he will come out of this and will be fine.

Get him some professional help ASAP . Don’t give him an option at this point. And if he doesn’t want to , talk to his primary and hope that he gets picked up and sent for a mental evaluation. If you let him be and give him options mom, you will loose him. Mental illness is silent in some cases. Discipline is important. I had a son with similar ways.

He is suffering. Mental health issues can and sadly are life threatening especially in his age group. Take him to see a doctor. If he won’t go there are mobile crisis services that can come to you. Call right away don’t wait.

Get him help asap.
Anyway you can
School, doc, family.
Try talk first then action

Go to his school and speak to a few of his classmates perhaps you can get some information or clue about what might be wrong, mayb he was bullied in school, or falling in love with a girl and was rejected by her, or it might some guys in the hood bullying him. Anytime he is in the shower, grab his phone and scanned through some of his messages, you must get a clue as to what is wrong and promise him to always love him no matter what. Stay in his room and don’t leave him even if it will take much of your time, by the time you stay long in his room without leaving, he will get uncomfortable and maybe forced to speak out. If he’s got close cousins or family member try to reach out through them, never forget to put in mind sexual abuse as well, from teachers, friends or even family.
I wish you good luck.

why do parents always say my kid won’t do this or that? hmmm you are the parent what you say goes, not the child, and yes you have to force him/her to talk before that child does something bad. you make all the choices for your kids, they do not make them. and why is he not in school? oh let me guess he don’t want to go

Is he not going to school? Take him to the Dr tomorrow. Test him for drugs, talk to counselor, Find out from friends what has happen the last couple weeks. No more waiting. Time to act

You need to baker act him and get him the help he needs. Something is drastically wrong.

It sounds like he is depressed. Suicide is an ever-growing thing in today’s society. He does need to see a doctor and if he is 15, you should be able to force him to see a doctor. My son is 25, married and he and his wife lives with us. He just got out of the hospital yesterday because his wife and I basically had to force him to go. Please don’t take this lightly. I will pray for you and him.

Maybe he’s going through something at that age things that confusing you question yourself I think that he might be depressed I will make an appointment to see therapist and tell your son there whatever he speaks to the therapist it’s confidential

He needs professional help.

Something happened to him in his past…He’s still has fear from it… Only he Knows.

He’s depressed. Something is disturbing him. Take him to a counselor or perhaps a male mentor someone he trusts.

Push! Take him for a drive a few hrs away. He likes a specific music play it. Bring snacks. No need to leave the car. If that fails. Hug him. Don’t let go. Kiss him and he will either pull away and smile or get angry. Angry get to Dr. Smile. There’s your opening.

U need to get him some help very sad when they are in a bubble he needs to talk to a gp.

Sounds like he is depressed. Get him out of that room, out in the sunshine; take him for a long walk…talk to him. . Make sure he is eating a good diet, make sure he takes extra Vitamin D and B vitamins. He also could probably use some professional counseling. Something is troubling him.

You def should seek advice of professionals. Something has happened that has shaken him in some way. :pray::heart:

Get him in to a therapist or Psychiatrist immediately. When kids withdraw from everything that’s your sign he needs help

Go to the principal at school talk to his teacher’s etc etc.

Talk to him in confidence. Play good music. Make sure he is not eating just junk food or processed food. Provide fruit, healthy vegetables.

You know what he likes start with that tell him how sad you are seeing him like that start with that before thinking of professional, remember a stich in time saves nigh.

Praying for your son :pray:

Please reach out to him let him know you love him and are there to help him.

Drugs! When a teen changes in personality and attitude they could be experimenting with drugs. Hope all goes well.

You are the parent he is 15. Is he even going to school? You must be so worried but you need to seek help.

Don’t wait one more minute. Get him to a doctor now whether he wants to or not. Call emergency and they will see he gets medical attention.

Depression he could try to harm himself

Washington youth academy in Bremerton

Write him a letter, ask him to write you back, maybe he can put on paper what he can’t say looking at you.

1 Like

Kids need so much love and support today. Hard world for them💔
Mandy Rushing

Push him! Find out answers, find out what’s wrong before it’s too late. Something may have happened that is really hurting him and he thinks there’s nothing else that matters in this world. So please push him and find the answers

1 Like

You need to take him to see a physiatrist soon before it is too late

A doctor. He needs one. Asap.

Get him counseling please

Get him help NOW! He is in crisis. I mean NOW!

Take him to the Doctor. Something is happening.

Get him to a child therapist as soon as possible!!

Has something happened to him. Rape or drugs. Ask questions.

Take him to dr.right away.as of now.

Take him for a complete physical immediately. What are you thinking?

Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

He needs help asap professional!! Something must have happened to change him please get him some help sometimes they will talk to a stranger more than they will talk to mom

It sounds like this young man is depressed. Seek counsel maybe be needs to talk to somebody….but firs try talking to him about how he’s feeling.

Figure out something, intervention of some sort has to be made, it can not go on as it is now, choose, medical, religion, school, something must be done quickly to help. It is a powder keg

Depression… Or he’s about to become a serial killer. I’d get him counseling. And you follow their advice… No one here knows for sure what’s wrong to give you safe advice.

Your son needs help he may be battling his own demons, like sexual problems, someone may have hurt him, there are a lot ot possibly if you know thats not the normal get him help

He is very depressed. Get him to a Doctor.

Who goes on facebook to ask this sort of stuff?

I was similar when I was a teenager. I never really socialized with friends after school. I was severely depressed, instead of lashing out at people I withdrew into my head. At one point I created a whole world in my head. There was a point where I had a very hard time knowing what was real or not. I ended up being hospitalized for 2 years. Get him help now!

Get him an Xbox or ps4 it’s a safe way for him to make friends without leaving his comfort zone he will learn to become more talkative and have friends and it’s a virtual reality he can be himself and he can let off any steam he’s having. Also he’s 15 so this is a faze in his life he be like this. Also get him a bike if he doesn’t have one exercise can help with those moods he’s having. It’s ok for him at this age to be like this but open some options for him and ask him if he would like these items you can join a gaming community on facebook it can help him get to know how to use his console and it can help him make friends in the process. My husband also was just like this at his age but he turned to gaming and it actually helped him. Wish you the best for your son

Hopefully it’s not drugs

Talk talk talk. Ask question. Call for help. I thought my daughter would be ok…she took her life at 19.

Maybe something happened. Did he have a girlfriend maybe you didn’t know about and they broke up? Could be anything but definitely get him help

He needs help NOW!
He may have been assaulted, beaten, threatened and maybe even raped. Search his room for drugs, weapons, confiscate his devices to see if he is planning an assault on others. Talk to him
Get him professional help ASAP

1 Like

I have a granddaughter that went from fun and happy and social to actually staying in her room covered up with her cell phone only coming down stairs when it was time to eat or if we were going to the store or going out to eat. I was staying at the house with her while her parents were at Brown University for a parent’s weekend. When my daughter gone home I mentioned this to her and I said that I felt my granddaughter was having a lot of trouble and needed professional help that I felt she was very depressed… By the way my daughter and her husband both are doctors. The answer my daughter gave me was along the lines of oh my sister face she’s going through they all go through that when they enter high school she’ll be just fine… So I left it alone. Years later after several treatment centers and immense therapy etc etc my granddaughter seemed to be in a really good place so I mentioned this incident to her and and told her what her mother had said to me and asked if I was correct that she was depressed to the point where she did need help. Her answer was Nana you hit the nail on the head you were absolutely right and we left it at that. Did my daughter say anything to me about it oh no and why because I do not have an MD a PhD in ESQ or any other fancy initials after my name so therefore I don’t know anything. When I’m happy to say that my grandchild is doing really great we just got together yesterday for lunch and shopping and she’s in a very happy secure place and I am so happy.

3 Likes

Seek a proffesional help before you find him hanged on rope by himself .he is facing deppresion

Don’t wait for help. Go now!

You are still the parent and can make him go to dr. However, prayer is powerful and if you believe, pray against depression or bullying. Might talk to school counselor and get insight. Check with teachers if they notice anything. Get on his social media and look for clues. Talk to his friends. Be an investigator

1 Like

Punctuation matters!