What should I do about the way my family treats me?

No way I would be paying for anything for a grown person that has no respect for me! They wouldn’t have to worry about talking to me cuz they would not have a phone any longer that I pay! SMH FAMILY is sometimes worse than your worst enemy!

2 Likes

Don’t talk to them figure out what you want and need for your family
When they want something they will call and you will be busy
Plan things with your husband and children
have your husband take you to store
You should be able to figure it out
Don’t rely on them only yourself

2 Likes

Take care of your kids and yourself don’t worry about them their just using you !!!

2 Likes

Stop doing things for them. Stop paying their phone bills. Stop paying their car insurance and stop venmo’ing them money. Let them know you’re not going to do it starting immediately because you need that money to pay for Uber.

4 Likes

Say NO! This is on you. Just say NO! People will treat you how you allow them to treat you and you have laid down and LET them walk all over you.

2 Likes

Look up narcissistic personality…
Sounds like what you are dealing with.
If you can leave then do so.
It won’t get better

Stop paying their car insurance and their phone bills

2 Likes

Quit paying their bills and pay for an Uber to do what you need.

2 Likes

Stop helping them at all.

1 Like

Stop helping them if they can’t help you.

Oh wow. Sorry your being treated this way. But you need to stop!! Stop paying their way and punt them to the curb. They need to grow up and sweety, your not helping by always doing stuff for them. Your not a built in babysitter. Time to put your foot down and yourself first. Good luck darling.

1 Like

Stop letting them run over you. Stop babysitting and paying for phone and insurance. Don’t give them any money. What you allow people to do to you is what you get. They are not good people. You shouldn’t want them around your children.

2 Likes

Make them responsible for their own debts. Change phone to their name, cancel Car Insurance, tell your sister to put her daughter into childcare or pay you, catch an Uber to go shopping it’s cheaper than what you’re doing now.
Explain to your Husband that he needs to be home on the days you shop so you can go alone for a bit of “me time”.
It’s time for the family (loose term) to stand on their own feet.
If you become unwell everyone misses out and that’s not fair on your IMMEDIATE family.
YOU ARE IMPORTANT

4 Likes

Stop doing anything for them. Make her pay for daycare. Stop paying insurance and phones. And stop sending them cash. They work- handle their own BS.

2 Likes

Stop being a doormat

Family will hurt you quicker than a stranger!! Cut them off stop paying insurance and phone, stop watching the child, stop put them on the back burner for awhile, take a taxi, they can only do to you what you allow!! Stand your ground may not be easy but neither is what your dealing with!!! You’ll find you have less stress, you’ll have more money and you won’t have leaches on your back!! I know it’s your mom but she shows no respect for you and is willing to use and take advantage of you mom’s shouldn’t act like this!!

1 Like

Did you get training to be a doormat or does it come naturally? Stop helping them and you and your husband work out your needs.

You would be better off calling an Uber or cab when you need a ride and stop giving to them so that you have the money to do that. If that isn’t enough money, explain to your husband that you need a. little extra to use public transportation and if you still can’t afford it find a small part time job that you can do from home. You don’t need their abuse and if that is who they are and they are family , shame on them.

1 Like

Stop paying their bills and being convenient for them. Tell your sister you can no longer babysit and she will soon realize that you are of more value than she thinks!

4 Likes

Girl I would say leave them be done do shit for them then they will realise how much you actually do for them that’s a shit situation

Look just focus on you and your babies. And pay for some one else to take you. They will have to learn to do it on their own.

1 Like

What the what?
1 cancel the phone that’s on your account
2 cancel the car insurance you’re paying for
3 delete vemo
4 move…far away and tell no one where you are
5 change your phone number
6 go to therapy and fix your people pleasing
7 create a new extended family with people who actually care about you
8 live happily ever after

2 Likes

sometimes i wish mom and sister could see this and respond because i have a strong feeling there’s 2 sides to this story!!! i just find it hard to believe that u are paying for both ur mom and sisters phone bills car insurance and also ur babysitting ur niece/nephew for 40 hrs a week for completely free and they don’t give u any money towards those bills… also i feel like u don’t really have the right to call urself a single mother when u clearly have someone who if financially supporting u and ur children and ur mother and sister too sooo clearly ur not doing it all alone like A LOT of true single mothers and just because it may FEEL like u don’t have much help physically it’s not right to say ur a single mother and not credit ur husband for workin all that time to support ur sister and mother

2 Likes

First off if they work and you don’t why are you paying their bills? It sounds like you have a heart of gold and they are doing nothing but taking advantage of you. Stop doing anything for them and watch them change.

5 Likes

By the sound of it you have no family left. Real family members would not treat you that way. You give and they take and the one time you ask for anything YOU’RE selfish? No. Sometimes blood is not thicker than water. Your husband has little opportunity to do much because he works so much but at least he’s providing for you and the kids financially. He nor you are responsible for anyone else’s finances but your own. Cut those so called family members benefits off and see how fast they change their tune. You should kick them two to the curb, save or manage your money to be able to afford grocery delivery and/or a cab/Uber/ride share to get your food and to appointments. Please do not allow yourself and family to be emotionally, physically and financially drained by those leeches.

1 Like

Stop paying their bills and use that money to get an Uber or try to figure out something with your partners work schedule. Never hurt yourself or your kids to financially help someone else, your kids and yourself should be FIRST. I don’t care if they’re family DONT let anyone walk all over you!!!

2 Likes

Stop helping them. They are toxic. My mum did that crap to me and i cut her out as much as it hurts it was the best move i made.

Nah cut them roots…your better off without. I’ve done it and living my best life

1 Like

Stop paying the bills and stop watching their kids

1 Like

Stop doing everything for them cancel the phone cancel their insurance your not their parent.
If your husband wants to do it your better letting him do it and walking away

2 Likes

Stop paying their phone bill and Insurance
That is so mean of them to not drive you to Dr appt or store.
You are a good person. Don’t let them bring you down.

1 Like

Stop helping them. Start with not babysitting for your sister. She will really realize what a help that was and if she doesn’t pay you to watch her child then she shouldn’t complain about ever giving you a ride! Stop giving them money and paying their bills, take care of yourself and your child. They aren’t talking to you anyway when you are so giving so it won’t matter. Just because they are family doesn’t mean you should put up with being treated that way. You can have groceries delivered to you so you really don’t need them for that if they want to behave that way. An UBER can take you to your doctor appointments. Take care of you!!!

6 Likes

No more help$$$ no more ins or phone

Do you know how much your sister would have to pay for a baby sitter, at least $100. A week Maybe more, let her get a paid sitter, then she might be a little nicer…

1 Like

No more help. No phone No insurance. No groceries.

It’s supposed to be you help me, and I’ll help you.

But karma is a bi ch.

2 Likes

Cut that negativity. End all payments, do not answer or respond to them, simply just walk away. Use all the money you’ll now have for a taxi :v:t2: it sometimes hurts even now but I promise over time it hurts so so much less then it ever did having them around making you feel this way. Respect yourself and your children to only fill your lives with good people. Good luck

4 Likes

They won’t talk to you? You shouldn’t be talking to them!!! Cut them off financially. Immediately. There is absolutely no reason for you to pay for any of their stuff. Family doesn’t mean they get to take advantage of you. Take the $ you save by not supporting them and get a cab/uber for your rides.

Get a mental health caseworker and they should be able to help you with rides and stop paying their bills and providing free childcare. If they just wanna use you and never help you out then you’re better off doing everything on your own with a different support system.

Snip, snip, they are clearly taking advantage of your good heart. You aren’t their parents you have your own family to take care of. Don’t compromise you for “family” that clearly only think of themselves. They have shown their true colors

Why do you support them so much when they do not seem to support you? It sounds like a one way street. I would say quit being available for them all the time. Say no! It’s a hard thing to learn sometimes, especially when you love them. Unfortunately, they are displaying inappropriate behavior and when you support that behavior it will continue to happen. I am sorry you are going through this. I have had to cut people out of my life and it is not easy at all.

Stop paying all their bills immediately. Turn off the phone, cancel the insurance. Save the money to pay for Uber/ taxi drivers. There are grocery delivery services. You can have most things delivered for free. Your family sounds toxic. It’ll hurt at first, but you and your child will be better off.

1 Like

Don’t do anything, enjoy your free time to yourself and tell your dude to step tf up and get you where you need to go. Your enabling ppl to treat you this way by not setting boundaries and being available for thier financial issues. Just stop. There will be a shift, and uncomfortable but it will become easier in time. Let them handle thier own obligations and you deal with yours. Your an adult and can’t be expecting anything from anyone. Your dude should be shutting this all down…why is he letting you pay for thier shit?

Stop!!! Worry about you and the kids!

1 Like

Time to cut the toxicity out! You and your kids are more important than helping them when they couldn’t even be bothered to help you.

Cancel their phones and insurance. Boom.

2 Likes

Nope cut those ties quick. You are taking from you and your family. Not fair to you or them. Stop paying their bills, they are adults and should be ashamed for doing that to you and your family. You give and give to them they are the ones being selfish.

1 Like

Sounds unreasonable. Stop paying for their stuff. They don’t want to help you fine you don’t need them. Probably better off without their rides. Save the money you pay they’re stuff with and get grocery delivery, use Uber or taxi it would probably even out or be cheaper…

1 Like

Why are you doing this?

Stop paying for so much.

Get them off your cell plan.

Don’t keep your sister’s child.

You’d have enough money to take an Uber to your appointments and shopping.

Stop being a doormat.

5 Likes

Stop enabling them let the get help else where. Maybe then they will appreciate you

1 Like

Wouldnt it be cheaper if you got a Taxi

Stop helping them make them pay their bills

Kick them to the curb,they are using you I know what it’s like ,life is better without them you will find resources and support when ur at your lowest ,find a way without them n let them rot!!!

Stop doing for them and start doing fun yourself… Uber… Door dash… Whatever it takes

Until you STOP they will never realize how much you do/did !!!
Focus on life, for you & kids !!!
Download Uber or Lyft app /guaranteed -u will save $$$ & if they come around fine -if not :woman_shrugging:t2:
Best wishes :heart::pray:t3:

Tell them you are gunna have to hire someone to come help you out 1 or 2 times a week and that’s gunna cost you money :moneybag: so you won’t be able to pay for thier phone bill & car insurance anymore because you have to cut cost, :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Well your child’s father probably literally does nothing but work because it sounds like he’s not only supporting you and his kids but he’s also supporting his sister in law and her kid and his mother in law with the amount of money you say you put out on them regularly when it sounds like they’re very capable of supporting themselves so how about you cut their money supply off so he doesn’t have to work as much and he can help at home more

4 Likes

Cut off all bill-paying,find someone to babysit for who actually pays you,stop sending money,and you’ll be able to use Uber.Also there are grocery delivery services. Save what you can.You won’t believe how much their narcissistic butts were costing you.Phone $80/mo.estimated,car insurance $100 estimated to feeding extra child $100 estimated,borrowed money $200 estimated. Make $100 week babysitting for someone else.That alone is $880/mo. Estimated.Cut them out!!Also,not having to buy mom and sister ,half their groceries,$200 a month!And get your husband to help with kids in his days off,you deserve a break and they’re his kids too .

2 Likes

No more help. They can get along ok. Your name is not Jesus. Been there myself

They can’t give you a ride when you do all that stuff for them…that is beyond unacceptable cut the money and the help off…If they can be bothered to help you then don’t help them anymore

1 Like

Kick them off your bills they r grown adults

1 Like

Stop helping them. Cut them off.

2 Likes

Get phone therapy to find out why you want to be a martyr. Then stop it. You’re better than that. Your mom & sis can take care of themselves. Be cordial but stop engaging with them when all they want is to get something from you.

Stop trying to buy your mom & sis’ affections. Family is a circle of friends who love you. Find people who do love you vs. blood relatives who couldn’t care less and who are bankrupting you to boot. Stop paying any of their expenses. They’re grown-ass people who should be responsible for themselves.

Make new friends in the neighborhood, at the playground, at story time at the library, in online neighborhood groups like NextDoor or local mom’s groups (see if people on here live near you, for example). Engage with lonely old people and retirees who can watch the kids during the day, trustworthy teens who will babysit, other moms & families who can give you the occasional ride, spell you, bring soup when you’re sick, share a glass of wine after the kids go to bed. Take semi-homemade cookies & a note to houses of neighbors who look like they could be your friends (again, unless they are really far away). Would your vision be OK enough to ride a bike? You & child get helmets and bring bubs in a ride-behind trailer.

Are you in a semi-rural area with no buses, cabs or Uber/Lyft? Check with your insurance about rides to & from the doctor, taxi vouchers, or other benefits. If you attend religious services, the congregation might be able to help you with rides, babysitting, general help or just company. If nothing else, someone affiliated with the religious institution of your choice will at least pray for you.

You are too kind-hearted and people take advantage of you

1 Like

The fact that they’re saying you’re selfish for asking for a little help after you pay those bills is telling in itself. I would stop paying those things until they can stop being the selfish ones.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but you should never leave u n special your kids short to help someone else need family or not but that should be NO and you should stop helping them straight away coz they can’t even help you or your kids no that wrong I’m not saying cut them out your life just stop helping them coz they are taking advances off you

Cut the cash off, call a cab or someone you can pay for a trip to the dr. and to get groceries. So what if they are upset with you, they will get over it, or not. Your husband shouldn’t have to work to pay all that and you give up the free babysitting.

1 Like

As for the constantly working husband, write him letters expressing your feelings, what you’d like to have happen, and any ideas for making it a reality.

Stop!!! Just stop!!! You should not even have to ask with all you do. They should be offering to help you. Cut that stuff out. They sound like a bunch of lazy selfish teenagers. They are not your problem to worry about. No family is better than toxic family.

3 Likes

Quit doing for them. No phone, no baby sitter, because you now need that money for a cab or Uber. And don’t give them anything especially money. Get them off your accounts. Let them get a better understanding of give and take. Especially the give part

3 Likes

Well you can stop enabling their behavior to begin with. You can stand up for yourself and your kids. You have to take care of yourself and your kids not them. Cut the phone off and insurance and make her pay for day care and just stop the BS. You already know what you need to do. If you continue letting them do this to you then blame yourself and don’t ask for advice cause it be your own fault. Your grown so act like it. They already treat you this and don’t care so why should you. Just because it’s family don’t mean nothing these days. Seriously look at what they are doing to you smh.

They will let you help them for ever let then

learn how to live on what the earn.

Stop EVERYTHING! find a good friend! Your family is selfish and entitled! Turn the phones off ! Stop giving them money ext…

4 Likes

Stop paying for all their things and call yourself an Uber or a Lyft

4 Likes

I would suspended their phone lines… They will need you before you need them!

1 Like

Stop it!!! All of it… cut them off the phone bill, Stop paying car insurance. Your the sister/daughter NOT there personal financial service! They can’t help you with all you say you do for them… then you should not do anything for them and let the sister pay for child care! Plain and simple

1 Like

First of all, definitely stop helping them. Stop paying for anything. Use the money you save (which seems like it should be a lot tbh) to pay for Uber rides whenever you need to go somewhere.

But also, as for the Dr appts, if any of them are on campus at a major hospital or a facility that is affiliated with one, definitely talk to a social worker there, because they may be able to arrange for transportation for you. Sometimes its a shuttle, or a care-oriented ride share service like Uber Health (link at the bottom), or gas cards if you have someone (a friend or community member) who can drive you but money is tight, etc. Social workers are a wonderful resource, and I always encourage disabled folks to see the social worker at their local hospital and see what resources/help may be available to them!

This is what Uber Health is - basically, your medical facility would be booking the ride for you, and paying for it, so you wouldn’t have to worry about anything but getting in the car. Idk if your facility offers it, but there are multiple different services like it, and chances are they offer one of them, and you may qualify if they deem it enough of a hardship for you/your kids to get to your appts. So it might be worth looking into. Good luck! :heart: Uber Health: How It Works For Riders & Drivers | Ridester.com

3 Likes

Quit helping them. You are enabling their behavior.

2 Likes

Stop helping and cut there insurance and phones off and tell them that you can’t financially do it any more and that they need to stand on there own 2 feet

You’re not wrong about anything except “their dad works all the time so I might as well be a single parent”… if you were a single parent you’d be doing everything you are now PLUS working 40+ a week… so no that’s not fair plus it’s insulting.

Aside from that, you are enabling buttholes, don’t let them run over you

1 Like

Stop the paying for stuff. They take advantage of you. Call for a ride get a Bua you sent need someone’s junk.

1 Like

Just because there family doesn’t mean you should pay their bills. Stop doing for them. Find a friend you can relay on and friendship. You and the kids shouldn’t have to struggle supporting them when u need help.

Stop helping and paying them to treat u like crap and use that money for the help u do need like Lyft or Uber for ur rides

1 Like

Cut them off. Don’t help them anymore

Bloody hell stop doing things for other people who don’t appreciate it and who wouldn’t do the same for you. Do you really want be a doormat all your life?

2 Likes

Cut them phones off see how fast their attitudes change

3 Likes

LET THEM not talk to you. Remove them from your accounts, it is NOT your job to financially hurt yourself and your children for your family who CLEARLY would not do the same for you if they could. They are taking advantage of you and using your feelings and vulnerability to manipulate you. Join local single mom groups, find friends and support. And ditch the dead weight, FAMILY does not do this to you. FAMILY is not always blood, and blood is not always family.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s a blessing they aren’t talking to You need to have some time away. you. You are being taken advantage of by everyone. Your husband needs to cut some hours. So he can help his wife. You need to only pay your own bills. Not for sister or mom. If you babysit your niece. They need to give you something in return. Why can’t you drive? If your nervous. Go see someone for help. Get public transportation. Pray for your family. But put your self first.

1 Like

Consider yourself lucky you found out who these people really are. Choose your family and stop enabling their bad behavior. They are taking advantage of you.

1 Like

Walk away! Yes it’ll be hard but in the long run you’ll be better off!

2 Likes

STop doing it an dont pay , LOOK AFTER YOURSELF AN THEY WILL BECOME RESPONSIBLE FOR THERE OWN DEBT , ANif you keep allowing it , it wont stop …Dont loose sleep over family if they are meant to be in your life they stay , otherwise move on … GOOD LUCK //:thinking::kissing_heart::rose:

6 Likes

Quit letting them take advantage of you

5 Likes

Cut them off. Ingrates… Good riddance they’re taking advantage of you. Also, think of having your groceries delivered, I know most stores offer that now. The money you save by not paying their bills will more than make up for small fee. As far as Dr appt. Sadly get an Uber or maybe ask a friend. Sometimes friends are more willing to help than family. All the best to you

2 Likes

I’m sorry they only see you as someone they can use and abuse. Create a family of your own to live.

2 Likes

I would tell them that their extra money will not be coming anymore, because it will be going to pay for your uber rides. The drivers will be properful thankful to you for the money.

3 Likes

Stop being a door mat!

1 Like

I would have a hard time caring for your niece so your sister can work when she wouldn’t speak to me.

3 Likes

STOP paying, babysitting, They are totally taking advantage of you. Uber to the Dr. Have groceries delivered. Take them off your accounts. Talk to hubby about being around more because you need him and miss him.

3 Likes

Cut them off. Stop paying for their stuff. Stop keeping your sister’s kid. Use the money you save to take a lyft or Uber to get things done. They are toxic AF and you don’t need that in your life.

3 Likes

Stop doing anything for them. Your responsibility is you, your kids and man. Period. They will use you as long as you continue to LET them

5 Likes