What should I do with my friend?

I have a friend I met about 5 years ago during high school and about two years into our friendship I got pregnant and had a baby. Even before my pregnancy, my friend who we’ll call Sarah, had some instances that didn’t quite add up regarding her own pregnancy journey. She was very clearly overly interested in having a baby even when we were still in high school. Anyways after I had my baby it was like she became obsessed. Ever since then about every two to five months she’ll come to me claiming to be pregnant but never have any positive tests to show or ultrasounds, just what looks like announcement pictures. I’ll go along with it when she tells me, but then a couple days later we’ll be video chatting and I’ll see her drinking hard liquor and vaping 50 nic and I just don’t say anything. Then she’ll come to me shortly after announcing the “pregnancy” that she’s “miscarried” but her timelines won’t add up. She’ll tell me some ridiculous number like shes sixteen weeks pregnant, but will have told me a month prior she had a miscarriage which isn’t possible. For some reason this going on as long as it has, has started to upset me and I just don’t really know what to do at this point when she inevitably tells me she’s expecting yet again…

22 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What should I do with my friend? - Mamas Uncut

Don’t ever leave your child with her without you around… sounds like she might be a little crazy.

15 Likes

Remove yourself from the situation and look after you and your family.

1 Like

Lot of jealousy there and envy.

Sounds like she wants your life…your kid… Cut her tf off

3 Likes

Stop talking to the crazy ass lady simple as that cut her out of your life before she does something crazy

:running_man::running_man: Cut her off something going on with her

1 Like

I knew a girl like that around the time
I got out of school . Always lying about being pregnant , and have miscarriages. She was a big attention seeker . I told her off and confronted her about her lies . Then I cut her off and haven’t spoke to her in ten years .

I’d cut her out my life she seems to just want attention but id not trust her around your babt be careful she doesn’t steal your pics and pass them off as her own

I’ve had 10 miscarriages it’s not something anyone should ever lie about

10 Likes

I knew someone just like that trust me cut off ties with that person

Sounds like a few people I know… attention seeking at the best

Sounds like the beginning of a lifetime or hallmark movie.

8 Likes

Keep her away from your child.

8 Likes

Sounds weird. As you grow, you’ll realize you ain’t got time for that. She’s obviously jealous and not stable.

Let’s call her your ex friend now lol keep yourself and your family safe. Real friends don’t lie

3 Likes

I know a girl like that has literally done it like 100 times everytime she gets a new boyfriend she says she’s pregnant and then says she had a miscarriage like a week or so later. At this point I’d probably have a heart attack if she actually had a baby.

2 Likes

I would have to cut her off. idk why she’s lying but it sounds very heavy to hear.

2 Likes

Maybe you shouldn’t judge . Maybe she really miscarried . I had few

2 Likes

She needs therapy and you are not a therapist. This is extreme, and I’d excuse myself from her life and leave her a few numbers for shrinks on my way out.

4 Likes

Um…exfriend Sarah…before this turns into an episode of forensic files or first 48

16 Likes

I would keep her away from your child and any future children you have. That’s just weird and creepy. She needs some therapy.

9 Likes

As upsetting as it is for any individual trying to have a baby or unfortunately cannot have babies. I understand that first hand. And appreciate and love my 3 humans and 2 miscarriages.
Maybe, just maybe there’s something more to it… Not sinister, but maybe she’s had traumatic experiences in her life or has a mental health condition. Not an excuse, just something that needs to be worked on. Phlyschologist or therapy.

I’ve had a super close friend do similar to this, it’s all she wanted. One was a phantom baby unfortunately and the rest were fake. We were teens, I grew up in a house with wack experiences and a mother with half treated mental health, so when she felt like it or wasn’t on drugs. I learnt young sometimes, individuals cope differently to others. As unrational as it is at times.
I’m no longer friends with this friend, but know they haven’t had kids and not even sure if they identified this problem as a teen or adult.

Have you ever tried speaking to your friend about this concern and offered to assist and support them in gaining understanding as to why they do this and to work on not doing it in the future.

5 Likes

She clearly has something going on mentally. Advise her to get some help

1 Like

I would say something and see her reaction. Or even better, don’t say anything. And the next time she announces help her schedule a dr appointment and offer to go with. If/when you catch her in the lie ask her what her motive was, honestly I couldn’t handle this person as a friend but maybe getting caught up in her story will put a stop to it

6 Likes

Just talk to her. She has something going on mentally maybe. She may just really wants a kid. No harm in that. But as a friend, just talk to her.

1 Like

Save yourself. End the friendship. She needs mental help. She has the worst type of mental issue, because she doesn’t realize her elevator doesn’t go all the way up.

5 Likes

She clearly has some issues she needs to be in therapy for. Does she lie to you about other things or only this? If about other things too, probably time to cut ties as friends. If only lies about pregnancies though, what is the real damage to your friendship other than it is annoying? She obviously needs a friend. Have you ever confronted her about how things never add up? You and her should talk about that and see if after the friendship can be saved. A true friend lets you call them on their bullshit. Tell her all the reasons why it bothers you. We are all fucked up in our own little ways and often just need a good friend to help guide us. Maybe you are the friend who can get her to see a therapist. What do you know about her life and how she grew up? Was it a loving home? Or was it not and she is possibly just trying to find that love she missed out on? We often give up on people too easily because we don’t understand their battles.

There’s a mental condition for this. It’s a wonder she hasn’t stolen online ultrasounds to pass off as her own like my cousins mom who had her tubes tied after having my cousins. She claimed to be doing IVF but also had health conditions. With one baby she tried to pass off when I was pregnant with what looked t be faked ultrasound pics she was naming the baby Adan. My husband and I joked about Nada. She was due before my baby but I went and had my baby but she didn’t. Many years and fake pregnancies later my cousin visited me and told me she does it all the time, fake pregnancies because her husband wanted a baby as he had none. I wouldn’t judge her as I really think it’s a mental health issue. Take care.

After reading everybody’s comments I would say stay her friend maybe she needs you just keep an eye on her sometimes people need other people you don’t always have to turn your back

2 Likes

It sounds as though she definitely has some mental health issues going on here.
Advise her to speak to a doctor.
Continue a loose friendship, but be cautious.

1 Like

I feel sorry for her. She sounds desperate so I’m thinking she’s not lying…its desperation or wishful thinking. Maybe her period is a day late and she convinces herself that this time she is really pregnant . When her period starts she says miscarriage
As her friend…be kind and supportive. Dont call her out unless it looks like she wants to talk. Ask her if she wants you to attend drs appointments with her as you feel its happening too often and she may need medical intervention .
Is she a danger to your child…personally I dont think so tbh but only you know what she’s like around your little one . I hope one day she gets the baby she is desperate to have

3 Likes

Oh there are definitely toys in the attic with your friend.

3 Likes

Ignore it or end the friendship. People like that are attention seeking and psychotic.

1 Like

Everyone is Saying ignore her drop her ect ect…Has anyone stopped to think maybe she has something mentally going on or maybe she truly did miscarry before and its mentally getting to her or maybe she cant get pregnant and in her reality shes really trying to convince herself she is pregnant…Just saying…I would talk to her and say look whats going on I feel you aren’t being truthful…Stop judging we dont know her issues…

Lifetime Movie… either call her out, Stop talking or ignore it.

My cousin does this. 3 dates for miscarriages that she’s never had. That I know for a fact cause I was around her on those dates and she was drinking heavily and smoking. Even told me she didn’t want kids. She like the attention it gets her. Along with lying about surgery’s she “needs” or being injured at work/can’t work. There’s always a new gofund me posted on her Facebook. Currently she’s engaged to the guy she told everybody raped her 4 years ago. She’s currently trying for a baby- but not with her boyfriend, he’s been in jail for the last month and a half and has 2 more months. Trying with w.e guy she can rn. She honestly needs therapy, and a lot of it. But she won’t do it. She still also uses my fathers death for attention/sympathy always posting pictures at his grave and how she misses him and he was like a father to her. When he died 14 years ago and he hadn’t been in state for Atleast 3 years before he died., only seeking her maybe once. Still looking for any benefit that will be offered to gold star families that’s usually only for parents, spouses or kids. She feels entitled to those benefits because that’s how she was taught by her mother. I got blocked for mentioning any of these issues. She still expects to have access to my kids tho. Which no thanks.

confront her about it and see how that goes or just end the friendship and walk away, let her find someone else to entertain her “pregnancies”

RUNNNNNN !!! That friendship is not for you !

I’d cut her off. Regardless if it’s a mental thing, she’s toxic.

My ex’s ex did this constantly and actually claims to have custody of a kid because the mom supposedly had terminal cancer but I didn’t believe it one bit. I haven’t been in contact with anyone in a year so I don’t know what really happened with that but she did it through high school and stole people’s ultrasounds and pictures of kids