What should I do?

He needs counseling with a real counselor, NOT a church or pastor. He may have some brain damage from loss of oxygen too.

2 Likes

Praying for him and you. Praying he gets relief of this burden. Maybe a preacher or priest or to sit in Church and confess to God, and let his tears flow for relief and forgiveness. He sounds scared that he is still not forgiven. But if he has felt this pain for so long, he has felt bad long enough and am sure God, has forgiven him.

1 Like

Have him checked - then you will know how to deal with it.

1 Like

Never will understand why people believe that their God will punish them.

7 Likes

Yes ,check him for dementia and covid vaccine effects the mind and heart and lungs and also the kidneys. But the sickness had the same effects. My Mother had it . She is 72 as well and she now has a heart and lung defect. Have him tested for COPD or asthma. God bless. :pray::pray:

7 Likes

Icu delirium. Itā€™s a thing

4 Likes

No offence but did he think he was going to live forever because he read the bible? Does he think that all people who have medical problems are sinners? He has probably had dementia for years and it now is worse. Medical problems can speed up the process. He probably did something he is not proud of in his past and it seems recent to him.

5 Likes

Those on ventilators and in ICUā€™s can have issues like you describe which are similiar to ptsd. Itā€™s very common and takes time to get over it. My husband experienced this.

7 Likes

Follow through with the d mentia diagnosis. Also check for a small stroke
Read the Bible about forgiveness. God forgave him many times over years ago Have his plaster do the same. Tell her n you have done the same
The illness may have triggered many of these problems Godā€™s blessings. You will get through this. Stay strong

3 Likes

Forgiveness not behaviors

Sorry but God doesnā€™t punish His children. I would definitely get him checked and into therapy.

3 Likes

How long did he come off the vent?how long was he one the vent?my husband was on a vent for 8 daysā€¦.when he came off he was super confusedā€¦.so much so I demanded a brain CTā€¦.he got better around day tenā€¦.was he in a medical induced comaā€¦.they med they use to keep u out is fetanylā€¦ā€¦(yes the drug everyone on the street is overdosing on)ā€¦.he also may be having detox symptoms and not even know it(my husband was)ā€¦.

2 Likes

So what youā€™re saying is he committed statutory rape but thought he was absolved because he sings and goes to church?

Yesā€¦itā€™s called ICU Psychosis and can last sometimes 2 or 3 weeks afterwards.

9 Likes

I was reading covid is messing with people mentally. Idk if that is why he is on the ventilator. My husband and my dad were both extremely nasty and mean after they got over covid for about a solid month.

COVID Brainā€¦ It is real and effects some people simular to Dementia.

2 Likes

Just reassure him that if he asked and believes scripture says he will be forgiven. Make sure he forgives himself first. If you PM me your name, Iā€™ll gladly add your husband to me and my prayer groups morning prayer list.

7 Likes

Please remind him the Bible says there is only one thing that is unforgivableā€¦if he know the Bible he will know when to read.

2 Likes

Okay so I was raised to always believe that the only sin that would be considered an unpardonable sin was one you felt absolutely no remorse for and werenā€™t repentant of it that being said I always believed in a God of love so donā€™t stress yourself in the small stuff

1 Like

Odin will punish you.

1 Like

I thought the only unforgettable sin, is to deny God or not to believe in God. Not to worship him. Not to Live my Godā€™s words.

8 Likes

Sedation affects the elderly differently. It can take several weeks to fully lose the effects of it. My elderly patients that have sedation for short periods can take weeks to recover. Being sedated and on the vent can take even longer. Give him time.

10 Likes

UTI also affects elderly differently? If he had catheter that is possible.

4 Likes

I had done something when I was younger. I kept asking God to forgive me. God told me He had forgiven me but I had to forgive myself. Let your husband know God has forgiven him now he has to forgive himself

9 Likes

I was in a coma in 2019 after giving birth. I was in hospital from July 11th until 20th. I think it has something to do with the coma bc all I do is cry and Iā€™m always sad and I donā€™t know why bc I thank God every day for keeping me here for my babies

6 Likes

He should read about Job again. He did nothing wrong, Satan wanted to see if Heā€™d still praise Jesus in a time of extreme hurt and pain. Sometimes God letā€™s Satan Knock us down to humble us again. As long as he has repented and turned from his ways God will forgive him. Sounds like he hasnā€™t forgiven himself. He needs to really truly give it to God. God wants to heal his heart. Because we serve a Kind, Loving, Understanding, Forgiving God :heart:

Remind him if he asked for forgiveness heā€™s forgiven. He clearly is just having a hard time forgiving himself. :sleepy:

3 Likes

Maybe read 2nd Corinthians 5:17. Iā€™m sure there are other versus that would be better but I like this one to

It will depend on his religion. If Catholic have a priest visit and let him do the sacrament of reconciliation
. If not then contact your pastor and have them come and talk and minister to him. I really think in this case you will need a man of God to come and talk to him to let him know that God has forgiven him.

6 Likes

God doesnā€™t punish us. Satan does by making things difficult. God didnā€™t do this to him. I hope he can understand that. God didnā€™t create us to cause us any type of pain. Just pray for calmness and peace of mind for both of you. God will help calm him. He may have dementia. I would get him checked.

You need to reassure him that Jesus died so that he may be forgiven :pray:he is loved and cared for by our Heavenly Fatherā€‹:heart:

4 Likes

Everyone I know who had Covid, if itā€™s related, is extremely depressed now

4 Likes

Remind him that God is already forgiven him

1 Like

Religion is separate from character. Plenty of good Christian men are horrible people. He is an offender, I would have no mercy for that. I am sorry youā€™re going through this but I would never be able to look at my s/o again if this happened to me. Heā€™s been hiding behind a bible and no amount of praying will fix that.

5 Likes

The comments are NOT IT, the whole issue with these churches is the lack of victim support and protection.

3 Likes

Covid has made people in their later years sicker after they come off the ventilator. He may feel like heā€™s going to die and thinks because of that he isnā€™t going to accepted by his savior. Just reassure him that his god forgives him.

We all fall short ALL of us and Jesus is just to forgive us. He tells us to forgive our brother 7x77 times a day he is forgiven and has been for a long time the evil one is putting this in his head. Do not let your faith out weight your fear.

2 Likes

Read the Bible together. Remind him that he is forgiven.

Have him checked. Dementia patients can be delusional. My uncle swore he worked as a miner in a coal mine. 5 brothers and 1 sister knew differently, as they all lived in the same small town all their lives and seen and heard from each other, frequently. If anyone would knowā€¦ my father, was his oldest brother. My father tried to tell my uncle, he never worked in any coal mine and there are coal mines in the State they lived in. ( My father had been around him all his life. He was a few yrs younger than my dad). Later, my uncle was diagnosed with dementia.
My husband has had dementia for 8 yrs. He was only suppose to live 3-5 yrs. His mind was suppose to be faded away long before now. He is doing fairly well. It affects everyone differently.

With so many meds they fed him ā€¦things like this might pop up now and then.