What should I do?

It’s his Mother that is keeping him away a 5 year old loves everybody I would. Get a nice gift together and go around there and give it to him personally

2 Likes

Well I would talk to the mother. I’m sure at 5 yrs old he misses all of you. To at least try to find out why.

1 Like

If he doesn’t want 2 come. .u can’t force him or he’ll resent u guys…2nd does he not have a name or do u just always call him… …THE kid. ?it’s kinda rude if u ask me

If your husband doesn’t want to
Pursue it, leave it alone. It’s not your place to get involved unless you see evidence of Abuse. It’s too bad he is missing the relationship with the step siblings

5 Likes

Ring and ask to speak to him

1 Like

Stay in your lane. Preserving little kids is never okay. They will only end up resenting you for pushing or forcing. Let it work its self out on its own! In the mean time do simple small stuff. Nothing huge!!! Phone call bi-weekly is good to say hi we are thinking about you and love you. Cards can be sent! Birthday cards and all holiday cards should be sent!!! Small gestures of kindness with no expectation!!!

2 Likes

I love that you care. My daughter stopped speaking to her dad because of his new wife. Please don’t give up and let him know that you care. Also, tell your husband to stop being a jerk to his 5 year old.

7 Likes

The child is 5 not 15 and shouldn’t be having so called choice. This is the other parents choice not the childs. 9f the child isbsating its his choice i dont think it is, i think the other parent is using the child. His father should realize this. And I’m disappointed the father isn’t fighting to see his child who is only 5.

8 Likes

I get that being a stepmom can be a roller coaster of emotions. I am also a stepmother and I’ve been in my stepdaughters life since she was 1. She is 12 now. Her bio mother lost custody and visitation rights when she was 2. I’ve been raising her, as my own, since then. She calls me mom. I’ve been a mom to her for 10 years. On Friday, we got a court petition in the mail from her bio mom saying she wants to get her. After 10 years of not having any kind of relationship with her, she wants to.
It sucks because we see these children as our own and love them as such, but we are constantly reminded they are not our children. It’s a tough position and you have to wear your heart on your sleeve

2 Likes

Being a step mom is hard I am one. I have 2 kids of my own and 2 step kids and 1 together. The relationship the kids build when being together is something that is irreplaceable. My kids are 16 14 14 11 8 they love each othe. But the one of them does not like to be at our house so her mom lets her stay home her choice which I think she should be made to come

l get paid over $197 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18234 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingworking126.pages.dev/

You need to respect the sons wishes and his decisions if his mother and father are handling it. But I don’t think there is anything wrong with you reaching out to the son on occasion and telling him you miss him and you’re thinking about him and that you’re here for him.

6 Likes

Five year olds don’t get to decide. The dad should be exercising his parental rights.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t want to come either with you calling him “the kid”

3 Likes

Id just ask the mother if theres been any issues youre unaware of thats happened and if theres any reason shes keeping him away. Talk to the mother first and see. Good to get on a one on one basis first before going to the child directly. You already consulted your partner and he dont care. You do, so contact the mother. If shes rude and doesnt cooperate look for abuse and go from there.

At age 5, the child is old enough to understand separation and to feel anxious about going. That doesn’t necessarily mean he doesn’t want to come, he’s just reaching the age where it feels awkward to him to leave his mom. It’s like playing favorites. His dad needs to reach out to him and tell him that he misses his son.

2 Likes

There probably was an incident that was incredibly minor and hurt his feelings, mom could’ve fed off of it. The other kids could’ve been mean once-over something super small. Or maybe something was taken out of context. Either way, he’s 5? Dad needs to step up and enforce visitation. A 5 year old can’t make those decisions, nor should the 5 year old be allowed to make those decisions yet. (Unless there was something REALLY wrong, like a pervy uncle or neighbor)

3 Likes

Always keep showing you care. Sometimes kids go through ups and downs it could be a phase.
He should be encouraged to visit though.

1 Like

He’s old enough to have a say leave it alone period. My step bros started not wanting to. Old enough to choose you just can’t sorry.

Kudos to you that’s awesome… I’d speak up to his Mom & explain how you miss him & like to see him. Hope it gets worked out.

2 Likes

Just call him sometimes if you miss him so much. Just be very aware of what you say to him and absolutely do not guilt trip him with how much you miss him to try and get him to come over