What should I feed my child after having their tonsils removed?

What did you feed your littles after they had their tonsils removed? Looking for anything besides pudding. She despises it for some reason.

3 Likes

My son loved popsicles, yogurt slurry ( we would freeze it to almost frozen and then mix it up), room temp broth, jello and mashed potatoes with gravy. We made homemade electrolyte popsicles for the first few days. Very important to keep up on the pain meds and water to prevent the area from drying to keep the bleeding at bay. Good luck

They suggest soft, liquid and cold/cool/rom temp. My son wanted grilled cheese and Mac and cheese right after his were out. Had such a bad melt down when half his sandwich hit the floor a nurse came running in. Once she realized he was hungry (tonsils were so large that it made eating difficult and was 25lbs at 3 years old) she gave me a new ticket to go get him another one.

Ice cream, jello, mashed potatoes, yogurt, anything soft and creamy and cool…

I personally couldn’t handle cold stuff when mine was removed. I did warm chicken noodle soup, and within a day and a half, I had absolutely no more pain and was eating a regular diet.

My son had salt and vinegar chips …saying that he really didn’t suffer till about day 6 post op and he was in alot pain.

Mashed potatoes, applesauce, eggs, jello, popsicles, ice cream. My daughter ate Ramen and Mac and cheese too. Avoid anything crunchy

Following.
Waiting for call back to get my son’s tonsillectomy scheduled

Juice. Popsicle. Runny yogurt. Anything cold and creamy and soft. Jello Ice cream

Anything soft. Applesauce, jello, soup broth, baby food, smoothies etc. You want to try to avoid dairy products like yogurt and ice cream because of the way it costs your throat.