What should I get my childs father for Father's Day if he isn't involved?

Long story short, my child’s dad isn’t invoked in our lives really at all unless it’s convenient for him ( seen her maybe 5 Time since Christmas and 3 of those times he was so messed up I told him to leave) he doesn’t call and talk to her nothing. She actually doesn’t even call him dad never has referred to him by his name and will tell you she does not have a dad. I’ve always made the point though to get him something every year, but in the last year, he’s just been not involved at all. And I really don’t want to waste money on something expensive.

21 Likes

I give what he gives, nothing!

2 Likes

If he’s not involved why even get anything? Just leave it be. Did he get you anything for mother’s day? Probably not.

4 Likes

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: why would u even think of getting him anything ? :clown_face:

5 Likes

Until he starts acting like a father wouldn’t recognize him on Father’s Day!

2 Likes

Nothing!!! What does he get YOU for MOTHER’S day???

2 Likes

I wouldn’t bother getting him anything.

1 Like

You shouldn’t be buying him anything if he is not involved. He doesn’t deserve something just because he made a baby. It takes a whole lot more to be a father.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t bother. Anyone can make a baby but it takes a real man to be a father.

1 Like

A picture… so he can remember he has a daughter and needs to tighten himself up.

9 Likes

Offer her paper and markers to make a card?

Nothing, get yourself something instead?
But if you feel the need to maybe just a card or have her color him a picture.

3 Likes

Seriously? Why waste time on a deadbeat. Your poor daughter deserves better

Nothing
Also it’s just a Hallmark holiday anyway

NOTHING!!
Only good fathers deserve to be celebrated on Father’s Day!!!
A child should never have to wonder if their father loves them.
He should be ashamed of himself not given a gift!
And if he asks why, I’d tell him exactly how I feel!

Nothing. A man not involved with his kid doesn’t even deserve a happy Father’s Day.
Your child even says she doesn’t have a dad. At that point it’s not even worth the littlest of efforts at all.

1 Like

Daddy’s get Father’s Day gifts, not sperm donors

2 Likes

Nothing. Not your responsibility.

Just have your daughter make him a card and put a picture of her in it…other than that you shouldn’t waste your money. Hell, by yourself something for Father’s Day since you’re pulling both roles :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t get him anything :woman_shrugging:t2:

If he was involved and a good father go all out. If he isn’t there and doesn’t care then F him.

Nothing, just ignore the holiday.

I’d leave it up to her. You sound like you’re doing a great job thus far.

1 Like

Tell her she can make him a card IF she wants but other then that nothing.

Nothing my dad was never involved my mom gets a Father’s Day card since she played both roles in the household

Ask your daughter what she wants to do? If she is old enough obviously. Maybe she doesn’t want to get him anything? Or maybe she does and I bet she has an idea. Good luck!

1 Like

He is not your Father. You don’t need to get him anything.

Honestly if I were you I wouldn’t be teaching my daughter to give anything to a man that doesn’t give her love and respect back. It will only set her up in the future to long for acceptance and relationships she can’t have. I say that because I had an absent parent and it hurt me for far longer than I ever expected as an adult. It doesn’t make you a bad mom to cut him off from that celebration if he doesn’t deserve it. Is she close with your parents? Maybe make it a papa day and do something nice for your dad…or Google other creative ways to celebrate father’s day in a healthy way for those kids who have absent father’s. Maybe volunteer, help make baskets for dads oversees, etc. :slight_smile: It wouldn’t hurt if she wants to, to make him a card but I would include it with the other activities instead of focusing specifically on him because maybe it hurts her to feel like she wants his attention and love but doesn’t get it. Tread lightly :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Don’t get him anything. And get out of both your lives

Seriously? How about you take your daughter out for ice cream or something. I wouldn’t waste a dime or a moment of thought for that deadbeat.

1 Like

Never reward shitty behavior. Put a set amount of money in a savings account for your child each Father’s Day. Hand it to her at 18.

Does he do something for mothers day??? …ask your daughters input. Too

I’m getting my daughters dad exactly what he has always gotten me for Mother’s Day: a nice text message that says “happy Father’s Day” :roll_eyes:

Dont get him a damn thing and dont even acknowledge Father’s Day.

The same effort he put in for mother’s day. 🤷

1 Like

A business card for counseling

1 Like

Fathers get fathers day gifts. He isn’t being one.

1 Like

Why waste money on someone who chooses not to be in her life? Take your daughter out to lunch on Father’s day with that money. He doesn’t deserve anything.

1 Like

A card from your daughter- homemade if she will do it and some photos from the past year. At least you will know you tried…

1 Like

Get her to make him a card at home.

Don’t get him shit I wouldn’t he isn’t even involved and doesn’t act like a father why get him anything for Father’s day? Father’s day is for Father’s

Nope. He has refused his weekend with her which is Father’s Day so nope. If he would have taken her I would got some paint and let do sott

If he’s not being a dad why would you get him anything? You didn’t mention your daughters age but her opinion matters. From what you wrote it doesn’t sound like she feels he’s a dad either.

Um - nothing!! Same story with my “dad” - I never got him anything for anything :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just send a card from the dollar store and a pic of your baby being really happy without him.

6 Likes

Homemade card done by your daughter. Ask her what she wants to tell her dad and write it down. You can print out stuff, she can color, glue, or draw.

1 Like

a father’s day card and a receipt for diapers :woozy_face: (example)

3 Likes

I’m wondering why the hell you would even think about getting him anything at all? Are you crazy?! Hell no. Father’s day is for FATHERS! not sometimes when it’s convenient assholes that are better off gone!

Do they sell “jack shit” where you are?

Stop. Don’t get him anything

or just get him nothing

A swift kick in the ASS!!!

Uhm don’t get him anything

I’m in a similar situation. I use to have my child make a card if she wanted to and I’d send it out. Maybe asked her if she would like to make a gift for him for father’s day

Listen to your daughter, if she says she doesn’t have a dad that’s very telling. Why even bother spending time or money on him. Kids are very blunt and straight forward she feels that way for a reason.

3 Likes

A card with termination of rights paper work

6 Likes

I never got the father anything unless my boys wanted to do something. He never cared, I’m not going to do it just because it’s a day with a label. It’s supposed to be a day of celebrating the great dad that they are. Pppffffftttt!!! I’m not a good liar.

2 Likes

Get yourself something cause your her mom and her dad

5 Likes

If your child isn’t asking don’t bother

1 Like

No harm in sending a card I guess… if she wanted to afterall he is her father? Good on you for not being bitter and letting her decide about her dad for herself Xx

2 Likes

Does he get you anything for Mothers’s Day?

A father raises a child and is there for their child financially, emotionally, and physically. If he is not doing those things, he doesn’t really count as one. Biological doesn’t always mean something. Especially if your daughter doesn’t acknowledge him, I would just say forget about it. Best of luck, Mama! :heart:

1 Like

Have her just make him a card if she wants. But i wouldnt go out and buy anything

3 Likes

Lol I feel like this is such a silly question. Why even worry about it at all?

3 Likes

Don’t waste your money

A card at the dollar tree

1 Like

He doesn’t deserve anything for father’s day if he’s not being a father. The most I would do is have your kid make a little card out of construction paper but I also would force her to do it. Ask her if she wants to.

Nothing i feel not involved then why get something

Her most recent picture, write her age and name on the back. … you know so he remembers what she looks like. Then make a point to so something special with her that day, when she gets older she’ll remember the fun she had with you & not that she didn’t have a dad to celebrate with

13 Likes

First off good for you!! I have gotten my kids father some prints I sent to walgreens of pictures a couple of frames from the dollar store. And wrapped them up. You should be proud of yourself. Honestly!

Really stupid question

4 Likes

I’d get him a whole lot of nothing. Or maybe papers for him to give up his rights.

3 Likes

Why are you getting him anything?

1 Like

Don’t get him anything unless it’s a handmade gift (like a painted picture) and only if she wants to give him something!

get her to make. him visitation coupons. and put in envelope maybe. that will get his. attention

2 Likes

Same thing he got you for Mother’s Day lol
Somehow I bet that’s nothing

4 Likes

I would take her to the dollar store to let her pick something out. If she doesn’t wanna get him anything, he doesn’t get anything. :woman_shrugging:

A card with her picture, age and the year. Maybe a picture she drew IF she feels like drawing one.

2 Likes

Sounds like a sperm donor I wouldnt get him shit hes definitely not a father so why treat him like he is?

…if he’s not involved he’s not a father

2 Likes

A picture of child if that

:fu::fu::fu: one of these it’s free

5 Likes

Nothing at all. I’m sorry, but you would be stupid to get him even a $1 card at dollar tree…

1 Like

Even if you guys were on good terms I think it’s weird getting each other gifts like that for each other unless the child specifically asks on their own and even then it would be more of a homemade gift the child makes.

Nothing. Your the mother and the father :woman_shrugging: treat yourself

6 Likes

If he decides to see her have her draw him a picture or make a card. If he doesn’t contact I wouldn’t do anything

1 Like

Don’t buy him shit!!! Good grief. He’s not involved, he could give a rats ass about you and his kid, he doesn’t buy you or her anything from what it sounds like, so you can get him papers to sign his rights over. F*** him. I personally wouldn’t buy him anything if he don’t give a shit especially if your child claims to not have a daddy. Save your money for your kid.

And what exactly did he get you for mother’s day …?

3 Likes

A big pile of shit bet he didn’t get u shit for Mother’s Day

I’m in the same boat. Got him a coffee mug last year w our sons picture. But this year I’m in a f*** it mood and won’t be getting him anything. He never gets me anything for Mother’s Day or even tells me happy Mother’s Day.

1 Like

If your daughter doesn’t call him dad or speak to him why are you trying to get him a gift/card for father’s day? That day is meant for fathers not deadbeats.

3 Likes

These can not be real questions from real people

4 Likes

Nothing. Doesn’t sound like he’s much of a father so I wouldn’t stress getting him anything.

Why would you waste money on him at all???

Get what he got you for Mother’s Day in blue…:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

While its commendable to try and be the better person you can’t force someone to be a father. I learned that the hard way with my 14 year old daughter’s biological father. I would no longer make the effort. If he cant be a stable, sober part of your child’s life, you are ultimately the responsible one and forcing it will only hurt your child in the long run. Cut your losses and if he wants to see your child, make sure its supervised and court documented. They have visitation centers available for just that

1 Like

He’s just a sperm donor.

Ur daughter said she dont have a dad. . . :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: dont waste ur time, energy, or money!!!

2 Likes

Why would you think to get him something? Especially if he isn’t around. You owe him nothing. He doesn’t deserve a damn thing.

Don’t bother. At her age HE should come to BE with her. If intoxicated with any drug…she should NOT go out with him. Only a visit at your house. Stop playing "Make believe . It’s unhealthy for your daughters mental health.

1 Like

A card with minutes on it so he can call his damn kid.