What should I pack in my hospital bag?

Ideas on what to pack in hospital bag for baby #2, I way over packed with my first but I do not wanna under pack either because I know the hospital provides a lot!

4 Likes

2 pairs of loose, comfy clothes
Thick socks
Larger undies
Baby going home outfit (& socks)
Throw blanket
Bathroom necessities
Fav snacks
Chargers
Cash

Pack for daddy too!

1 Like

Long Charger, slippers, robe, outfit for you and baby.

If wanting minimal that’s it really. I packed a whole duffel bag because I want more comforts like snacks, nursing bra, stuff for hubby, more than one baby outfit nb and 0-3, a delivery gown, etc

The things you packed last time that you used. Lol

1 Like

Charger cord, you and baby an outfit that’s really all you need

For baby: a few outfits, mittens, swaddles. They’ll provide diapers & wipes for baby.
You & SO: comfy clothes, toothbrush/toothpaste, stuff to take a shower (travel size if you want) slippers or comfy socks, charger, chapstick, snacks, maybe a pillow & blanket (the hospitals is not comfortable), if you have a Boppy & some sort of pillow I suggest bringing it. It helped me feed my baby cus I had a c section, bra, maybe a towel if you don’t wanna use theirs.

Chargers, chap stick, pillow, breast pads, 2 changes of really comfy clothes at least. Robe if you have one. Favorite snacks.

Socks socks socks I soooo regretted not having my own :sob:

What ever you pack…. Don’t forget your hair brush …. Yes that was me last time

Empty diaper bag to take all the baby stuff they bring to your room lol. Something comfy for you to wear home, comfy undies if you decided you dont want to use the hospital mesh ones (though I suggest you take some of those with you and their giant pads with you). boppy pillow for nursing, pillows you both prefer to sleep with, chargers with long cords, snacks, couple outfits for the baby. One for take home outfit and one incase baby poops all over that one lol. Face wipes, deodorant. Car seat (they made me show them the car seat before I could leave).

Phone charger, slippers, bathrobe, paper and pen, snacks, outfits fir the baby

1 Like

A list I made with my 3 pregnant friends, should have everything you need :rofl: definitely some xtras on there

2 Likes

Lounge clothes, slippers, phone charger, shower supplies and adult diapers :ok_hand:

1 Like

What did you pack the first time?? Should be the same

1 Like

Comfy clothes, pads, secret discreet panties helped with having a c section. Extension cord and charger. Going home clothes for you and baby. Snacks and drinks!! Slippers. Don’t overpack cause it’s just more crap to unpack when you get home lol

1 Like

Same thing you packed for the first one

1 Like

An empty bag to stock up on everything you can from the hospital lol. Mesh undies, pads, nursing pads, nipple cream, diapers, wipes, formula, receiving blankets and burp clothes. Hospital receiving blankets and burp cloths are my favorites lol.

A cooler with snacks and drinks. We put that and all our stuff into a wagon so my husband could bring everything in and out more easily.

Pretty much eveything you’d bring to be comfortable on a trip. Pack an extra long phone cord if you have one. Make sure your going home outfit is comfy for you.

1 Like

Pack light you are there only a few days.
Idk what hospital you are going to but both times when I had my babies the hospital provide shampoo and conditioner a tooth brush and tooth paste.
I made sure I had my chargers for my phone and iPad. iPad to watch movies, my clothes and snacks. I brought one outfit for the babies to go home in they provide ones for your time there.
Fyi your insurance pays for everything they put in the room so take it with you.

Cell phone charger, snacks, body pillow

Your own soaps and shampoo, a comfortable pillow, robe, charger, hairbrush, they will provide diapers and wipes and stuff like that, maybe bring snacks, a fan is a must have too if you like to sleep with one

Phone chargers, toiletries, Boppy pillow

Your own warm non slip socks and slippers and a robe!!

Chap stick. Comfy outfit. Phone charger. Outfit and carseat for baby. EVERYTHING else is an extra.

Brianna Champ Emry heres some ideas

1 Like

A house coat , your own pillow and blanket , water bottle , LIP CHAP trust me you’re going to want that lol

Phone charger, tablet if you have one, your own comfy clothes for after labor etc. No one likes those hospital gowns. Hair ties. A heating pad. I had back contractions along with regular contractions so a heating pad would’ve been amazing!

If you want your baby to have a dodie bring one.

Hair brush, hair tie, lip balm, phone charger, tablet charger if you have a tablet, your own pillow, snacks my hospital had a designated snack room, but the food sucked like the Frosted Flakes were wheat like what? I’ve never seen those lol. Shampoo and conditioner. That’s all I can think of

Chap stick, slippers, pacifier if you plan on using one, real baby wipes (the ones the have there are usually really crappy), brush, dry shampoo, phone charger with long cord

Your own toiletries, phone charger, book or tablet. Comfy socks.

Depends. Adult diapers. Sounds crazy but more comfortable than the pads the hospital uses. And less leaking and just Toss when need to change.

3 Likes

Nipple shield so if you have nursing issues you aren’t bleeding and raw by the time you leave the hospital.

I’m sure you know the essentials (toiletry items, charger, comfy clothes etc)… but there are things that are 100% garunteed to keep you more content.
First, bring adult diapers. Poise, depends, doesn’t matter. The mesh panties SUCK and pads shift.
Second, good snacks. Bring what you love. After the marathon of labor and delivery your body will be exhausted and famished. If you think you’ve packed too much, pack more.
Lastly, pack a few sets of comfy, loose fitting, two piece pj sets. Make sure the shirts button down the front for easy nursing. A good robe and rubber sole slippers are a good idea too.