What should my fiance do about not being able to see his child?

That is what court is for… if he wants to be a father, he can go to court and make that happen.

He should be saving proof of every demand for money and every attempt he’s made to see his kid.

2 Likes

Easily handled with an attorney…custody & support hearing or mediation to work out support and visitation

2 Likes

first of all, he should be paying child support for his child, If not, then yes he is a deadbeat dad, But if he wants to see his child, which he has a right to, he needs to go to court & get those rights done, but then he will also have to pay child support & maybe back child support also,

6 Likes

Take the mom to court

2 Likes

Simple gather up all the defamatory things she’s said and gather your texts and conversations about her denying him to see his child and get a lawyer take her to court. An if you can prove she is unfit to have the child bc of the emotional an mental abuse she has been inflicting on the child and you are given custody be sure to take her for child support.

3 Likes

Sounds like we need to know more details to give the best advice. My best advice is leave the situation alone until you know more.

2 Likes

If he’s not on the birth certificate- he needs to go establish paternity through the courts and then take her to court for custody. Just so he can gain visitation.

If he has it in text/writing on why she won’t allow him to see her definitely give it to the attorney

1 Like

Um, that’s what court and lawyers are for obviously. He has rights lol

1 Like

Tell him to go to court. They’ll do a paternity test and hopefully he gains some rights. All you can do is be there for him and support him. Make sure he FIGHTS and doesn’t let up!

go to court. the she has no choice.

That’s what child support court is for.

Yes thats what the courts are for to help w thst stuff.
question is…
Is he paying child support?
Via handing cash or through courts?(if handing over cash they should be signing a paper stating so…how much date and time if need be…better yet just pay through court)
How long have yall been together?
How long has it been since he saw her?

Is he paying child support ,he can go to family court for court order visitation.and if she still don’t let him see her she is in contempt of court and can go to jail and lose custody

1 Like

Go to court. As long as he’s a good guy, they won’t stop him from having rights

1 Like

You sure he’s not just saying that? He should def have a court order or be taking legal actions not just saying she won’t allow him

3 Likes

Simple Take her to court.

4 Likes

Father need to call the court to establish paternity, and be given rights. He shouldn’t pay a dime until then. He’ll be ordered to pay support and be granted visitation. If she denies visits he takes her back to court and she can held in contempt

He needs to go to the court where the child resides and file for Visitation and ask for the standard visitation guidelines.
And that’s it. Don’t bring up anything else, let the mom do that part since she’s the one who created all the other drama.
Just stick to filing for visitation and let the rest be on her. Goodluck!

Go to court! What the heck?

2 Likes

Go through the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) and file for visitation/child support. They will set everything up, schedule mandatory meetings for them both and then they will need to follow court orders for all of this. It will keep things simple and straightforward and both parties will be held accountable for their actions. 100% FREE! Definitely utilise this resource! He will pay child support regularly and she will have to provide visitation.

1 Like

Go to court.
If he’s not willing to get a lawyer & get his rights granted in court, then unfortunately that single mother holds all rights until he does.

2 Likes

I would encourage him to seek out visitation through the courts if you guys are in a good place. I wish my father would have done it for me. I didn’t know him till I was 27 and only because I wanted to know. We never formed a bond

He can take her to court. If they don’t already have an order in place he files for dna test and gets custody established.

1 Like

Court. I hate when the new woman acts like dad has no options. Court. File. Fight. Get visitation set up.

6 Likes

The ONLY answer is
He needs to go to court… If he finds excuses not to… He’s likely the problem and you dont know the full story.
He needs to step up… Not his girlfriend who was not privy to all the information…

4 Likes

So why is the going through the courts?

2 Likes

He will have to go to court. We were in this situation for 7 years. The Biomom told stepson her other baby daddy was his father and kept moving/ changing her contact info. Took us 4 different lawyers and I think 6 judges before we finally got custody again. Just remember reunification does happen if it takes a long time. Hopefully not as long as our case tho!!

2 Likes

You can’t care more than the parent. If he hasn’t filed for custody and done what it takes to provide for and see his child, you might as well sit down.

3 Likes

My sons real dad says I keep him from him. That’s the furthest thing from the truth, he keeps himself from him & has never done a thing to try to see him. You sure you’re getting the full story

6 Likes

Take her to court for visitation and he’ll pay child support and if she still doesnt let him see the child she’ll go to jail, and he’ll get full custody.

Go to court.
You do that by contacting the attorney general.
Google, attorney general in your zip code.
:two_hearts:

1 Like

Whether he sees the child or not, he should still pay child support. Go back to court and set up a visitation schedule. You should stay out of it, it’s his child.

2 Likes

He should of gone to court the first threat. Especially now

2 Likes

Court he has rights and can fight it so that when she saids no he can involve the cops and she herself can be arrested for not following a court order

He needs to go to court and gather as much evidence as possible to prove her malice. Text messages, Facebook posts, witness statements/letters,

1 Like

Go to court if he has anything in his phone like a nasty text from her print it out it will help

1 Like

Do you guys know something named a COURT ?

3 Likes

Court. It amazing me how many people and this same questions and are so scared to go to court. :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

You have no choice but to go to court. Hiring an attorney is best but I know this is expensive AF so if that’s not an option you can file yourself or try to find someone owing probono hours. I can help you file, i do charge a fee for the service but it’s much less than an attorney because I’m only a paralegal so obviously I am more limited on what I can do for you than an attorney.

Also, document EVERYTHING. Every related social media post, phone call, text message. If other people tell u stuff she has said try n get proof of this (like if she sent it in social media or a text try to attain a screen shot etc).
Log every single attempt he makes to contact her and to see his child. Keep evidence of every cent she asks for and for what as well as ever y cent he pays and what it’s for. You seriously can’t have too much evidence. If it’s not admissible you can throw it out later but it’s so much better than not having enough.

1 Like

It’s time for court mediation. It’s his responsibility, If he actually wants to see his child, he would petition the court. Have you talked to the mom?? That could be an eye opening conversation.

2 Likes

If he’s on the birth certificate, he has every right. Not enough info on this story, but he should be documenting all the child support he pays if not already required to by the courts. If need be sue for a paternity test, the courts will at least see his willingness to be in his child’s life. Don’t stop fighting for your right, be do so in a civil manner, shouting and arguing will not help his case.
Doubtful it would work, but maybe the two of them can sit down and work it out, because it’s not about them.

Have him go to juvenile court and get a court date set up for him to see the judge. It cost nothing but a little bit of time

Seek the advice of a lawyer

Best thing is to go to court and him fight for his child. My sons bio dad saw our son 2/3 times when he was a baby. Blamed me for him not being a father. My son is almost 20 and thought about reaching out to him so I messaged my ex and even nearly 20 years later he still blames me for not being involved. I tried everything I could when my son was a baby now my sons completely against contacting his bio dad because he knows he would jsut lie lie lie to him. If your husband wants to see his child he needs to fight for his child.

1 Like

How do we all forget about the courts? Get a lawyer, and get visitation…

You want to see your child then you take her to court.

Time to head to court for custody/visitation rights get a lawyer. Different than child support (not :100: sure on this statement so check)

2 Likes

I’d be wondering what he did that made her act that way.

2 Likes

That sounds really shady. Is he 100% sure he’s the child’s father? Because it sounds like she’s just using him and he may not even be tbe father. I would start with court and a DNA test. All he needs is her address and phone number for family court and a day to go there and fill out the forms.n

1 Like

I paid for my fiance to go to court. We got an attorney and he has visitation now. That’s when she was 2. She is 17 now. It gets easier once people stop being petty

2 Likes

There isn’t anything he can do if there is no court order to see the child if he’s not on the birth certificate he has to go get a DNA test to prove that he’s the dad.  save every information that you have about her bribing with money or whatever have your shit together and go to court. 

Has he taken her to court? If no, why not?

1 Like

It’s nothing YOU can do but the FATHER can take her a** to court. IF the mother is doing stuff like this that will most definitely cause mental harm to the child, he could probably get full custody.

2 Likes

Courts aren’t as good as u think but dad’s do have rights is there any risks why she’s doing this I have to as he isnt allowed any unsupervised contact and he won’t be civil he is very nasty toxic I am the civil I offer him contact out the court order he isnt intreasted I think its the courts in your situation good luck

Seek a lawyer for good advice,then go from there.

Are you two crazy? Go to court and get an order against her. No judge in their right mind will allow this

3 Likes

Go to court and get a paternity test done and establish his parental rights

Did you hear her say that. Or is this all his statements about what happened… bc I know many deadbeats that act like they want something to do with the kid when they get a new gf :roll_eyes::unamused:

8 Likes

He can take her to court.

Just let it go until the child is 18 then they can make their own decisions whether they want to be in your s/o life

My boyfriends ex moved cross state she will be 18 in two years we haven’t seen her in 10 years due to visitation always being on her time and she had to come with there is a court order but with gas prices the way they are neither one of them want to make the drive so he’s leaving it up to her once she’s 18 if she wants to move back here or stay out there and not have a relationship with her dad & siblings they are going back to court at the end of the month though

Have him file in court for visitation asap.

Why is this even a question…unless there is some reason why you can’t, why is he not exercising his rights and taking her ridiculous ass to court???

He should be paying child support and getting visitation. Otherwise something is wrong with this picture. Red flag?

4 Likes

Time to go to court. They will do a paternity test first especially since she is saying she’s not his child, then go from there.

1 Like

Yeahh that’s so WRONG, get a lawyer asap and ask for a DNA test to make sure so that the mother has no way of denying he is the father. I’d be going for 50/50 if it is possible. Damn I wish my daughter’s dad cared to be in her life!

Go to court for visitation rights. If he’s paying child support the he gets to see the child wether she likes it or not

3 Likes

Wait. Because he’s African American :rofl::woman_facepalming:t3: omg . She slept with him she can’t be to against " African American men " :face_with_raised_eyebrow: have him get Lawyer .
Good luck to him hopefully he sees her soon

1 Like

File for court ordered visitation

Take her to court and get visitation ordered

Take it to court if that’s what he wants

Planting a seed is one thing, doing the gardening is a whole commitment. If you can’t committ to the seed, don’t plant one. Too many planters. Not enough gardeners.!!

3 Likes

Like everyone else is saying the courts will be his best answer.

Is he paying child support?

2 Likes

Sounds like he’s not taking care of his kid and she’s fed up. I might be wrong but I doubt it’s racially motivated since she literally had a kid with him

3 Likes

Oh Hell no. Your fiancé needs to take her to court. They’ll handle it.

You can’t really get involved :woman_shrugging:
He should contact an attorney or family court, maybe DCS about telling people he is dead

1 Like

Lawyer now. The longer he waits the harder it will be. Play hardball. The mom has already set the tone by claiming he’s dead. It will be an ugly but if he wants to be part of his child’s life he’s going to have to legally fight for it. Document EVERYTHING. Every. Single. Thing. As his partner offer him support but you need to stay out of it.

1st he should know and have some rights. But also he should be paying support…takes money to raise a kid…school, medical bills,insurance…etc.

There’s more to it than what you’ve been told.

If he really wanted to see his child, he would have gone to court by now and they made a visitation which he would have been granted unless he’s a violent felon.

5 Likes

Sounds like he has unresolved issues and he needs to get it resolved. I definitely would not be involved with him much less marry, if he is not paying any kind of child support. Remember what comes around goes around. He’ll do the same to you. I’d dump him.

Go to court. That’s what they are there for. If he wants it bad enough he will take the proper legal steps to see his child. Document and keep all texts where he asked to his child and was denied. Then take that to court.

Tell him to go to a lawyer and seek advice

Or go to social services

He needs to get a good custody lawyer and take her to court and have a court ordered custody agreement that way when she acts like that he can file contempt charges

Make a court app he should be paying and seeing the child

If he is supporting child then he needs to get an attorney and have his rights.

He…needs to feel for visitation And pay child support…

He needs to get an attorney. Get the child legitimized and get visitation.

Take her to court. It’s not cheap, but he’s entitled if he’s the biological father.