What size jeans would my teen wear?

Try a 2 or 4 juniors. Because I fit in kids and I’m a size 4

Bring her shopping and try them on. If not your going to be doing a lot of exchanges.

2 Likes

Size 28R in the old navy diva style.

Juniors size 7 or 9… but may have more luck not going Juniors and just reg ladies 6. Cut different.

1 Like

Take her measurements and go from there. That’s what I do for my 14 year old. I typically order from Rue21 and Old Navy. Both of those sites have size guides. They typically go by the waist measurement.

You could also give her a set budget and have a friend or family member take her shopping. That way she can try things on.

3 Likes

How do you grocery shop?

6 Likes

Measure her at home (hope and waist) thighs & most stores you buy from online have a measurement guide so just follow that and you will know what size to get

1 Like

I would send her to the store with a family member or friends

3 Likes

Women’s jean sizes are completely confusing because every brand fits me differently. I’m a size 0 but I’m short. A size 0 from Target is too big, but a size 0 from Hollister fits me perfect. However, if they’re short or regular they’re too big.

I have to try them on in the store. You should probably do that too and I get the anxiety, but you’re going to waste so much time and money ordering online.

3 Likes

Let her go with a friends mom who you trust.

1 Like

Or you just take your kid shopping…

1 Like

Take her measurements and check out Hollister’s. They were my daughters go to at that age. They were the only jeans that fit her perfectly in size and length. She still makes sure she keeps a few pairs at 24. Or get her a prepaid debit card and get a friend or family member to take her.

Girls size 18 is the same as womens medium

My daughter wears girls size 18 but they are getting tight now. We just took her Jean shopping and she wears a size 5/7 in womens.

1 Like

I was like you and my daughter also it sucks. I’d say probably a 13 14 long if she’s over 55 that’s what I would wear

Can someone else take her? The best way to get a good fit is to try them on.

2 Likes

Size wise I’m not super helpful BUT Arizona brand jeans from JCP are always my go to :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Go online and check the measurements on the juniors size 18 in the brands she currently wears then go in to match it up with the sizing in woman’s jeans from wherever you’re buying the new ones from? They all have a size tab once you pull the jeans up online on any website. If she’s an 18 juniors I’d say thats probably around a 14/16 in woman’s.

2 Likes

Honestly, jeans run different from different places. Maybe she could shop with someone else?

5 Likes

Every clothing supplier has different guidelines, best option would be to measure and weigh at home. When buying online most companies will have the specific measurements for their sizes. If they don’t, call them or send an email requesting details. Good luck.

2 Likes

She really should be going an trying them on. Don’t you have a family member who can take her out shopping and have her try on clothes. Also she’s at the age where she should be picking her clothes style out. Have someone take her out to try on jeans to find what fits her comfortable and feels comfortable to her as well as look.

6 Likes

Pick a brand and order a few sizes, return what doesn’t fit her and then order with the size that does

Amazon try before you buy if you have prime you can get Jean sizes and try them if they fit you can keep them if they don’t you can send them back

2 Likes

Measure her waist and inseam. Then look online at the size charts .

4 Likes

I think she’s probably my daughter’s size which is about that same size. I would go with sizes xl in adults. They are currently wearing size 16-18,in jeans

1 Like

Sadly with girls/ladies jeans they have to be tried on. Every place is different and it is extremely frustrating. Until you know for sure a size for the specific brand it is hard to buy them online.

4 Likes

Do the tick tick trick wrap the Jean around her neck and then measure them walla you got her perfect size

1 Like

You could buy her a gift card and let her shop with a friend.

8 Likes

I wear a 12 in juniors and can fit into the 18s at children’s place

Sounds like maybe an 8 or 12 in juniors but I definitely measure her. Jeans run so different it’s crazy. You can also do Amazon try before you buy and old navy has an option to create a virtual model to help you shop, it’s a huge help.

I would have someone else take her so she can try them on and pick her own since she is definitely old enough.

6 Likes

My daughter is the same and she’s in a 7

I’m sorry your anxiety stops you from using this time as, bonding time with your daughter. Anxiety sucks arse…
I think she needs to pick out her own jeans and trying them on. Maybe find someone you trust to take her, maybe even video chat them when she chooses an outfit etc.

Successful All thanks to you Mrs Olgusya platform sorry my testimony came late, Am so happy to be a part of your trading platform am forever grateful to you…since I started trading with you. Your platform haven’t failed me before Am so grateful for that​:pray::pray::pray:, May God continue to bless you and your family :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Take the poor kid shopping or find someone who can.

6 Likes

Women are never one size in jeans. Every brand is different and fits differently. She needs to unfortunately try on pants before purchase

7 Likes

I can wear 18 in girls I wear a 7 in juniors and a 6 in womens

According to this 18 is a 9 in juniors

3 Likes

Someone else needs to take her to a store to try pants on.

6 Likes

Aeropostale has the size chart an are true to size there’s a fit finder on most sites that you can put your weight an height to figure out what size you need

Children’s place sells 18 plus and 20’s

If not she’s likely a lady’s size 10. Measure her neck, multiply by two and you will have her legit waist size. Measure her inseam (top inner thigh )Find the jeans she likes online, look at the size chart and use her measurements and boom.

1 Like

I would do Amazon’s try before you buy in different juniors sizes. You just send back what you don’t want or doesn’t fit and then youre only charged for what you keep. Amazon’s returns are super easy.

1 Like

She would probably be a 7 if the 5s are too tight, my son is in 18-20 boys and wears men’s smalls but they don’t have a junior for boys.

Wait… LEI still makes jeans???

Measuring tape and when shopping a
Online looks for a measurement chart. There should be one as she is now wearing junior sizes. We have to do this for my daughter anytime we shop online as she is not of average height.

2 Likes

This is the stupidest thing I’ve read…are you smarter than a 5th grader… apparently not

For a looser fit 7-9juniors.

1 Like

Honestly the only way I could figure out my size of jeans is to try them on myself. Ik Amazon does something where you can buy clothes and try them on and if they don’t fit or you don’t like them you can send them back for a different size or something else. Idk what it’s called tho

3 Likes

I would measure her hips and waist to try to find the best fitting size with the brand you are wanting

Also if she goes out she can try the pants waist to neck trick

Buy a tape measure. Measure her. Then use the measurements according to which store you are buying from. Or better yet. Have a friend or loved one take the poor girl to a store and let her try them on. No two stores fit the same etc.

1 Like

Why not just give her the money so she can go buy some?
Or just, measure her

2 Likes

She really needs to go to a store and try clothes on. The size charts really only go so far…and each brand can vary a lot.
I can wear a size 13 in juniors from one brand and they fit well on both tummy and thighs and then in another brand need a TWENTY in women’s (Really insane discrepancy right?) Just to fit my thighs :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Let her get her own… I’m the type that doesn’t order a whole lot online. But especially pants. Everything can look so different on in person than online. Especially with different body types.

You really need to not pass your phobias on to your daughter. Couldn’t her Dad drive her to the store or you could and wait in the car? Take a friend who could go in with her.

2 Likes

I just saw this ad, and maybe it would be helpful to check them out (stitch fix): Redirecting...

She could be a 6 or 7

Literally EVERY brand & store is slightly different as far as sizes go, so measure her, & use the sizing charts on the websites you look at.

Go onto a clothing web site and look up her measurements they’ll tell you what size she needs

Every brand is different

Usally when you buy them online they give you the measurements, measure her legs and waist

A girl size 18/20 is likely XXL 15/17 in juniors and in women’s L/XL 10/12. Also do not feel bad about justifying your question. Your not body shaming. I have a 65 pound 5 year old. He’s my whole world and I too would of said something to justify how I see him or to prepare the trolls that would make fun. Your genuinely looking for help and that’s OK. Mama’s should uplift other mama’s. BTW I’m already having clothing issues with him bc he’s not tall he’s husky. And a 5 year old wearing a size 8 his pants are way to long!!! Your not alone.

My little girl wears a size 10/12 in kids and can wear a size 2/3 in women’s. Sometimes a size 1.