What to do about my man?

Why do you grown people pose these type of questions? The mere fact that you have doubts, is your instincts telling you that you ought to move on. My goodness!

1 Like

Shut up and go to sleep. You need to get up to go to work.

Sounds like he’s using you

just because you love him doesn’t mean he wants, needs or deserves your love- could he make that ANY clearer? ~

Try separation and see what happens

LOVE YOURSELF more than you love him.
This isn’t a healthy relationship nor the type of home that’s a good example for your child

3 Likes

Free Will. If your not happy leave. I’ve told my wife of 15 yrs of marriage.

3 Likes

Look inside yourself. A woman ALWAYS knows

You need to have some self respect!

Extend ur patience and love will bend everything

1 Like

He enjoyed the dudes in rehab

Maybe the pills have made him see reality and he’s just not that into you :woman_shrugging:t3:

You know what to do. Kick him to the curb.

I’ll be the bearer of the TRUTH Well he is out all the time with his friends he’s using as much as he possibly can, so when he gets home he’s coming down off the high and that’s why he doesn’t wanna bother with you, you are a fool totally a fool, He doesn’t have the balls to leave you and why would he want to , he has a place to come and vacation at; throw in a little bit of money and he’s in, by the way he’s getting his SEX on Elsewhere, and since you’ve been there since day one he couldn’t care less about you or the baby, He is taking you for granted, and probably because he knows you’ll never leave, choose wisely, respect yourself and most of all do it for the sake of the brand new baby ask yourself ‘ would I want my daughter to date a man like him that should tell you the whole truth

Is he on any antidepressants? Those can mess up your libido. Also how far out of rehab is he? Coming off opiates and or benzos takes a tole on your body and mental status for awhile.

6 Likes

When u have an addiction ur brain relies on that drug to produce the happy chemicals. When one quits the drugs, the brain has a hard time learning how to produce the happy chemicals on its own. This could be part of the problem… takes a long time for the brain to learn to do it on its own again.

2 Likes

What do you possibly love about him? You are allowing him to walk all over your self respect. Get rid of him. If he cares, he’ll straighten up. If not…don’t waste anymore time

2 Likes

What I’m gathering is that you assumed that him getting clean and coming out of rehab, that he was going to be this amazingly changed man, and that because you were there for him as opposed to his friends, that he would show that… but honestly, getting clean and rehab doesn’t automatically just change a person for the better. A lot of time addicts can not be around the same people or in the same relationships that they were in when they high once they get sober. Unfortunately

Change the locks next time he’s out? Sounds insufferable.

3 Likes

If you want him clean then give him a break. When you are getting clean its rough on the body. I watched my brother go clean. It wasn’t a pretty picture and sex was not even on the menu according to them. Life has many changes for him and you. Start being his friend and being their for him. If you can’t think more than just the sex then you have issues yourself.

1 Like

you sound like so many other woman who had a child by a guy who is ready to move on…I suggest to you the same thing…you need to see a solicitor…(lawyer) immediately and see what you need to do to get payment for your child…You are not married so you have no way of keeping him …but your child deserves being cared for…and the court can assist in that…Being a bio dad …he can just move on…and leave you…high and dry…These guys may have children here and there…or girlfriends all over town eventually…You need a dose of reality…Hate to do that to you but since you are not married he is free to move on…and on and on…I would get my ducks in a row…because you are going to need it…

Be glad you only have 1 kid together an leave him. Seems like he just wants you around to take care of shit.

1 Like

As someone who had a pill addiction, it completely ruins everything. Your brain function your sex drive. Pain pills (I’m assuming is what they were) release Serotonin and dopamine, so when you quit them, your brain is missing all of that extra. You lose your sex drive and you get extremely depressed when you are in the beginning of your sobriety . Try to be understanding and be happy that he’s trying to be sober and don’t focus so much on those things

If it’s pain pills-opiates do that to you, you don’t have good or bad feelings you just don’t have feelings at all ,before long you’re going to find yourself in the gutter and he sold everything out from under you to keep that addiction going

1 Like

Are you sure he’s sober? You said he goes out all the time with his friends. Maybe he’s using and can’t face you?

Have the drugs taken his mojo? Might take a little while for him to get that back.

Girl that man is still doing pills hun.

Leave that zero, get yourself a hero!

Is he on depression meds…
They will make him less sexy

Kick him to the curb,you and your child deserve better.

Get out while you can

Get shot. He won’t change.

‘Gamer’
There’s your answer in one simple word.
Gamers best friends live on a different continent…and they’ve never met - nor will they ever.

Toxic shit here again.

Well adios is what Id say!

Time to drop him. He is obviously not on love with you.

Kick him to the curb

Pills kill sex drive

Drop that zero & get you a hero

time for an upgrade to a real man

If you’re looking for a cuddle bear, you should start by getting the sweetest honey. If he’s not interested in affection and attention, fill that void with gym time for you. Every time he ignores you, improve your body. Hit the gym. Not only will you be filling a void in your schedule you need filled constructively, but you’re making the honey sweeter. :wink: before you know it, that cuddle bear is going to need a taste.

1 Like

Try going to ALANON. I think that is right. It is like AA for families of addicts and recovering addicts. These are the people that can help you.

4 Likes

My daughter was in the same spot as you. Husband had back surgery got addicted.he lied about it, he was taking money meant to pay storage on pills, they lost everything,all of her baby things,all of their daughters things. He stole money from the girls that was for a jog a thon at school, then lied about to them. His oldest daughter that’s now 14 doesn’t have much to do with him anymore. Some of the things you said about your husband is exactly how he acted too. They have been divorced for years. Not sure if he’s still doing them. I’m sorry this is happening to you. Myself id start thinking about what you might need to do for you and your child, and getting all your ducks in a row in case you need to leave him.

1 Like

It could be as simple as a side effect related to an anti depressant he is taking. TALK TO HIM. He is new to recovery and that in itself is very challenging. He is starting to deal with issues and feelings he hasn’t been dealing with for as long as he was using pills. Think about what he is going through. Educate yourself on addiction and recovery and how to live with a spouse in early recovery. Sex is the least of his worry’s right now when he’s just trying to stay sober. As long as he is actively working on his recovery be there for him. This is where “for better or for worse, in sickness and in health” comes into play.
Ps. I see they aren’t married but they are still a family and the same rules should apply. You don’t just leave when your man is going through hell, just because the sex has stopped. :woman_facepalming:t2:

Communication is the first step. I know a lot of people who suffer from depression after going through rehab and the struggle that it is trying to find your new normal. Try to come together verbally and emotionally first. If things still continue where you feel like this, well, then…

Leave. Don’t sit in a relationship that brings you down mentally and emotionally. If he loves you and wants to be in a relationship with you he’ll show you and make the effort. Leave so he knows that you have enough respect for yourself to not tolerate what he’s doing. The time away will ultimately allow him to decide if he truly wants to make it work or not. If he doesn’t, you didn’t really lose anything.
Plus the fact that you want to be the best version of yourself for your child. That’s not gonna happen if you continue debating whether to stay or go.

1 Like

Figure out WHY you love him and what he CONTRIBUTES to your family. If those things outweigh his behaviors, stay with him. If not, it’s time to leave

Walk in some one shoes for 24 years and let see how you can say give it time. I been there and done that too with my old man. He die in 2007.

Sit him down and have a face to face talk with him. Let him talk first and see what his problem is . Maybe he’s so use too you being around he’s not realizing how hurt you are. This might be his way of telling you he’s fallen out of love with you and he’s not brave enough or man enough too tell you. Maybe you should move out and move on. Talk to a family lawyer and get child issues taken care of ,officially . Sign up for WIC and medical… maybe leaving will get him back ! He’ll miss you hopefully,if not then move on.

He is probably seeing someone else. Probably from rehab. Most are happy to see family after rehab and show some attention. And if he is that way regularly, you need a man, not a boy.

Since you have been with him for five years there must be way more on the “Pro” list than the “Cons” list.
Maybe you need to start with these complaints put them on the cons side and …now I can’t think of anything to put on the Pro list… can you?

Pray to God for wisdom and direction.read new testament and proverbs

Leave!!! He may realize then what he’s losing and change or not and then you go make yourself happy.

You should stay… if you want more of the same.

It is not worth it to stand

If you are asking the question, you undoubtedly have your answer. Now you need to do what you need to do. All the best to you. :pray:

You don’t love him - you’re addicted to him. What does this show about your self-respect, or what example you are showing your baby? Run, run, run away as fast as you can!!!

Dump his ass, life is too short for that crap

Coming off of drugs is hard if he’s on meds his sex drive could be very low, he might feel weird and different, talk to him to figure out what’s going on, rehab isn’t easy and staying clean isn’t either he has to figure out how to live without them, talk.

2 Likes

Here’s the God’s truth. If you’ll take |-------| this much shit, you’ll get |-------| this much shit. If you’ll take |–‐----------------| this much shit, you’ll get |‐---------------------| this much shit.

Quit taking it or your little girl will find a man just like Daddy and start her own “shit-taking measuring stick”.

1 Like

Maybe he’s just ya know RECOVERING and your ass literally isn’t his first thought right now.