What to pack in a hospital bag?

What should I pack in my hospital bag? what are some things that you didnt pack and you wish you would have?

17 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What to pack in a hospital bag?

A long phone charger, sandals for the shower, a robe, comfy baggy pajamas, my own blanket & pillow, and my own toiletries.

Long phone charger, extra hair ties, and towels because my hospital had tiny towels for after my showers

Individually wrapped lollies like minties or fantails to offer your nurse when they are in your room. As a nurse, we always extra look after those patients and pay extra visits (especially when sweet tooth moment in a shift hitsšŸ¤£)

1 Like

Socks, lotion, brush, hair ties, deodorant, razors, tooth brush, tooth paste, pads, 4+ pairs of over sized underwear, loose fitting clothes, charger, book, slip on shoes.
Small pack of newborn diapers, small pack of size one diapers, scent free wipes, baby power/cream, baby lotion, zip up sleepers, onesies, car seat.

Snacks and chapstick

Bring your own diapers for yourself. So much more comfy than the one the hospital gives. Bring sweats or dress to hide the diaper when u go home lol.
Your own comfy robe. The one hospital gives is uncomfy and exposing. Also brings stretchy shoes or slippers, cause after epidural or in general after birth ur feet get swollen.
Pacifier!!! Obviously baby going home clothes. Bring Atleast 2-3 incase they pee or poop through. Nursing bra with no underwire/padding 2-3 sizes than what u usually are. Chapstick is a must- your lips get so chapped.

Pack your essentials like your going on vacay like a toothbrush, brush, extra pads period panties, comfortable clothes, fuzy socks, hair ties ,lotion!

Depends on how long youā€™re gonna be there.

Pillows/blankets
Deodorant
Dry shampoo
Toothbrush/toothpaste
Long phone charger
Slippers
Robe

Snacksā€¦
sweets and savoury.

Usual items
Charger & phone
Comfy clothes
Slippers for hospital & socks
Pjs
(I Packed for at least 3 nights in case)
Underwear - plus extras
Maternity Pads - x3
Toiletries - shampoo & conditioner, body wash,brush, tooth brush & paste.

Hubby change of clothes if he stays - Panadol.

Baby clothes
Singlets
Nappies
Wipes
Blanket

Pram in car to take baby to car -
Car seat ready to go.

Form my experience. Bring more then one size outfit for your baby to come home in. I was told that more than likely my son would fit a 0-3 months. Turned out I had to buy him preemie for the first month.

l get paid over $137 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19190 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption613.pages.dev/

1 Like

A long phone charger, clothes for the baby, your toiletries, clothes for you (I was DYING to get out of that hospital gownšŸ¤£), and a comfort item for you (blanket, pillow, stuffed animal, whatever you like. You do you.) I packed so much and these were the only things I used

1 Like

Main thing I make sure to take: phone charger, longer the better, and I make sure I have my own pillows. Otherwise, I donā€™t worry about much. Comfy clothes to go home in, body wash/shower items if you want to shower after, and an outfit or 2 for baby (I would pack newborn and 0-3, personally. I messed up only packing newborn clothes for my second born, wasnā€™t aware of how big he was.:rofl:) I was only there 24 hours after delivery so I didnā€™t even need some of the things I shoved into my bag. Lol

l get paid over $137 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19190 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption643.pages.dev/

1 Like

Dermoplast, bc the hospital didnā€™t supply it. House shoes bc the bathroom floor is gross, a pillow & blanket, & bring different size clothes for the baby, my daughter was much smaller than we expected, & most importantly, bring a fan (mine attached to the side of the hospital bed) & can be used in the stroller etc.

Add drinks if your hospital only has diet. Paper pen

Leave your phone so you canā€™t ask more stupid shit like that

Hair clip/ties, brush or comb, your personal toothbrush, Phone charger, long chord. 1 set of clothes to go home in. Closed Slippers. Reading material, puzzles, solo games, your pillow (if youā€™re picky)

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What to pack in a hospital bag?

i didnā€™t use over half of the stuff and i didnā€™t even ā€œoverpackā€. I used my shower stuff/toothbrush, one set of pjs, one outfit to wear home, phone charger, a pillow from my bed at home, house shoes, and quarters for the vending machine so you can have access to snacks.

I feel like we see this same post once a week. Nobody ever comes back and tells us that itā€™s our fault they overpacked and they needed like two of the four hundred things we swore they needed. :rofl:

Just pack your air fryer and some frozen tendies. Girl, your gonna be hungry as heck and want a nap.

20 Likes

Slippers s robe lip balm and a water bottle

Boppy pillow to breastfeed :breast_feeding:!

4 Likes

Snacks and food definitely. Drinks.
Comfortable things for breastfeeding. I sat ramrod straight the whole time and thought I had to. Nobody told me to just relax.

Didnā€™t really need anything I took ā€¦ just something to wear for the few hours we were in hospital to be honest ā€¦

3rd time mom here- by the time I got to number 3 I had it down lol.

I packed shower stuff, Snacks and drinks, phone charger, and comfy clothes! If youā€™re having a c section make sure your pants will go above the surgery line or wear nightgowns. I brought my own pillow too but thatā€™s because I hate the flat hospital pillows lol and easy to get on shoes I wore flip flops

6 Likes

You honestly need one outfit to go home and something for the baby. Small toiletries and use the hospital gowns especially if nursing. You can worry about the rest when youā€™re at home. Keep it simple.

2 Likes

Fuzzy socks with the non slip grips. I was only in the hospital for less than 48 hrs so I didnā€™t use much. Just bring your phone charger, toothbrush, toothpaste, chap stick, brush, hair ties, etc. Plus an outfit for yourself and baby. Diapers, wipes, formula, pads, etc are provided by the hospital.

2 Likes

If you plan on wanting to look good in photos after, pack the face wipes and a small compact or tinted moisturizer. I didnā€™t care, but some do. You never know when youā€™ll go into labor and my god will you sweat.

1 Like

I didnā€™t get to pack a hospital bag for either of my deliveries, because they both came suddenly. My daughter was almost born in the hallway at the hospital with no time for an epidural. :joy: Good times.

Iā€™d say donā€™t worry about the bag too much. Honestly.

1 Like

Healthy food. The hospital food after the birth was sparse and I actually wanted fruit more than I wanted chocolate or snacks.

1 Like

Toothbrush
Hairbrush
Chapstick
Deodorant
Loose fitting PJ pants
Loose fitting pj shirt and or tank top
Slippers/ flip flops or fuzzy socks
Phone charger
Going home outfit for you and baby
Snacks!
Boppy pillow to feed

Iā€™m a 3x c section mom if u r I would Pads if u donā€™t like the hospitals high-waisted underwear and pants , slippers ,charger screw an outfit to go home in still comfy pajamas something for baby clothing wise , snacks your hygiene stuff good to go donā€™t over pack you wonā€™t need or use half of it keep.it basic your every day to day things you use

My own soap. I was ready to shower and I had the crappy hospital stuff bc I didnā€™t think to bring some

Phone charger, chapstick, I always bring 2-3 outfits for myself because I feel gross after and as soon as I can shower it feels good to be in my own clothes, outfit for baby going home, and one for pictures. Binkies, blanket for baby, pillow, and I pack my own snacks for after baby is born , especially ones with fiber so you can have your Bm easier after! Iā€™m considering bringing my Roku this timeā€‹:joy::joy:

Honestly I didnā€™t have a hospital bag. They have everything there for you. And at the hospital I gave birth at they encouraged you to take everything you need. But I am bringing a pillow this time

Snacks and drinks!! Lol I was soooo hungry and thirsty with all 3.

1 Like

A extra camera. I lost all my photosšŸ˜­

Was I the only one who literally didnā€™t have an appetite at all after having my daughter? Lol but def chapstick

Anything that makes you feel pretty and comfortable.

Hair band was my only wish while there :laughing:

I wish i brought my own pillow

There will be words on the Streets!!!

Salt, coffee mate, sugar packets.

Your own pillow, blanket and a boppy

Long phone cord and chap stick!

Iā€™m about to have my third. Iā€™m bringing an extra long charger, my pump, chapstick, grapes and jello, nursing gown, labor and delivery gown, a yeti or metal water cup so my ice Doesnt melt every 5 min, toothpaste and toothbrush, hair brush, slip on shoes, ice pads, my own peri bottle, clothes for the baby, a swaddle. May bring my moisturizer too but not sure yet lol

1 Like

Snacks, chopstick and my laptop to watch movies lol. For some reason, there were no tvs in the recovery rooms lol.

1 Like

Honestly I wish I hadnā€™t packed so much.

1 Like

I wish i brought my brush !!

Besides everything i needed the main thing I made sure I had was tin milk and bottles :joy: soon as I gave birth they went straight on the bottle Lmao

Bring extra clothes for your significant other and baby, my son shit and pissed on every outfit we brought for him by the time we went home and with my daughter I ended up having postpartum preeclampsia and my fiancĆ© was running out of clothes lol prepare for something to go wrong cause I definitely didnā€™t

I would have bought more newborn clothes, since he pooped through them, lol. But otherwise I donā€™t think anything else, I was pretty prepared. I brought a phone charger and portable charger, bathrobe and slippers, pads and granny panties, newborn clothes, a hat for him, blanket for him, and just basics like a hairbrush and deodorant from what I remember, lol! And snacks! But yeah, toiletries are the best to bring, especially stuff to use in the shower. And comfy clothes for once youā€™re recovering (whether itā€™s the bathrobe I mentioned or sweatpants/pyjamas). Maybe your own pillow since hospital pillows suck.

Stuff for baby dad to eat while at hospital and toiletries

1 Like