What to pack in hospital bag?

An extension cord/phone charger, lip balm, and a comfy pillow. Oh, and some travel size shower stuff. A cute robe for you/swaddle set for babe if you plan on using the hospitalā€™s photographer. If you have pets at home that youā€™re worried about, bring a onesie that you can put on the babe for a while and then have someone else take to your house so they get used to the scent. Everything else is provided by the hospital honestly, I was so over packed.

OH! And Depends! Some people love the mesh undies they give you, I hated them. If Iā€™m ever lucky enough to have another babe Iā€™m 100% bringing Depends.

Donā€™t count on the hospital providing anything. If you do could wait hours to get a simple toothbrush. Go prepared with your own toiletries, gowns, slippers, and robe. If you think that you may need an extra blanket and pillow take it with you.

I had a c section and all I used was toiletries and go home outfit for baby and I. Things they were nice to have: blanket and pillow from home and I brought a bopy for breastfeeding it was super helpful. Snacks were provided by hubby!

Youā€™re own blanket and pillow! Few changes for the babe and yourself. Bathroom supplies(travel size), boppy pillow for babe, everything else I was basically provided. I personally brought my own Pads or adult diapers lol

Donā€™t overpack. Some of these comments are going to look like you are moving in. Bring a Summer dress because you never know if you will have a C-section. Bring a nightgown for afterwards. Small travel size toiletries. Use their towels so you donā€™t ruin yours. Bring the baby Iā€™m going home outfit and a swaddle. Chapstick. Face wipes. But the hospital has so much you can utilize

1 Like

Off subject but can someone please explain the whole chapstick thing. I always hear this, but Iā€™ve had 3 kids and not once have I ever been in the hospital like man, I could really use some chapstick. Did I just get lucky or something?! :sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:

Stool softeners!!! I canā€™t possibly stress this enough :sob::joy:

usually they give you a pack of diapers. I would pack several onesies and little outfits for your baby and a couple comfy outfits for yourself. are you breastfeeding or bottle feeding?

Chapstick and hair ties!!

Honestly, just the normal stuff you pack when you go on vacation. Comfortable/stretchy clothes, pjs, socks, extra hair ties & Bobbi pins, hygiene items, house shoes.

Multiple outfits for your baby (special outfit for professional pics if the hospital takes any) blanket for baby for when you leave. The hospital will supply you with plenty of diapers, petroleum for babyā€™s bottom if needed, formula, items for you post delivery (like the tucks pads, ice packs, pads, etcā€¦) while you are there.

Ask the hospital for more of the tucks pads and ice packs and stuff before you leave. Yes the ice packs only work for the first 24 hrs but they help with the pain!!

For you

Iā€™d say
Water bottle
Lip balm or vacaline as your lips dry out
Maternity pads
Larg maternity pants
A dressing gown
And comfy night wear
A dressing gown& slippers as hospitals are cold snacks
Phone and phone charger
Wipes
Nappies