What will planned parenthood tell my daughter?

I need your advice. I am a divorced, single Mom of three… My 21-year-old daughter lives with her older sister and me and my younger son, who is with me every other week. My 21 yr old daughter just found out last night; she is pregnant with a guy that she has been casually dating. She took the Plan B pill, but it did not work. I was shocked but not angry at her, as I know this was not the plan, and I know how upset she is. Honestly, I want her to keep the baby, and I have told her that I would help her and help raise the baby. I have also said that I will support her decision either way because I know she feels she is not ready to be a parent, especially on her own. She talked to the guy who is the father today, and of course, he is not interested in being a Dad. She has made an appointment to talk to Planned Parenthood tomorrow and actually has made an appt with them in two weeks. Question to you is this? Will Planned Parenthood talk to her at all about keeping the baby or adoption? Or will they just set up the time for an abortion? Does anyone know of another resource I can give her to at least call and talk to someone about options? Not a religious place, she was raised Christian but did not connect with one religion at this time. I am truly lost in this situation. I will not stress her out with me insisting that she keep the baby, but I was hoping that with time she might change her mind and decide to keep the baby. Thank you for listening; any advice you can give would be appreciated. Please keep us in your prayers.

214 Likes

When I was 22 I got pregnant for the first time and wasn’t supported by anyone in my family. I went to Planned Parenthood scared. They confirmed my pregnancy, tested for STDs, and then asked if I know what I’d like to do. I said I was unsure.
They told me 1. They support me. 2. Encouraged me to take time to think it over instead of a split second decision (they could tell I was scared). 3. They told me they have resources for single mothers that can help me. 4. They’re not there to push abortion, but if I decide that’s what’s best then their only job is to make it safe for me.
I decided to keep my baby because they were so reassuring and supportive. The staff dealing with me were nothing but happy and congratulatory when I told them I want to keep my baby. They gave me information on how to apply for Medi-Cal (free insurance because I had none) and a list of OBGYNs who take Medi-Cal. My girl is now 5.

Planned Parenthood does not push abortions. They do support the person in however they want to move forward. It’s your daughter’s decision and I hope she makes the right one for her. Good luck to her.

This entire post seems that it’s about you and not your daughter. Your daughter is 21 and she is already well aware of her options. It seems as if you are manipulating her but not directly. It’s like you want to take her to a place that will manipulate her into making the decision that you want her to make. You are trying to take her somewhere to guilt her into keeping it.
You should be ashamed.
I would never want a mother like you.
Deal with it.

2 Likes

This entire post seems that it’s about you and not your daughter. Your daughter is 21 and she is already well aware of her options. It seems as if you are manipulating her but not directly. It’s like you want to take her to a place that will manipulate her into making the decision that you want her to make. You are trying to take her somewhere to talk her into or guilt her into keeping it.
It’s not about you. It’s not about you. It is not about you.

She knows her options.
Give her some space and time and stay out of it.

1 Like

Of course they will talk to her about other options. Planned parenthood is NOT just an abortion center. 90% of planned parenthood centers don’t even preform them. They will talk to her about every option there is. Remember though. Regardless it is her decision!

I would adopt the baby as I can’t have kids of my own but I’m sure she wouldn’t be OK with me doing so. :sob::sob: I want a baby so bad.

They’re not going to be pushy, I believe they have a process where they ask neutral questions to determine if a girl is in the right mindset to make that kind of decision, they have people she can talk to and ask questions to in case she’s unsure, they are completely neutral and comforting regardless of the choice, you have nothing to worry about as far as them pushing or encouraging her to have the abortion

Quit telling her that you’ll help raise the baby, or that you want her to keep the baby or ask about her options. It is not your baby, let her do what she wants. The way you are acting is very guilt trip like and not okay. It doesn’t matter what you want, just what she wants. I’m sorry but nothing about this seems like a post looking for any advice or help other than how to help you get her to keep the baby. Planned parenthood will talk to her about everything & tbh you don’t need to know what they will talk to her about. Let her make her own choices, quit thinking about yourself and just be there for your daughter & her decision.

I agree this post seems like she’s asking for advice on how to get her daughter to keep the baby, nothing in this post is about the interest of her daughter but herself. I don’t want to judge but the OP seems very selfish and isn’t thinking about her daughter at all but herself. Best thing for the OP to do is let her daughter make her own choices and just keep her personal interests/opinions to herself and just be there for her daughter.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What will planned parenthood tell my daughter? - Mamas Uncut

They will send someone in to discuss all options.

8 Likes

They will make sure its what she wants.If they feel she has doubts,they wont book her in.They will give her time to think x

I think a pregnancy resource center would be a better option than planned Parenthood. While they are religious based (at least the ones here are) mine was not pushy on the religious part and they were super helpful and a great support.

If she is interested in considering adoption, we would be happy to adopt♥️Feel free to message me.

39 Likes

They’ll help her with her options and give her resources for her decision. Not all PP do abortions. So in the end if that is what she decides, she may have to go elsewhere for it.
Thank you for just being supportive of her decision.

Planned Parenthood explained all of my options to me and provided info and resources. I was not pressured to either abort nor keep the pregnancy. I was only advised to start prenatal care and was offered a list of OBGYNS if I was planning on keeping my daughter.

I personally don’t know much about Planned Parenthood, but I’m here to say thank you and kudos for not pushing your beliefs, being there for your daughter no matter what without judgement, and allowing her to make decisions for herself. Doing it right! :purple_heart:

11 Likes

Planned Parenthood does set up Abortions if she wants one.

Planned parenthood will discuss all the options with her and provide resources for all the options. They were fantastic

1 Like

Me husband would like to adopt the baby it have best life because gift of God

3 Likes

Planned parenthood gives you your options and the information you need but all the choices are hers to make. Sounds like she is already making the best choice for herself. Her wellbeing and her life are the priority not the fetus.

7 Likes

Planned Parenthood will provide her with accurate medical information and choices that she has in regards to this. They will assist her with figuring out what choices she wants to make in regards to this. If she decides to choose an abortion, they will assist her with finding clinics in the area and make sure that she has support for that act. And they will provide her with medical information for after care and how to get proper birth control.

7 Likes

I don’t have any resources for you but I would suggest that you pray hard that she will make the best decision for her and that baby. Make sure she knows she has your support in keeping and raising the baby, but then take it to God. Whether she feels connected to Him or not, He created her. He knows how to get her attention. :heart:

They will discuss all her options but will not try to persuade her one way or the other.

7 Likes

They will talk about all options. They will give her lots of brochures to look at. Good luck to her.

3 Likes

Hello. I have not personally experienced any of this - however , I have a dear friend who has (I supported her through her entire journey ) and I may have some answers depending on where you’re from.

1 Like

The people that work at Planned Parenthood are all about women’s health, healthy relationships, and making sure people are well informed and in a good place to make decisions. They are a great resource and full of compassionate people that want the best for their patients without forcing ideas or laying on a guilt trip. They are truly about education and women’s health

11 Likes

Planned Parenthood will not push her one way or the other. They will discuss her options with her and provide her with accurate information.

3 Likes

Plan B pull can take up to 3 weeks to work.

They will talk to her to see what she wants. To see if she is sure this is the path she wants to take. They will give her info for all avenues. They will not try to push her either way. This is her decision and they allow her to make it.

2 Likes

They do all options counseling- keeping the baby, adoption and abortion. Source: I worked there for 8 years.

8 Likes

They will explain all the options, an there is no pressure or judgment for what ever she decides.

6 Likes

Yes they are going to go ahead and coordinate an abortion if that’s what she wants. Maybe they’ll lay out all her options… although, I dont think it matters. They are going to help your daughter in whatever she thinks is best for her and if she doesn’t want to be pregnant and birth a baby, then termination is the best option for HER.

1 Like

Supposedly they will talk about “options” but when I went I was only harassed about abortion even when I told them I wasn’t interested in an abortion. They wouldn’t give me any other options. They did the test told me they do abortions in the clinic and could get me in easily and wouldn’t let it go. They then proceeded to tell me I was just so young (I was 19 and just had my 1st baby 3 months before that). They really tried to convince me to have an abortion. I walked in there only wanted they positive test to apply for insurance. Thry would leave the room and come in seeing of i changed my mind. I got irritated I was almost yelling at them by the 5th time they did it. This is my personal experience at a facility in my state. I really hope your daughters experience isn’t like mine.

1 Like

She has all the right but…if she is gonna keep.seeing the DAD …how sad that she KEEP him but not the baby. Cause then the obvious is…it will happen again
. Either way…her choice

2 Likes

Planned Parenthood will not push for either, but if abortion is mentioned they push hard for it to be ASAP. They will schedule her for bloodwork and appt with Dr within 48 hrs and you really don’t have time to think about it. They are super pushy once abortion is even mentioned. ((Before anyoine says, they have to be quick abiout the decision before she is to far along, I KNO… But they do not offer counselling before or after, its just pay us, get the bloodwork, get the pill or abortion, here are after care instructions and go to ER or primary care dr if you have complications, Sign here, good luck… Bye…)) Thats how they do it in Louisville Ky.

May GOD Bless her and the little one.

1 Like

They will discuss all her options. They will not pressure her to make a decision either way.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of PP talking about anything other than abortion. Prayers sent​:pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

They discuss ALL options and make sure it’s what SHE wants.

2 Likes

Look through her page and I’m sure they have a number that you can call so your daughter can speak to them etc. Good luck

2 Likes

They will talk to her about all the options and they have a lot of resources if she is still unsure. If she does decide she wants to terminate they will want to do it ASAP as it’s a different process the farther along she gets. Your doing a wonderful job mamas, giving her resources and guiding her but still allowing her to make the choice and decide what she wants and how she feels it’s a lot to handle but you got this

1 Like

I would reach out to a local pregnancy resource center and see if she can get into touch with others that have been in similar situations. I think it’s great that you are there to support her either way. But I do know some women, my age and older who did get an abortion and later seriously regretted it. It sounds like she will have an amazing support system if she keeps the baby and that is what is important. So if she knows, she isn’t alone and everything will be okay, she might choose to keep the baby. I’ll pray for you all :heart:

Please do not let her have an abortion
There are a lot of families willing to adopt but the process is so hard.
She needs to tell the father though it is half his decision

4 Likes

I’d assume they’d talk to her about all her options but if she is set on an abortion then that’s what they’ll do. I went to a free pregnancy center with 2 of my pregnancies and they talked about all options with me. If they don’t talk to her about all options then see if there’s a pregnancy center in your town or close by.

1 Like

She’ll hear all options and she can make the choice for herself. That’s her personal choice to make, not yours. Remember that and support her no matter what she chooses.

1 Like

Take her to compass care they will help her make decision to keep baby or adoption not abortion.

I hope and pray she don’t decide to abort, im 61 and i made that dreadful decision 43 years ago, was date raped, they didn’t call it that then and couldn’t go.to my parents , didn’t have anyone to talk to.about it except a so called friend who was talking me into it , because she did it , that haunts me to this day, worst decision i ever made, and i made alot.of bad ones, i developed PTSD due to things i seen that i was suppose to be out of it, but when they put the mask on me i didn’t breathe in , i held my breath.for a minute, dont know why, but i was tramitized for life , i wish to God i would have had.someone talk me out of it, later on when i had kids, i thought how could i have done that

Let her have the baby and have it adopted

My daughter was 17 . I took her to planned parenthood. They did not push anything on her. I told her I wasn’t mad. Disappointed, yes,mad no.i let her make her own decisions. My granddaughter is now 28 with three little ones of her own
I couldn’t be more proud of her.

4 Likes

This is something she needs to figure out
I recommend you keep your thoughts to yourself and just be an ear and a hug
Let’s planned parenting be there to give options and you just be there for back up and love

3 Likes

Look for a pregnancy resource center in your area. They may be run by Christians, but most now offer alternatives to abortions, help with resources, and parenting classes. Most do not push religion directly.

I dont have any resources on planned parenthood but if she wants to talk to someone who has gotten pregnant young, feel free to have her private message me! I got pregnant at 18 & decided to keep my son but was in a similar circumstance with his father at first. He’s 11 now & I’ve been a single mother for over 9 yrs. Just in case she wants someone to talk to who can relate :blush: Sometimes you need to know you’re not alone. :heart:

1 Like

Have her talk to the man’s family they my want the child’s it’s not their fault :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Pp will help her with resources for many options

2 Likes

They will discuss with her all her options. And they will help her to understand which of those options suits her, as an adult capable of making this choice, the best.

3 Likes

She will of course hear all options, but just be there for the one she makes.

1 Like

Support your daughters difficult decision. How about that? Seems like your undercover pushing your belief on her or what YOU want.

8 Likes

I’m with you grandma. I went through a similar situation with my youngest. She was living with a guy (thank God it was her house and no ties with him). She found out she was pregnant. He asked her to have an abortion. He wanted nothing to do with it. She didn’t want to terminate so after the 3rd try and him telling her to abort, she put him in the road. I found out afterwards. She had complications and had to leave work early and almost lost everything she had, but with our help, she made it. We now have a nine yr old, smart, handsome little boy that is full of life and wit and I can never imagine our life without him and she loves him dearly. I hope she changes her mind and will keep it. I know it’s a hard decision for her.

2 Likes

I would have her talk to her primary dr, planned parenthood is ok but her primary dr would be more unbiased and have her best interest at heart, she could also go talk to a therapist to work thru her answers she needs without any pressures

3 Likes

Her body, her decision…not yours. If you want another baby, then have one. This is her future and if it’s not what she wants, then you need to respect her decision

13 Likes

She will be spoken to about all of her options, but in the end it is her decision to make and no one, not even her own mother should be trying to coerce her her into something she doesn’t want.

4 Likes

It feels like you’re making this about you and what you want. Your whole job in this situation is to listen and hold her hand. Full stop. If she comes to you and says she wants to keep it and would like your help raising it, you can say yes or no, but even then, it’s her baby to raise in the way she sees fit not yours.

29 Likes

Maybe she can give the baby to someone who can’t have kids or an LGBTQ couple who want to adopt

1 Like

I was taken in, scanned, told I was high risk for an abortion. Said it could be done but it needed to be in the hospital and I would have to stay. They were not very um warm-hearted people. It could’ve been my mindset at the time though. I ended up not going thru with it and now have my 4nager little prissy princess. If she decides to go thru with it you need to be ready to support her thru her decision too mama. I’m sorry things happened to go thru this. It is disheartening on either side of the coin. But, to be honest, they did not discuss any other option with me besides abortion.

1 Like

I went there when I got pregnant at 15, I kept my daughter. They did tell me all my options even though I was already planning on keeping her. I do know people who have gone for an abortion and they explained options to them too but didn’t try pushing them one way or another. They told us them the effects it could have on their body as well. Ultimately it’s her decision and all you can do is be supportive and encourage birth control if she ends up deciding to not go through with the pregnancy so it doesn’t happen again.

6 Likes

They will tell her what her options are, if she chooses an abortion they will help with that. If she chooses something else they will also help with it.

1 Like

As someone who has been in this situation and went to planned parenthood. They are supportive of whatever decision you make and will not say anything to sway you one way or the other. They’re very professional. If you say you are there to get an abortion they will not ask many questions. They’ll take an ultrasound to see how far along you are and tell you if you qualify for an abortion. They’ll ask if you want to see the baby on the ultrasound or not.
Outside the planned parenthoods that actually perform the abortions (surgical or by the pill) there are usually protestors that may or may not alter the decision. But just be there for her with whatever decision she makes because it is not an easy one. She will need you.

5 Likes

PP is an amazing place. They will give her all the information and resources for her to make a decision.

1 Like

Personally I had a bad experience with planned parenthood. When I was 18, I went in for a pregnancy test. The nurse came in and told me it was positive. Then she asked me what my next step was. I said I would call to find an OB in my area. She looked right at me and said rudely"oh, your keeping it, well then there’s nothing else we can do for you". I was shocked and left. Never been back since

2 Likes

If the man you have your kids with determines whether you keep it or not then just never have kids! All kinds of things can change your circumstances in a second and you be a single parent!

Let her do what she wants, they will not push her in any certain direction, that is not their job, just as it’s not your job to force her to be a mother. PP will simply give her all the info she needs, make her read a very large book about the types of abortions and try to let her pick which one. When they are making sure of which forms of abortion they can do based on how far along she is, she will more than likely hear the heartbeat and see the ultrasounds. The big book of abortion info will be extremely detailed and hard enough to read if she isn’t heartless. Be her mom, not an almost grandma and keep what happens to yourself.

1 Like

The best thing you can do is pray. While you are seeking through prayer and meditation for GODs will be done, simply lover her and hold her tight. Let her know you support her decision. What you do not have to do : give her money, give her dismissive answer like " it will be OK what ever you decide. " or " maybe it is for the best ". Lots of young single mothers have been able to raise to successful positions in life. Having a child at a young age does not prevent future growth nor slow it down. My step daughter (African American ) had an abortion because Planned Parenthood did everything they could to convince her it was the best thing for an 18 year old young black female. Now she regrets that decision. I think that each PP facility is different and that the employees and staff have their own agenda’s.

2 Likes

Understandable you want her to keep your grand baby, all baby’s are irreplaceable and a very precious gift. Making the decision to get a abortion, adoption or even keeping the baby is super hard! You have to let her do what she thinks is right, maybe right now she’s just super not ready for the single mom life or the depression that comes with pregnancy and after. Plan parenthood has to talk about other options and I’m pretty sure they don’t let you get a abortion that day, depending on the state you have to come back days later, if you can get another appointment that soon after.

1 Like

Planned parenthood will have her examined by a doctor. She will decide her options from there.

Planned parenthood will listen to her and give her options, they will give her resources. But if she walks in saying she wants an abortion, then that is the information they will give her. It is not ANY institutions/ doctors office authority to sway her decision.

4 Likes

Planned parenthood will assist your daughter in making an educated decision. They will assist with her options. Not all planned parenthood locations perform abortions, their goal is for healthy women, mothers and families no matter what that may look like. Best of luck to her on her journey.

7 Likes

Find a Pregnancy Resource Center. They are wonderful! Caring, compassionate and professional. They will do a sonogram and let her/them hear the heartbeat. This is reality that she will either face now or later, and can be very empowering:)

1 Like

Please do not tell your daughter to have a child if she isn’t ready to do that. As a parent you should let her know you will support her no matter the decision she makes. Planned parenthood will NOT force any option. They let you know about all of the options you have. Best of
Luck!

14 Likes

Love Planned Parenthood. They will offer her all options and refer her to other resources if needed.

1 Like

If she & the father don’t want this baby don’t push her !!! There are enough unwanted children in the world already as it is !! … This is *their choice NOT yours !! I feel you should support her (their) decision !!
Abortions have a stigmatism surrounding them *in this era !!! Midwives & nurse maids have been performing abortions since recorded time since we’ve known about herbalism …
Please don’t pressure her to carry full term or keep the baby unless SHE decides to do so … Also be grateful that she came to you openly about it - it shows she loves & trusts you !!
Please just be there for her & support any decision/s she makes ! :rose::rose::heart::heart:

13 Likes

Her body, her choice

5 Likes

Planned Parenthood is the least judgemental and most open minded place I’ve ever been. They will sit her down and talk her through all the options and make sure she really understands. They try to avoid abortions at all costs (where I live at least) but will do them if that is truly what the patient wants. They are super dedicated to educating all the individuals that walk in there. They have tons of resources they can give her if she’s still unsure at the end of her visit with them. If you are worried about it, or want a second opinion there are plenty of pregnancy resource centres that are non-religious that are very helpful too.

4 Likes

They’ll give her options. Any option she chooses they’ll help her with. Support her in her decision, keep, adopt or abort. Shower her in just love you have for her.

5 Likes

Planed parenthood is not a place that only talks about abortion. They talk to you about what your options are. They help you in whatever way you need help.

1 Like

They will lay out her options and allow her to choose which is best for her.

2 Likes

Many other pregnancy resource centers will help coach her through her options. PP can be great…or horrible. Each is different. I would recommend somewhere that has good online reviews for their counseling

1 Like

Not about what you want. It’s about what she want to do with her life.

4 Likes

Feel free to have her message me! I went through that exact situation and know the confusion and struggle to decide your options !!! It is a very tough and emotional situation ! :cry:

Obviously christian thinking planned parenthood just wants to kill babies. Jeez

1 Like

Her body, her life, her choice.

6 Likes

Planned parenthood will tell her all of the options available to her, just like any other medical clinic. If she wants to have an abortion, it doesn’t matter what you want, it’s her body. Leave it alone and let her decide for herself.

2 Likes

Planned parenthood will most definitely discuss all of the options with her. No judgement, just facts and resources.

4 Likes

Save the Storks!! It’s a fantastic organization. I have donated monthly for the past 2+ years to their cause.

2 Likes

Planned parenthood would not tell her to get an abortion or to pick adoption. They would very clearly state all of her options and provide resources for each option.

3 Likes

They will go over all of HER options.

4 Likes

They are Planned UNparethood, their goal is for people to NOT have children. I went as a young adult trying to get fertility help. Wished they were required to change their name for faulse advertising.

7 Likes

Planned Parenthood is factual and supportive. They will share all of her options and answer her questions but not guilt trip her into any one choice.

3 Likes

They’re supposed to tell you about all the options but sometimes people’s own personal feelings get in the way and they aren’t discussed in the manner they should be. The best thing you can do is support your daughter in whatever choice she makes because all the choices are difficult ones!

It depends which location she goes to. The one here does prenatal care and prevention but has to refer you upstate for abortions. They obviously go over other options first. They should go over all the options with her. There are some bad locations that are abortion-centered (it’s to be expected). I’d just make sure she understands all her options. Even if she chooses adoption, Google everything. Having an unwanted pregnancy, no option is gonna be ideal.